|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What works has Mozart written during the same time?
(a) Keyboard concerti and the string quartets.
(b) The opera Guilio Cesere.
(c) Music for the popular theatre.
(d) Only two violin concerti.
2. How does Salieri get his hands on some of Mozart's manuscripts?
(a) He buys them from a second-hand dealer.
(b) The Venticelli bring them to him.
(c) He steals them.
(d) He bribes a servant to steal them.
3. What kind of work has the Emperor commissioned Mozart to write?
(a) A string quartet.
(b) A symphony.
(c) An opera.
(d) A concerto.
4. What is Salieri's burning ambition at this time of his life?
(a) To become the Court Composer.
(b) To have seven sons, all musicians.
(c) To become First Royal Kapellmeister.
(d) To write the perfect opera.
5. How does Salieri cope with his insight into Mozart's talent?
(a) He falls into depression.
(b) He composes an opera about it.
(c) He throws himself into work.
(d) He complains to one of his committees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is holding up Wolfgang's and Constanze's marriage?
2. What causes Mozart to stop his silliness on this occasion?
3. What insight does Salieri experience when he hears 'Marten Aller Arten' being sung?
4. What is Salieri's occupation at this time?
5. How could Constanze secure for husband the job of tutor to Princess Elizabeth?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)