|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Constanze accuse her husband of doing?
(a) Sleeping with Katharina Cavalieri.
(b) Having an affair with the Princess Elizabeth.
(c) Sleeping with all his female pupils.
(d) Sleeping in every day and not doing any work to earn them money.
2. What does Salieri say is the effect of the slowness in the music?
3. What intensely special quality does Salieri believe Mozart's music possesses?
(a) He believes it has the power to charm birds and animals.
(b) He finds it is angelic, heavenly.
(c) He believes it is revolutionary in its atonal structure.
(d) He believes it is like the voice of God.
4. What salary does Salieri recommend Mozart be paid?
(a) Two hundred florins a year.
(b) Two hundred florins a week.
(c) Two hundred florins a month.
(d) Two thousand florins a year.
5. Who does Salieri claim is the inspiration for the Ghost in Don Giovanni?
(a) Leopold Mozart.
(c) Chris Gluck.
(d) Old Papa Haydn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Emperor's judgment of the opera.
2. Which Mozart opera is being performed in this scene?
3. What causes Mozart to stop his silliness on this occasion?
4. How does Mozart react when the Major-Domo enters?
5. What solo instrument sounds a single note?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)