|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Salieri find a compensation for ghastly encounters at the Baroness's?
(a) The creative ideas that follow.
(b) Eating eclairs in secret.
(c) Watching Mozart suffer.
(d) His favorite crema al mascarpone.
2. Salieri describes the opera's music as an excellent match for what?
(a) Viennese tastes.
(b) Vulgar tastes.
(c) Mozart's vulgar coat.
(d) The lead soprano's voice.
3. What causes Salieri physical pain as he listens to the piece?
(a) Its intense beauty.
(b) Its discord and atonality.
(c) Its frequent strange modulations.
(d) The number of notes--there are too many to follow.
4. What animal is Mozart pretending to be?
(a) A cat.
(b) A fox.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A tiger.
5. Why is a party being held at Baroness Waldstadten's?
(a) To celebrate the Emperor's birthday.
(b) To celebrate the Feast of the Assumption.
(c) To celebrate Salieri's birthday.
(d) To celebrate New Year's Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prompts the Emperor's response to the opera?
2. What animal is Constanze imitating?
3. How does Mozart react to news of his salary?
4. How does the audience react to the opera's finale?
5. How does Salieri describe Mozart at the end of this scene?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)