|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who performs as mascots at the dance?
2. Who does Luis jump with the Lomas?
3. Who will think Luis is weak if he does not react immediately to get revenge on the Sangras?
4. Where does Luis father work as a janitor when Luis is in high school?
5. What comes to the neighborhood to try to address the gang problems?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Lomas come to power?
2. How does Luis fair in his beating to become a Lomas?
3. What does Chente say about what he discovers in Luis's garage?
4. Describe Luis's experience with drugs that is described midway through the book.
5. Who is Michael Robles?
6. Why is the meeting of gangs called off?
7. How does Luis get wrapped up in the attack led by Santos?
8. Why is Roberta a prostitute?
9. How does Luis get involved in Neighborhood Youth Corps?
10. How does the dream about Lisa save Gloria?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contract the relationship between Luis and his mother with the relationship he has with his father. Does he blame his father for his mother's hard life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what leads to Luis being kicked out of the house and into the garage. What prompts Luis's mother to be fed up with him? How does it make Luis feel? Why does he turn to drugs?
Essay Topic 3
How does Luis's writing get discovered, and what does it do to his family's feelings about him?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)