|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the consequence for Luis for getting involved in riots?
2. How long does Luis wait for Vivian at the dance before he leaves?
3. Who tells Luis to get a gun after the bikers accost?
4. What happens to Little Man?
5. What is the result of Luis's charges from the riots he is involved in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Luis tries to attend Taft High School to get a better education?
2. Why do the Lomas come to power?
3. Who is Lisa and what dream does Luis have about her?
4. Why isn't Luis charged in the attack on the bikers?
5. How does Luis feel about the changes Mr. Madison made?
6. What does Chente say about what he discovers in Luis's garage?
7. How does Luis find out about the city mural project?
8. How do the riots of the Vietnam War impact Luis's life?
9. What are Mr. Madison's plans for changes for the high school?
10. What are some small strides happening in race relations at Luis' school after Mr. Madison arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Luis relate to the Vietnam War protests? In what ways was he able to express himself?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what leads to Luis being kicked out of the house and into the garage. What prompts Luis's mother to be fed up with him? How does it make Luis feel? Why does he turn to drugs?
Essay Topic 3
How does the reaction of Luis's American teacher impact him for the rest of the year? What is he afraid of?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)