|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Cokie?
2. How soon is Luis supposed to come after Santos in the revenge plot?
3. Who is Puppet?
4. What does Luis use to stab someone during a gang activity?
5. After news about Cokie's, what happens to plans for the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Michael Robles?
2. How does Luis fair in his beating to become a Lomas?
3. What are Mr. Madison's plans for changes for the high school?
4. How does Luis get involved in Neighborhood Youth Corps?
5. How does the dream about Lisa save Gloria?
6. Why does Sal feel for the Sangras?
7. Why is Roberta a prostitute?
8. What are some small strides happening in race relations at Luis' school after Mr. Madison arrives?
9. What does Chente say about what he discovers in Luis's garage?
10. How does Luis get wrapped up in the attack led by Santos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It's interesting that Luis has never expressed his own level of commitment to the gang, but does say that he knows he can't say no when asked to participate in a particular raid or gang event. Compare and contract Luis's commitment to the gang with his commitment to his family.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Neighborhood Youth Corps with a gang. In what ways are they alike? Different?
Essay Topic 3
What is the community's response to the escalation of gang violence, and how does it help or hurt Luis?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)