|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did a group of bikers accost midway through the book?
2. Where does Luis find Vivian after he had been waiting for her at the dance?
3. Where is the Sangras main warrior when the Lomas exact revenge?
4. How soon is Luis supposed to come after Santos in the revenge plot?
5. How old is Luis when is he turned away by the gang members using hard drugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lisa and what dream does Luis have about her?
2. What happens when Luis tries to attend Taft High School to get a better education?
3. How does the dream about Lisa save Gloria?
4. How does Luis get involved in Neighborhood Youth Corps?
5. What are Mr. Madison's plans for changes for the high school?
6. How does Luis find out about the city mural project?
7. Why does Sal feel for the Sangras?
8. How does Luis feel about the changes Mr. Madison made?
9. Why isn't Luis charged in the attack on the bikers?
10. Why is the meeting of gangs called off?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the race problems at Luis's high school, including specific incidents from the book involving teachers and students. How do they affect Luis? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What is the impact of Luis's near-death experience with sniffing on his life?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Neighborhood Youth Corps with a gang. In what ways are they alike? Different?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)