|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of athletics do the Mexicans join after Mr. Madison comes to the high school?
2. When the leader of The Animal tribe was killed, who was pregnant?
3. How old is Luis when he is allowed a taste of heroine?
4. Who began To Help Mexican American Students?
5. Are girls allowed in gangs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the dream about Lisa save Gloria?
2. How do the riots of the Vietnam War impact Luis's life?
3. Why do the Lomas come to power?
4. What does Chente say about what he discovers in Luis's garage?
5. Who is Michael Robles?
6. Who is Lisa and what dream does Luis have about her?
7. Describe Luis's experience with drugs that is described midway through the book.
8. What kind of anger does Luis feel about his relationship with Vivian?
9. Why is Roberta a prostitute?
10. How does Luis feel about the changes Mr. Madison made?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what leads to Luis being kicked out of the house and into the garage. What prompts Luis's mother to be fed up with him? How does it make Luis feel? Why does he turn to drugs?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Luis's father's struggle to maintain a job causes the family to move to L.A. and how the job situation is once he gets there.
Essay Topic 3
How does Luis's writing get discovered, and what does it do to his family's feelings about him?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)