|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Sangras shoot that prompts revenge from the Lomas?
2. What is the plan to get revenge on the Sangras?
3. What happens to Little Man?
4. What kind of sign does Luis take the mascot changes as?
5. Whose calls does Vivian eventually refuse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mr. Madison's plans for changes for the high school?
2. Why does Luis stab someone with a screwdriver?
3. How does Luis feel about the changes Mr. Madison made?
4. How does the dream about Lisa save Gloria?
5. What are some small strides happening in race relations at Luis' school after Mr. Madison arrives?
6. What happens when Luis tries to attend Taft High School to get a better education?
7. Why does Sal feel for the Sangras?
8. What kind of anger does Luis feel about his relationship with Vivian?
9. Who is Lisa and what dream does Luis have about her?
10. What does Chente say about what he discovers in Luis's garage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Chente, and compare and contrast Luis's life to his. How do you think Luis feels he compares to someone like Chente?
Essay Topic 2
What does Yuk-Yuk teach Luis about stealing? And why is stealing more attractive to Luis than the menial jobs he took at 9 years-old to help support the family?
Essay Topic 3
What is the community's response to the escalation of gang violence, and how does it help or hurt Luis?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)