|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes to the neighborhood to try to address the gang problems?
2. How was the leader of The Animal Tribe killed?
3. Are girls allowed in gangs?
4. Where is the Sangras main warrior when the Lomas exact revenge?
5. Who began To Help Mexican American Students?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chente say about what he discovers in Luis's garage?
2. Why isn't Luis charged in the attack on the bikers?
3. Who is Michael Robles?
4. What kind of anger does Luis feel about his relationship with Vivian?
5. What happens when Michael's brother gets in trouble?
6. Why does Luis stab someone with a screwdriver?
7. What happens when Luis tries to attend Taft High School to get a better education?
8. Describe Luis's experience with drugs that is described midway through the book.
9. How does Luis feel about the changes Mr. Madison made?
10. What are some small strides happening in race relations at Luis' school after Mr. Madison arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Luis relate to the Vietnam War protests? In what ways was he able to express himself?
Essay Topic 2
What does Yuk-Yuk teach Luis about stealing? And why is stealing more attractive to Luis than the menial jobs he took at 9 years-old to help support the family?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of feelings does Luis have the first time he is away from the club or clique? Why might he have these feelings? What does this reveal about him?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)