|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one rule for the dance that is arranged?
2. How does Luis's dream about Lisa end?
3. What gang does Cokie belong to?
4. What happens to Little Man?
5. Who is Mr. Madison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the riots of the Vietnam War impact Luis's life?
2. Why do the Lomas come to power?
3. What happens when Luis tries to attend Taft High School to get a better education?
4. What kind of anger does Luis feel about his relationship with Vivian?
5. Why does Sal feel for the Sangras?
6. What are Mr. Madison's plans for changes for the high school?
7. How does the dream about Lisa save Gloria?
8. How does Luis get wrapped up in the attack led by Santos?
9. Who is Lisa and what dream does Luis have about her?
10. How does Luis describe the workers at the community centers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the impact of Luis's near-death experience with sniffing on his life?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Luis relate to the Vietnam War protests? In what ways was he able to express himself?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the impact of the death of a little girl named Coke on the neighborhood's attempts to stop gang violence.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)