|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Are girls allowed in gangs?
2. Where is the Sangras main warrior when the Lomas exact revenge?
3. Which accused murderer is Luis with in jail?
4. Whose calls does Vivian eventually refuse?
5. How old is Luis when he is allowed a taste of heroine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the impact on Luis's life when he waits for his father in the library and discovers an appreciation for writing.
Essay Topic 2
How does the struggle of people in the neighborhood and Luis's family's own struggle to fit in in America impact Luis's joining the club or gang? What is he seeking?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the race problems at Luis's high school, including specific incidents from the book involving teachers and students. How do they affect Luis? Why?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)