|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the bikers name in the attempted murder?
2. What is the school mascot at Keppel High School?
3. How does Luis's dream about Lisa end?
4. Why does The Animal Tribe start to decline?
5. Who is Roberta?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sal feel for the Sangras?
2. Why do the Lomas come to power?
3. Why is Roberta a prostitute?
4. How does Luis get wrapped up in the attack led by Santos?
5. What kind of anger does Luis feel about his relationship with Vivian?
6. Who is Michael Robles?
7. How do the riots of the Vietnam War impact Luis's life?
8. How does the dream about Lisa save Gloria?
9. How does Luis find out about the city mural project?
10. What happens when Luis tries to attend Taft High School to get a better education?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Luis relate to the Vietnam War protests? In what ways was he able to express himself?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Neighborhood Youth Corps with a gang. In what ways are they alike? Different?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Chente, and compare and contrast Luis's life to his. How do you think Luis feels he compares to someone like Chente?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)