|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Viviana?
2. What is the result of Luis's charges from the riots he is involved in?
3. Where does Luis find Vivian after he had been waiting for her at the dance?
4. Are girls allowed in gangs?
5. Who is Little Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Luis stab someone with a screwdriver?
2. Why isn't Luis charged in the attack on the bikers?
3. How do the riots of the Vietnam War impact Luis's life?
4. What kind of anger does Luis feel about his relationship with Vivian?
5. Why is the meeting of gangs called off?
6. Who is Joe and what does Joe discover about Luis?
7. How does Luis describe the workers at the community centers?
8. Why does Sal feel for the Sangras?
9. What are some small strides happening in race relations at Luis' school after Mr. Madison arrives?
10. How does Luis get wrapped up in the attack led by Santos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Luis's father's struggle to maintain a job causes the family to move to L.A. and how the job situation is once he gets there.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of feelings does Luis have the first time he is away from the club or clique? Why might he have these feelings? What does this reveal about him?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Luis relate to the Vietnam War protests? In what ways was he able to express himself?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)