|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the leader of The Animal Tribe killed?
2. How soon is Luis supposed to come after Santos in the revenge plot?
3. What is the age of the person who is accompanying Luis when he is caught by the police?
4. Who attends Taft High School midway through the book?
5. Why does Luis say the gang wars pause midway through the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sal feel for the Sangras?
2. What does Chente say about what he discovers in Luis's garage?
3. How does Luis get involved in Neighborhood Youth Corps?
4. Why does Luis stab someone with a screwdriver?
5. Why do the Lomas come to power?
6. How does Luis get wrapped up in the attack led by Santos?
7. Why isn't Luis charged in the attack on the bikers?
8. Why is the meeting of gangs called off?
9. How do the riots of the Vietnam War impact Luis's life?
10. Who is Michael Robles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of feelings does Luis have the first time he is away from the club or clique? Why might he have these feelings? What does this reveal about him?
Essay Topic 2
Beyond a feeling of belonging, why is the pull of the gang for Luis so strong that even a woman's influence cannot change his mind?
Essay Topic 3
How does the reaction of Luis's American teacher impact him for the rest of the year? What is he afraid of?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)