|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Luis to get a gun after the bikers accost?
2. What kinds of injuries does the person have who takes a beating to join the Lomas?
3. When the leader of The Animal tribe was killed, who was pregnant?
4. Who is the leader of The Animal Tribe?
5. What happens to Little Man?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contract the relationship between Luis and his mother with the relationship he has with his father. Does he blame his father for his mother's hard life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
It's interesting that Luis has never expressed his own level of commitment to the gang, but does say that he knows he can't say no when asked to participate in a particular raid or gang event. Compare and contract Luis's commitment to the gang with his commitment to his family.
Essay Topic 3
What does Yuk-Yuk teach Luis about stealing? And why is stealing more attractive to Luis than the menial jobs he took at 9 years-old to help support the family?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)