|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the bikers name in the attempted murder?
2. Which accused murderer is Luis with in jail?
3. What happens to Little Man?
4. Who is the leader of The Animal Tribe?
5. What kind of sign does Luis take the mascot changes as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mr. Madison's plans for changes for the high school?
2. How does Luis describe the workers at the community centers?
3. Why is Roberta a prostitute?
4. How does Luis feel about the changes Mr. Madison made?
5. Describe Luis's experience with drugs that is described midway through the book.
6. How does the dream about Lisa save Gloria?
7. How does Luis get involved in Neighborhood Youth Corps?
8. How does Luis fair in his beating to become a Lomas?
9. What kind of anger does Luis feel about his relationship with Vivian?
10. Who is Joe and what does Joe discover about Luis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Chente, and compare and contrast Luis's life to his. How do you think Luis feels he compares to someone like Chente?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the race problems at Luis's high school, including specific incidents from the book involving teachers and students. How do they affect Luis? Why?
Essay Topic 3
How does the struggle of people in the neighborhood and Luis's family's own struggle to fit in in America impact Luis's joining the club or gang? What is he seeking?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)