|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Luis jump with the Lomas?
2. Who takes a beating to join the Lomas?
3. Where does Luis find Vivian after he had been waiting for her at the dance?
4. Who tells Luis about the Neighborhood Youth Corps program?
5. What does Luis find out about Roberta shortly after he begins to like her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luis get involved in Neighborhood Youth Corps?
2. Why isn't Luis charged in the attack on the bikers?
3. Who is Lisa and what dream does Luis have about her?
4. How does Luis feel about the changes Mr. Madison made?
5. What does Chente say about what he discovers in Luis's garage?
6. How does Luis describe the workers at the community centers?
7. How does Luis find out about the city mural project?
8. Why does Luis stab someone with a screwdriver?
9. What kind of anger does Luis feel about his relationship with Vivian?
10. Why does Sal feel for the Sangras?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the title "Always Running" mean? How does Luis explain it in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contract the relationship between Luis and his mother with the relationship he has with his father. Does he blame his father for his mother's hard life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is the impact of Luis's near-death experience with sniffing on his life?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)