|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Luis new information about Roberta?
2. Who tells Luis to get a gun after the bikers accost?
3. Who did a group of bikers accost midway through the book?
4. Who does Luis find out is pregnant?
5. How long does Luis wait for Vivian at the dance before he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chente say about what he discovers in Luis's garage?
2. Who is Joe and what does Joe discover about Luis?
3. Why is the meeting of gangs called off?
4. How does Luis get involved in Neighborhood Youth Corps?
5. How does the dream about Lisa save Gloria?
6. How does Luis feel about the changes Mr. Madison made?
7. What are Mr. Madison's plans for changes for the high school?
8. What kind of anger does Luis feel about his relationship with Vivian?
9. Why is Roberta a prostitute?
10. Why does Sal feel for the Sangras?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Neighborhood Youth Corps with a gang. In what ways are they alike? Different?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the title "Always Running" mean? How does Luis explain it in the book?
Essay Topic 3
How does the reaction of Luis's American teacher impact him for the rest of the year? What is he afraid of?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)