|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Madison?
2. What is the school mascot at Keppel High School?
3. Where is the leader of The Animal Tribe killed?
4. What happens to Santos when the police arrive on the attempted murder scene?
5. Who takes a beating to join the Lomas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Michael's brother gets in trouble?
2. What does Chente say about what he discovers in Luis's garage?
3. Why does Luis stab someone with a screwdriver?
4. Why is Roberta a prostitute?
5. What kind of anger does Luis feel about his relationship with Vivian?
6. How does Luis find out about the city mural project?
7. How does Luis describe the workers at the community centers?
8. How does Luis fair in his beating to become a Lomas?
9. What are Mr. Madison's plans for changes for the high school?
10. What are some small strides happening in race relations at Luis' school after Mr. Madison arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Neighborhood Youth Corps with a gang. In what ways are they alike? Different?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the title "Always Running" mean? How does Luis explain it in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What is the community's response to the escalation of gang violence, and how does it help or hurt Luis?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)