|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Little Man?
2. What does Luis use to stab someone during a gang activity?
3. How long does Luis wait for Vivian at the dance before he leaves?
4. Which accused murderer is Luis with in jail?
5. Who is the leader of The Animal Tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the meeting of gangs called off?
2. What are some small strides happening in race relations at Luis' school after Mr. Madison arrives?
3. How does Luis find out about the city mural project?
4. How does Luis describe the workers at the community centers?
5. Why isn't Luis charged in the attack on the bikers?
6. How does Luis get involved in Neighborhood Youth Corps?
7. What happens when Michael's brother gets in trouble?
8. How does Luis feel about the changes Mr. Madison made?
9. How does Luis fair in his beating to become a Lomas?
10. How do the riots of the Vietnam War impact Luis's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Luis's writing get discovered, and what does it do to his family's feelings about him?
Essay Topic 2
How does the reaction of Luis's American teacher impact him for the rest of the year? What is he afraid of?
Essay Topic 3
What is the community's response to the escalation of gang violence, and how does it help or hurt Luis?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)