|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sal Basuto?
2. What does Luis find out about Roberta shortly after he begins to like her?
3. Who is the leader of The Animal Tribe?
4. What is the plan to get revenge on the Sangras?
5. Are girls allowed in gangs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lisa and what dream does Luis have about her?
2. Why is the meeting of gangs called off?
3. How does the dream about Lisa save Gloria?
4. Why isn't Luis charged in the attack on the bikers?
5. Why does Sal feel for the Sangras?
6. Why does Luis stab someone with a screwdriver?
7. Describe Luis's experience with drugs that is described midway through the book.
8. What happens when Luis tries to attend Taft High School to get a better education?
9. Who is Michael Robles?
10. Why do the Lomas come to power?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of feelings does Luis have the first time he is away from the club or clique? Why might he have these feelings? What does this reveal about him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Chente, and compare and contrast Luis's life to his. How do you think Luis feels he compares to someone like Chente?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Luis's father's struggle to maintain a job causes the family to move to L.A. and how the job situation is once he gets there.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)