|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of sign does Luis take the mascot changes as?
(a) Barriers are coming down.
(b) Things are getting worse.
(c) They are not important.
(d) He's getting more popular.
2. After news about Cokie's, what happens to plans for the meeting?
(a) Things quiet down.
(b) It is called off.
(c) Barely anyone shows up.
(d) It goes as planned.
3. Who doesn't understand why Luis got involved in the attempted murder?
(b) Mr. Madison.
4. Where does Luis father work as a janitor when Luis is in high school?
(a) A community college.
(b) A retail store.
(c) The jail.
(d) A restaurant.
5. Who will think Luis is weak if he does not react immediately to get revenge on the Sangras?
(b) The Sangras.
(c) The Lomas.
(d) The neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luis use to stab someone during a gang activity?
2. What kind of athletics do the Mexicans join after Mr. Madison comes to the high school?
3. What is To Help Mexican American Students known as?
4. How does Luis's dream about Lisa end?
5. Who does Luis find out is pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mr. Madison's plans for changes for the high school?
2. How does the dream about Lisa save Gloria?
3. What are some small strides happening in race relations at Luis' school after Mr. Madison arrives?
4. Describe Luis's experience with drugs that is described midway through the book.
5. Why do the Lomas come to power?
6. Why does Sal feel for the Sangras?
7. What happens when Michael's brother gets in trouble?
8. Who is Michael Robles?
9. Who is Lisa and what dream does Luis have about her?
10. How does Luis find out about the city mural project?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)