|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Luis's family has to move in with a relative?
(a) They become closer.
(b) They begin to hate each other.
(c) They cry all the time.
(d) They are constantly fighting.
2. What kind of car goes by when a gang member is shot in the face?
(a) A new car.
(b) An old car.
(c) A convertible.
(d) A car without plates.
3. How was Luis's first Christmas in Watts?
(a) Not good.
(b) The usual.
(c) The best ever.
(d) Better than Mexico.
4. What happens when people sign up to get a subscription that Luis and Rano are selling in the neighborhood?
(a) They tell him to go away.
(b) They sign up for the free gift but never pay.
(c) They spit in his face.
(d) They run away before paying.
5. Which gang is preparing for war after the shooting at the vacant lot?
(a) Rano's gang.
(b) The Old Boys.
(c) The Tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works at a car wash when Luis's mother tell the boys to get jobs?
2. What did Luis's mother buy him in the memory at the beginning of the book?
3. What do Rano and Luis steal for Shed Cowager?
4. Where did that memory take place that is described at the beginning of the book?
5. Who does Luis think teachers favor at his high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Luis break his toys at Christmas?
2. How did Luis's family end up settling in Los Angeles?
3. How does Luis describe his high school?
4. Why is Luis known as "Chin?"
5. What does the gang discover about the white people at the beach?
6. Why did Rano pick on his brother?
7. Who are "Thee Impersonations"?
8. How does Luis's problem with stealing and killing come to a head at the concession stand?
9. What do the people in "Thee Impersonations" desire?
10. How does graffiti show a rift within the gang?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)