|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who puts old sofas in the vacant lot?
(a) Luis's mom.
(c) The gang.
(d) Luis's dad.
2. What happens at the concession stand when Luis is there on a gang mission?
(a) A man can't open the safe.
(b) Luis begins to cry.
(c) Shed kills a man.
(d) Rano kills a man.
3. Who disappears without a trace after being injured in a gang shooting?
4. What kind of car goes by when a gang member is shot in the face?
(a) A new car.
(b) A car without plates.
(c) A convertible.
(d) An old car.
5. Why does the gang plan a trip to a "real beach?"
(a) To celebrate Clavo coming home from the hospital.
(b) To get away from rival gangs.
(c) To celebrate a birthday.
(d) Because it's hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Luis's family after the police come to their home in the beginning of the book?
2. What did Luis's mother buy him in the memory at the beginning of the book?
3. Why did Yuk-yuk get his nickname?
4. Who is Seni?
5. What do Rano and Luis steal for Shed Cowager?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are "Thee Impersonations"?
2. Why did Rano pick on his brother?
3. What do the people in "Thee Impersonations" desire?
4. How does Luis describe his mother at the beginning of the book?
5. What happens when the gang goes to a "real beach?"
6. What was Luis's family's neighborhood and house like in Los Angeles?
7. What do Luis and Rano do with their money they earn?
8. Why is Luis known as "Chin?"
9. After they leave Seni's, how is Luis' new neighborhood described?
10. What happens when the students at Luis's father's school can't understand his accent?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)