|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has children from previous relationships between the relationship between Luis's mom and dad?
(b) Luis's dad.
(c) Luis's mom.
2. What is Yuk-Yuk's real name?
(a) Jim Smith.
(b) Claudio Ponce.
(c) Black dog.
3. Who puts old sofas in the vacant lot?
(a) Luis's dad.
(c) The gang.
(d) Luis's mom.
4. Where did that memory take place that is described at the beginning of the book?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Union Station.
5. Why does Luis's father get fired from his new job?
(a) The students couldn't understand his accent.
(b) His coworkers hated him.
(c) He was always late.
(d) He came to work drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose fight prompted the police to come to where Luis's family was staying in the beginning of the book?
2. Who does Luis think teachers favor at his high school?
3. Who is Seni?
4. How old was Luis in the memory he recalls at the beginning of the book?
5. Which gang is preparing for war after the shooting at the vacant lot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the gang discover about the white people at the beach?
2. What do Luis's early memories reveal about his feelings toward his father?
3. How does Luis's problem with stealing and killing come to a head at the concession stand?
4. What do Luis and Rano do with their money they earn?
5. Why did Rano pick on his brother?
6. How does graffiti show a rift within the gang?
7. How does Luis describe his high school?
8. Explain how Yuk-Yuk and Luis differ on their feelings about stealing and killing.
9. What do the people in "Thee Impersonations" desire?
10. What happens when Luis's father gets a better job?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)