|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Luis's family move in with after his father loses his great job?
2. After stealing for Shed and Jandro, what do Luis and Rano graduate to?
(a) Bank burglaries.
(b) Residential burglary.
(c) Selling guns.
(d) Selling drugs.
3. Who works at a car wash when Luis's mother tell the boys to get jobs?
(b) Luis and Rano.
(c) Luis's dad.
(d) Luis's mom.
4. Who does Luis think teachers favor at his high school?
(a) Poor kids.
(b) Rich kids.
5. What instrument does Luis want to learn how to play when he is in high school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Seni?
2. Whose fight prompted the police to come to where Luis's family was staying in the beginning of the book?
3. How long did Luis's father's new job last?
4. Why is the gang taken into custody after the fight at the beach?
5. Why does Luis's father get fired from his new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Michael's brother gets in trouble?
2. How does the dream about Lisa save Gloria?
3. How does Luis get involved in Neighborhood Youth Corps?
4. Who is Lisa and what dream does Luis have about her?
5. What ever comes of the girl who says she is pregnant with Luis's child?
6. How does Luis get wrapped up in the attack led by Santos?
7. Why is Roberta a prostitute?
8. How does Luis find out about the city mural project?
9. What happens when Luis's father gets a better job?
10. What is significant to Luis about the $250 he won in the literary contest?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)