|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Seni?
(a) Luis's grandma.
(b) Luis's half-sister.
(c) Luis's stepsister.
(d) Luis's mom.
2. How does Luis describe his family's house in Watts?
(a) A tiny box.
(b) A matchbox of a place.
(c) A perfectly fine place.
(d) A large castle.
3. What city is Watts in?
(a) San Diego.
4. How old was Luis in the memory he recalls at the beginning of the book?
5. Who loses an eye in the gang shooting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the gang plan a trip to a "real beach?"
2. What does Shed give Luis and Rano for stealing?
3. Who disappears without a trace after being injured in a gang shooting?
4. How old is Luis when his mom says he must help support the family?
5. As part of a shopping spree after Luis's dad gets a new job, what does Luis's mom get?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the person who took up the challenge to fight with the whites at the beach?
2. What do Luis's early memories reveal about his feelings toward his father?
3. What do Luis and Rano do with their money they earn?
4. What does the gang discover about the white people at the beach?
5. What happens when the students at Luis's father's school can't understand his accent?
6. After they leave Seni's, how is Luis' new neighborhood described?
7. Why did Luis break his toys at Christmas?
8. How does Luis's problem with stealing and killing come to a head at the concession stand?
9. What happens when Luis's father gets a better job?
10. What kind of relationship does Seni and her husband have?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)