|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jandro Mares described in the book?
(a) As a friend of Luis.
(b) As a 30-year-old budding entrepreneur.
(c) A family friend.
(d) As a friend of Ranos.
2. Who takes up the challenge to fight at the beach?
(c) Black Dog.
3. How old was Luis in the memory he recalls at the beginning of the book?
4. Who is Rano?
(a) Luis's grandfather.
(b) Luis's older brother.
(c) Luis's younger brother.
(d) Luis's dad.
5. What did Luis's father vow after the accusations in the beginning of the book?
(a) To leave the country.
(b) To never work in a school again.
(c) To be a better father.
(d) To be a better husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Luis's family after the police come to their home in the beginning of the book?
2. Whose fight prompted the police to come to where Luis's family was staying in the beginning of the book?
3. Where did Luis's father meet his mother?
4. Before Yuk-Yuk, had Luis stolen before?
5. What was Luis's father doing when he met his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luis describe his high school?
2. What happens when Luis's father gets a better job?
3. How does Luis get involved in Neighborhood Youth Corps?
4. What is significant to Luis about the $250 he won in the literary contest?
5. How does Luis's problem with stealing and killing come to a head at the concession stand?
6. Who is Michael Robles?
7. What do the people in "Thee Impersonations" desire?
8. What does the gang discover about the white people at the beach?
9. Why do the Lomas come to power?
10. What does Chente say about what he discovers in Luis's garage?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)