|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Yuk-Yuk's real name?
(a) Jim Smith.
(b) Claudio Ponce.
(c) Black dog.
2. After stealing for Shed and Jandro, what do Luis and Rano graduate to?
(a) Residential burglary.
(b) Bank burglaries.
(c) Selling guns.
(d) Selling drugs.
3. What was Luis's father doing when he met his mother?
(a) Leaving for New York.
(b) Becoming a teacher.
(c) Participating in a foreign study program.
(d) Forming a gang.
4. Who took care of Seni for so long that she didn't recognize her own father?
(b) Luis's mom.
(c) Her grandma.
(d) Her mother.
5. What do Rano and Luis steal for Shed Cowager?
(c) Bikes, jewerly, and other things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Luis's father angry in this memory at the beginning of the book?
2. Who ends up painting a mural on the concession stand that is the scene of a gang incident?
3. What city is Watts in?
4. As part of a shopping spree after Luis's dad gets a new job, what does Luis's mom get?
5. What happens when Luis's family has to move in with a relative?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luis's problem with stealing and killing come to a head at the concession stand?
2. Why did Rano pick on his brother?
3. How does Luis describe his high school?
4. How does Luis's saxophone cause a rift between him and Joe?
5. What do Luis's early memories reveal about his feelings toward his father?
6. What happens when the students at Luis's father's school can't understand his accent?
7. What happens to the person who took up the challenge to fight with the whites at the beach?
8. What does the gang discover about the white people at the beach?
9. What happens when the gang goes to a "real beach?"
10. What do the people in "Thee Impersonations" desire?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)