|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the concession stand when Luis is there on a gang mission?
(a) A man can't open the safe.
(b) Shed kills a man.
(c) Luis begins to cry.
(d) Rano kills a man.
2. Which gang is preparing for war after the shooting at the vacant lot?
(a) Rano's gang.
(c) The Old Boys.
(d) The Tribe.
3. Who loses an eye in the gang shooting?
4. Whose fight prompted the police to come to where Luis's family was staying in the beginning of the book?
(a) Seni and her husband.
(b) Luis and his father.
(c) Rano and his mother.
(d) Rano and Luis.
5. How was Luis's first Christmas in Watts?
(a) Better than Mexico.
(b) The best ever.
(c) Not good.
(d) The usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Luis's father meet his mother?
2. After stealing for Shed and Jandro, what do Luis and Rano graduate to?
3. Who works at a car wash when Luis's mother tell the boys to get jobs?
4. What does Luis's mother occasionally do for work?
5. What does Jandro have Luis and Rano steal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luis's saxophone cause a rift between him and Joe?
2. What is significant to Luis about the $250 he won in the literary contest?
3. What does Luis realize while sitting in Mr. Madison's assembly calling for peace?
4. What do Luis's early memories reveal about his feelings toward his father?
5. Why isn't Luis charged in the attack on the bikers?
6. What happens when Luis tries to attend Taft High School to get a better education?
7. What happens when Michael's brother gets in trouble?
8. Why do the Lomas come to power?
9. How does Luis's problem with stealing and killing come to a head at the concession stand?
10. What kind of anger does Luis feel about his relationship with Vivian?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)