|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Luis's family move in with after his father loses his great job?
2. Before Yuk-Yuk, had Luis stolen before?
(a) Yes, and the same type of big stuff.
(c) Occasionally he would rob a home.
(d) Yes, but never anything big.
3. After stealing for Shed and Jandro, what do Luis and Rano graduate to?
(a) Selling guns.
(b) Bank burglaries.
(c) Residential burglary.
(d) Selling drugs.
4. What seem to the be the only kinds of jobs Luis's father can find when he first comes to America?
(a) Out of state jobs.
(b) School jobs.
(c) Labor jobs.
(d) Desk jobs.
5. What happens when Luis's family has to move in with a relative?
(a) They begin to hate each other.
(b) They cry all the time.
(c) They are constantly fighting.
(d) They become closer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luis's mother occasionally do for work?
2. Who disappears without a trace after being injured in a gang shooting?
3. What is the gang's connection to the vacant lot?
4. Who says "a thief must be willing to do what needs to be done without thinking?"
5. Where did Luis's allegedly commit this crime?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luis's problem with stealing and killing come to a head at the concession stand?
2. What was Luis's family's neighborhood and house like in Los Angeles?
3. What do the people in "Thee Impersonations" desire?
4. Why did Luis break his toys at Christmas?
5. What happens when the gang goes to a "real beach?"
6. After they leave Seni's, how is Luis' new neighborhood described?
7. What happens when Luis's father gets a better job?
8. What kind of relationship does Seni and her husband have?
9. Why is Luis known as "Chin?"
10. How does Luis describe his mother at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)