|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up painting a mural on the concession stand that is the scene of a gang incident?
2. Who works at a car wash when Luis's mother tell the boys to get jobs?
(a) Luis's dad.
(b) Luis's mom.
(c) Luis and Rano.
3. Who is Luis with when he finds the police at their home?
(a) His father.
(c) His mother.
4. What do Luis and Rano do with the money they earn at 9 years old?
(a) Give it all to their mom.
(b) Spend it on candy.
(c) Give it all to their dad.
(d) Spend it on comics.
5. Besides an eye, what else do the gang members think their comrade has lost in the shooting?
(a) His money.
(b) His excitement.
(c) His patience.
(d) His nerve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the friction between at the beach?
2. What kind of car goes by when a gang member is shot in the face?
3. What does Luis's mother occasionally do for work?
4. What was Luis's father doing when he met his mother?
5. What is the gang's connection to the vacant lot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Clavo's feelings about the gang after he is shot in the eye?
2. Who are "Thee Impersonations"?
3. What do the people in "Thee Impersonations" desire?
4. What kind of relationship does Seni and her husband have?
5. Explain how Yuk-Yuk and Luis differ on their feelings about stealing and killing.
6. Who is Yuk Yuk and what influence does he has on Luis's life?
7. Why did Rano pick on his brother?
8. How does Luis describe his mother at the beginning of the book?
9. How does Luis's problem with stealing and killing come to a head at the concession stand?
10. What happens to the person who took up the challenge to fight with the whites at the beach?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)