|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Luis's allegedly commit this crime?
(a) A bank.
(b) A church.
(c) A school.
(d) A store.
2. What was injured in the fight that prompted police to respond?
(a) The mother.
(b) Seni's husband.
3. What seem to the be the only kinds of jobs Luis's father can find when he first comes to America?
(a) Desk jobs.
(b) Labor jobs.
(c) School jobs.
(d) Out of state jobs.
4. What did Luis's father vow after the accusations in the beginning of the book?
(a) To never work in a school again.
(b) To be a better husband.
(c) To be a better father.
(d) To leave the country.
5. Before Yuk-Yuk, had Luis stolen before?
(a) Yes, but never anything big.
(b) Occasionally he would rob a home.
(d) Yes, and the same type of big stuff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jandro have Luis and Rano steal?
2. Luis thinks he would be able to kill, but not as part of what?
3. What happens to Luis's family after the police come to their home in the beginning of the book?
4. What happens the first time Luis begins school in America?
5. Who thinks that Luis's thoughts on killing are a problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people in "Thee Impersonations" desire?
2. How did Luis's family end up settling in Los Angeles?
3. What do Luis's early memories reveal about his feelings toward his father?
4. How does graffiti show a rift within the gang?
5. What happens to Clavo's feelings about the gang after he is shot in the eye?
6. How does Luis describe his mother at the beginning of the book?
7. How does Luis describe his high school?
8. What happens to the person who took up the challenge to fight with the whites at the beach?
9. What do Luis and Rano do with their money they earn?
10. Who is Yuk Yuk and what influence does he has on Luis's life?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)