|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did that memory take place that is described at the beginning of the book?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Union Station.
2. What was injured in the fight that prompted police to respond?
(b) The mother.
(d) Seni's husband.
3. How does Luis describe his family's house in Watts?
(a) A perfectly fine place.
(b) A matchbox of a place.
(c) A large castle.
(d) A tiny box.
4. What did Luis do with his toys that first Christmas?
(a) Traded them.
(b) Gave them away.
(c) Broke them.
(d) Hid them.
5. What does Jandro have Luis and Rano steal?
(c) Specific cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Luis want to learn how to play when he is in high school?
2. What did Luis's mother buy him in the memory at the beginning of the book?
3. Who usually doesn't go to the "real beach?"
4. How was Luis's first Christmas in Watts?
5. Everyone is released after the beach fight except for who?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luis's saxophone cause a rift between him and Joe?
2. Explain how Yuk-Yuk and Luis differ on their feelings about stealing and killing.
3. How does Luis's problem with stealing and killing come to a head at the concession stand?
4. After they leave Seni's, how is Luis' new neighborhood described?
5. What happens to the person who took up the challenge to fight with the whites at the beach?
6. What do the people in "Thee Impersonations" desire?
7. What was Luis's family's neighborhood and house like in Los Angeles?
8. Who are "Thee Impersonations"?
9. Why did Rano pick on his brother?
10. Who is Yuk Yuk and what influence does he has on Luis's life?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)