|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Luis do with his toys that first Christmas?
(a) Gave them away.
(b) Hid them.
(c) Broke them.
(d) Traded them.
2. Who is the friction between at the beach?
(a) Luis and Clavo.
(b) Seni and her husband.
(c) Luis and Rano.
(d) Surfers and beaners.
3. Who works at a car wash when Luis's mother tell the boys to get jobs?
(a) Luis's mom.
(c) Luis's dad.
(d) Luis and Rano.
4. What instrument does Luis want to learn how to play when he is in high school?
5. How old was Luis's dad when he married Luis's mom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Luis's father vow after the accusations in the beginning of the book?
2. Why was Luis's father jailed after his parents were married?
3. What does Jandro have Luis and Rano steal?
4. Why was Luis's father angry in this memory at the beginning of the book?
5. What happens the first time Luis begins school in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luis describe his high school?
2. How does Luis describe his mother at the beginning of the book?
3. Explain how Yuk-Yuk and Luis differ on their feelings about stealing and killing.
4. What happens when the students at Luis's father's school can't understand his accent?
5. What kind of relationship does Seni and her husband have?
6. What happens to Clavo's feelings about the gang after he is shot in the eye?
7. What happens when Luis's father gets a better job?
8. Who is Yuk Yuk and what influence does he has on Luis's life?
9. After they leave Seni's, how is Luis' new neighborhood described?
10. What do Luis's early memories reveal about his feelings toward his father?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)