|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Luis think teachers favor at his high school?
(b) Rich kids.
(c) Poor kids.
2. Who does Luis's family move in with after his father loses his great job?
3. How was Luis's first Christmas in Watts?
(a) The best ever.
(b) Not good.
(c) The usual.
(d) Better than Mexico.
4. What did Luis's mother buy him in the memory at the beginning of the book?
(a) A comic book.
(b) A candy bar.
(c) A toothbrush.
(d) A lollipop.
5. Why does Luis's father get fired from his new job?
(a) The students couldn't understand his accent.
(b) His coworkers hated him.
(c) He came to work drunk.
(d) He was always late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luis thinks he would be able to kill, but not as part of what?
2. Who took care of Seni for so long that she didn't recognize her own father?
3. Why does the gang plan a trip to a "real beach?"
4. What city is Watts in?
5. Why was Luis's father angry in this memory at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Yuk-Yuk and Luis differ on their feelings about stealing and killing.
2. What was Luis's family's neighborhood and house like in Los Angeles?
3. How did Luis's family end up settling in Los Angeles?
4. What happens when the students at Luis's father's school can't understand his accent?
5. After they leave Seni's, how is Luis' new neighborhood described?
6. Who are "Thee Impersonations"?
7. What kind of relationship does Seni and her husband have?
8. What do Luis and Rano do with their money they earn?
9. What does the gang discover about the white people at the beach?
10. How does Luis describe his high school?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)