|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the friction between at the beach?
(a) Seni and her husband.
(b) Luis and Rano.
(c) Luis and Clavo.
(d) Surfers and beaners.
2. Before Yuk-Yuk, had Luis stolen before?
(a) Yes, but never anything big.
(b) Occasionally he would rob a home.
(c) Yes, and the same type of big stuff.
3. In what country did Luis's family originally live?
(a) Puerto Rico.
4. What city is Watts in?
(c) San Diego.
5. Who loses an eye in the gang shooting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Luis want to learn how to play when he is in high school?
2. What was Luis's father doing when he met his mother?
3. What did Luis do with his toys that first Christmas?
4. Who does Luis think teachers favor at his high school?
5. How old was Luis in the memory he recalls at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Luis's experience with drugs that is described midway through the book.
2. After they leave Seni's, how is Luis' new neighborhood described?
3. What happens when the students at Luis's father's school can't understand his accent?
4. Why does Licha refuse to see Luis after they spend a weekend together?
5. Why do the Lomas come to power?
6. What does Luis realize when he goes home with Licha?
7. What does the gang discover about the white people at the beach?
8. Why does Sal feel for the Sangras?
9. Who is Joe and what does Joe discover about Luis?
10. Why do fellow gang members shoot at Luis?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)