|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Luis thinks he would be able to kill, but not as part of what?
(a) A burglary.
(b) A theft.
(c) A shooting.
(d) A gang.
2. How long did Luis's father's new job last?
(a) 5 years.
(b) Less than a year.
(c) 4 years.
(d) Two years.
3. Who is Rano?
(a) Luis's younger brother.
(b) Luis's older brother.
(c) Luis's grandfather.
(d) Luis's dad.
4. Who does Luis's family move in with after his father loses his great job?
5. What do Luis and Rano do with the money they earn at 9 years old?
(a) Spend it on comics.
(b) Give it all to their mom.
(c) Spend it on candy.
(d) Give it all to their dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Luis's father doing when he met his mother?
2. What instrument does Luis want to learn how to play when he is in high school?
3. What happens at the concession stand when Luis is there on a gang mission?
4. Why does Luis's father get fired from his new job?
5. Who says "a thief must be willing to do what needs to be done without thinking?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Luis break his toys at Christmas?
2. How does graffiti show a rift within the gang?
3. What do Luis and Rano do with their money they earn?
4. What do the people in "Thee Impersonations" desire?
5. How does Luis describe his high school?
6. Who is Yuk Yuk and what influence does he has on Luis's life?
7. What happens when the students at Luis's father's school can't understand his accent?
8. After they leave Seni's, how is Luis' new neighborhood described?
9. What kind of relationship does Seni and her husband have?
10. What was Luis's family's neighborhood and house like in Los Angeles?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)