|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does media coverage of gangs increase partway through the book?
(a) Because the violence has escalated.
(b) Because there is someone secretly talking to reporters.
(c) Neighbors are angry.
(d) Because someone is talking to police.
2. What does Luis find out about Roberta shortly after he begins to like her?
(a) She has left town.
(b) She is a mother.
(c) She is a prostitute.
(d) She has a boyfriend.
3. Who discovers that Luis has been writing a book?
(b) His mother.
4. What is one rule for the dance that is arranged?
(a) No weapons.
(b) No knives.
(c) No alcohol.
(d) No Lomas.
5. Who do the Sangras shoot that prompts revenge from the Lomas?
(c) Black Dog.
(d) Little Man.
6. How long does Luis wait for Vivian at the dance before he leaves?
(a) Three hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two hours.
7. Who is Viviana?
(a) A rival gang member.
(b) Luis's sister.
(c) Luis's daughter.
(d) A woman Luis falls for.
8. What is the consequence for Luis for getting involved in riots?
(a) Loses family.
(b) Loses jobs.
(d) Loses money.
9. Who is Sal Basuto?
(a) A social services worker.
(b) A cop.
(c) A Sangra community center worker.
(d) A Lomas community center worker.
10. Where is the leader of The Animal Tribe killed?
(a) His living room.
(b) His garage.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) His kitchen.
11. After news about Cokie's, what happens to plans for the meeting?
(a) Barely anyone shows up.
(b) It is called off.
(c) It goes as planned.
(d) Things quiet down.
12. What kind of drugs from the garage does Luis turn to?
13. Who attends Taft High School midway through the book?
14. What does the neighborhood plan to do about gang violence?
(a) Become better parents.
(b) Get more cops.
(c) Get better teachers.
(d) They're not sure -- they plan another meeting.
15. Why does The Animal Tribe start to decline?
(a) Because it is unpopular.
(b) Because Rano is in it.
(c) Because of the death of its leader.
(d) Because Luis is in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Luis find Vivian after he had been waiting for her at the dance?
2. Who takes a beating to join the Lomas?
3. Who began To Help Mexican American Students?
4. Who does Luis jump with the Lomas?
5. Who is Mr. Madison?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)