|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Luis find Vivian after he had been waiting for her at the dance?
(a) At home.
(b) At work.
(c) With his brother.
(d) In the arms of another man.
2. Who tries out for one of the mascot dancing roles?
3. Why does Luis say the gang wars pause midway through the book?
(a) The gangs had broken up.
(b) Because of the Vietnam protests.
(c) Because of women's rights protests.
(d) Civil Rights.
4. How long does Luis wait for Vivian at the dance before he leaves?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Four hours.
5. Who discovers that Luis has been writing a book?
(a) His mother.
6. What kind of sign does Luis take the mascot changes as?
(a) He's getting more popular.
(b) Things are getting worse.
(c) They are not important.
(d) Barriers are coming down.
7. Who did a group of bikers accost midway through the book?
(a) The Sangros.
(b) The Lomas.
8. What happens to Cokie?
(a) She goes missing.
(b) She marries Luis.
(c) She is brutally murdered.
(d) She becomes pregnant.
9. Who is Sal Basuto?
(a) A Sangra community center worker.
(b) A social services worker.
(c) A Lomas community center worker.
(d) A cop.
10. Who tells Luis new information about Roberta?
(a) Her mother.
(b) His gang members.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her friends.
11. What kind of athletics do the Mexicans join after Mr. Madison comes to the high school?
12. What is the age of the person who is accompanying Luis when he is caught by the police?
(a) A 13 year-old.
(b) An 18 year-old.
(c) A 5 year-old.
(d) A 21 year-old.
13. What is the consequence for Luis for getting involved in riots?
(a) Loses family.
(b) Loses jobs.
(c) Loses money.
14. How do some of the people in the neighborhood think gang violence should be stopped?
(b) Neighborhood enrichment.
15. Who performs as mascots at the dance?
(b) Just Esme.
(c) Just Luis.
(d) Luis and Esme.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the person the bikers name as the shooter in the attempted murder?
2. Where is the Sangras main warrior when the Lomas exact revenge?
3. Are girls allowed in gangs?
4. Where does Luis father work as a janitor when Luis is in high school?
5. Where is the leader of The Animal Tribe killed?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)