|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do some of the people in the neighborhood think gang violence should be stopped?
(a) Neighborhood enrichment.
2. What instrument does Luis want to learn how to play when he is in high school?
3. Before Yuk-Yuk, had Luis stolen before?
(b) Yes, and the same type of big stuff.
(c) Yes, but never anything big.
(d) Occasionally he would rob a home.
4. What kind of car goes by when a gang member is shot in the face?
(a) A car without plates.
(b) A new car.
(c) An old car.
(d) A convertible.
5. Why does media coverage of gangs increase partway through the book?
(a) Because there is someone secretly talking to reporters.
(b) Because someone is talking to police.
(c) Neighbors are angry.
(d) Because the violence has escalated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who performs as mascots at the dance?
2. Who does Luis jump with the Lomas?
3. How old is Luis when he is allowed a taste of heroine?
4. Why do the Lomas come to power?
5. Where did Luis's father meet his mother?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)