|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose calls does Vivian eventually refuse?
(d) Her brothers.
2. Where did Luis's allegedly commit this crime?
(a) A bank.
(b) A school.
(c) A store.
(d) A church.
3. What is the age of the person who is accompanying Luis when he is caught by the police?
(a) A 21 year-old.
(b) A 5 year-old.
(c) A 13 year-old.
(d) An 18 year-old.
4. What does the neighborhood plan to do about gang violence?
(a) Become better parents.
(b) Get better teachers.
(c) They're not sure -- they plan another meeting.
(d) Get more cops.
5. What did Luis's father vow after the accusations in the beginning of the book?
(a) To be a better father.
(b) To leave the country.
(c) To never work in a school again.
(d) To be a better husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Roberta?
2. What does Luis's mother occasionally do for work?
3. How old is Luis when he is allowed a taste of heroine?
4. Who discovers that Luis has been writing a book?
5. What type of job does Luis's father get in the flashback in the beginning of the book that prompts him to buy a better home and other things?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)