|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Lomas come to power?
(a) Because of the death of the leader of The Animal Tribe.
(b) Because Luis is in charge.
(c) Because the other gang leaves town.
(d) Because Rano is in charge.
2. Who is the leader of The Animal Tribe?
(a) John Fabela.
3. How does Luis describe his family's house in Watts?
(a) A perfectly fine place.
(b) A matchbox of a place.
(c) A tiny box.
(d) A large castle.
4. Who disappears without a trace after being injured in a gang shooting?
5. Why does media coverage of gangs increase partway through the book?
(a) Because the violence has escalated.
(b) Because there is someone secretly talking to reporters.
(c) Because someone is talking to police.
(d) Neighbors are angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watched the leader of The Animal Tribe get killed?
2. How old is Luis when his mom says he must help support the family?
3. What was injured in the fight that prompted police to respond?
4. How old is Luis when is he turned away by the gang members using hard drugs?
5. What kind of car goes by when a gang member is shot in the face?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)