Chapters 1 and 2
1. How old was Luis in the memory he recalls at the beginning of the book?
2. Where did that memory take place that is described at the beginning of the book?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) Union Station.
3. What did Luis's mother buy him in the memory at the beginning of the book?
(a) A lollipop.
(b) A comic book.
(c) A toothbrush.
(d) A candy bar.
4. Why was Luis's father angry in this memory at the beginning of the book?
(a) He refuses to go back to Mexico.
(b) He doesn't think Luis should be reading comic books.
(c) He doesn't want Luis to have candy.
(d) He does not want to visit Union Station.
5. Where did Luis's father meet his mother?
(b) New York.
6. What was Luis's father doing when he met his mother?
(a) Leaving for New York.
(b) Becoming a teacher.
(c) Forming a gang.
(d) Participating in a foreign study program.
This section contains 3,757 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)