Chapters 1 and 2
* Luis flashes back to the history of the family and earlier memories.
* Luis's parents left Mexico after his father was accused of stealing from a school where he was a principal. He vowed to leave the country and that's how they ended up in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Watts.
* When Luis begins school, the teacher objects to having him the classroom.
* Luis's family moves to a new house after his father gets a new job, but it doesn't last long.
* The family moves in with his half-sister Seni.
* When Luis's father gets a job as a laboratory technician at a community college in Los Angeles, the family moves into a larger home and Luis begins attending a new school, but he's away from other members of his clique here, and notes that he's on his own.
Chapters 3 and 4
* Clavo loses his eye in a gang...
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)