|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jezzie's summer house located?
2. What does Soneji do in his cell in order to get the supervisor called in?
3. What is Soneji's sentence for his role in everything?
4. What happens to Devine's partner?
5. What was Jezzie's sentence for kidnapping and murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does justice appear as a theme in the story? Is justice served in the end? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the relationship between Cross and his partner to the relationship that Jezzie has with her agents. In what ways are these relationships similar? In what ways do the relationships reflect the main characters? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does Cross show strength and determination when dealing with Soneji before, during, and after his trial? What other characteristics does Cross strongly portray throughout the trial? Did you learn anything about his character during the trial? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)