|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Murphy is reciting memories under hypnotism, what does he do to Cross?
2. Who does Soneji believe took Maggie Rose?
3. While Jezzie and Cross are sleeping, what is burnt in Jezzie's front yard?
4. From where was the reporter from who got a picture of Jezzie and Cross at a hotel?
5. Where is Jezzie's summer house located?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the reactions and feelings of Cross while he is participating in the ransom events to the reactions and feelings of Maggie Rose while she is kidnapped. Support your answers with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How does justice appear as a theme in the story? Is justice served in the end? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the definition of a hero? Who is the hero in the book? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)