|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Murphy's trial begin?
2. Where are Cross and Jezzie when she confesses her part in the kidnapping?
3. How long was Maggie warned she will be in darkness if she runs away?
4. How long do Jezzie and Cross stay at the Virgin Islands the first time?
5. Who does Soneji take hostage after leaving Cross' house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of trust evident throughout the story? Which character is the most trustworthy and why? Which character is the least trustworthy and why? Does your opinion of any character's trustworthiness change throughout the novel? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Cross show strength and determination when dealing with Soneji before, during, and after his trial? What other characteristics does Cross strongly portray throughout the trial? Did you learn anything about his character during the trial? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the kidnapping of Maggie Rose to the Lindbergh kidnapping. How are they similar and different? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)