|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cross run into after he has testified and has left the courtroom?
2. Where does Devine tell Cross the information he wants is located?
3. Where was Devine found murdered?
4. What does Jezzie walk out to, after discovering someone in the house?
5. Where do Jezzie and Cross try to go, and Cross gets into a fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Soneji go to the White House?
2. When the investigation into Maggie Rose is closed, and Cross goes back over the interviews, what does Cross discover about Soneji's possible accomplice?
3. What reinforces the suggestion that Soneji has had a partner in his deeds?
4. What is Devine pressuring Jezzie to do?
5. What is the verdict in the Murphy/Soneji case?
6. Why does Cross' grandmother warn him away from Jezzie?
7. What does Jezzie reveal when Cross takes her to a deserted island for the second time?
8. After Cross uses the press to get his way, what happens?
9. What does Cross refuse to do on the witness stand?
10. Why is Jezzie sentenced to death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the mayor and the press. How are their actions towards Cross similar and different? Does one treat Cross more or less fairly than the other? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, explain the role that race plays in the story. Is this a major or minor theme throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, answer the following question: Is it important to the story to know if Soneji/Murphy truly has multiple personality disorder?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)