|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cross re-interview to find out more about the kidnapping of Maggie Rose once he becomes obsessed with finding her?
2. In what month does Murphy's trial begin?
3. Who does Soneji take hostage after leaving Cross' house?
4. Who does Soneji believe took Maggie Rose?
5. Where does Devine tell Cross the information he wants is located?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the investigation is closed and Cross receives a call from Soneji, what does Soneji want?
2. What does Cross refuse to do on the witness stand?
3. When the investigation into Maggie Rose is closed, and Cross goes back over the interviews, what does Cross discover about Soneji's possible accomplice?
4. Why is Jezzie sentenced to death?
5. What is Devine pressuring Jezzie to do?
6. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
7. After the investigation is closed, and Cross goes to talk to the Secret Service agents, why does he feel that they are hiding something?
8. What does the prosecution do when they present the case against Soneji?
9. How does Soneji escape from prison?
10. How does Cross use the press?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the reactions and feelings of Cross while he is participating in the ransom events to the reactions and feelings of Maggie Rose while she is kidnapped. Support your answers with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, answer the following question: Is it important to the story to know if Soneji/Murphy truly has multiple personality disorder?
Essay Topic 3
What clues were given that Soneji was not the criminal mastermind behind the kidnapping of Maggie Rose? How did these clues function as foreshadowing? Cite specific examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)