|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jezzie's summer house located?
2. When Cross tries to get in touch with Jezzie after the picture, where does he learn she went?
3. Where does Jezzie say Maggie is?
4. When Cross returns home from the Virgin Islands, where does his partner ask him to go?
5. Why are Jezzie and Cross a controversial couple?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Soneji go to the White House?
2. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
3. What reinforces the suggestion that Soneji has had a partner in his deeds?
4. What is Soneji doing in Washington, D.C.?
5. Why does Cross' grandmother warn him away from Jezzie?
6. When the investigation into Maggie Rose is closed, and Cross goes back over the interviews, what does Cross discover about Soneji's possible accomplice?
7. What is the verdict in the Murphy/Soneji case?
8. What does the prosecution do when they present the case against Soneji?
9. What does Cross refuse to do on the witness stand?
10. After the investigation is closed and Cross receives a call from Soneji, what does Soneji want?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, answer the following question: Is it important to the story to know if Soneji/Murphy truly has multiple personality disorder?
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, explain the role that race plays in the story. Is this a major or minor theme throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What is the definition of a hero? Who is the hero in the book? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)