|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Cross and Jezzie when she confesses her part in the kidnapping?
2. Where was Devine found murdered?
3. Where does Jezzie say Maggie is?
4. While Jezzie and Cross are sleeping, what is burnt in Jezzie's front yard?
5. Who is present to watch Soneji's final showdown with Cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the prosecution do when they present the case against Soneji?
2. What reinforces the suggestion that Soneji has had a partner in his deeds?
3. What does Cross' presence at Jezzie's death symbolize?
4. After Cross uses the press to get his way, what happens?
5. After the investigation is closed, and Cross goes to talk to the Secret Service agents, why does he feel that they are hiding something?
6. What does Jezzie reveal when Cross takes her to a deserted island for the second time?
7. When the investigation into Maggie Rose is closed, and Cross goes back over the interviews, what does Cross discover about Soneji's possible accomplice?
8. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
9. What is Devine pressuring Jezzie to do?
10. How does Cross use the press?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Cross and his partner to the relationship that Jezzie has with her agents. In what ways are these relationships similar? In what ways do the relationships reflect the main characters? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, answer the following question: Is it important to the story to know if Soneji/Murphy truly has multiple personality disorder?
Essay Topic 3
How does justice appear as a theme in the story? Is justice served in the end? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)