|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes that Jezzie and Devine have been lovers for years?
2. From what type of paper was the reporter who got a picture of Jezzie and Cross at a hotel?
3. What is the name of the prison that Soneji is being held in after his trial?
4. Where does Soneji direct a supervisor from the prison to go in order to find some money from the ransom?
5. Who does Soneji believe took Maggie Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the verdict in the Murphy/Soneji case?
2. Why does Soneji go after Devine to get the ransom money?
3. After the investigation is closed and Cross receives a call from Soneji, what does Soneji want?
4. What is Soneji doing in Washington, D.C.?
5. Why is it important, during the hypnosis in the courtroom, that Murphy remembers Soneji becoming angry and damaging Michael's body?
6. What reinforces the suggestion that Soneji has had a partner in his deeds?
7. What is Devine pressuring Jezzie to do?
8. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
9. How does Soneji escape from prison?
10. Why does Soneji go to the White House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the character of Jezzie before her last trip to the Islands with Cross and after the trip. In what ways is the character the same and different? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the definition of a hero? Who is the hero in the book? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the kidnapping of Maggie Rose to the Lindbergh kidnapping. How are they similar and different? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)