|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the boy who kidnaps the Lindbergh baby?
2. What restaurant does Soneji take hostage?
3. What position does Jezzie Flanagan hold?
4. On what day does Cross go to check out Michael's bedroom?
5. What subject does Mr. Soneji teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cross think that the murderer in the Langley Terrace case is the same as Ms. Kim's murderer?
2. Why is it important, during the hypnosis in the courtroom, that Murphy remembers Soneji becoming angry and damaging Michael's body?
3. What do Cross and Sampson find when they first arrive at the private school?
4. What does Jezzie reveal when Cross takes her to a deserted island for the second time?
5. If Gary is able to plead insanity at trial, what happens to him?
6. What happens, on Christmas morning, in the story?
7. Why should the reader think that the chances of survival for Maggie Rose are small?
8. How are Michael and Maggie Rose not like normal children?
9. Why does Soneji go to the White House?
10. What is one reason that Gary is trying to show, while he is in prison, that he has multiple personalities?
Essay Topic 1
What is Nana Mama's function in the story? Is she Cross' conscience or something else? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What character's journey in the story most closely resembles the story of Maggie Rose and why? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship between Cross and his partner to the relationship that Jezzie has with her agents. In what ways are these relationships similar? In what ways do the relationships reflect the main characters? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)