|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Maggie and Michael away from their history class?
2. Where do Cross and the mayor drive to talk about the kidnapping investigation?
3. What was Cross' wife's name?
4. Where does Soneji go after he passes through the toll booths unnoticed?
5. What does the note on Graham's body tell the investigators not to steal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one reason that Gary is trying to show, while he is in prison, that he has multiple personalities?
2. What does Jezzie's position as a supervisor in the Secret Service suggest about her?
3. What is Gary going to use Ms. Kim to do?
4. Why is FBI Special Agent Roger Graham important to the story?
5. What happens when Cross is approached by the man as he exits the tram at Disney World?
6. If Gary is able to plead insanity at trial, what happens to him?
7. What is the difference between what the trial of the Lindbergh kidnapping centered on and what the story at the beginning of the book centers on?
8. What do Cross and Sampson find when they first arrive at the private school?
9. What was Gary's childhood like, according to Missy?
10. What proves to the police that the location in Maryland is where Maggie and Michael were held?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Cross and his partner to the relationship that Jezzie has with her agents. In what ways are these relationships similar? In what ways do the relationships reflect the main characters? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, explain the role that race plays in the story. Is this a major or minor theme throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What clues were given that Soneji was not the criminal mastermind behind the kidnapping of Maggie Rose? How did these clues function as foreshadowing? Cite specific examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)