|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is camping out on Cross' lawn?
2. How was Cross' wife killed?
3. How old is Maggie Rose at the beginning of the story?
4. Who does Gary's wife say was abusive in his family?
5. Where does Soneji go after he passes through the toll booths unnoticed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between what the trial of the Lindbergh kidnapping centered on and what the story at the beginning of the book centers on?
2. How does Gary convince many officials that he might truly have multiple personalities?
3. How does the author show the importance of Jezzie Flanagan?
4. What has happened to the claims, over the years, that Hauptmann wasn't the real kidnapper in the Lindbergh kidnapping?
5. What proves to the police that the location in Maryland is where Maggie and Michael were held?
6. When Marty tells Gary and Missy that Gary owes Marty's company thousands of dollars, what is Gary thinking about?
7. Why is FBI Special Agent Roger Graham important to the story?
8. Why is the first mention of the press important to the story?
9. Why is Cross drawn to the boy at the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
10. Why is the appearance of Maggie's shoe at Ms. Kim's murder scene important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Cross' effectiveness as a cop to his effectiveness as a psychologist. Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the character of Jezzie before her last trip to the Islands with Cross and after the trip. In what ways is the character the same and different? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, explain the role that race plays in the story. Is this a major or minor theme throughout the book?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)