|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy use to get into the house to kidnap the Lindbergh baby?
2. What happens to Maggie and Michael when they are put into the van?
3. Where did Gary's abusive parent lock him up when he was younger?
4. Who comes up to Graham's car to speak with him?
5. Who is Gary Murphy's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Cross and Sampson to be taken off the investigation of Maggie Rose's kidnapping?
2. Why is it important that Cross knows about Soneji's background?
3. How are Michael and Maggie Rose not like normal children?
4. What does Cross' research in the kidnapper's apartment suggest?
5. If Gary is able to plead insanity at trial, what happens to him?
6. Why is Cross unhappy with his boss in the early part of the story?
7. What proves to the police that the location in Maryland is where Maggie and Michael were held?
8. How does Gary convince many officials that he might truly have multiple personalities?
9. Why does Cross think that the murderer in the Langley Terrace case is the same as Ms. Kim's murderer?
10. What is one reason that Gary is trying to show, while he is in prison, that he has multiple personalities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Cross and his partner to the relationship that Jezzie has with her agents. In what ways are these relationships similar? In what ways do the relationships reflect the main characters? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the kidnapping of Maggie Rose to the Lindbergh kidnapping. How are they similar and different? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What role does family play in the story? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)