|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the team is in Florida, Cross receives another note saying he must take the ransom to what location?
2. Where is the box that Gary plans to hold the children?
3. When Jezzie cannot sleep because of thoughts of Michael's death, what does she do?
4. Who is Maggie's best friend?
5. What position does Jezzie Flanagan hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show the importance of Jezzie Flanagan?
2. Why does Cross lose his temper at the soup kitchen?
3. If Gary is able to plead insanity at trial, what happens to him?
4. How does Gary convince many officials that he might truly have multiple personalities?
5. What happens when Cross is approached by the man as he exits the tram at Disney World?
6. What does the introduction of the Lindbergh kidnapping at the beginning of the book suggest?
7. What is the difference between what the trial of the Lindbergh kidnapping centered on and what the story at the beginning of the book centers on?
8. Why does Cross think that the murderer in the Langley Terrace case is the same as Ms. Kim's murderer?
9. When Maggie is underground and a bright light appears, what does she do?
10. What does Cross find when he arrives, the first time, to interview Soneji at Lorton Federal Prison in Virginia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the definition of a hero? Who is the hero in the book? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the reactions and feelings of Cross while he is participating in the ransom events to the reactions and feelings of Maggie Rose while she is kidnapped. Support your answers with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Cross' effectiveness as a cop to his effectiveness as a psychologist. Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)