|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is the federal prison that Soneji/Gary is taken to in?
2. When does Gary see the cops around his home?
3. Where does Jezzie drive to after visiting Cross and his children?
4. Where did Gary's abusive parent lock him up when he was younger?
5. Where has Cross volunteered for years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Cross is approached by the man as he exits the tram at Disney World?
2. What can Missy Murphy not understand about her husband Gary?
3. What do Cross and Sampson find when they first arrive at the private school?
4. Why should the reader think that the chances of survival for Maggie Rose are small?
5. Why does Cross think that the murderer in the Langley Terrace case is the same as Ms. Kim's murderer?
6. What does Cross see when he gets to the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
7. What does Jezzie's position as a supervisor in the Secret Service suggest about her?
8. What is the difference between what the trial of the Lindbergh kidnapping centered on and what the story at the beginning of the book centers on?
9. What is the Lindbergh kidnapping?
10. How does Gary convince many officials that he might truly have multiple personalities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the mayor and the press. How are their actions towards Cross similar and different? Does one treat Cross more or less fairly than the other? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the kidnapping of Maggie Rose to the Lindbergh kidnapping. How are they similar and different? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Cross show strength and determination when dealing with Soneji before, during, and after his trial? What other characteristics does Cross strongly portray throughout the trial? Did you learn anything about his character during the trial? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)