|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Maggie and Michael's history class?
2. Once the team is in Florida, Cross receives another note saying he must take the ransom to what location?
3. What name have Maggie's kidnappers told her to use?
4. Where is the location that Soneji takes the children to in the van?
5. What is the name of the federal prison that Soneji/Gary goes to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gary convince many officials that he might truly have multiple personalities?
2. What caused Cross and Sampson to be taken off the investigation of Maggie Rose's kidnapping?
3. What happens, on Christmas morning, in the story?
4. When Marty tells Gary and Missy that Gary owes Marty's company thousands of dollars, what is Gary thinking about?
5. What is Gary going to use Ms. Kim to do?
6. How are Michael and Maggie Rose not like normal children?
7. What has happened to the claims, over the years, that Hauptmann wasn't the real kidnapper in the Lindbergh kidnapping?
8. Why is the first mention of the press important to the story?
9. What does Cross find when he arrives, the first time, to interview Soneji at Lorton Federal Prison in Virginia?
10. During the part of the story where the ransom drop is taking place, what is one reason the reader might think that Soneji is not the mastermind of the kidnapping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What character's journey in the story most closely resembles the story of Maggie Rose and why? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is Nana Mama's function in the story? Is she Cross' conscience or something else? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Cross show strength and determination when dealing with Soneji before, during, and after his trial? What other characteristics does Cross strongly portray throughout the trial? Did you learn anything about his character during the trial? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)