|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Jezzie is driving to the farm after visiting Cross, what is Maggie doing?
2. Where did the Dunnes live before moving to Washington, D.C.?
3. What do Cross and his partner search, hoping to find someone who sold Soneji his disguise?
4. While Cross is examining Michael's bedroom, he gets a call that says a body has been found where?
5. When Cross is loaded onto the private jet, what happens to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Maggie is underground and a bright light appears, what does she do?
2. What is Gary going to use Ms. Kim to do?
3. When Marty tells Gary and Missy that Gary owes Marty's company thousands of dollars, what is Gary thinking about?
4. What caused Cross and Sampson to be taken off the investigation of Maggie Rose's kidnapping?
5. If Gary is able to plead insanity at trial, what happens to him?
6. During the part of the story where the ransom drop is taking place, what is one reason the reader might think that Soneji is not the mastermind of the kidnapping?
7. What has happened to the claims, over the years, that Hauptmann wasn't the real kidnapper in the Lindbergh kidnapping?
8. What causes Soneji to take a McDonald's hostage?
9. What does the dinner date and mild flirtation between Cross and Jezzie suggest?
10. Why is the appearance of Maggie's shoe at Ms. Kim's murder scene important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What clues were given that Soneji was not the criminal mastermind behind the kidnapping of Maggie Rose? How did these clues function as foreshadowing? Cite specific examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of trust evident throughout the story? Which character is the most trustworthy and why? Which character is the least trustworthy and why? Does your opinion of any character's trustworthiness change throughout the novel? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Cross show strength and determination when dealing with Soneji before, during, and after his trial? What other characteristics does Cross strongly portray throughout the trial? Did you learn anything about his character during the trial? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)