|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Jezzie is driving to the farm after visiting Cross, what is Maggie doing?
2. How long do Cross and the private plane wait on the small island?
3. Who does the press see as the scapegoat for failing to rescue Maggie?
4. Where does Jezzie drive to after visiting Cross and his children?
5. What is the name of the federal prison that Soneji/Gary goes to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gary convince many officials that he might truly have multiple personalities?
2. What happens when Cross is approached by the man as he exits the tram at Disney World?
3. What does Cross see when he gets to the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
4. What is the Lindbergh kidnapping?
5. When Maggie is underground and a bright light appears, what does she do?
6. When Marty tells Gary and Missy that Gary owes Marty's company thousands of dollars, what is Gary thinking about?
7. Why is Cross drawn to the boy at the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
8. How are Michael and Maggie Rose not like normal children?
9. During the part of the story where the ransom drop is taking place, what is one reason the reader might think that Soneji is not the mastermind of the kidnapping?
10. Why should the reader think that the chances of survival for Maggie Rose are small?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What character's journey in the story most closely resembles the story of Maggie Rose and why? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the kidnapping of Maggie Rose to the Lindbergh kidnapping. How are they similar and different? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is Nana Mama's function in the story? Is she Cross' conscience or something else? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)