|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gary Murphy's wife?
2. During further discussions, what does Cross try and get Gary to talk about?
3. How old is the Lindbergh baby when he is kidnapped?
4. What do the psychiatrists, who interviewed Gary at the federal prison, think is wrong with him?
5. When Gary returns to his home in Delaware, how old is his daughter turning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Soneji think is funny when he drives through the toll booth?
2. What does the dinner date and mild flirtation between Cross and Jezzie suggest?
3. What does Cross see when he gets to the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
4. What does Cross find when he arrives, the first time, to interview Soneji at Lorton Federal Prison in Virginia?
5. Why is the appearance of Maggie's shoe at Ms. Kim's murder scene important?
6. Why is Cross drawn to the boy at the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
7. How does the author show the importance of Jezzie Flanagan?
8. What can Missy Murphy not understand about her husband Gary?
9. What causes Jezzie to cry for the first time, while she is at the Maryland farm?
10. What is the difference between what the trial of the Lindbergh kidnapping centered on and what the story at the beginning of the book centers on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the definition of a hero? Who is the hero in the book? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the character of Jezzie before her last trip to the Islands with Cross and after the trip. In what ways is the character the same and different? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is Nana Mama's function in the story? Is she Cross' conscience or something else? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)