|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the autopsy report say that Michael was beaten?
2. What does the autopsy report say that Michael's death was?
3. What is the name of Gary's wife's brother who shows up at their house to give his wife her allowance?
4. What does the boy use to get into the house to kidnap the Lindbergh baby?
5. Who does Gary's wife say was abusive in his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Soneji think is funny when he drives through the toll booth?
2. When Maggie is underground and a bright light appears, what does she do?
3. Why is Cross drawn to the boy at the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
4. Why does Cross find himself sympathizing with the Dunnes?
5. What does the introduction of the Lindbergh kidnapping at the beginning of the book suggest?
6. What do Cross and Sampson find when they first arrive at the private school?
7. What caused Cross and Sampson to be taken off the investigation of Maggie Rose's kidnapping?
8. Why does Maggie Rose feel she is in the spotlight?
9. What is one reason that Gary is trying to show, while he is in prison, that he has multiple personalities?
10. What happens when Cross is approached by the man as he exits the tram at Disney World?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does family play in the story? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Cross show strength and determination when dealing with Soneji before, during, and after his trial? What other characteristics does Cross strongly portray throughout the trial? Did you learn anything about his character during the trial? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the mayor and the press. How are their actions towards Cross similar and different? Does one treat Cross more or less fairly than the other? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)