|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Cross and the private plane wait on the small island?
2. How did Gary's entire family die, according to his wife?
3. What do the psychiatrists, who interviewed Gary at the federal prison, think is wrong with him?
4. How old is the Lindbergh baby when he is kidnapped?
5. When Maggie Rose calls out to a stranger who is calling out to her, what does she get?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one reason that Gary is trying to show, while he is in prison, that he has multiple personalities?
2. Why should the reader think that the chances of survival for Maggie Rose are small?
3. What does the dinner date and mild flirtation between Cross and Jezzie suggest?
4. Why is FBI Special Agent Roger Graham important to the story?
5. What does Cross' research in the kidnapper's apartment suggest?
6. Why is Cross unhappy with his boss in the early part of the story?
7. Why is Cross drawn to the boy at the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
8. How does the author show the importance of Jezzie Flanagan?
9. What is Gary going to use Ms. Kim to do?
10. What happens when Cross is approached by the man as he exits the tram at Disney World?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Nana Mama's function in the story? Is she Cross' conscience or something else? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of trust evident throughout the story? Which character is the most trustworthy and why? Which character is the least trustworthy and why? Does your opinion of any character's trustworthiness change throughout the novel? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the mayor and the press. How are their actions towards Cross similar and different? Does one treat Cross more or less fairly than the other? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)