|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gary's entire family die, according to his wife?
2. What room does the boy kidnap the Lindbergh baby from?
3. How does Jezzie Flanagan arrive at the private school for the first time?
4. How far does the kidnapper run with the Lindbergh baby before burying him alive?
5. What kind of search begins on Christmas morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maggie Rose feel she is in the spotlight?
2. Why is FBI Special Agent Roger Graham important to the story?
3. What is Gary going to use Ms. Kim to do?
4. What happens when Cross is approached by the man as he exits the tram at Disney World?
5. What is the difference between what the trial of the Lindbergh kidnapping centered on and what the story at the beginning of the book centers on?
6. Why does Cross think that the murderer in the Langley Terrace case is the same as Ms. Kim's murderer?
7. What can Missy Murphy not understand about her husband Gary?
8. What was Gary's childhood like, according to Missy?
9. What does the dinner date and mild flirtation between Cross and Jezzie suggest?
10. Why is the first mention of the press important to the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does justice appear as a theme in the story? Is justice served in the end? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the mayor and the press. How are their actions towards Cross similar and different? Does one treat Cross more or less fairly than the other? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What clues were given that Soneji was not the criminal mastermind behind the kidnapping of Maggie Rose? How did these clues function as foreshadowing? Cite specific examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)