|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cross is loaded onto the private jet, what happens to him?
2. Who comes up to Graham's car to speak with him?
3. Who does Jezzie speak to at the school before coming to speak with Cross?
4. The person receiving the ransom wants to leave with Cross and the money before what happens?
5. What do the police find when they answer a tip about a box buried in the ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cross think that the murderer in the Langley Terrace case is the same as Ms. Kim's murderer?
2. What is one reason that Gary is trying to show, while he is in prison, that he has multiple personalities?
3. What happens, on Christmas morning, in the story?
4. What was Gary's childhood like, according to Missy?
5. What does Cross find when he arrives, the first time, to interview Soneji at Lorton Federal Prison in Virginia?
6. What has happened to the claims, over the years, that Hauptmann wasn't the real kidnapper in the Lindbergh kidnapping?
7. What is Gary going to use Ms. Kim to do?
8. What proves to the police that the location in Maryland is where Maggie and Michael were held?
9. What does Jezzie's position as a supervisor in the Secret Service suggest about her?
10. When Maggie is underground and a bright light appears, what does she do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Cross' effectiveness as a cop to his effectiveness as a psychologist. Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the character of Jezzie before her last trip to the Islands with Cross and after the trip. In what ways is the character the same and different? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of trust evident throughout the story? Which character is the most trustworthy and why? Which character is the least trustworthy and why? Does your opinion of any character's trustworthiness change throughout the novel? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)