|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does the kidnapper run with the Lindbergh baby before burying him alive?
2. Where does Jezzie drive to after visiting Cross and his children?
3. What year does the Lindbergh kidnapping occur?
4. What is Cross' second credential, other than law enforcement?
5. On what day does Cross go to check out Michael's bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross see when he gets to the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
2. What can Missy Murphy not understand about her husband Gary?
3. When Maggie is underground and a bright light appears, what does she do?
4. What does Soneji think is funny when he drives through the toll booth?
5. What do Cross and Sampson find when they first arrive at the private school?
6. What does Cross find when he arrives, the first time, to interview Soneji at Lorton Federal Prison in Virginia?
7. What is the difference between what the trial of the Lindbergh kidnapping centered on and what the story at the beginning of the book centers on?
8. Why did Cross save Soneji from being shot to death by the sharpshooters?
9. What does Cross' research in the kidnapper's apartment suggest?
10. Why does Cross find himself sympathizing with the Dunnes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Nana Mama's function in the story? Is she Cross' conscience or something else? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What character's journey in the story most closely resembles the story of Maggie Rose and why? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does justice appear as a theme in the story? Is justice served in the end? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)