|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Soneji cut Graham?
2. After leaving the small island, where do Cross and the private plane go?
3. Where does the investigative team meet to learn of Graham's death?
4. How old is Cross' daughter?
5. When Cross arrives at the federal prison to speak to Gary, why does Gary say he stopped at the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Soneji think is funny when he drives through the toll booth?
2. What does the introduction of the Lindbergh kidnapping at the beginning of the book suggest?
3. When Marty tells Gary and Missy that Gary owes Marty's company thousands of dollars, what is Gary thinking about?
4. What is Gary going to use Ms. Kim to do?
5. When Maggie is underground and a bright light appears, what does she do?
6. How does the author show the importance of Jezzie Flanagan?
7. What is the difference between what the trial of the Lindbergh kidnapping centered on and what the story at the beginning of the book centers on?
8. What proves to the police that the location in Maryland is where Maggie and Michael were held?
9. Why is FBI Special Agent Roger Graham important to the story?
10. What is the Lindbergh kidnapping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the mayor and the press. How are their actions towards Cross similar and different? Does one treat Cross more or less fairly than the other? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, answer the following question: Is it important to the story to know if Soneji/Murphy truly has multiple personality disorder?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Cross' effectiveness as a cop to his effectiveness as a psychologist. Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)