Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, of Maggie's, was found with Vivian's body?
2. Where is the black family murdered that Cross goes to investigate?
3. What is the name of the accused kidnapper in the trial of the Lindbergh baby?
4. What year does the Lindbergh kidnapping occur?
5. How long does Soneji think the anesthetic will keep the children unconscious?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross' research in the kidnapper's apartment suggest?
2. Why is Cross drawn to the boy at the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
3. Why is it important, during the hypnosis in the courtroom, that Murphy remembers Soneji becoming angry and damaging Michael's body?
4. What does Jezzie reveal when Cross takes her to a deserted island for the second time?
5. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
6. What causes Jezzie to cry for the first time, while she is at the Maryland farm?
7. What is Devine pressuring Jezzie to do?
8. How does Soneji escape from prison?
9. Why does Maggie Rose feel she is in the spotlight?
10. Why does Soneji go after Devine to get the ransom money?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the reactions and feelings of Cross while he is participating in the ransom events to the reactions and feelings of Maggie Rose while she is kidnapped. Support your answers with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
During the trial and conviction, of Murphy/Soneji, how is the theme of appearances raised, presented, and interpreted? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What clues were given that Soneji was not the criminal mastermind behind the kidnapping of Maggie Rose? How did these clues function as foreshadowing? Cite specific examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)