|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the federal prison that Soneji/Gary goes to?
2. What do Cross and his partner search, hoping to find someone who sold Soneji his disguise?
3. How old is the Lindbergh baby when he is kidnapped?
4. Where does Soneji leave Graham to bleed out?
5. What is Cross trying to prove in his interrogation of Murphy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross' presence at Jezzie's death symbolize?
2. What causes Soneji to take a McDonald's hostage?
3. What proves to the police that the location in Maryland is where Maggie and Michael were held?
4. What does the introduction of the Lindbergh kidnapping at the beginning of the book suggest?
5. Why does Cross lose his temper at the soup kitchen?
6. How does Gary convince many officials that he might truly have multiple personalities?
7. What does Jezzie reveal when Cross takes her to a deserted island for the second time?
8. What is Devine pressuring Jezzie to do?
9. Why does Maggie Rose feel she is in the spotlight?
10. After the investigation is closed and Cross receives a call from Soneji, what does Soneji want?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the character of Jezzie before her last trip to the Islands with Cross and after the trip. In what ways is the character the same and different? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the kidnapping of Maggie Rose to the Lindbergh kidnapping. How are they similar and different? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does justice appear as a theme in the story? Is justice served in the end? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)