|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the mother that Cross re-interviews, where was the man who was with Soneji at the Sanders murder?
(a) In another car.
(b) Around the cornerr.
(c) Down the street.
(d) In the same car.
2. At Murphy's trial, the defense calls many what?
(b) Character witnesses.
(c) Family members.
(d) Criminology experts.
3. Why is Soneji at the Cross home?
(a) To kill Cross.
(b) To kill Nana Mama.
(c) To kill the Cross children.
(d) To kill the whole family.
4. Who does Cross ask for permission to hypnotize Murphy?
(a) The judge.
(b) The warden.
(c) The guards.
(d) The district attorney.
5. Where was Devine found murdered?
(a) In the locker room.
(b) At his gym.
(c) At his mother's house.
(d) In his hotel room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Soneji believe took Maggie Rose?
2. Where are Cross and Jezzie when Jezzie says they have to end their relationship?
3. Where do Jezzie and Cross try to go, and Cross gets into a fight?
4. Why are Jezzie and Cross a controversial couple?
5. Where is Soneji spotted after he leaves the Cross home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Soneji go after Devine to get the ransom money?
2. What is the verdict in the Murphy/Soneji case?
3. After the investigation is closed and Cross receives a call from Soneji, what does Soneji want?
4. What does the prosecution do when they present the case against Soneji?
5. After Cross uses the press to get his way, what happens?
6. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
7. What does Cross' presence at Jezzie's death symbolize?
8. Why does Cross' grandmother warn him away from Jezzie?
9. How does Soneji escape from prison?
10. What reinforces the suggestion that Soneji has had a partner in his deeds?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)