|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Soneji get away from the prison with the supervisor?
(a) In a car.
(b) On motorcycles.
(c) On foot.
(d) On the bus.
2. Where is Jezzie when she gives Cross Maggie's location?
(a) Her house.
(b) Police station.
(c) A car.
3. Who is posted outside Devine's hotel room?
(a) Two Treasury investigators.
(b) Two Secret Service agents.
(c) Two police detectives.
(d) The FBI.
4. What does Soneji threaten Devine with to discover the location of the ransom money?
(b) Being buried alive.
5. Where does Soneji direct a supervisor from the prison to go in order to find some money from the ransom?
(a) The wall of the farm where Maggie was held.
(b) The loft of the farm where Maggie was held.
(c) The ceiling of the farm where Maggie was held.
(d) The yard of the farm where Maggie was held.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cross learns Maggie's location, who does he take to get her?
2. Where does Devine tell Cross the information he wants is located?
3. Why is Soneji at the Cross home?
4. Who believes that Jezzie and Devine have been lovers for years?
5. From where was the reporter from who got a picture of Jezzie and Cross at a hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross' presence at Jezzie's death symbolize?
2. After the investigation is closed, and Cross goes to talk to the Secret Service agents, why does he feel that they are hiding something?
3. After Cross uses the press to get his way, what happens?
4. What reinforces the suggestion that Soneji has had a partner in his deeds?
5. When the investigation into Maggie Rose is closed, and Cross goes back over the interviews, what does Cross discover about Soneji's possible accomplice?
6. Why is Jezzie sentenced to death?
7. What is Devine pressuring Jezzie to do?
8. What does Jezzie reveal when Cross takes her to a deserted island for the second time?
9. What is the verdict in the Murphy/Soneji case?
10. Why is it important, during the hypnosis in the courtroom, that Murphy remembers Soneji becoming angry and damaging Michael's body?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)