|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Soneji do in his cell in order to get the supervisor called in?
(a) Slices his wrists.
(b) Throws up violently.
(c) Attempts suicide.
(d) Starts yelling loudly.
2. Who warns Cross away from a relationship with Jezzie?
(a) Cross' father.
(b) Cross' grandmother.
(c) Cross' aunt.
(d) Cross' daughter.
3. Who does Cross talk to about the information that Jezzie may be involved in Maggie's kidnapping.
4. What does Cross stab Soneji with?
(a) A kitchen knife.
(b) A butcher knife.
(c) A pair of scissors.
(d) A pen.
5. The Monday after Cross and Jezzie go to Jezzie's summer home, who is the first witness on the stand?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cross re-interview to find out more about the kidnapping of Maggie Rose once he becomes obsessed with finding her?
2. Who does Cross ask for permission to hypnotize Murphy?
3. Where are Cross and Jezzie when Jezzie says they have to end their relationship?
4. Where is Soneji spotted after he leaves the Cross home?
5. How long was Maggie warned she will be in darkness if she runs away?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the investigation is closed, and Cross goes to talk to the Secret Service agents, why does he feel that they are hiding something?
2. How does Cross use the press?
3. What does Cross refuse to do on the witness stand?
4. What reinforces the suggestion that Soneji has had a partner in his deeds?
5. When the investigation into Maggie Rose is closed, and Cross goes back over the interviews, what does Cross discover about Soneji's possible accomplice?
6. Why does Soneji go to the White House?
7. What does the prosecution do when they present the case against Soneji?
8. After the investigation is closed and Cross receives a call from Soneji, what does Soneji want?
9. Why does Soneji go after Devine to get the ransom money?
10. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)