|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Monday after Cross and Jezzie go to Jezzie's summer home, who is the first witness on the stand?
2. What is the job of Cross' friend that helps Cross get permission to hypnotize Murphy?
3. Where does Devine want Jezzie to run off with him to?
4. What is the reaction of the people in the courtroom after Murphy is convicted?
5. When Cross learns Maggie's location, who does he take to get her?
(a) Katherine Rose.
(b) Maggie's father.
(c) Katherine Rose and her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month do Cross and Jezzie take their first trip to the Virgin Islands?
2. In what month does Murphy's trial begin?
3. How does Soneji get away from the prison with the supervisor?
4. Who does Cross re-interview to find out more about the kidnapping of Maggie Rose once he becomes obsessed with finding her?
5. Where are Cross and Jezzie when Jezzie says they have to end their relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important, during the hypnosis in the courtroom, that Murphy remembers Soneji becoming angry and damaging Michael's body?
2. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
3. Why does Soneji go to the White House?
4. What is Soneji doing in Washington, D.C.?
5. How does Soneji escape from prison?
6. What does the prosecution do when they present the case against Soneji?
7. What does Cross' presence at Jezzie's death symbolize?
8. When the investigation into Maggie Rose is closed, and Cross goes back over the interviews, what does Cross discover about Soneji's possible accomplice?
9. What is Devine pressuring Jezzie to do?
10. After Cross uses the press to get his way, what happens?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)