|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Jezzie and Cross are sleeping, what is burnt in Jezzie's front yard?
(a) A cross.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) An effigy.
(d) A car.
2. From what type of paper was the reporter who got a picture of Jezzie and Cross at a hotel?
(a) Financial news.
(b) News reporting agency.
(c) Crime-focused paper.
3. What happens to Devine's partner?
(a) He evades escape and leaves the country.
(b) Soneji murders him.
(c) He is put to death.
(d) He committs suicide.
4. Who is Mike Devine?
(a) A Secret Service agent.
(b) A federal prison guard.
(c) A police detective.
(d) An FBI agent.
5. Where are Cross and Jezzie when Jezzie says they have to end their relationship?
(b) Jezzie's summer home.
(c) The Virgin Islands.
(d) Cross' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jezzie's sentence for kidnapping and murder?
2. Where does Devine want Jezzie to run off with him to?
3. When Murphy is reciting memories under hypnotism, what does he do to Cross?
4. What is the name of the prison that Soneji is being held in after his trial?
5. What does the defense attorney suggest Cross do, in the courtroom, to Murphy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Soneji escape from prison?
2. How does Cross use the press?
3. What is Soneji doing in Washington, D.C.?
4. What does Cross' presence at Jezzie's death symbolize?
5. Why does Cross' grandmother warn him away from Jezzie?
6. What does Jezzie reveal when Cross takes her to a deserted island for the second time?
7. Why does Soneji go after Devine to get the ransom money?
8. When the investigation into Maggie Rose is closed, and Cross goes back over the interviews, what does Cross discover about Soneji's possible accomplice?
9. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
10. Why is it important, during the hypnosis in the courtroom, that Murphy remembers Soneji becoming angry and damaging Michael's body?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)