|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Devine found murdered?
(a) In the locker room.
(b) At his gym.
(c) In his hotel room.
(d) At his mother's house.
2. What is the job of Cross' friend that helps Cross get permission to hypnotize Murphy?
3. Why are Jezzie and Cross a controversial couple?
(a) They are both married.
(b) They are both cops.
(c) They are different races.
(d) They are different socio-economic classes.
4. From what type of paper was the reporter who got a picture of Jezzie and Cross at a hotel?
(b) Financial news.
(c) News reporting agency.
(d) Crime-focused paper.
5. Who believes that Jezzie and Devine have been lovers for years?
(a) The Treasury Department.
(b) Homeland Security.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Secret Service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Soneji believe took Maggie Rose?
2. In what month does Murphy's trial begin?
3. While Cross is interviewing Gary after his trip to the Virgin Islands, what is Maggie doing?
4. Where is the door that Soneji and the supervisor escape from?
5. Who shoots Soneji?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cross' grandmother warn him away from Jezzie?
2. After Cross uses the press to get his way, what happens?
3. After the investigation is closed, and Cross goes to talk to the Secret Service agents, why does he feel that they are hiding something?
4. What does Cross' presence at Jezzie's death symbolize?
5. Why does Soneji go after Devine to get the ransom money?
6. How does Cross use the press?
7. Why is Jezzie sentenced to death?
8. What is the verdict in the Murphy/Soneji case?
9. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
10. Why is it important, during the hypnosis in the courtroom, that Murphy remembers Soneji becoming angry and damaging Michael's body?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)