|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Soneji get away from the prison with the supervisor?
(a) On the bus.
(b) In a car.
(c) On foot.
(d) On motorcycles.
2. Who does Cross ask for permission to hypnotize Murphy?
(a) The guards.
(b) The district attorney.
(c) The judge.
(d) The warden.
3. When Murphy is reciting memories under hypnotism, what does he do to Cross?
(a) Run around him.
(b) Attack him.
(c) Talk to him.
(d) Deceive him.
4. What is the job of Cross' friend that helps Cross get permission to hypnotize Murphy?
5. Who warns Cross away from a relationship with Jezzie?
(a) Cross' daughter.
(b) Cross' aunt.
(c) Cross' father.
(d) Cross' grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Cross and Jezzie when she confesses her part in the kidnapping?
2. Who hears Soneji moving through the house and alerts Cross?
3. Where does Devine want Jezzie to run off with him to?
4. Where is the door that Soneji and the supervisor escape from?
5. Where does Soneji direct a supervisor from the prison to go in order to find some money from the ransom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important, during the hypnosis in the courtroom, that Murphy remembers Soneji becoming angry and damaging Michael's body?
2. What does Cross refuse to do on the witness stand?
3. What is the verdict in the Murphy/Soneji case?
4. What is Soneji doing in Washington, D.C.?
5. How does Cross use the press?
6. What does the prosecution do when they present the case against Soneji?
7. Why does Soneji go after Devine to get the ransom money?
8. Why is Jezzie sentenced to death?
9. What does Jezzie reveal when Cross takes her to a deserted island for the second time?
10. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)