|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prison that Soneji is being held in after his trial?
2. How long was Maggie warned she will be in darkness if she runs away?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
3. From where was the reporter from who got a picture of Jezzie and Cross at a hotel?
(a) The Universal News.
(b) The Weekly Paper.
(c) The National Star.
(d) The Daily Dish.
4. Who shoots Soneji?
(a) The FBI.
(b) A Secret Service agent.
5. While Jezzie and Cross are sleeping, what is burnt in Jezzie's front yard?
(a) An effigy.
(b) A cross.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Soneji do to the supervisor at the farm?
2. Where does Soneji direct a supervisor from the prison to go in order to find some money from the ransom?
3. Where does Devine want Jezzie to run off with him to?
4. Where are Cross and Jezzie when Jezzie says they have to end their relationship?
5. When Cross tries to get in touch with Jezzie after the picture, where does he learn she went?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Cross uses the press to get his way, what happens?
2. Why is Jezzie sentenced to death?
3. Why does Soneji go after Devine to get the ransom money?
4. Why does Soneji go to the White House?
5. Why is it important, during the hypnosis in the courtroom, that Murphy remembers Soneji becoming angry and damaging Michael's body?
6. What is the verdict in the Murphy/Soneji case?
7. What does Jezzie reveal when Cross takes her to a deserted island for the second time?
8. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
9. How does Cross use the press?
10. What does Cross refuse to do on the witness stand?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)