|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prison that Soneji is being held in after his trial?
2. What was Jezzie's sentence for kidnapping and murder?
(a) Life in a work camp.
(b) Life in prison.
(d) Life in solitary.
3. Who is present to watch Soneji's final showdown with Cross?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The Secret Service agents.
(d) The press.
4. Who hears Soneji moving through the house and alerts Cross?
(a) Cross' daughter.
(b) Cross' dog.
(c) Nana Mama.
(d) Cross' son.
5. What happens to Devine's partner?
(a) Soneji murders him.
(b) He evades escape and leaves the country.
(c) He committs suicide.
(d) He is put to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Soneji believe took Maggie Rose?
2. Who does Cross ask for permission to hypnotize Murphy?
3. While Jezzie and Cross are sleeping, what is burnt in Jezzie's front yard?
4. Where does Cross take the information that Soneji gives him?
5. Where is Jezzie's summer house located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jezzie reveal when Cross takes her to a deserted island for the second time?
2. What does the prosecution do when they present the case against Soneji?
3. Why is it important, during the hypnosis in the courtroom, that Murphy remembers Soneji becoming angry and damaging Michael's body?
4. What does Cross' presence at Jezzie's death symbolize?
5. After Cross uses the press to get his way, what happens?
6. What is Soneji doing in Washington, D.C.?
7. Why does Cross' grandmother warn him away from Jezzie?
8. What reinforces the suggestion that Soneji has had a partner in his deeds?
9. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
10. What does Cross refuse to do on the witness stand?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)