|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cross talk to about the information that Jezzie may be involved in Maggie's kidnapping.
2. Who shoots Soneji?
(c) The FBI.
(d) A Secret Service agent.
3. Who is present to watch Soneji's final showdown with Cross?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The press.
(d) The Secret Service agents.
4. From what type of paper was the reporter who got a picture of Jezzie and Cross at a hotel?
(b) Crime-focused paper.
(c) News reporting agency.
(d) Financial news.
5. What is the job of Cross' friend that helps Cross get permission to hypnotize Murphy?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Jezzie and Cross are sleeping, what is burnt in Jezzie's front yard?
2. What does Jezzie walk out to, after discovering someone in the house?
3. Why are Jezzie and Cross a controversial couple?
4. In what month do Cross and Jezzie take their first trip to the Virgin Islands?
5. Where does Cross find Soneji in his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Soneji go to the White House?
2. When the investigation into Maggie Rose is closed, and Cross goes back over the interviews, what does Cross discover about Soneji's possible accomplice?
3. What is Soneji doing in Washington, D.C.?
4. What does Cross' presence at Jezzie's death symbolize?
5. What does the prosecution do when they present the case against Soneji?
6. Why is it important, during the hypnosis in the courtroom, that Murphy remembers Soneji becoming angry and damaging Michael's body?
7. What does Jezzie reveal when Cross takes her to a deserted island for the second time?
8. What is Devine pressuring Jezzie to do?
9. How does Cross use the press?
10. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)