|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Murphy is reciting memories under hypnotism, what does he do to Cross?
(a) Deceive him.
(b) Attack him.
(c) Talk to him.
(d) Run around him.
2. Who hears Soneji moving through the house and alerts Cross?
(a) Cross' daughter.
(b) Cross' son.
(c) Nana Mama.
(d) Cross' dog.
3. The Monday after Cross and Jezzie go to Jezzie's summer home, who is the first witness on the stand?
4. Who does Cross run into after he has testified and has left the courtroom?
(a) Mr. Dunne.
(b) Mrs. Goldberg.
(c) Mrs. Rose.
(d) Mr. Goldberg.
5. Where is Soneji spotted after he leaves the Cross home?
(a) In front of the Capitol.
(b) At the Washington Monument.
(c) In front of the White House.
(d) At the Smithsonean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Devine's partner?
2. What does the defense attorney suggest Cross do, in the courtroom, to Murphy?
3. Who does Cross ask for permission to hypnotize Murphy?
4. Who does Soneji believe took Maggie Rose?
5. In what month do Cross and Jezzie take their first trip to the Virgin Islands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross refuse to do on the witness stand?
2. What is the verdict in the Murphy/Soneji case?
3. What does the prosecution do when they present the case against Soneji?
4. How does Cross use the press?
5. Why does Soneji go to the White House?
6. What is Devine pressuring Jezzie to do?
7. After the investigation is closed and Cross receives a call from Soneji, what does Soneji want?
8. After the investigation is closed, and Cross goes to talk to the Secret Service agents, why does he feel that they are hiding something?
9. What does Cross' presence at Jezzie's death symbolize?
10. Why is Jezzie sentenced to death?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)