|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Devine tell Cross the information he wants is located?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the reports.
(c) In the computer system.
(d) In the logs.
2. While Cross is interviewing Gary after his trip to the Virgin Islands, what is Maggie doing?
(a) Babysitting other kids.
(b) Making clothes.
(c) Climbing trees.
(d) Picking fruit.
3. Where are Cross and Jezzie when Jezzie says they have to end their relationship?
(a) Cross' house.
(c) Jezzie's summer home.
(d) The Virgin Islands.
4. How does Soneji get away from the prison with the supervisor?
(a) On the bus.
(b) On motorcycles.
(c) In a car.
(d) On foot.
5. While Jezzie and Cross are sleeping, what is burnt in Jezzie's front yard?
(a) A car.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) A cross.
(d) An effigy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Jezzie and Cross a controversial couple?
2. What does Cross stab Soneji with?
3. How long was Maggie warned she will be in darkness if she runs away?
4. Who is posted outside Devine's hotel room?
5. In what month does Murphy's trial begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jezzie sentenced to death?
2. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
3. What does Cross refuse to do on the witness stand?
4. After Cross uses the press to get his way, what happens?
5. Why does Cross' grandmother warn him away from Jezzie?
6. What is the verdict in the Murphy/Soneji case?
7. What does Jezzie reveal when Cross takes her to a deserted island for the second time?
8. What is Soneji doing in Washington, D.C.?
9. What does Cross' presence at Jezzie's death symbolize?
10. What does the prosecution do when they present the case against Soneji?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)