|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jezzie walk out to, after discovering someone in the house?
(a) The driveway.
(b) The front yard.
(c) The dock.
(d) The park.
2. The Monday after Cross and Jezzie go to Jezzie's summer home, who is the first witness on the stand?
3. What is the name of the prison that Soneji is being held in after his trial?
4. Who does Cross talk to about the information that Jezzie may be involved in Maggie's kidnapping.
5. When Cross learns Maggie's location, who does he take to get her?
(a) Katherine Rose and her husband.
(b) Katherine Rose.
(d) Maggie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cross ask for permission to hypnotize Murphy?
2. Where does Cross find Soneji in his house?
3. How does Soneji get away from the prison with the supervisor?
4. Where does Devine tell Cross the information he wants is located?
5. Where is Soneji spotted after he leaves the Cross home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the verdict in the Murphy/Soneji case?
2. How does Cross use the press?
3. After Cross uses the press to get his way, what happens?
4. What does Cross' presence at Jezzie's death symbolize?
5. What is Soneji doing in Washington, D.C.?
6. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
7. What does the prosecution do when they present the case against Soneji?
8. What does Jezzie reveal when Cross takes her to a deserted island for the second time?
9. What is Devine pressuring Jezzie to do?
10. What does Cross refuse to do on the witness stand?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)