|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reaction of the people in the courtroom after Murphy is convicted?
2. When Cross hypnotizes Murphy, what memories does he discover?
(a) Memories of Soneji attacking people at the restaurant.
(b) Memories of Maggie Rose being attacked.
(c) Memories of attacking other women.
(d) Memories of Michael being attacked.
3. Where is the door that Soneji and the supervisor escape from?
(a) In the prison's infirmary.
(b) In the prison's laundry.
(c) In the prison's visitor's area.
(d) In the prison's basement.
4. Where is Jezzie's summer house located?
(a) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
(d) West Virginia.
5. Where do Jezzie and Cross try to go, and Cross gets into a fight?
(a) Football game.
(b) Basketball game.
(d) Hockey game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Soneji take hostage after leaving Cross' house?
2. Where does Cross take the information that Soneji gives him?
3. When Cross tries to get in touch with Jezzie after the picture, where does he learn she went?
4. What happens to Devine's partner?
5. Who hears Soneji moving through the house and alerts Cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross' presence at Jezzie's death symbolize?
2. Why does Cross' grandmother warn him away from Jezzie?
3. When the investigation into Maggie Rose is closed, and Cross goes back over the interviews, what does Cross discover about Soneji's possible accomplice?
4. What is Soneji doing in Washington, D.C.?
5. Why does Soneji go to the White House?
6. After the investigation is closed and Cross receives a call from Soneji, what does Soneji want?
7. Why is Jezzie sentenced to death?
8. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
9. How does Soneji escape from prison?
10. What is the verdict in the Murphy/Soneji case?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)