|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what type of paper was the reporter who got a picture of Jezzie and Cross at a hotel?
(a) Financial news.
(c) News reporting agency.
(d) Crime-focused paper.
2. What characterizes Cross' reaction to Murphy's reaction to his wife's grief?
3. While Cross is interviewing Gary after his trip to the Virgin Islands, what is Maggie doing?
(a) Babysitting other kids.
(b) Picking fruit.
(c) Climbing trees.
(d) Making clothes.
4. From where was the reporter from who got a picture of Jezzie and Cross at a hotel?
(a) The Daily Dish.
(b) The National Star.
(c) The Weekly Paper.
(d) The Universal News.
5. How does Soneji get away from the prison with the supervisor?
(a) In a car.
(b) On motorcycles.
(c) On foot.
(d) On the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mike Devine?
2. In what month does Murphy's trial begin?
3. Who does Cross talk to about the information that Jezzie may be involved in Maggie's kidnapping.
4. According to the mother that Cross re-interviews, where was the man who was with Soneji at the Sanders murder?
5. Where does Cross take the information that Soneji gives him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cross use the press?
2. What does Jezzie reveal when Cross takes her to a deserted island for the second time?
3. Why is Jezzie sentenced to death?
4. What is the verdict in the Murphy/Soneji case?
5. After the investigation is closed and Cross receives a call from Soneji, what does Soneji want?
6. How does Soneji escape from prison?
7. Why does Soneji go after Devine to get the ransom money?
8. What is Soneji doing in Washington, D.C.?
9. After the investigation is closed, and Cross goes to talk to the Secret Service agents, why does he feel that they are hiding something?
10. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)