|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jezzie say Maggie is?
(a) Uyuni, Ecuador.
(b) Uyuni, Columbia.
(c) Uyuni, Bolivia.
(d) Uyuni, Mexico.
2. From what type of paper was the reporter who got a picture of Jezzie and Cross at a hotel?
(b) News reporting agency.
(c) Crime-focused paper.
(d) Financial news.
3. While Jezzie and Cross are sleeping, what is burnt in Jezzie's front yard?
(a) A car.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) An effigy.
(d) A cross.
4. Where is Jezzie's summer house located?
(b) West Virginia.
(c) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
5. What does Soneji threaten Devine with to discover the location of the ransom money?
(c) Being buried alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the mother that Cross re-interviews, where was the man who was with Soneji at the Sanders murder?
2. Who is present to watch Soneji's final showdown with Cross?
3. What happens to Devine's partner?
4. What is Soneji's sentence for his role in everything?
5. Where do Jezzie and Cross try to go, and Cross gets into a fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the investigation is closed, and Cross goes to talk to the Secret Service agents, why does he feel that they are hiding something?
2. Why does Cross' grandmother warn him away from Jezzie?
3. After the investigation is closed and Cross receives a call from Soneji, what does Soneji want?
4. What does Cross' presence at Jezzie's death symbolize?
5. What does the prosecution do when they present the case against Soneji?
6. How does Cross use the press?
7. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
8. When the investigation into Maggie Rose is closed, and Cross goes back over the interviews, what does Cross discover about Soneji's possible accomplice?
9. What is the verdict in the Murphy/Soneji case?
10. Why is Jezzie sentenced to death?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)