|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jezzie when she gives Cross Maggie's location?
(a) A car.
(c) Her house.
(d) Police station.
2. What does Cross stab Soneji with?
(a) A pen.
(b) A butcher knife.
(c) A kitchen knife.
(d) A pair of scissors.
3. When Cross returns home from the Virgin Islands, where does his partner ask him to go?
(a) Sanders home.
(b) Strummons home.
(c) Shaffers home.
(d) Sunners home.
4. Who is the surprise witness at the end of the day for the defense?
(b) Murphy's daughter.
(d) Murphy's wife.
5. What does the defense attorney suggest Cross do, in the courtroom, to Murphy?
(a) Hypnotize him.
(b) Test him.
(c) Evaluate him.
(d) Talk with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cross ask for permission to hypnotize Murphy?
2. Who is present to watch Soneji's final showdown with Cross?
3. Who hears Soneji moving through the house and alerts Cross?
4. Where are Cross and Jezzie when she confesses her part in the kidnapping?
5. Who warns Cross away from a relationship with Jezzie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cross' grandmother warn him away from Jezzie?
2. What is Devine pressuring Jezzie to do?
3. What does Jezzie reveal when Cross takes her to a deserted island for the second time?
4. Why is it important, during the hypnosis in the courtroom, that Murphy remembers Soneji becoming angry and damaging Michael's body?
5. How does Soneji escape from prison?
6. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
7. What does Cross' presence at Jezzie's death symbolize?
8. After the investigation is closed and Cross receives a call from Soneji, what does Soneji want?
9. Why does Soneji go after Devine to get the ransom money?
10. After the investigation is closed, and Cross goes to talk to the Secret Service agents, why does he feel that they are hiding something?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)