|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the mother that Cross re-interviews, where was the man who was with Soneji at the Sanders murder?
(a) Down the street.
(b) In another car.
(c) Around the cornerr.
(d) In the same car.
2. How long was Maggie warned she will be in darkness if she runs away?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
3. What is Soneji's sentence for his role in everything?
(a) 25 years to life.
(c) 50 years to life.
(d) Life in prison.
4. Where does Soneji direct a supervisor from the prison to go in order to find some money from the ransom?
(a) The wall of the farm where Maggie was held.
(b) The loft of the farm where Maggie was held.
(c) The yard of the farm where Maggie was held.
(d) The ceiling of the farm where Maggie was held.
5. How long do Jezzie and Cross stay at the Virgin Islands the first time?
(a) Five days.
(b) A week.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the surprise witness at the end of the day for the defense?
2. At Murphy's trial, the defense calls many what?
3. Where does Cross take the information that Soneji gives him?
4. Where does Jezzie say Maggie is?
5. When Murphy is reciting memories under hypnotism, what does he do to Cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross refuse to do on the witness stand?
2. Why does Cross' grandmother warn him away from Jezzie?
3. What is one of Soneji's revelations to Cross when Cross goes back to see him after his conviction?
4. What is Devine pressuring Jezzie to do?
5. After Cross uses the press to get his way, what happens?
6. What does Jezzie reveal when Cross takes her to a deserted island for the second time?
7. Why is Jezzie sentenced to death?
8. Why does Soneji go after Devine to get the ransom money?
9. What does the prosecution do when they present the case against Soneji?
10. How does Soneji escape from prison?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)