|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two crimes that Cross wants Gary convicted of?
(a) Murder and kidnapping.
(b) Robbery and kidnapping.
(c) Theft and kidnapping.
(d) False imprisonment and kidnapping.
2. When Jezzie cannot sleep because of thoughts of Michael's death, what does she do?
(a) Goes walking.
(b) Goes and works out.
(c) Goes running.
(d) Goes and rides her motorcycle.
3. What do the psychiatrists, who interviewed Gary at the federal prison, think is wrong with him?
(b) Multiple personality disorder.
(c) Manic depression.
(d) Post traumatic stress syndrome.
4. What article of Maggie's clothing is found in Gary's basement?
(b) Leg warmers.
5. What position does Jezzie Flanagan hold?
(d) Desk secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Cross' daughter?
2. What happens after the team searches Gary's house, and then has a few drinks?
3. Where is the box that Gary plans to hold the children?
4. What does the note on Graham's body tell the investigators not to steal?
5. When Gary returns to his home in Delaware, how old is his daughter turning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Gary's childhood like, according to Missy?
2. How are Michael and Maggie Rose not like normal children?
3. When Maggie is underground and a bright light appears, what does she do?
4. What happens, on Christmas morning, in the story?
5. What do Cross and Sampson find when they first arrive at the private school?
6. What does the dinner date and mild flirtation between Cross and Jezzie suggest?
7. If Gary is able to plead insanity at trial, what happens to him?
8. Why should the reader think that the chances of survival for Maggie Rose are small?
9. Why is it important that Cross knows about Soneji's background?
10. Why did Cross save Soneji from being shot to death by the sharpshooters?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)