|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary owe money to his latest job for?
(a) Advances on retirement benefits.
(b) Advances on commissions.
(c) Advances on salary.
(d) Advances on vacation time.
2. When Maggie Rose calls out to a stranger who is calling out to her, what does she get?
(b) New clothing.
(c) Death threats.
3. Murphy's psychological problems might give him grounds to claim what defense at trial?
(a) Wrong identity.
4. When Maggie Rose is in her box, what does she think it is?
(a) A car trunk.
(b) Her grave.
(c) A train car.
(d) A suitcase.
5. Where do Cross and the mayor drive to talk about the kidnapping investigation?
(a) Across town.
(b) To the police department.
(c) On the freeway.
(d) To city hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes up to Graham's car to speak with him?
2. Where do Cross and his partner speak with the children at the private school?
3. What do the cops do when they approach Cross and the person picking up the ransom demand?
4. How do Cross and the person picking up the ransom get to the private plane?
5. What name have Maggie's kidnappers told her to use?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cross think that the murderer in the Langley Terrace case is the same as Ms. Kim's murderer?
2. Why is it important that Cross knows about Soneji's background?
3. What does Soneji think is funny when he drives through the toll booth?
4. If Gary is able to plead insanity at trial, what happens to him?
5. What caused Cross and Sampson to be taken off the investigation of Maggie Rose's kidnapping?
6. What does Cross see when he gets to the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
7. What happens, on Christmas morning, in the story?
8. What is the Lindbergh kidnapping?
9. Why is Cross unhappy with his boss in the early part of the story?
10. Why is FBI Special Agent Roger Graham important to the story?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)