|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the headline on Soneji's apartment wall say?
(a) I want to be more than someone.
(b) I want to be loved by someone.
(c) I want to be like someone.
(d) I want to be someone.
2. What room does the boy kidnap the Lindbergh baby from?
(a) The library.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The living room.
(d) The nursery.
3. What is the name of the accused kidnapper in the trial of the Lindbergh baby?
4. Where is the black family murdered that Cross goes to investigate?
(a) Langley Terrace.
(b) Langley Place.
(c) Langley Central.
(d) Langley Heights.
5. Murphy's psychological problems might give him grounds to claim what defense at trial?
(a) Wrong identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Cross volunteered for years?
2. When Maggie Rose is in her box, what does she think it is?
3. While in Florida, what does Cross decide to do before going to bed?
4. Who gave Gary Murphy his latest job?
5. Cross sees that Vivian was killed in the same manner as whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between what the trial of the Lindbergh kidnapping centered on and what the story at the beginning of the book centers on?
2. What does the dinner date and mild flirtation between Cross and Jezzie suggest?
3. What does Jezzie's position as a supervisor in the Secret Service suggest about her?
4. How does Gary convince many officials that he might truly have multiple personalities?
5. What does Cross' research in the kidnapper's apartment suggest?
6. What caused Cross and Sampson to be taken off the investigation of Maggie Rose's kidnapping?
7. What is Gary going to use Ms. Kim to do?
8. What causes Jezzie to cry for the first time, while she is at the Maryland farm?
9. Why does Cross lose his temper at the soup kitchen?
10. What is one reason that Gary is trying to show, while he is in prison, that he has multiple personalities?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)