|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Cross' wife's name?
2. What is Cross' second credential, other than law enforcement?
3. What is the name of the accused kidnapper in the trial of the Lindbergh baby?
4. What is Gary doing when his wife's brother shows up?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Cleaning windows.
(d) Shoveling snow.
5. Where does Jezzie drive to after visiting Cross and his children?
(a) The Connecticut farm.
(b) The New Jersey Farm.
(c) The Virginia farm.
(d) The Maryland farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Cross volunteered for years?
2. When does Gary see the cops around his home?
3. What happens to the state trooper who sneaks around the back of the restaurant Soneji is holding hostage?
4. What does Gary do at the party while the children play games?
5. What name have Maggie's kidnappers told her to use?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cross find himself sympathizing with the Dunnes?
2. When Marty tells Gary and Missy that Gary owes Marty's company thousands of dollars, what is Gary thinking about?
3. What does the introduction of the Lindbergh kidnapping at the beginning of the book suggest?
4. What does Jezzie's position as a supervisor in the Secret Service suggest about her?
5. What has happened to the claims, over the years, that Hauptmann wasn't the real kidnapper in the Lindbergh kidnapping?
6. Why does Cross think that the murderer in the Langley Terrace case is the same as Ms. Kim's murderer?
7. What do Cross and Sampson find when they first arrive at the private school?
8. What does Soneji think is funny when he drives through the toll booth?
9. Why does Maggie Rose feel she is in the spotlight?
10. What is one reason that Gary is trying to show, while he is in prison, that he has multiple personalities?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)