|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary owe money to his latest job for?
(a) Advances on commissions.
(b) Advances on vacation time.
(c) Advances on salary.
(d) Advances on retirement benefits.
2. Where did the Dunnes live before moving to Washington, D.C.?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
3. What is the name of the accused kidnapper in the trial of the Lindbergh baby?
4. When Gary is told about the money he owes his latest job, what does he fantasize about doing?
(a) Killing his co-workers.
(b) Killing his family.
(c) Killing his boss.
(d) Killing himself.
5. In what type of house does the Lindbergh family live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What, of Maggie's, was found with Vivian's body?
2. What is Cross trying to prove in his interrogation of Murphy?
3. Where does Jezzie drive to after visiting Cross and his children?
4. On what day does Cross go to check out Michael's bedroom?
5. Who knocks Soneji to the ground and saves his life at the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Michael and Maggie Rose not like normal children?
2. What does Cross' research in the kidnapper's apartment suggest?
3. What is one reason that Gary is trying to show, while he is in prison, that he has multiple personalities?
4. What does Cross find when he arrives, the first time, to interview Soneji at Lorton Federal Prison in Virginia?
5. What does Cross see when he gets to the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
6. During the part of the story where the ransom drop is taking place, what is one reason the reader might think that Soneji is not the mastermind of the kidnapping?
7. What does Soneji think is funny when he drives through the toll booth?
8. When Marty tells Gary and Missy that Gary owes Marty's company thousands of dollars, what is Gary thinking about?
9. Why is the appearance of Maggie's shoe at Ms. Kim's murder scene important?
10. Why does Maggie Rose feel she is in the spotlight?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)