|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the team searches Gary's house, and then has a few drinks?
(a) Jezzie and Cross talk about their feelings.
(b) Jezzie and Cross go to workout.
(c) Jezzie and Cross go on vacation.
(d) Jezzie and Cross start an affair.
2. When does the autopsy report say that Michael was beaten?
(b) While sleeping.
(c) While being strangled.
3. What meal are the Lindberghs eating when their baby is stolen?
(b) High tea.
4. What was Cross' wife's name?
5. Who gave Gary Murphy his latest job?
(a) His brother.
(b) His wife's sister.
(c) His wife's brother.
(d) His wife's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knocks Soneji to the ground and saves his life at the restaurant?
2. Who takes Maggie and Michael away from their history class?
3. What is the name of the federal prison that Soneji/Gary goes to?
4. Where does Gary take the kids in his van?
5. Where is the box that Gary plans to hold the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cross lose his temper at the soup kitchen?
2. What happens when Cross is approached by the man as he exits the tram at Disney World?
3. What caused Cross and Sampson to be taken off the investigation of Maggie Rose's kidnapping?
4. Why does Cross find himself sympathizing with the Dunnes?
5. What does Cross see when he gets to the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
6. Why is it important that Cross knows about Soneji's background?
7. What was Gary's childhood like, according to Missy?
8. Why did Cross save Soneji from being shot to death by the sharpshooters?
9. If Gary is able to plead insanity at trial, what happens to him?
10. During the part of the story where the ransom drop is taking place, what is one reason the reader might think that Soneji is not the mastermind of the kidnapping?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)