|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police find when they answer a tip about a box buried in the ground?
(a) Maggie's hair clip.
(b) Maggie's shoe.
(c) Maggie's necklace.
(d) Maggie's sock.
2. Who is Maggie's best friend?
(a) Michael Franklin.
(b) Michael Runner.
(c) Micharl Nielson.
(d) Michael Goldberg.
3. What subject does Mr. Soneji teach?
4. What do the cops do when they approach Cross and the person picking up the ransom demand?
(b) Have stun guns ready.
(c) Have their guns drawn.
(d) Proceed with caution.
5. What state is the body found in that Cross is notified of while examining Michael's bedroom?
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gary sees the cops around his home, how does he sneak out?
2. What restaurant does Soneji take hostage?
3. What kind of test does Murphy take and pass with flying colors?
4. What was Cross' wife's name?
5. Who teaches Maggie and Michael's history class?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Michael and Maggie Rose not like normal children?
2. What can Missy Murphy not understand about her husband Gary?
3. Why does Maggie Rose feel she is in the spotlight?
4. Why is Cross unhappy with his boss in the early part of the story?
5. What does Cross find when he arrives, the first time, to interview Soneji at Lorton Federal Prison in Virginia?
6. What does Cross see when he gets to the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
7. What is one reason that Gary is trying to show, while he is in prison, that he has multiple personalities?
8. Why is Cross drawn to the boy at the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
9. Why is it important that Cross knows about Soneji's background?
10. What happens, on Christmas morning, in the story?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)