|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who knocks Soneji to the ground and saves his life at the restaurant?
(d) The state trooper.
2. What do Cross and Jezzie do after they workout?
(a) Have dinner together.
(b) Go study case files.
(c) Get drinks together.
(d) Go to Cross' room.
3. When Maggie Rose calls out to a stranger who is calling out to her, what does she get?
(b) New clothing.
(c) Death threats.
4. Where does Gary take the kids in his van?
(a) To his apartment.
(b) To the bus station.
(c) To a warehouse.
(d) To an abandoned farm.
5. What do the police do during Gary's daughter's birthday party?
(a) Search neighboring houses.
(b) Execute a warrant.
(c) Continue to watch the house.
(d) Put a tracker on his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cross and his partner speak with the children at the private school?
2. What are the two crimes that Cross wants Gary convicted of?
3. How was Cross' wife killed?
4. What happens to the state trooper who sneaks around the back of the restaurant Soneji is holding hostage?
5. Where does Soneji leave Graham to bleed out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is FBI Special Agent Roger Graham important to the story?
2. Why does Cross lose his temper at the soup kitchen?
3. What happens, on Christmas morning, in the story?
4. Why is Cross drawn to the boy at the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
5. What causes Soneji to take a McDonald's hostage?
6. What does the introduction of the Lindbergh kidnapping at the beginning of the book suggest?
7. If Gary is able to plead insanity at trial, what happens to him?
8. What does Soneji think is funny when he drives through the toll booth?
9. What does the dinner date and mild flirtation between Cross and Jezzie suggest?
10. Why does Cross find himself sympathizing with the Dunnes?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)