|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Maggie and Michael when they are put into the van?
(a) They are undressed.
(b) They are beat up.
(c) They are chloroformed.
(d) They are tied up.
2. What does Gary do at the party while the children play games?
(a) Sits by the pool.
(b) Grills the food.
(c) Plays pool with the other fathers.
(d) Tends the bar.
3. While Cross is examining Michael's bedroom, he gets a call that says a body has been found where?
(a) In a river.
(b) In a dumpster.
(c) In a truck.
(d) In a landfill.
4. What room does the boy kidnap the Lindbergh baby from?
(a) The nursery.
(b) The library.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The living room.
5. How long does Soneji think the anesthetic will keep the children unconscious?
(a) Ten hours.
(b) Eleven hours.
(c) Nine hours.
(d) Twelve hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the black family murdered that Cross goes to investigate?
2. What is Cross trying to prove in his interrogation of Murphy?
3. How does Jezzie Flanagan arrive at the private school for the first time?
4. What does Gary owe money to his latest job for?
5. What meal are the Lindberghs eating when their baby is stolen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the first mention of the press important to the story?
2. What is Gary going to use Ms. Kim to do?
3. What is the difference between what the trial of the Lindbergh kidnapping centered on and what the story at the beginning of the book centers on?
4. Why does Cross find himself sympathizing with the Dunnes?
5. What does Soneji think is funny when he drives through the toll booth?
6. What is one reason that Gary is trying to show, while he is in prison, that he has multiple personalities?
7. What does Jezzie's position as a supervisor in the Secret Service suggest about her?
8. What can Missy Murphy not understand about her husband Gary?
9. Why does Cross think that the murderer in the Langley Terrace case is the same as Ms. Kim's murderer?
10. Why is it important that Cross knows about Soneji's background?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)