|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police find when they answer a tip about a box buried in the ground?
(a) Maggie's shoe.
(b) Maggie's sock.
(c) Maggie's hair clip.
(d) Maggie's necklace.
2. How many state troopers arrive to the restaurant Soneji is taking hostage?
3. Cross sees that Vivian was killed in the same manner as whom?
(a) The women in the toll booth.
(b) The women in Virginia.
(c) The women in Delaware.
(d) The women in Langley Terrace.
4. Who gave Gary Murphy his latest job?
(a) His wife's uncle.
(b) His wife's brother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His wife's sister.
5. Where does the investigative team meet to learn of Graham's death?
(a) Durmst home.
(b) Donner home.
(c) Dunne home.
(d) Drummond home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cross hit when he jumps the pilot of the plane?
2. What happens to the state trooper who sneaks around the back of the restaurant Soneji is holding hostage?
3. Who comes up to Graham's car to speak with him?
4. What is Gary doing when his wife's brother shows up?
5. Where does Soneji go after he passes through the toll booths unnoticed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should the reader think that the chances of survival for Maggie Rose are small?
2. Why does Cross find himself sympathizing with the Dunnes?
3. What has happened to the claims, over the years, that Hauptmann wasn't the real kidnapper in the Lindbergh kidnapping?
4. When Marty tells Gary and Missy that Gary owes Marty's company thousands of dollars, what is Gary thinking about?
5. What does the dinner date and mild flirtation between Cross and Jezzie suggest?
6. What does Cross see when he gets to the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
7. Why is it important that Cross knows about Soneji's background?
8. What happens, on Christmas morning, in the story?
9. Why is the appearance of Maggie's shoe at Ms. Kim's murder scene important?
10. If Gary is able to plead insanity at trial, what happens to him?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)