|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gary's abusive parent lock him up when he was younger?
(c) His room.
2. On what day does Cross go to check out Michael's bedroom?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) New Year's Day.
3. Where does the sharpshooter hit Soneji?
4. What does Gary do at the party while the children play games?
(a) Plays pool with the other fathers.
(b) Grills the food.
(c) Tends the bar.
(d) Sits by the pool.
5. How old is Maggie Rose at the beginning of the story?
(a) Eleven years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Twelve years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Cross' wife killed?
2. What name have Maggie's kidnappers told her to use?
3. Whose house does Gary go to when he sneaks out of his house and returns to Washington, D.C.?
4. What year does the Lindbergh kidnapping occur?
5. How old is the Lindbergh baby when he is kidnapped?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cross think that the murderer in the Langley Terrace case is the same as Ms. Kim's murderer?
2. What caused Cross and Sampson to be taken off the investigation of Maggie Rose's kidnapping?
3. Why does Cross find himself sympathizing with the Dunnes?
4. Why is FBI Special Agent Roger Graham important to the story?
5. Why is Cross drawn to the boy at the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
6. If Gary is able to plead insanity at trial, what happens to him?
7. What was Gary's childhood like, according to Missy?
8. Why is Cross unhappy with his boss in the early part of the story?
9. Why did Cross save Soneji from being shot to death by the sharpshooters?
10. What has happened to the claims, over the years, that Hauptmann wasn't the real kidnapper in the Lindbergh kidnapping?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)