|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What article of Maggie's clothing is found in Gary's basement?
(c) Leg warmers.
2. When does the autopsy report say that Michael was beaten?
(b) While being strangled.
(d) While sleeping.
3. How do Cross and the person picking up the ransom get to the private plane?
(a) By bus.
(b) By car.
(c) By limo.
(d) By motorcycle.
4. When Maggie Rose calls out to a stranger who is calling out to her, what does she get?
(c) New clothing.
(d) Death threats.
5. Where do Cross and his partner speak with the children at the private school?
(a) In the auditorium.
(b) In the cafeteria.
(c) In the playroom.
(d) On the playground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the sharpshooter hit Soneji?
2. How old is Cross' son at the beginning of the story?
3. What room does the boy kidnap the Lindbergh baby from?
4. Where is the box that Gary plans to hold the children?
5. When Gary sees the cops around his home, how does he sneak out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Soneji think is funny when he drives through the toll booth?
2. What is one reason that Gary is trying to show, while he is in prison, that he has multiple personalities?
3. What happens, on Christmas morning, in the story?
4. Why should the reader think that the chances of survival for Maggie Rose are small?
5. What can Missy Murphy not understand about her husband Gary?
6. What happens when Cross is approached by the man as he exits the tram at Disney World?
7. What causes Jezzie to cry for the first time, while she is at the Maryland farm?
8. Why did Cross save Soneji from being shot to death by the sharpshooters?
9. Why is the first mention of the press important to the story?
10. What does Jezzie's position as a supervisor in the Secret Service suggest about her?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)