|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cross play on his front porch?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) The drums.
(d) A piano.
2. Who is Maggie Rose's mother?
(a) Katy Rose.
(b) Karolyn Rose.
(c) Katerina Rose.
(d) Katherine Rose.
3. Where does the investigative team remain after the restaurant hostage situation?
(b) New Jersey.
(d) North Carolina.
4. What do Cross and his partner search, hoping to find someone who sold Soneji his disguise?
(a) Makeup stores.
(b) Drug stores.
(c) Costume stores.
(d) Dollar stores.
5. How many children does Cross have?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of house does the Lindbergh family live?
2. While Cross is examining Michael's bedroom, he gets a call that says a body has been found where?
3. How old is Maggie Rose at the beginning of the story?
4. How old is Cross' son at the beginning of the story?
5. What subject does Mr. Soneji teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the introduction of the Lindbergh kidnapping at the beginning of the book suggest?
2. Why does Cross find himself sympathizing with the Dunnes?
3. Why does Cross lose his temper at the soup kitchen?
4. What do Cross and Sampson find when they first arrive at the private school?
5. What causes Jezzie to cry for the first time, while she is at the Maryland farm?
6. Why is Cross unhappy with his boss in the early part of the story?
7. Why is it important that Cross knows about Soneji's background?
8. What can Missy Murphy not understand about her husband Gary?
9. What does Jezzie's position as a supervisor in the Secret Service suggest about her?
10. What happens, on Christmas morning, in the story?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)