|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jezzie cannot sleep because of thoughts of Michael's death, what does she do?
(a) Goes and rides her motorcycle.
(b) Goes walking.
(c) Goes running.
(d) Goes and works out.
2. What does Gary do at the party while the children play games?
(a) Tends the bar.
(b) Grills the food.
(c) Plays pool with the other fathers.
(d) Sits by the pool.
3. How old is the boy who kidnaps the Lindbergh baby?
4. What position does Jezzie Flanagan hold?
(d) Desk secretary.
5. What do the police find when they answer a tip about a box buried in the ground?
(a) Maggie's shoe.
(b) Maggie's hair clip.
(c) Maggie's sock.
(d) Maggie's necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cross arrives at the federal prison to speak to Gary, why does Gary say he stopped at the restaurant?
2. Where do Cross and the mayor drive to talk about the kidnapping investigation?
3. Alex Cross holds what job?
4. What is Cross trying to prove in his interrogation of Murphy?
5. Where does the investigative team remain after the restaurant hostage situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Maggie is underground and a bright light appears, what does she do?
2. If Gary is able to plead insanity at trial, what happens to him?
3. Why does Cross lose his temper at the soup kitchen?
4. What does Cross find when he arrives, the first time, to interview Soneji at Lorton Federal Prison in Virginia?
5. Why does Cross think that the murderer in the Langley Terrace case is the same as Ms. Kim's murderer?
6. When Marty tells Gary and Missy that Gary owes Marty's company thousands of dollars, what is Gary thinking about?
7. What was Gary's childhood like, according to Missy?
8. During the part of the story where the ransom drop is taking place, what is one reason the reader might think that Soneji is not the mastermind of the kidnapping?
9. Why is FBI Special Agent Roger Graham important to the story?
10. Why does Maggie Rose feel she is in the spotlight?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)