|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What restaurant does Soneji take hostage?
(a) Burger King.
(c) Carl's Junior.
2. What does the note on Graham's body tell the investigators not to steal?
(a) The limelight.
(b) The television coverage.
(c) The story.
(d) The headlines.
3. Who is Maggie Rose's mother?
(a) Katerina Rose.
(b) Katy Rose.
(c) Katherine Rose.
(d) Karolyn Rose.
4. Who asks, specifically, for Cross to investigate the Maggie Rose kidnapping?
(a) The Senator.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The Secret Service.
(d) The Representative.
5. What was Cross' wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name have Maggie's kidnappers told her to use?
2. What does the boy use to get into the house to kidnap the Lindbergh baby?
3. Where do Cross and the mayor drive to talk about the kidnapping investigation?
4. Cross sees that Vivian was killed in the same manner as whom?
5. When Maggie Rose calls out to a stranger who is calling out to her, what does she get?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can Missy Murphy not understand about her husband Gary?
2. What happens, on Christmas morning, in the story?
3. What is Gary going to use Ms. Kim to do?
4. What does the dinner date and mild flirtation between Cross and Jezzie suggest?
5. What caused Cross and Sampson to be taken off the investigation of Maggie Rose's kidnapping?
6. Why should the reader think that the chances of survival for Maggie Rose are small?
7. How does Gary convince many officials that he might truly have multiple personalities?
8. What does the introduction of the Lindbergh kidnapping at the beginning of the book suggest?
9. When Marty tells Gary and Missy that Gary owes Marty's company thousands of dollars, what is Gary thinking about?
10. What was Gary's childhood like, according to Missy?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)