|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cross and his partner search, hoping to find someone who sold Soneji his disguise?
(a) Dollar stores.
(b) Costume stores.
(c) Drug stores.
(d) Makeup stores.
2. When Gary returns to his home in Delaware, how old is his daughter turning?
3. Who knocks Soneji to the ground and saves his life at the restaurant?
(c) The state trooper.
4. When Maggie Rose calls out to a stranger who is calling out to her, what does she get?
(a) Death threats.
(b) New clothing.
5. During further discussions, what does Cross try and get Gary to talk about?
(a) His crimes.
(b) Past blackouts.
(c) Past family history.
(d) His guilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gary's wife's brother who shows up at their house to give his wife her allowance?
2. Where is the location that Soneji takes the children to in the van?
3. Who is Maggie Rose's mother?
4. Where has Cross volunteered for years?
5. Where does Soneji cut Graham?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross find when he arrives, the first time, to interview Soneji at Lorton Federal Prison in Virginia?
2. What happens when Cross is approached by the man as he exits the tram at Disney World?
3. When Maggie is underground and a bright light appears, what does she do?
4. Why does Cross lose his temper at the soup kitchen?
5. If Gary is able to plead insanity at trial, what happens to him?
6. During the part of the story where the ransom drop is taking place, what is one reason the reader might think that Soneji is not the mastermind of the kidnapping?
7. What does Soneji think is funny when he drives through the toll booth?
8. Why should the reader think that the chances of survival for Maggie Rose are small?
9. What proves to the police that the location in Maryland is where Maggie and Michael were held?
10. What caused Cross and Sampson to be taken off the investigation of Maggie Rose's kidnapping?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)