|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day does Cross go to check out Michael's bedroom?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) Christmas Day.
2. Where does Soneji cut Graham?
(a) The throat.
(b) The eyes.
(c) The stomach.
(d) The arms.
3. What article of Maggie's clothing is found in Gary's basement?
(b) Leg warmers.
4. How long do Cross and the private plane wait on the small island?
(a) Until midnight.
(b) Until sundown.
(c) Until dawn.
(d) Until sunrise.
5. What is Cross' partner's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maggie Rose calls out to a stranger who is calling out to her, what does she get?
2. How long does Soneji think the anesthetic will keep the children unconscious?
3. While Jezzie is driving to the farm after visiting Cross, what is Maggie doing?
4. When Jezzie cannot sleep because of thoughts of Michael's death, what does she do?
5. How many state troopers arrive to the restaurant Soneji is taking hostage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the first mention of the press important to the story?
2. What does Cross' research in the kidnapper's apartment suggest?
3. What is the Lindbergh kidnapping?
4. During the part of the story where the ransom drop is taking place, what is one reason the reader might think that Soneji is not the mastermind of the kidnapping?
5. What happens when Cross is approached by the man as he exits the tram at Disney World?
6. What is one reason that Gary is trying to show, while he is in prison, that he has multiple personalities?
7. Why did Cross save Soneji from being shot to death by the sharpshooters?
8. What has happened to the claims, over the years, that Hauptmann wasn't the real kidnapper in the Lindbergh kidnapping?
9. What does Cross see when he gets to the murder scene in Langley Terrace?
10. What causes Jezzie to cry for the first time, while she is at the Maryland farm?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)