|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Devine tell Cross the information he wants is located?
(a) In the computer system.
(b) In the logs.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the reports.
2. Who does Cross ask for permission to hypnotize Murphy?
(a) The district attorney.
(b) The judge.
(c) The warden.
(d) The guards.
3. From what type of paper was the reporter who got a picture of Jezzie and Cross at a hotel?
(b) Crime-focused paper.
(c) News reporting agency.
(d) Financial news.
4. How does Soneji get away from the prison with the supervisor?
(a) On foot.
(b) In a car.
(c) On motorcycles.
(d) On the bus.
5. Who does Cross run into after he has testified and has left the courtroom?
(a) Mrs. Rose.
(b) Mr. Dunne.
(c) Mr. Goldberg.
(d) Mrs. Goldberg.
6. Where was Devine found murdered?
(a) In his hotel room.
(b) At his mother's house.
(c) In the locker room.
(d) At his gym.
7. What does the defense attorney suggest Cross do, in the courtroom, to Murphy?
(a) Hypnotize him.
(b) Talk with him.
(c) Evaluate him.
(d) Test him.
8. Where does Soneji direct a supervisor from the prison to go in order to find some money from the ransom?
(a) The yard of the farm where Maggie was held.
(b) The ceiling of the farm where Maggie was held.
(c) The wall of the farm where Maggie was held.
(d) The loft of the farm where Maggie was held.
9. What is the job of Cross' friend that helps Cross get permission to hypnotize Murphy?
10. Who does Cross talk to about the information that Jezzie may be involved in Maggie's kidnapping.
11. What does Soneji threaten Devine with to discover the location of the ransom money?
(a) Being buried alive.
12. When Cross learns Maggie's location, who does he take to get her?
(a) Katherine Rose and her husband.
(b) Maggie's father.
(c) Katherine Rose.
13. What happens to Devine's partner?
(a) He committs suicide.
(b) Soneji murders him.
(c) He evades escape and leaves the country.
(d) He is put to death.
14. The Monday after Cross and Jezzie go to Jezzie's summer home, who is the first witness on the stand?
15. Who does Soneji take hostage after leaving Cross' house?
(a) A cop.
(b) A press reporter.
(c) Two adults.
(d) Two small children.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month do Cross and Jezzie take their first trip to the Virgin Islands?
2. Where do Jezzie and Cross try to go, and Cross gets into a fight?
3. How long was Maggie warned she will be in darkness if she runs away?
4. Who is posted outside Devine's hotel room?
5. According to the mother that Cross re-interviews, where was the man who was with Soneji at the Sanders murder?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)