|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Soneji at the Cross home?
(a) To kill the Cross children.
(b) To kill the whole family.
(c) To kill Cross.
(d) To kill Nana Mama.
2. Where does Devine tell Cross the information he wants is located?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the reports.
(c) In the computer system.
(d) In the logs.
3. Who is present to watch Soneji's final showdown with Cross?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The press.
(c) The Secret Service agents.
4. How does Soneji get away from the prison with the supervisor?
(a) On motorcycles.
(b) In a car.
(c) On foot.
(d) On the bus.
5. Why are Jezzie and Cross a controversial couple?
(a) They are different socio-economic classes.
(b) They are both married.
(c) They are different races.
(d) They are both cops.
6. What does the defense attorney suggest Cross do, in the courtroom, to Murphy?
(a) Hypnotize him.
(b) Test him.
(c) Evaluate him.
(d) Talk with him.
7. What is the name of the prison that Soneji is being held in after his trial?
8. What was Jezzie's sentence for kidnapping and murder?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) Life in a work camp.
(c) Life in solitary.
9. What happens to Devine's partner?
(a) He evades escape and leaves the country.
(b) He is put to death.
(c) He committs suicide.
(d) Soneji murders him.
10. While Jezzie and Cross are sleeping, what is burnt in Jezzie's front yard?
(a) A cross.
(b) An effigy.
(c) A car.
(d) A bonfire.
11. According to the mother that Cross re-interviews, where was the man who was with Soneji at the Sanders murder?
(a) In another car.
(b) In the same car.
(c) Around the cornerr.
(d) Down the street.
12. What does Cross stab Soneji with?
(a) A kitchen knife.
(b) A pair of scissors.
(c) A butcher knife.
(d) A pen.
13. At Murphy's trial, the defense calls many what?
(a) Criminology experts.
(b) Family members.
(d) Character witnesses.
14. When Cross learns Maggie's location, who does he take to get her?
(b) Katherine Rose.
(c) Maggie's father.
(d) Katherine Rose and her husband.
15. How long was Maggie warned she will be in darkness if she runs away?
(a) One day.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cross hypnotizes Murphy, what memories does he discover?
2. Who warns Cross away from a relationship with Jezzie?
3. Where does Cross take the information that Soneji gives him?
4. What characterizes Cross' reaction to Murphy's reaction to his wife's grief?
5. Where is Soneji spotted after he leaves the Cross home?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)