|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the defense attorney suggest Cross do, in the courtroom, to Murphy?
(a) Evaluate him.
(b) Test him.
(c) Hypnotize him.
(d) Talk with him.
2. When Cross hypnotizes Murphy, what memories does he discover?
(a) Memories of Maggie Rose being attacked.
(b) Memories of attacking other women.
(c) Memories of Soneji attacking people at the restaurant.
(d) Memories of Michael being attacked.
3. Why is Soneji at the Cross home?
(a) To kill Nana Mama.
(b) To kill Cross.
(c) To kill the Cross children.
(d) To kill the whole family.
4. Who warns Cross away from a relationship with Jezzie?
(a) Cross' father.
(b) Cross' grandmother.
(c) Cross' daughter.
(d) Cross' aunt.
5. Who is Mike Devine?
(a) An FBI agent.
(b) A federal prison guard.
(c) A Secret Service agent.
(d) A police detective.
6. What does Soneji do to the supervisor at the farm?
(a) Leaves him there alone.
(b) Ties him up to burn him.
(c) Buries him alive.
(d) Kills him.
7. What does Soneji do in his cell in order to get the supervisor called in?
(a) Throws up violently.
(b) Starts yelling loudly.
(c) Slices his wrists.
(d) Attempts suicide.
8. Where does Cross find Soneji in his house?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the children's room.
9. Who does Soneji take hostage after leaving Cross' house?
(a) A cop.
(b) Two small children.
(c) A press reporter.
(d) Two adults.
10. From where was the reporter from who got a picture of Jezzie and Cross at a hotel?
(a) The National Star.
(b) The Universal News.
(c) The Weekly Paper.
(d) The Daily Dish.
11. Who shoots Soneji?
(b) The FBI.
(d) A Secret Service agent.
12. According to the mother that Cross re-interviews, where was the man who was with Soneji at the Sanders murder?
(a) In another car.
(b) Around the cornerr.
(c) Down the street.
(d) In the same car.
13. When Cross learns Maggie's location, who does he take to get her?
(b) Katherine Rose.
(c) Maggie's father.
(d) Katherine Rose and her husband.
14. How long do Jezzie and Cross stay at the Virgin Islands the first time?
(a) Five days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) A week.
(d) Two weeks.
15. Who believes that Jezzie and Devine have been lovers for years?
(a) Homeland Security.
(b) The Treasury Department.
(c) The Secret Service.
(d) The FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Cross and Jezzie when Jezzie says they have to end their relationship?
2. At Murphy's trial, the defense calls many what?
3. Where was Devine found murdered?
4. What is the reaction of the people in the courtroom after Murphy is convicted?
5. When Cross returns home from the Virgin Islands, where does his partner ask him to go?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)