|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Devine's partner?
(a) He is put to death.
(b) Soneji murders him.
(c) He evades escape and leaves the country.
(d) He committs suicide.
2. When Murphy is reciting memories under hypnotism, what does he do to Cross?
(a) Deceive him.
(b) Run around him.
(c) Attack him.
(d) Talk to him.
3. Who shoots Soneji?
(a) The FBI.
(b) A Secret Service agent.
4. Where does Devine tell Cross the information he wants is located?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the reports.
(c) In the logs.
(d) In the computer system.
5. Where does Cross find Soneji in his house?
(a) In the children's room.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
6. Where are Cross and Jezzie when she confesses her part in the kidnapping?
(a) Their hotel room.
(b) The spa.
(c) An isolated island.
(d) On the beach.
7. At Murphy's trial, the defense calls many what?
(a) Criminology experts.
(b) Character witnesses.
(d) Family members.
8. How long do Jezzie and Cross stay at the Virgin Islands the first time?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Five days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) A week.
9. How does Soneji get away from the prison with the supervisor?
(a) On the bus.
(b) On motorcycles.
(c) On foot.
(d) In a car.
10. What does the defense attorney suggest Cross do, in the courtroom, to Murphy?
(a) Talk with him.
(b) Evaluate him.
(c) Hypnotize him.
(d) Test him.
11. How long was Maggie warned she will be in darkness if she runs away?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
12. What is the job of Cross' friend that helps Cross get permission to hypnotize Murphy?
13. When Cross hypnotizes Murphy, what memories does he discover?
(a) Memories of Soneji attacking people at the restaurant.
(b) Memories of attacking other women.
(c) Memories of Maggie Rose being attacked.
(d) Memories of Michael being attacked.
14. What does Cross stab Soneji with?
(a) A kitchen knife.
(b) A pen.
(c) A butcher knife.
(d) A pair of scissors.
15. Where do Jezzie and Cross try to go, and Cross gets into a fight?
(b) Football game.
(c) Basketball game.
(d) Hockey game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prison that Soneji is being held in after his trial?
2. From where was the reporter from who got a picture of Jezzie and Cross at a hotel?
3. The Monday after Cross and Jezzie go to Jezzie's summer home, who is the first witness on the stand?
4. Where are Cross and Jezzie when Jezzie says they have to end their relationship?
5. What was Jezzie's sentence for kidnapping and murder?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)