|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characterizes Cross' reaction to Murphy's reaction to his wife's grief?
2. What is the reaction of the people in the courtroom after Murphy is convicted?
3. What was Jezzie's sentence for kidnapping and murder?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) Life in solitary.
(d) Life in a work camp.
4. What is Soneji's sentence for his role in everything?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) 25 years to life.
(d) 50 years to life.
5. Who is the surprise witness at the end of the day for the defense?
(c) Murphy's wife.
(d) Murphy's daughter.
6. Who does Soneji believe took Maggie Rose?
(a) The Secret Service agents.
(b) Her parents.
7. Where does Cross find Soneji in his house?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the children's room.
8. Why is Soneji at the Cross home?
(a) To kill the whole family.
(b) To kill the Cross children.
(c) To kill Cross.
(d) To kill Nana Mama.
9. What happens to Devine's partner?
(a) He committs suicide.
(b) He evades escape and leaves the country.
(c) He is put to death.
(d) Soneji murders him.
10. Where does Cross take the information that Soneji gives him?
(a) To the Secret Service.
(b) To the FBI.
(c) To internal affairs.
(d) To the investigative team.
11. When Murphy is reciting memories under hypnotism, what does he do to Cross?
(a) Attack him.
(b) Deceive him.
(c) Talk to him.
(d) Run around him.
12. Who shoots Soneji?
(a) A Secret Service agent.
(d) The FBI.
13. At Murphy's trial, the defense calls many what?
(a) Criminology experts.
(b) Character witnesses.
(d) Family members.
14. When Cross tries to get in touch with Jezzie after the picture, where does he learn she went?
(a) Her friend's home.
(b) Her summer home.
(c) Her cousin's home
(d) Her parent's home.
15. Where does Devine want Jezzie to run off with him to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Cross away from a relationship with Jezzie?
2. According to the mother that Cross re-interviews, where was the man who was with Soneji at the Sanders murder?
3. While Jezzie and Cross are sleeping, what is burnt in Jezzie's front yard?
4. Where are Cross and Jezzie when she confesses her part in the kidnapping?
5. Where does Jezzie say Maggie is?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)