|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Soneji take hostage after leaving Cross' house?
(a) A cop.
(b) Two small children.
(c) A press reporter.
(d) Two adults.
2. What is the name of the prison that Soneji is being held in after his trial?
3. How does Soneji get away from the prison with the supervisor?
(a) On motorcycles.
(b) On the bus.
(c) In a car.
(d) On foot.
4. Why are Jezzie and Cross a controversial couple?
(a) They are both married.
(b) They are both cops.
(c) They are different races.
(d) They are different socio-economic classes.
5. When Cross learns Maggie's location, who does he take to get her?
(a) Katherine Rose.
(b) Maggie's father.
(d) Katherine Rose and her husband.
6. Who hears Soneji moving through the house and alerts Cross?
(a) Cross' daughter.
(b) Cross' dog.
(c) Nana Mama.
(d) Cross' son.
7. Where does Devine want Jezzie to run off with him to?
8. Where does Soneji direct a supervisor from the prison to go in order to find some money from the ransom?
(a) The loft of the farm where Maggie was held.
(b) The ceiling of the farm where Maggie was held.
(c) The yard of the farm where Maggie was held.
(d) The wall of the farm where Maggie was held.
9. What does Cross stab Soneji with?
(a) A pair of scissors.
(b) A butcher knife.
(c) A kitchen knife.
(d) A pen.
10. According to the mother that Cross re-interviews, where was the man who was with Soneji at the Sanders murder?
(a) Down the street.
(b) In another car.
(c) Around the cornerr.
(d) In the same car.
11. What does Soneji do in his cell in order to get the supervisor called in?
(a) Starts yelling loudly.
(b) Slices his wrists.
(c) Throws up violently.
(d) Attempts suicide.
12. Where does Cross find Soneji in his house?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the children's room.
(d) In the bathroom.
13. While Jezzie and Cross are sleeping, what is burnt in Jezzie's front yard?
(a) A car.
(b) An effigy.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A cross.
14. Who does Cross talk to about the information that Jezzie may be involved in Maggie's kidnapping.
15. What does Soneji do to the supervisor at the farm?
(a) Ties him up to burn him.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Buries him alive.
(d) Leaves him there alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Monday after Cross and Jezzie go to Jezzie's summer home, who is the first witness on the stand?
2. What was Jezzie's sentence for kidnapping and murder?
3. Where is Jezzie when she gives Cross Maggie's location?
4. What does Soneji threaten Devine with to discover the location of the ransom money?
5. Who does Cross re-interview to find out more about the kidnapping of Maggie Rose once he becomes obsessed with finding her?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)