|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the defense attorney suggest Cross do, in the courtroom, to Murphy?
(a) Evaluate him.
(b) Talk with him.
(c) Hypnotize him.
(d) Test him.
2. How long do Jezzie and Cross stay at the Virgin Islands the first time?
(a) Five days.
(b) A week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Ten days.
3. Who does Cross ask for permission to hypnotize Murphy?
(a) The warden.
(b) The district attorney.
(c) The judge.
(d) The guards.
4. Why are Jezzie and Cross a controversial couple?
(a) They are different races.
(b) They are both married.
(c) They are different socio-economic classes.
(d) They are both cops.
5. What is the job of Cross' friend that helps Cross get permission to hypnotize Murphy?
6. Where does Cross take the information that Soneji gives him?
(a) To the FBI.
(b) To internal affairs.
(c) To the Secret Service.
(d) To the investigative team.
7. Where was Devine found murdered?
(a) In his hotel room.
(b) At his mother's house.
(c) In the locker room.
(d) At his gym.
8. Where is the door that Soneji and the supervisor escape from?
(a) In the prison's basement.
(b) In the prison's laundry.
(c) In the prison's visitor's area.
(d) In the prison's infirmary.
9. While Jezzie and Cross are sleeping, what is burnt in Jezzie's front yard?
(a) A car.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) A cross.
(d) An effigy.
10. Who warns Cross away from a relationship with Jezzie?
(a) Cross' daughter.
(b) Cross' grandmother.
(c) Cross' aunt.
(d) Cross' father.
11. What is Soneji's sentence for his role in everything?
(b) 25 years to life.
(c) 50 years to life.
(d) Life in prison.
12. From where was the reporter from who got a picture of Jezzie and Cross at a hotel?
(a) The National Star.
(b) The Universal News.
(c) The Daily Dish.
(d) The Weekly Paper.
13. Where is Soneji spotted after he leaves the Cross home?
(a) In front of the Capitol.
(b) At the Washington Monument.
(c) At the Smithsonean.
(d) In front of the White House.
14. Where does Devine want Jezzie to run off with him to?
15. What does Cross stab Soneji with?
(a) A butcher knife.
(b) A pen.
(c) A kitchen knife.
(d) A pair of scissors.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cross tries to get in touch with Jezzie after the picture, where does he learn she went?
2. Where is Jezzie's summer house located?
3. Where does Cross find Soneji in his house?
4. How does Soneji get away from the prison with the supervisor?
5. Who does Cross talk to about the information that Jezzie may be involved in Maggie's kidnapping.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)