|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does Murphy's trial begin?
2. Where is Jezzie's summer house located?
(a) South Carolina.
(c) West Virginia.
(d) North Carolina.
3. Who believes that Jezzie and Devine have been lovers for years?
(a) The Treasury Department.
(b) Homeland Security.
(c) The Secret Service.
(d) The FBI.
4. Who is Mike Devine?
(a) An FBI agent.
(b) A police detective.
(c) A Secret Service agent.
(d) A federal prison guard.
5. Where was Devine found murdered?
(a) In the locker room.
(b) At his gym.
(c) In his hotel room.
(d) At his mother's house.
6. Where is Soneji spotted after he leaves the Cross home?
(a) At the Washington Monument.
(b) In front of the White House.
(c) At the Smithsonean.
(d) In front of the Capitol.
7. Why are Jezzie and Cross a controversial couple?
(a) They are both cops.
(b) They are different socio-economic classes.
(c) They are different races.
(d) They are both married.
8. When Cross hypnotizes Murphy, what memories does he discover?
(a) Memories of attacking other women.
(b) Memories of Maggie Rose being attacked.
(c) Memories of Soneji attacking people at the restaurant.
(d) Memories of Michael being attacked.
9. Where is Jezzie when she gives Cross Maggie's location?
(a) Police station.
(b) Her house.
(d) A car.
10. How does Soneji get away from the prison with the supervisor?
(a) On the bus.
(b) On foot.
(c) On motorcycles.
(d) In a car.
11. What is the job of Cross' friend that helps Cross get permission to hypnotize Murphy?
12. Where does Soneji direct a supervisor from the prison to go in order to find some money from the ransom?
(a) The yard of the farm where Maggie was held.
(b) The loft of the farm where Maggie was held.
(c) The wall of the farm where Maggie was held.
(d) The ceiling of the farm where Maggie was held.
13. When Cross tries to get in touch with Jezzie after the picture, where does he learn she went?
(a) Her parent's home.
(b) Her summer home.
(c) Her cousin's home
(d) Her friend's home.
14. While Jezzie and Cross are sleeping, what is burnt in Jezzie's front yard?
(a) A car.
(b) An effigy.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A cross.
15. What was Jezzie's sentence for kidnapping and murder?
(a) Life in a work camp.
(b) Life in prison.
(d) Life in solitary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Soneji take hostage after leaving Cross' house?
2. What does the defense attorney suggest Cross do, in the courtroom, to Murphy?
3. Who does Soneji believe took Maggie Rose?
4. When Cross returns home from the Virgin Islands, where does his partner ask him to go?
5. Where does Cross take the information that Soneji gives him?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)