|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Cross is interviewing Gary after his trip to the Virgin Islands, what is Maggie doing?
(a) Babysitting other kids.
(b) Making clothes.
(c) Climbing trees.
(d) Picking fruit.
2. What does Soneji do in his cell in order to get the supervisor called in?
(a) Attempts suicide.
(b) Throws up violently.
(c) Slices his wrists.
(d) Starts yelling loudly.
3. Where is Soneji spotted after he leaves the Cross home?
(a) In front of the White House.
(b) At the Washington Monument.
(c) At the Smithsonean.
(d) In front of the Capitol.
4. How long was Maggie warned she will be in darkness if she runs away?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
5. Where does Cross find Soneji in his house?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the children's room.
6. Why is Soneji at the Cross home?
(a) To kill Nana Mama.
(b) To kill the whole family.
(c) To kill Cross.
(d) To kill the Cross children.
7. What is the reaction of the people in the courtroom after Murphy is convicted?
8. What is the job of Cross' friend that helps Cross get permission to hypnotize Murphy?
9. Who is posted outside Devine's hotel room?
(a) Two Secret Service agents.
(b) Two police detectives.
(c) The FBI.
(d) Two Treasury investigators.
10. What characterizes Cross' reaction to Murphy's reaction to his wife's grief?
11. Where does Soneji direct a supervisor from the prison to go in order to find some money from the ransom?
(a) The ceiling of the farm where Maggie was held.
(b) The wall of the farm where Maggie was held.
(c) The yard of the farm where Maggie was held.
(d) The loft of the farm where Maggie was held.
12. Who does Cross ask for permission to hypnotize Murphy?
(a) The district attorney.
(b) The warden.
(c) The guards.
(d) The judge.
13. What is Soneji's sentence for his role in everything?
(a) 25 years to life.
(b) Life in prison.
(d) 50 years to life.
14. When Cross returns home from the Virgin Islands, where does his partner ask him to go?
(a) Sanders home.
(b) Sunners home.
(c) Shaffers home.
(d) Strummons home.
15. Who does Cross run into after he has testified and has left the courtroom?
(a) Mrs. Rose.
(b) Mr. Goldberg.
(c) Mr. Dunne.
(d) Mrs. Goldberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cross learns Maggie's location, who does he take to get her?
2. At Murphy's trial, the defense calls many what?
3. Who hears Soneji moving through the house and alerts Cross?
4. While Jezzie and Cross are sleeping, what is burnt in Jezzie's front yard?
5. Where do Jezzie and Cross try to go, and Cross gets into a fight?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)