|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Cross and Jezzie when Jezzie says they have to end their relationship?
(b) Cross' house.
(c) The Virgin Islands.
(d) Jezzie's summer home.
2. Where is Jezzie when she gives Cross Maggie's location?
(b) Police station.
(c) Her house.
(d) A car.
3. Who is Mike Devine?
(a) An FBI agent.
(b) A police detective.
(c) A Secret Service agent.
(d) A federal prison guard.
4. Who does Cross talk to about the information that Jezzie may be involved in Maggie's kidnapping.
5. When Cross learns Maggie's location, who does he take to get her?
(b) Katherine Rose.
(c) Katherine Rose and her husband.
(d) Maggie's father.
6. Where was Devine found murdered?
(a) In his hotel room.
(b) At his mother's house.
(c) In the locker room.
(d) At his gym.
7. When Murphy is reciting memories under hypnotism, what does he do to Cross?
(a) Talk to him.
(b) Run around him.
(c) Attack him.
(d) Deceive him.
8. What was Jezzie's sentence for kidnapping and murder?
(b) Life in prison.
(c) Life in a work camp.
(d) Life in solitary.
9. Where does Devine tell Cross the information he wants is located?
(a) In the reports.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the computer system.
(d) In the logs.
10. Who believes that Jezzie and Devine have been lovers for years?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The Secret Service.
(c) Homeland Security.
(d) The Treasury Department.
11. Who warns Cross away from a relationship with Jezzie?
(a) Cross' aunt.
(b) Cross' father.
(c) Cross' daughter.
(d) Cross' grandmother.
12. Who is present to watch Soneji's final showdown with Cross?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The press.
(c) The Secret Service agents.
13. Why is Soneji at the Cross home?
(a) To kill the Cross children.
(b) To kill Nana Mama.
(c) To kill the whole family.
(d) To kill Cross.
14. What characterizes Cross' reaction to Murphy's reaction to his wife's grief?
15. Who does Cross re-interview to find out more about the kidnapping of Maggie Rose once he becomes obsessed with finding her?
(a) The witness who lived around the corner from the Sanders.
(b) The witness who lived down the street from the Sanders.
(c) The witness who lived across the street from the Sanders.
(d) The witness who lived next door to the Sanders.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cross hypnotizes Murphy, what memories does he discover?
2. Who does Cross run into after he has testified and has left the courtroom?
3. Who is posted outside Devine's hotel room?
4. In what month does Murphy's trial begin?
5. In what month do Cross and Jezzie take their first trip to the Virgin Islands?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)