|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Devine's partner?
(a) Soneji murders him.
(b) He evades escape and leaves the country.
(c) He is put to death.
(d) He committs suicide.
2. Who shoots Soneji?
(a) A Secret Service agent.
(d) The FBI.
3. Where does Devine want Jezzie to run off with him to?
4. Where do Jezzie and Cross try to go, and Cross gets into a fight?
(a) Football game.
(b) Basketball game.
(d) Hockey game.
5. What is the job of Cross' friend that helps Cross get permission to hypnotize Murphy?
6. Who does Cross talk to about the information that Jezzie may be involved in Maggie's kidnapping.
7. Who does Cross ask for permission to hypnotize Murphy?
(a) The guards.
(b) The warden.
(c) The judge.
(d) The district attorney.
8. Where are Cross and Jezzie when Jezzie says they have to end their relationship?
(b) Cross' house.
(c) The Virgin Islands.
(d) Jezzie's summer home.
9. When Cross tries to get in touch with Jezzie after the picture, where does he learn she went?
(a) Her cousin's home
(b) Her parent's home.
(c) Her summer home.
(d) Her friend's home.
10. Where is Soneji spotted after he leaves the Cross home?
(a) At the Washington Monument.
(b) At the Smithsonean.
(c) In front of the Capitol.
(d) In front of the White House.
11. When Cross learns Maggie's location, who does he take to get her?
(a) Maggie's father.
(b) Katherine Rose and her husband.
(c) Katherine Rose.
12. Where is Jezzie when she gives Cross Maggie's location?
(b) Her house.
(c) A car.
(d) Police station.
13. Who is posted outside Devine's hotel room?
(a) Two police detectives.
(b) Two Treasury investigators.
(c) Two Secret Service agents.
(d) The FBI.
14. In what month do Cross and Jezzie take their first trip to the Virgin Islands?
15. From what type of paper was the reporter who got a picture of Jezzie and Cross at a hotel?
(b) Financial news.
(c) Crime-focused paper.
(d) News reporting agency.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cross re-interview to find out more about the kidnapping of Maggie Rose once he becomes obsessed with finding her?
2. When Cross hypnotizes Murphy, what memories does he discover?
3. What is the reaction of the people in the courtroom after Murphy is convicted?
4. How does Soneji get away from the prison with the supervisor?
5. The Monday after Cross and Jezzie go to Jezzie's summer home, who is the first witness on the stand?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)