|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cross hypnotizes Murphy, what memories does he discover?
(a) Memories of Soneji attacking people at the restaurant.
(b) Memories of Michael being attacked.
(c) Memories of attacking other women.
(d) Memories of Maggie Rose being attacked.
2. When Cross returns home from the Virgin Islands, where does his partner ask him to go?
(a) Strummons home.
(b) Shaffers home.
(c) Sunners home.
(d) Sanders home.
3. Why is Soneji at the Cross home?
(a) To kill the Cross children.
(b) To kill Cross.
(c) To kill Nana Mama.
(d) To kill the whole family.
4. At Murphy's trial, the defense calls many what?
(a) Criminology experts.
(b) Family members.
(d) Character witnesses.
5. Where is Soneji spotted after he leaves the Cross home?
(a) In front of the White House.
(b) At the Smithsonean.
(c) At the Washington Monument.
(d) In front of the Capitol.
6. Where are Cross and Jezzie when Jezzie says they have to end their relationship?
(a) The Virgin Islands.
(c) Cross' house.
(d) Jezzie's summer home.
7. What does the defense attorney suggest Cross do, in the courtroom, to Murphy?
(a) Evaluate him.
(b) Test him.
(c) Hypnotize him.
(d) Talk with him.
8. Why are Jezzie and Cross a controversial couple?
(a) They are different socio-economic classes.
(b) They are both married.
(c) They are both cops.
(d) They are different races.
9. Who is the surprise witness at the end of the day for the defense?
(b) Murphy's daughter.
(c) Murphy's wife.
10. What does Jezzie walk out to, after discovering someone in the house?
(a) The dock.
(b) The park.
(c) The driveway.
(d) The front yard.
11. Who is posted outside Devine's hotel room?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Two Secret Service agents.
(c) Two police detectives.
(d) Two Treasury investigators.
12. What does Soneji do to the supervisor at the farm?
(a) Kills him.
(b) Ties him up to burn him.
(c) Leaves him there alone.
(d) Buries him alive.
13. What happens to Devine's partner?
(a) He is put to death.
(b) He committs suicide.
(c) He evades escape and leaves the country.
(d) Soneji murders him.
14. Who does Cross run into after he has testified and has left the courtroom?
(a) Mr. Dunne.
(b) Mr. Goldberg.
(c) Mrs. Goldberg.
(d) Mrs. Rose.
15. When Cross learns Maggie's location, who does he take to get her?
(a) Maggie's father.
(b) Katherine Rose and her husband.
(d) Katherine Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Devine tell Cross the information he wants is located?
2. How does Soneji get away from the prison with the supervisor?
3. Where does Cross take the information that Soneji gives him?
4. Where do Jezzie and Cross try to go, and Cross gets into a fight?
5. Who hears Soneji moving through the house and alerts Cross?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)