|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Soneji direct a supervisor from the prison to go in order to find some money from the ransom?
(a) The wall of the farm where Maggie was held.
(b) The loft of the farm where Maggie was held.
(c) The ceiling of the farm where Maggie was held.
(d) The yard of the farm where Maggie was held.
2. Who believes that Jezzie and Devine have been lovers for years?
(a) The Secret Service.
(b) The Treasury Department.
(c) The FBI.
(d) Homeland Security.
3. Who warns Cross away from a relationship with Jezzie?
(a) Cross' aunt.
(b) Cross' grandmother.
(c) Cross' father.
(d) Cross' daughter.
4. What is the job of Cross' friend that helps Cross get permission to hypnotize Murphy?
5. When Cross hypnotizes Murphy, what memories does he discover?
(a) Memories of Soneji attacking people at the restaurant.
(b) Memories of attacking other women.
(c) Memories of Maggie Rose being attacked.
(d) Memories of Michael being attacked.
6. Who is present to watch Soneji's final showdown with Cross?
(a) The Secret Service agents.
(b) The press.
(d) The mayor.
7. Who is the surprise witness at the end of the day for the defense?
(a) Murphy's wife.
(c) Murphy's daughter.
8. The Monday after Cross and Jezzie go to Jezzie's summer home, who is the first witness on the stand?
9. Who shoots Soneji?
(a) A Secret Service agent.
(c) The FBI.
10. Who does Cross run into after he has testified and has left the courtroom?
(a) Mr. Goldberg.
(b) Mrs. Goldberg.
(c) Mrs. Rose.
(d) Mr. Dunne.
11. According to the mother that Cross re-interviews, where was the man who was with Soneji at the Sanders murder?
(a) Around the cornerr.
(b) In another car.
(c) In the same car.
(d) Down the street.
12. Who does Soneji take hostage after leaving Cross' house?
(a) A press reporter.
(b) Two small children.
(c) Two adults.
(d) A cop.
13. Why is Soneji at the Cross home?
(a) To kill Nana Mama.
(b) To kill Cross.
(c) To kill the whole family.
(d) To kill the Cross children.
14. When Cross learns Maggie's location, who does he take to get her?
(a) Katherine Rose.
(b) Katherine Rose and her husband.
(d) Maggie's father.
15. While Jezzie and Cross are sleeping, what is burnt in Jezzie's front yard?
(a) A car.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) A cross.
(d) An effigy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jezzie when she gives Cross Maggie's location?
2. Where is Jezzie's summer house located?
3. Who does Cross re-interview to find out more about the kidnapping of Maggie Rose once he becomes obsessed with finding her?
4. Where do Jezzie and Cross try to go, and Cross gets into a fight?
5. Who hears Soneji moving through the house and alerts Cross?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)