|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Maggie and Michael's history class?
(a) Ms. Kim.
(b) Ms. Kristina.
(c) Ms. Karla.
(d) Ms. Katherine.
2. How old is Cross' son at the beginning of the story?
(a) Eight years old.
(b) Nine years old.
(c) Seven years old.
(d) Six years old.
3. While Jezzie is driving to the farm after visiting Cross, what is Maggie doing?
(a) Riding in the back of a car.
(b) Sitting in the dark.
(c) Trying to dig her way out.
(d) Riding in a boat.
4. How far does the kidnapper run with the Lindbergh baby before burying him alive?
(a) Less than two miles.
(b) Under one mile.
(c) A little over four miles.
(d) Approximately three miles.
5. What is the name of the federal prison that Soneji/Gary goes to?
6. What does Cross want before he hands over the ransom?
(a) To talk to Maggie.
(b) To see Maggie.
(d) Proof Maggie is alive.
7. Where is the box that Gary plans to hold the children?
(a) In the back of the van.
(b) Under other boxes.
(c) In a loft.
8. After leaving the small island, where do Cross and the private plane go?
(a) A boat.
(b) Another small island.
(c) A small airport.
(d) A landing strip.
9. When Maggie wakes in the box, what is she dying of?
10. Who does Gary's wife say was abusive in his family?
(a) His stepfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His stepmother.
11. Where does Soneji leave Graham to bleed out?
(a) His car.
(b) His driveway.
(c) His front lawn.
(d) His front step.
12. What does the boy use to get into the house to kidnap the Lindbergh baby?
(a) A step stool.
(b) A ladder.
(c) A trellis.
(d) A tree.
13. Who does Jezzie speak to at the school before coming to speak with Cross?
(a) The security guard.
(b) The teacher.
(c) The principal.
(d) The secretary.
14. When Maggie Rose calls out to a stranger who is calling out to her, what does she get?
(a) Death threats.
(d) New clothing.
15. Where is the black family murdered that Cross goes to investigate?
(a) Langley Place.
(b) Langley Heights.
(c) Langley Central.
(d) Langley Terrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the psychiatrists, who interviewed Gary at the federal prison, think is wrong with him?
2. How long does Soneji think the anesthetic will keep the children unconscious?
3. What causes Cross to lose his temper when he shows up to volunteer at his normal place?
4. Whose house does Gary go to when he sneaks out of his house and returns to Washington, D.C.?
5. What, of Maggie's, was found with Vivian's body?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)