|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what location is the story centered?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(d) New York.
2. Where does Jezzie drive to after visiting Cross and his children?
(a) The New Jersey Farm.
(b) The Connecticut farm.
(c) The Virginia farm.
(d) The Maryland farm.
3. Where does Gary take the kids in his van?
(a) To the bus station.
(b) To his apartment.
(c) To an abandoned farm.
(d) To a warehouse.
4. What do the cops do when they approach Cross and the person picking up the ransom demand?
(a) Proceed with caution.
(c) Have stun guns ready.
(d) Have their guns drawn.
5. When Maggie wakes in the box, what is she dying of?
6. After leaving the small island, where do Cross and the private plane go?
(a) Another small island.
(b) A boat.
(c) A small airport.
(d) A landing strip.
7. What subject does Mr. Soneji teach?
8. What position does Jezzie Flanagan hold?
(b) Desk secretary.
9. What else does Gary suffer from, as Cross learned in his interrogation of Gary?
10. Where did the Dunnes live before moving to Washington, D.C.?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
11. Who is Gary Murphy's wife?
12. What does Gary's wife's brother bring for their daughter?
(a) A pony.
(d) Surprise gifts.
13. What state is the body found in that Cross is notified of while examining Michael's bedroom?
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
14. What is Gary doing when his wife's brother shows up?
(a) Cleaning windows.
(c) Shoveling snow.
(d) Mowing the lawn.
15. Who is Maggie Rose's mother?
(a) Katerina Rose.
(b) Katherine Rose.
(c) Katy Rose.
(d) Karolyn Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gary sees the cops around his home, how does he sneak out?
2. Cross sees that Vivian was killed in the same manner as whom?
3. What does the headline on Soneji's apartment wall say?
4. What is Cross' second credential, other than law enforcement?
5. What is the name of the federal prison that Soneji/Gary goes to?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)