|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is the federal prison that Soneji/Gary is taken to in?
(a) West Virginia.
(d) North Carolina.
2. How old is Cross' son at the beginning of the story?
(a) Eight years old.
(b) Nine years old.
(c) Seven years old.
(d) Six years old.
3. What are the two crimes that Cross wants Gary convicted of?
(a) Theft and kidnapping.
(b) False imprisonment and kidnapping.
(c) Robbery and kidnapping.
(d) Murder and kidnapping.
4. In what state does the Lindbergh kidnapping occur?
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
5. How old is the Lindbergh baby when he is kidnapped?
(a) Fourteen months.
(b) Twenty months.
(c) Thirteen months.
(d) Nineteen months.
6. What year does the Lindbergh kidnapping occur?
7. Where do Cross and the mayor drive to talk about the kidnapping investigation?
(a) To city hall.
(b) Across town.
(c) To the police department.
(d) On the freeway.
8. When does Gary see the cops around his home?
(a) While visiting the bathroom.
(b) While getting a drink.
(c) While paying the pizza man.
(d) While getting his daughter's presents.
9. What causes Cross to lose his temper when he shows up to volunteer at his normal place?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The press.
(c) His community.
(d) His partner.
10. Where is Soneji requesting the ransom be paid?
(a) South Beach.
(d) Miami Beach.
11. Where does Soneji go after he passes through the toll booths unnoticed?
(a) Durston, Maryland.
(b) Barfield, Maryland.
(c) Crisfield, Maryland.
(d) Fullerton, Maryland.
12. What does Soneji watch before he leaves the children in their box?
(b) The news.
(c) A plane landing.
(d) A TV comedy.
13. Murphy's psychological problems might give him grounds to claim what defense at trial?
(a) Wrong identity.
14. What kind of search begins on Christmas morning?
15. What does Gary owe money to his latest job for?
(a) Advances on vacation time.
(b) Advances on retirement benefits.
(c) Advances on salary.
(d) Advances on commissions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the headline on Soneji's apartment wall say?
2. What state is the body found in that Cross is notified of while examining Michael's bedroom?
3. Who does Gary say he is with in order to gain access to Vivian's house?
4. In what type of house does the Lindbergh family live?
5. Where is the black family murdered that Cross goes to investigate?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)