Prologue, Let's Play Make-Believe (1932)
• This novel is centered in Washington, D.C. on a police detective named Alex Cross.
• Cross and his partner are investigating a group of murders in the poor section of the capitol when they are suddenly pulled away to investigate a high profile kidnapping.
• Cross finds himself drawn into the kidnapping plot and eventually accuses his lover of murder.
• In New Jersey, near Princeton, March 1972: A young boy of twelve sneaks up to the Lindbergh farmhouse and watches as the Lindbergh's settle down to dinner.
• The young boy then climbs a ladder to the nursery window and steals 20-month-old Charles Lindbergh and runs less than two miles from the farmhouse before burying the baby alive.
Part One, Maggie Rose and Shrimpie Goldberg (1992), Chapters 1-5
• Alex Cross is a D.C. police detective and psychologist.
• Cross is playing piano on his porch when...
This section contains 3,656 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)