Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ian's grandfather doing when he must wait impatiently before rushing off to find Elizabeth?
2. What is Ian's reaction to Havenhurst the first time he sees it?
3. Who does Ian insult, scaring the man away from Elizabeth for the duration of the ball at his home?
4. How does Ian's grandfather react to seeing him after so many years away from home?
5. How was Ian's family killed?
The title of the novel, "Almost Heaven" comes up during a conversation in the Epilogue. What was this conversation about? What is the significance of the speaker who utters the words "Almost Heaven"? Based on the context of this conversation, do you find this to be an appropriate title for the novel? Why or why not?
When Ian was on trial for murder, Elizabeth rushed home to be at his side. First, explain how Elizabeth managed to convince the jury of Ian's innocence. Then, explain Ian's reaction to Elizabeth's testimony. How does Ian's reaction to the testimony reflect back to his feelings about his family dog after the house fire? What does this reaction tell the reader about Ian's character?
When Robert encounters Elizabeth and Ian in a romantic embrace, he challenges Ian to a duel. First, explain why Robert reacted so violently to his sister's embrace. Then, explain why Robert and Ian were unfortunately matched for the duel. Finally, describe the outcome of the duel, explaining which man was more severely injured, and how.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)