Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ian's grandfather doing when he must wait impatiently before rushing off to find Elizabeth?
2. What is Ian's reaction to Havenhurst the first time he sees it?
3. Who does Ian insult, scaring the man away from Elizabeth for the duration of the ball at his home?
4. How does Ian's grandfather react to seeing him after so many years away from home?
5. How was Ian's family killed?
Essay Topic 1
Ian is from Scotland, the land he still returns to and calls his home. First, describe Ian's life in Scotland. Then, compare / contrast that to Ian's life in England. How does Ian's life change when he takes over his grandfather's title in London? What is he giving up in order to marry Elizabeth? What is he gaining?
Essay Topic 2
After Elizabeth saves Ian Thornton from a potential duel with Lord Everly, she meets him outside the party, alone. First, explain how Ian Thornton reacts to Elizabeth's feminine charms at the party. Then, explain how Elizabeth responds to Ian's proposals. Finally, compare / contrast Elizabeth's external and internal feelings about Ian Thornton. How does she represent her feelings for him, and how do these representations compare / contrast with her internal, private feelings about him?
Essay Topic 3
Gambling had a large effect on the Cameron family's life. First, describe Elizabeth's father's gambling habit and the way it affected his family's life. Then, compare / contrast the gambling habits of Elizabeth's father and her brother. What is the same about their habits? What is different? Finally, explain how Elizabeth's father's gambling habits affected his family even long after his death.
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)