Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ian's grandfather doing when he must wait impatiently before rushing off to find Elizabeth?
2. What is Ian's reaction to Havenhurst the first time he sees it?
3. Who does Ian insult, scaring the man away from Elizabeth for the duration of the ball at his home?
4. How does Ian's grandfather react to seeing him after so many years away from home?
5. How was Ian's family killed?
Essay Topic 1
When Elizabeth's parents died, she was raised primarily with the help of her elder brother, Robert, and her faithful servants. Fist, explain how Elizabeth's life was immediately impacted upon her parents' deaths. Then, compare / contrast the ways Robert and the servants affected her childhood. Which authority figure seemed to have the greatest impact on Elizabeth's upbringing?
Essay Topic 2
When Ian was on trial for murder, Elizabeth rushed home to be at his side. First, explain how Elizabeth managed to convince the jury of Ian's innocence. Then, explain Ian's reaction to Elizabeth's testimony. How does Ian's reaction to the testimony reflect back to his feelings about his family dog after the house fire? What does this reaction tell the reader about Ian's character?
Essay Topic 3
Elizabeth's financial standing plays a large role in the discussion of what type of wife she will make. First, explain Elizabeth's financial situation. How did she find herself in this financial position? Then, explain how Elizabeth's financial situation affects her during the courting and engagement process. Finally, explain how Ian permanently altered Elizabeth's finances by marrying her.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)