Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ian's grandfather doing when he must wait impatiently before rushing off to find Elizabeth?
2. What is Ian's reaction to Havenhurst the first time he sees it?
3. Who does Ian insult, scaring the man away from Elizabeth for the duration of the ball at his home?
4. How does Ian's grandfather react to seeing him after so many years away from home?
5. How was Ian's family killed?
Essay Topic 1
When Elizabeth is first being courted by her suitors, she alters much about herself in order to attract a wealthy mate. First, explain what Elizabeth changed or hid about herself in order to attract men. Why did Elizabeth feel that she could not show her true self in the quest for love? How did the men react to this altered version of Elizabeth's character? How does Elizabeth's alterations directly represent the role of women during this time in high society?
Essay Topic 2
When Elizabeth's parents died, she was raised primarily with the help of her elder brother, Robert, and her faithful servants. Fist, explain how Elizabeth's life was immediately impacted upon her parents' deaths. Then, compare / contrast the ways Robert and the servants affected her childhood. Which authority figure seemed to have the greatest impact on Elizabeth's upbringing?
Essay Topic 3
Havenhurst is a place of extreme sentimental value to Elizabeth. First, describe the setting of Havenhurst. Then, explain why this place has such sentimental value to Elizabeth and what she alters in her marriage contract to ensure that it will always be hers. Finally, explain Ian's reaction to seeing Havenhurst for the first time. What does Ian's reaction tell the reader about this place?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)