Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ian's grandfather doing when he must wait impatiently before rushing off to find Elizabeth?
2. What is Ian's reaction to Havenhurst the first time he sees it?
3. Who does Ian insult, scaring the man away from Elizabeth for the duration of the ball at his home?
4. How does Ian's grandfather react to seeing him after so many years away from home?
5. How was Ian's family killed?
When Ian was on trial for murder, Elizabeth rushed home to be at his side. First, explain how Elizabeth managed to convince the jury of Ian's innocence. Then, explain Ian's reaction to Elizabeth's testimony. How does Ian's reaction to the testimony reflect back to his feelings about his family dog after the house fire? What does this reaction tell the reader about Ian's character?
Ian's relationship with his grandfather, the Duke of Stanhope, is a strained one. First, explain what Ian's relationship with his grandfather was like before he met Elizabeth. Then, compare / contrast that the relationship he had with his grandfather after he met Elizabeth. What was the catalyst to the change in this relationship? By the end of the novel, do you think Ian regrets reaching out to his grandfather again? Why or why not?
Elizabeth had many accomplices in her eventful relationship with Ian. Choose two of these characters and describe their roles in ensuring that Ian and Elizabeth end up together. Then, compare / contrast the way they felt about Elizabeth pursuing a man rather than the other way around. Do you think the relationship between Elizabeth and Ian would have survived had it not been for the meddling of these characters? Why or why not?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)