|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ian insult, scaring the man away from Elizabeth for the duration of the ball at his home?
2. Why doesn't Roddy Carstairs want to be seen with Elizabeth at the ball?
(a) Because he thinks Elizabeth is unattractive.
(b) Because he is afraid of Sir Belhaven's reaction.
(c) Because Elizabeth has such a bad reputation.
(d) Because Elizabeth is such a bad dancer.
3. Which of the following facts about Ian is true?
(a) He is a fast hunter.
(b) He is a fast bather.
(c) He is a fast reader.
(d) He is a fast swimmer.
4. What is Ian doing when Elizabeth leaves the cottage to accept her engagement?
5. Which of the following pieces of jewelry does Ian withhold giving to Elizabeth until he is sure she is really in love with him?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A brooch.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ian's grandfather react to seeing him after so many years away from home?
2. What does Alex promise to do before Elizabeth gets married?
3. What is Ian's grandfather doing when he must wait impatiently before rushing off to find Elizabeth?
4. What does Ian realize is holding Elizabeth back from wanting to court with him straight away?
5. Why do Ian and Elizabeth pretend NOT to know one another at the ball at Ian's house?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)