|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men apologizes to Elizabeth for shaming her two years previously?
(a) The Duke of Stanhope.
(b) Sir Belhaven.
(c) Count Mondevale.
(d) Ian Thornton.
2. What does Alex promise to do before Elizabeth gets married?
(a) Save Havenhurst.
(b) Tell Ian how she truly feels.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Repair her reputation.
3. To whom is the Dowager Duchess related?
(a) To Jake.
(b) To Alex.
(c) To Elizabeth.
(d) To Ian.
4. After their engagement, what does Elizabeth frequently chastise Ian about?
(a) His religious fervor.
(b) His card playing.
(c) His spending habits.
(d) His flirtatious nature.
5. Why doesn't Elizabeth tell Ian that she is planning to leave him?
(a) Because she has been sworn to secrecy.
(b) Because she is afraid of his temper.
(c) Because she doesn't think he will care.
(d) Because Robert threatened her into silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ian have Robert sent after their duel over Elizabeth's honor?
2. What is Ian's grandfather doing when he must wait impatiently before rushing off to find Elizabeth?
3. How does Elizabeth react when she hears that she is now engaged to Ian?
4. Which of the following men is Valerie betrothed to?
5. What is Ian doing when Elizabeth leaves the cottage to accept her engagement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth constantly chide Ian about his spending habits?
2. What does Elizabeth's private investigator report to her on the morning of her wedding?
3. Why does Elizabeth prefer to marry an older man?
4. Why does Ian offer to buy Elizabeth's uncle's house?
5. What explanation does Robert give to Elizabeth about his disappearance when he returns to Havenhurst?
6. What does Ian realize he must do if he wants to marry Elizabeth?
7. What does Duncan tell Ian about Elizabeth's circumstances after she leaves the cottage?
8. How does Elizabeth feel about shopping at the town markets?
9. How does Elizabeth prepare for her escape from Ian with Robert?
10. What new things does Elizabeth learn about Ian after they are married?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)