|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alex's husband claim Elizabeth is on the evening Ian cannot find her?
(a) At church.
(b) At a ball.
(c) On a date.
(d) At the theater.
2. What does Elizabeth say when she sees her engagement ring for the first time?
(a) That it is clearly too expensive.
(b) That she will never take it off.
(c) That she does not like the color.
(d) That it's the ring she has always dreamed of.
3. When Elizabeth enters the ball with her escort, how do the other guests react?
(a) They toast her for her bravery.
(b) They gossip about her.
(c) They welcome her to the party.
(d) They ignore her.
4. Who does the private investigator claim probably killed Robert?
(a) His gambling bookie.
(b) His uncle.
(c) He killed himself.
5. What scene does Ian recreate for Elizabeth on their wedding day?
(a) The place where they first met.
(b) The place where he proposed.
(c) The place where they shared their first dance.
(d) The place where they shared their first kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the investigator dislike most about Ian?
2. Which of the following men is Valerie betrothed to?
3. What is the name of Ian's home?
4. What ailment does Elizabeth claim is keeping her from returning to London from Havenhurst?
5. What is Elizabeth doing when Robert returns to Havenhurst?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ian offer to buy Elizabeth's uncle's house?
2. Why does Elizabeth constantly chide Ian about his spending habits?
3. How does Ian react when he sees Havenhurst for the first time?
4. Who is the Dowager Duchess?
5. What is Elizabeth's initial reaction to Montmayne?
6. How does Elizabeth react when it is time for her and her husband to retire for the evening after their wedding ceremony?
7. What rumor does Ian spread about Elizabeth at the ball, changing her status in high society?
8. What does Duncan tell Ian about Elizabeth's circumstances after she leaves the cottage?
9. How does Ian react when Belhaven tries to monopolize Elizabeth's time at the ball?
10. What explanation does Robert give to Elizabeth about his disappearance when he returns to Havenhurst?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)