|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Ian's family killed?
(a) In a boat accident.
(b) From small pox.
(c) In an Indian attack.
(d) In a house fire.
2. Upon returning home with her new husband, what is the first question that crosses Elizabeth's mind?
(a) Who will cook us breakfast?
(b) Where will Ian sleep?
(c) Did Ian enjoy the wedding reception?
(d) Is Ian embarrassed to share our marital bed?
3. What does Robert show to Elizabeth in the hopes of proving his violent stories?
(d) Open wounds.
4. Why is Elizabeth willing to accept an engagement to a man she is not in love with?
(a) Because she is desperate for money.
(b) Because her family insists on the wedding.
(c) Because she does not believe in love.
(d) Because she is getting old and does not have many romantic options.
5. Which of the following pieces of jewelry does Ian withhold giving to Elizabeth until he is sure she is really in love with him?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A ring.
(c) A brooch.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time Elizabeth leaves Ian's house to accept the engagement, how much time has passed since the ill-fated meeting in the greenhouse?
2. Why did Ian have Robert sent away?
3. Why do Ian and Elizabeth pretend NOT to know one another at the ball at Ian's house?
4. Which of the following committees does Elizabeth join after her wedding?
5. How does Elizabeth react to seeing Ian's home for the first time?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)