|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose engagement proposal forces Elizabeth to leave Ian's cottage and return home?
2. Who delivers the news to Elizabeth that she is no longer engaged to Sir Belhaven?
(a) Her uncle.
(d) Sir Belhaven.
3. According to the contract he signs, which of the following is NOT something Ian inherits when his grandfather dies?
(a) His title.
(b) His debts.
(c) His land.
(d) His money.
4. What is the name of the man Elizabeth finally gets to escort her after Roddy refuses?
5. Which of the following best describes Ian's home?
(a) A shack.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A modest house.
(d) A mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ian cannot find Elizabeth after meeting with her family, where does he go to pass time?
2. What does Ian offer to buy from Elizabeth's uncle out of anger?
3. Why doesn't Elizabeth tell Ian the truth about her financial situation with Havenhurst?
4. Which of the following men apologizes to Elizabeth for shaming her two years previously?
5. What bombshell does Duncan drop on Ian after Elizabeth leaves the house to accept her engagement?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)