|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their engagement, what does Elizabeth frequently chastise Ian about?
(a) His spending habits.
(b) His card playing.
(c) His flirtatious nature.
(d) His religious fervor.
2. What ailment does Elizabeth claim is keeping her from returning to London from Havenhurst?
(c) A head cold.
3. Where did Ian have Robert sent after their duel over Elizabeth's honor?
(a) To a work house.
(b) To prison.
(c) To the caves.
(d) To America.
4. At the time Elizabeth leaves Ian's house to accept the engagement, how much time has passed since the ill-fated meeting in the greenhouse?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two months.
5. Who does the private investigator claim probably killed Robert?
(b) His gambling bookie.
(c) His uncle.
(d) He killed himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth sell in order to fund her getaway with Robert?
2. Which of the following men is Valerie betrothed to?
3. Traditionally, who are the first people to retire after a wedding ceremony?
4. Which of the following facts about Ian is true?
5. Upon returning home with her new husband, what is the first question that crosses Elizabeth's mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stipulations does Elizabeth make before accepting her engagement to Ian?
2. What explanation does Robert give to Elizabeth about his disappearance when he returns to Havenhurst?
3. Why does Elizabeth constantly chide Ian about his spending habits?
4. How does Ian react when Belhaven tries to monopolize Elizabeth's time at the ball?
5. How does Elizabeth prepare for her escape from Ian with Robert?
6. Why is Ian's relationship with his grandfather so strained?
7. What new things does Elizabeth learn about Ian after they are married?
8. How does Elizabeth react to the news that she is now engaged to Ian instead of Belhaven?
9. How does Elizabeth react when it is time for her and her husband to retire for the evening after their wedding ceremony?
10. What does Duncan tell Ian about Elizabeth's circumstances after she leaves the cottage?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)