|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ian insult, scaring the man away from Elizabeth for the duration of the ball at his home?
2. According to the contract he signs, which of the following is NOT something Ian inherits when his grandfather dies?
(a) His money.
(b) His title.
(c) His land.
(d) His debts.
3. Which of the following facts about Ian is true?
(a) He is a fast reader.
(b) He is a fast bather.
(c) He is a fast swimmer.
(d) He is a fast hunter.
4. How does Ian react to seeing the items Elizabeth has removed from his treasure box?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is shocked.
5. Who accepts the engagement proposal on Elizabeth's behalf?
(a) Her maid.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elizabeth discover Ian's childhood treasure box?
2. What is Ian doing when Elizabeth leaves the cottage to accept her engagement?
3. What does Elizabeth sell in order to fund her getaway with Robert?
4. What is the name of Ian's home?
5. How long will Ian and Elizabeth court before announcing their engagement?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ian convince Elizabeth's family to let him marry her?
2. How does Ian react when Belhaven tries to monopolize Elizabeth's time at the ball?
3. How does Elizabeth react when it is time for her and her husband to retire for the evening after their wedding ceremony?
4. What new things does Elizabeth learn about Ian after they are married?
5. What explanation does Robert give to Elizabeth about his disappearance when he returns to Havenhurst?
6. How does Ian react when he sees Havenhurst for the first time?
7. Who demands that Elizabeth leave Ian's cottage and return to Havenhurst at once?
8. Why is Ian's relationship with his grandfather so strained?
9. What does Ian realize he must do if he wants to marry Elizabeth?
10. What rumor does Ian spread about Elizabeth at the ball, changing her status in high society?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)