|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lucinda?
(a) Elizabeth's duenna.
(b) Elizabeth's mother.
(c) Elizabeth's sister.
(d) Elizabeth's school teacher.
2. What strange behavior does Elizabeth act out over dinner with Sir Belhaven?
(a) She begins singing loudly.
(b) She prays at length.
(c) She pretends to be drunk.
(d) She has the hiccups.
3. What does Ian accuse Elizabeth of when she arrives at Jake's home?
(a) Stalking him.
(b) Lying about her engagement.
(c) Setting him up for embarrassment.
(d) Trying to have him killed.
4. After re-inviting Elizabeth back into the home after their argument, how does Ian treat her?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He apologizes to her.
(c) He continues to argue with her.
(d) He is friendly and jokes about their fight.
5. What happens when Jake attempts to make breakfast for his guests, Lucinda and Elizabeth?
(a) He burns everything.
(b) He does not have enough food to go around.
(c) He mistakes sugar for salt.
(d) He injures himself on the paring knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. After breakfast with Ian, where does Elizabeth run to cry?
2. Who does Ian beat mercilessly in cards at the party where he meets Elizabeth?
3. Who is in charge of finding a husband for Elizabeth?
4. Who hosts the party where Elizabeth meets Ian Thornton?
5. In what room of the house does Marchman spend most of his time with Elizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elizabeth react the first time Ian kisses her?
2. What happens during the duel between Ian and Robert?
3. Who is Viscount Mondevale?
4. Why does Lord Everly accuse Ian of cheating?
5. Why doesn't Elizabeth think that Ian will be waiting for her at the cottage?
6. What fact does Lucinda overhear when she is eavesdropping on Ian's conversations?
7. Why does Elizabeth's family decide that it is time for her to be married?
8. What happens when Elizabeth attempts to make breakfast for the first time?
9. Why do Jake and Lucinda abandon Elizabeth and Ian at the cottage?
10. What problem arises when Ian and his friend Jake arrive at the house in Scotland?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)