|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men is considered to be the wealthiest?
(a) Count Mondevale.
(b) Sir Frances Belhaven.
(c) Ian Thornton.
(d) Robert Cameron.
2. During their argument at Jake's house, what does Elizabeth threaten Ian with?
(a) A vase.
(b) A knife.
(c) A rock.
(d) A gun.
3. After telling Ian that she knows who he is, what does Lucinda request of him?
(a) A tour of the Duke's palace.
(b) Money to keep her mouth shut.
(c) Proper treatment toward Elizabeth.
(d) A wedding engagement.
4. Why does Elizabeth turn down Ian's request to meet him after the party?
(a) Because the meeting would be inappropriate.
(b) Because she is not interested in Ian.
(c) Because she misunderstood his request.
(d) Because she already has plans.
5. What is Sir Belahaven's final impression of Elizabeth when he watches her leave?
(a) He decides to propose immediately.
(b) He is unsure whether he wants to marry her or not.
(c) He decides he only wants to bed her, and then forget about her.
(d) He decides to call off the courtship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of weather forces Elizabeth into a nearby cottage?
2. Which of the following characters points out that both Elizabeth and Ian are missing from the excursion in the city?
3. How does Elizabeth react to being called out as a liar?
4. How does Elizabeth travel from one city to another when her group leaves her behind?
5. How long is the party where Elizabeth meets Ian meant to last?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ian's relationship with his grandfather so strained?
2. Why do Jake and Lucinda abandon Elizabeth and Ian at the cottage?
3. What does Elizabeth discover hidden in a tree house near Ian's cottage?
4. Who is Sir Frances Belhaven?
5. What new things does Elizabeth learn about Ian after they are married?
6. What is Elizabeth's initial reaction to Montmayne?
7. What does Ian accuse Elizabeth of when he meets her at the greenhouse?
8. What rumor does Ian spread about Elizabeth at the ball, changing her status in high society?
9. How does Elizabeth trick Sir Frances Belhaven into thinking that she is not marriage material?
10. How was Ian's family killed?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)