|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was primarily in charge of raising Elizabeth when she was a young girl?
(a) Her servants.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her siblings.
(d) She raised herself.
2. If Elizabeth were to leave Jake's house and travel to the nearest city, how long would it take her to arrive there?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What meal are all the guests served at the party where Elizabeth and Ian meet?
4. What message did Elizabeth receive that she claims was in invitation to Jake's home?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A messenger pigeon.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A letter.
5. How is Elizabeth related to Robert?
(a) She is his half-sister.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his stepsister.
(d) She is his cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucinda think Ian is the grandson of the Duke of Stanhope?
2. Which of the following charms does Elizabeth often use to get what she wants from men?
3. How does Elizabeth fare in her initial debut into high society?
4. Which of the following behaviors does Elizabeth partake in during her date with Marchman?
5. Who does Ian beat mercilessly in cards at the party where he meets Elizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elizabeth react when she realizes that her traveling group has left without her?
2. What rumors does Valerie begin to spread about Elizabeth and Ian?
3. What happens during the duel between Ian and Robert?
4. Why does Lord Everly accuse Ian of cheating?
5. How doe Elizabeth and Ian Thornton meet?
6. What is a duenna?
7. Why do Jake and Lucinda abandon Elizabeth and Ian at the cottage?
8. Why doesn't anyone come to Ian's defense with Lord Everly is accusing him of cheating?
9. Who raised Elizabeth when she was growing up?
10. How does Lord John Marchman react to Elizabeth after their first date together?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)