|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their argument at Jake's house, what does Elizabeth threaten Ian with?
(a) A vase.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A rock.
2. What is Elizabeth's last name?
3. How does Elizabeth respond when Ian kisses her after their first meal together?
(a) She cries in the corner.
(b) She is shocked, but gives in.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She enjoys it.
4. Which of the following women is Elizabeth's best confidant when it comes to discussing romance?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Elizabeth's weekend with Ian at Jake's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Ian related to the town vicar?
2. How does Ian react when Elizabeth cooks breakfast for him the first time?
3. What does Marchman promise to send a note to Elizabeth's uncle proclaiming?
4. After they kiss for the first time, what does Ian confess to Elizabeth?
5. Who is Lucinda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ian accuse Elizabeth of when he meets her at the greenhouse?
2. Who is Duncan?
3. How does Elizabeth trick Sir Frances Belhaven into thinking that she is not marriage material?
4. What does the mysterious note that Elizabeth receives tell her to do?
5. How does Elizabeth's friend, Alex, react when Elizabeth's uncle arranges three dates for her with three different suitors?
6. How does Lord John Marchman react to Elizabeth after their first date together?
7. Who is Sir Frances Belhaven?
8. How does Elizabeth react when she realizes that her traveling group has left without her?
9. What happens when Elizabeth attempts to make breakfast for the first time?
10. Why does Elizabeth's family decide that it is time for her to be married?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)