|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of man does Elizabeth think will give her the most independence in marriage?
(a) A religious man.
(b) A poor man.
(c) An old man.
(d) An honest man.
2. How does Elizabeth dress when she arrives at Sir Francis Belhaven's home?
(a) In a flashy, short dress.
(b) In rags.
(c) In furs and jewels.
(d) In a very modest dress.
3. What is Elizabeth's last name?
4. What type of weather forces Elizabeth into a nearby cottage?
5. How does Marchman feel about Belhaven?
(a) He thinks Belhaven would make a good husband for Elizabeth.
(b) He thinks Belhaven is an honest man.
(c) He thinks Belhaven is lecherous.
(d) He thinks Belhaven is a liar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following activities does Elizabeth abstain from while fighting with Ian?
2. During their duel, where does Robert shoot Ian?
3. What is Lucinda's last name?
4. How is Elizabeth related to Robert?
5. What is Ian's first impression of Elizabeth at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lord Everly accuse Ian of cheating?
2. Who is Duncan?
3. How does Elizabeth react the first time Ian kisses her?
4. What happens during the duel between Ian and Robert?
5. Why does Elizabeth's family decide that it is time for her to be married?
6. Who raised Elizabeth when she was growing up?
7. What is a duenna?
8. Who is Sir Frances Belhaven?
9. How doe Elizabeth and Ian Thornton meet?
10. What does Ian accuse Elizabeth of when he meets her at the greenhouse?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)