|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the party where Elizabeth meets Ian meant to last?
(a) A week.
(b) An evening.
(c) A weekend.
(d) A day.
2. After Elizabeth asks Ian questions over dinner, what does Ian think about her?
(a) That she is annoying.
(b) That she is intelligent.
(c) That she is stuck-up.
(d) That she is immature.
3. What does Ian accuse Elizabeth of when she arrives at Jake's home?
(a) Trying to have him killed.
(b) Stalking him.
(c) Setting him up for embarrassment.
(d) Lying about her engagement.
4. Who accepts Count Mondevale's proposal to marry Elizabeth?
(a) The Uncle.
5. What does Marchman promise to send a note to Elizabeth's uncle proclaiming?
(a) That he would like to take Elizabeth on vacation.
(b) That Elizabeth is a liar.
(c) That they should be married at once.
(d) That they are not well-suited for each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange behavior does Elizabeth act out over dinner with Sir Belhaven?
2. How does Ian's card game opponent react to being beaten at a party?
3. Who was primarily in charge of raising Elizabeth when she was a young girl?
4. Which of the following activities most interests Sir Belhaven?
5. How does Elizabeth fare in her initial debut into high society?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Elizabeth think that Ian will be waiting for her at the cottage?
2. What happens when Elizabeth attempts to make breakfast for the first time?
3. Why do Jake and Lucinda abandon Elizabeth and Ian at the cottage?
4. How does Elizabeth respond to being invited to the woodcutter's cottage with Ian?
5. What happens during the duel between Ian and Robert?
6. Who is Duncan?
7. How doe Elizabeth and Ian Thornton meet?
8. Who is Lord John Marchman?
9. How does Lord John Marchman react to Elizabeth after their first date together?
10. Who raised Elizabeth when she was growing up?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)