|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters eavesdrops and overhears Ian discussing his first impressions of Elizabeth?
2. What type of weather forces Elizabeth into a nearby cottage?
3. Who does Ian beat mercilessly in cards at the party where he meets Elizabeth?
(a) Robert Cameron.
(b) Count Mondevale.
(c) Sir Everly.
(d) Sir Frances Belhaven.
4. Who does Elizabeth believe the note requesting a meeting is from?
5. How is Elizabeth related to Robert?
(a) She is his cousin.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his stepsister.
(d) She is his half-sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they kiss for the first time, what does Ian confess to Elizabeth?
2. What is Elizabeth concerned about when she realizes she will be alone with Ian in the cabin?
3. What meal are all the guests served at the party where Elizabeth and Ian meet?
4. Why does Lucinda think Ian is the grandson of the Duke of Stanhope?
5. How does Elizabeth travel from one city to another when her group leaves her behind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ian accuse Elizabeth of when he meets her at the greenhouse?
2. How does Elizabeth prepare for her escape from Ian with Robert?
3. How does Ian realize that Elizabeth didn't set him up in the greenhouse, but someone else did?
4. How was Ian's family killed?
5. Why do Elizabeth and Lucinda unexpectedly arrive at the cottage in Scotland?
6. What does the reader learn about Ian and Elizabeth's relationship in the Epilogue of this novel?
7. Why do Jake and Lucinda abandon Elizabeth and Ian at the cottage?
8. Why doesn't Elizabeth think that Ian will be waiting for her at the cottage?
9. How does Ian react when he sees Havenhurst for the first time?
10. What does the mysterious note that Elizabeth receives tell her to do?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)