|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth request to come pick her up early from the excursion?
(b) Ian Thornton.
(c) Count Mondevale.
(d) Her father.
2. In what room of the house does Marchman spend most of his time with Elizabeth?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The study.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The greenhouse.
3. If Elizabeth were to leave Jake's house and travel to the nearest city, how long would it take her to arrive there?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
4. Why doesn't Elizabeth leave the party with her traveling group?
(a) Becuase she has a prior engagement.
(b) Because she would rather travel with Ian.
(c) Because she was not invited.
(d) Beause she accidentally oversleeps.
5. Why does Elizabeth's family almost lose their home?
(a) Because of their debts.
(b) Because of a fire.
(c) Because of a flood.
(d) Because of an earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following behaviors does Elizabeth partake in during her date with Marchman?
2. Where does Ian's friend Jake live?
3. Which of the following activities do Elizabeth and Ian partake in during their day alone together at the cottage?
4. What type of weather forces Elizabeth into a nearby cottage?
5. Who does Elizabeth confess her indiscretions to after returning from the cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ian convince Elizabeth's family to let him marry her?
2. What rumor does Ian spread about Elizabeth at the ball, changing her status in high society?
3. How does Sir Frances Belhaven respond to Elizabeth after their first date?
4. How does Elizabeth react the first time Ian kisses her?
5. Why does Ian offer to buy Elizabeth's uncle's house?
6. What does Elizabeth's private investigator report to her on the morning of her wedding?
7. How does Ian respond to Elizabeth when she returns to defend his innocence at the trial?
8. Who demands that Elizabeth leave Ian's cottage and return to Havenhurst at once?
9. Why does Lord Everly accuse Ian of cheating?
10. What does Ian realize he must do if he wants to marry Elizabeth?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)