|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Elizabeth when she was orphaned?
(a) She was a small child.
(b) She was a baby.
(c) She was an adult.
(d) She was a teenager.
2. What happens when Jake attempts to make breakfast for his guests, Lucinda and Elizabeth?
(a) He burns everything.
(b) He mistakes sugar for salt.
(c) He does not have enough food to go around.
(d) He injures himself on the paring knife.
3. Which of the following activities most interests Sir Belhaven?
4. Which of the following characteristics is NOT important in the search for Elizabeth's husband?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His social standing.
(c) His title.
(d) His morals.
5. What do Elizabeth's friends dare her to do when she meets Ian?
(a) Steal from him.
(b) Dance with him.
(c) Seduce him.
(d) Kiss him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ian realize mistakenly invited Elizabeth to Jake's home?
2. After they kiss for the first time, what does Ian confess to Elizabeth?
3. Why doesn't Elizabeth leave the party with her traveling group?
4. How does Marchman feel about Belhaven?
5. Which of the following activities does Elizabeth abstain from while fighting with Ian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jake and Lucinda abandon Elizabeth and Ian at the cottage?
2. Who is Sir Frances Belhaven?
3. Who is Duncan?
4. How does Ian realize that Elizabeth didn't set him up in the greenhouse, but someone else did?
5. Why does Elizabeth think that Valerie tricked her into meeting Ian at the greenhouse?
6. What is a duenna?
7. Why does Elizabeth run away from Ian after their meal at the cottage?
8. What fact does Lucinda overhear when she is eavesdropping on Ian's conversations?
9. How does Elizabeth's friend, Alex, react when Elizabeth's uncle arranges three dates for her with three different suitors?
10. What does Ian accuse Elizabeth of when he meets her at the greenhouse?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)