|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elizabeth receives the unexpected note, where does it ask her to meet someone?
(a) At the greenhouse.
(b) At the ship dock.
(c) At the town church.
(d) Under the bridge.
2. Which of the following characters is so deeply humiliated at the party, that he leaves without turning back?
(a) Ian Thornton.
(b) Lord Everly.
(c) Robert Cameron.
(d) Sir Frances Belhaven.
3. Why do Lucinda and Elizabeth arrive at Jake's home?
(a) Because they mistakenly thought it was someone else's home.
(b) Beacause they were lost.
(c) Because their carriage has broken down.
(d) Because Elizabeth wanted to see Ian again.
4. Who accepts Count Mondevale's proposal to marry Elizabeth?
(a) The Uncle.
5. What is a duenna?
(a) A chaperon.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth bring with her, disguised as her aunt, to chaperon the dates?
2. Which of the following activities is Jake most concerned with during the weekend at his home?
3. How long is the party where Elizabeth meets Ian meant to last?
4. After they kiss for the first time, what does Ian confess to Elizabeth?
5. What card game does Ian engage in at the party where he meets Elizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem arises when Ian and his friend Jake arrive at the house in Scotland?
2. What rumors does Valerie begin to spread about Elizabeth and Ian?
3. Why do Jake and Lucinda abandon Elizabeth and Ian at the cottage?
4. Who is Duncan?
5. Why doesn't Elizabeth think that Ian will be waiting for her at the cottage?
6. Why is Elizabeth in danger of losing her home?
7. What fact does Lucinda overhear when she is eavesdropping on Ian's conversations?
8. How does Ian realize that Elizabeth didn't set him up in the greenhouse, but someone else did?
9. What do Elizabeth and Ian discuss over their first meal together in the cottage?
10. Who is Sir Frances Belhaven?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)