|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was primarily in charge of raising Elizabeth when she was a young girl?
(a) Her siblings.
(b) Her servants.
(c) Her parents.
(d) She raised herself.
2. How does Elizabeth react to being called out as a liar?
(a) She ignores Marchman for the rest of the day.
(b) She begins weeping.
(c) She denies everything.
(d) She begs Marchman for help.
3. How does Marchman feel about Belhaven?
(a) He thinks Belhaven would make a good husband for Elizabeth.
(b) He thinks Belhaven is a liar.
(c) He thinks Belhaven is lecherous.
(d) He thinks Belhaven is an honest man.
4. Which of the following is true about Elizabeth's father?
(a) He loved to gamble.
(b) He loved to drink alcohol.
(c) He loved to ride horses.
(d) He loved to set fires.
5. What was Ian seen packing before disappearing from the group?
(a) A gun.
(b) A picnic.
(d) A change of clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Robert feel after his duel with Ian?
2. When Elizabeth arrives at the meeting place and finds Ian there, what does she think he has come to do?
3. How is Ian related to the town vicar?
4. What is a duenna?
5. When Ian arrives at Jake's house, what has the family forgotten to send from the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumors does Valerie begin to spread about Elizabeth and Ian?
2. What is a duenna?
3. Why doesn't Elizabeth think that Ian will be waiting for her at the cottage?
4. How doe Elizabeth and Ian Thornton meet?
5. How does Elizabeth's friend, Alex, react when Elizabeth's uncle arranges three dates for her with three different suitors?
6. How does Elizabeth trick Sir Frances Belhaven into thinking that she is not marriage material?
7. What happens during the duel between Ian and Robert?
8. How does Elizabeth react the first time Ian kisses her?
9. What do Elizabeth and Ian discuss over their first meal together in the cottage?
10. Why does Elizabeth's family decide that it is time for her to be married?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)