|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters eavesdrops and overhears Ian discussing his first impressions of Elizabeth?
2. How long is the party where Elizabeth meets Ian meant to last?
(a) An evening.
(b) A weekend.
(c) A week.
(d) A day.
3. How does Elizabeth react to being called out as a liar?
(a) She begins weeping.
(b) She denies everything.
(c) She begs Marchman for help.
(d) She ignores Marchman for the rest of the day.
4. How does Elizabeth react when she sees Ian flirting with other women at the party?
(a) She is amused.
(b) She ignores him completely.
(c) She is jealous.
(d) She is confused.
5. How does Ian react when Elizabeth enters his cabin?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is angered.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is pleased.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucinda think Ian is the grandson of the Duke of Stanhope?
2. Why do Lucinda and Elizabeth arrive at Jake's home?
3. While dining with Sir Belhaven, what does Elizabeth claim to want to do with all her money?
4. After they kiss for the first time, what does Ian confess to Elizabeth?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Elizabeth's weekend with Ian at Jake's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Viscount Mondevale?
2. What happens when Elizabeth attempts to make breakfast for the first time?
3. Why is Elizabeth in danger of losing her home?
4. How does Sir Frances Belhaven respond to Elizabeth after their first date?
5. What fact does Lucinda overhear when she is eavesdropping on Ian's conversations?
6. What does Ian accuse Elizabeth of when he meets her at the greenhouse?
7. Why does Elizabeth's family decide that it is time for her to be married?
8. Why does Lord Everly accuse Ian of cheating?
9. Who is Sir Frances Belhaven?
10. How does Ian realize that Elizabeth didn't set him up in the greenhouse, but someone else did?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)