|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marchman feel about Belhaven?
(a) He thinks Belhaven would make a good husband for Elizabeth.
(b) He thinks Belhaven is a liar.
(c) He thinks Belhaven is an honest man.
(d) He thinks Belhaven is lecherous.
2. How does Robert feel after his duel with Ian?
(a) He is humiliated.
(b) He is subdued.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is proud.
3. Who does Elizabeth believe the note requesting a meeting is from?
4. What message did Elizabeth receive that she claims was in invitation to Jake's home?
(a) A messenger pigeon.
(b) A letter.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A phone call.
5. Why does Elizabeth's family almost lose their home?
(a) Because of their debts.
(b) Because of a flood.
(c) Because of an earthquake.
(d) Because of a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room of the house do people usually play cards?
2. How does Ian react when Elizabeth and Lucinda unexpectedly arrive?
3. What is Elizabeth's last name?
4. Who does Elizabeth request to come pick her up early from the excursion?
5. During their argument at Jake's house, what does Elizabeth threaten Ian with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sir Frances Belhaven?
2. What does the mysterious note that Elizabeth receives tell her to do?
3. Why do Elizabeth and Lucinda unexpectedly arrive at the cottage in Scotland?
4. What is a duenna?
5. Why does Elizabeth's family decide that it is time for her to be married?
6. Why does Elizabeth run away from Ian after their meal at the cottage?
7. What rumors does Valerie begin to spread about Elizabeth and Ian?
8. How does Elizabeth react when she realizes that her traveling group has left without her?
9. Who raised Elizabeth when she was growing up?
10. How does Elizabeth's friend, Alex, react when Elizabeth's uncle arranges three dates for her with three different suitors?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)