|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth's family almost lose their home?
(a) Because of a fire.
(b) Because of their debts.
(c) Because of an earthquake.
(d) Because of a flood.
2. Which of the following behaviors does Elizabeth partake in during her date with Marchman?
3. When Elizabeth arrives at the meeting place and finds Ian there, what does she think he has come to do?
(a) Seduce her.
(b) Tease her.
(c) Argue with her.
(d) Propose to her.
4. When Robert walks in on Elizabeth and Ian at their meeting place, what is the pair doing?
(b) Singing hymns.
(d) Playing cards.
5. How does Ian react when Elizabeth enters his cabin?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is angered.
(d) He is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elizabeth dress when she arrives at Sir Francis Belhaven's home?
2. In what room of the house do people usually play cards?
3. What is Ian's first impression of Elizabeth at the party?
4. While dining with Sir Belhaven, what does Elizabeth claim to want to do with all her money?
5. Who does Elizabeth believe the note requesting a meeting is from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumors does Valerie begin to spread about Elizabeth and Ian?
2. How does Elizabeth respond to being invited to the woodcutter's cottage with Ian?
3. What happens when Elizabeth attempts to make breakfast for the first time?
4. Why do Jake and Lucinda abandon Elizabeth and Ian at the cottage?
5. Who is Lord John Marchman?
6. How does Elizabeth react the first time Ian kisses her?
7. How doe Elizabeth and Ian Thornton meet?
8. What fact does Lucinda overhear when she is eavesdropping on Ian's conversations?
9. Who is Duncan?
10. What does the mysterious note that Elizabeth receives tell her to do?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)