|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth react to being called out as a liar?
(a) She denies everything.
(b) She ignores Marchman for the rest of the day.
(c) She begins weeping.
(d) She begs Marchman for help.
2. Which of the following characters is so deeply humiliated at the party, that he leaves without turning back?
(a) Ian Thornton.
(b) Robert Cameron.
(c) Sir Frances Belhaven.
(d) Lord Everly.
3. Which of the following characters points out that both Elizabeth and Ian are missing from the excursion in the city?
4. After re-inviting Elizabeth back into the home after their argument, how does Ian treat her?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He continues to argue with her.
(c) He apologizes to her.
(d) He is friendly and jokes about their fight.
5. After touring the cottage, what opinion does Elizabeth have about Ian?
(a) That he is rich.
(b) That he is poor.
(c) That he is rugged.
(d) That he is modest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elizabeth react when she sees Ian flirting with other women at the party?
2. What is a duenna?
3. Which of the following women is Elizabeth's best confidant when it comes to discussing romance?
4. What does Ian accuse Elizabeth of when she arrives at Jake's home?
5. Who is in charge of finding a husband for Elizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't anyone come to Ian's defense with Lord Everly is accusing him of cheating?
2. How does Ian realize that Elizabeth didn't set him up in the greenhouse, but someone else did?
3. How does Elizabeth react the first time Ian kisses her?
4. What happens when Elizabeth attempts to make breakfast for the first time?
5. Why is Elizabeth in danger of losing her home?
6. Why do Elizabeth and Lucinda unexpectedly arrive at the cottage in Scotland?
7. How does Elizabeth react when she realizes that her traveling group has left without her?
8. What does Ian accuse Elizabeth of when he meets her at the greenhouse?
9. Why does Elizabeth think that Valerie tricked her into meeting Ian at the greenhouse?
10. How does Elizabeth trick Sir Frances Belhaven into thinking that she is not marriage material?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)