|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Robert walks in on Elizabeth and Ian at their meeting place, what is the pair doing?
(a) Playing cards.
(d) Singing hymns.
2. How does Elizabeth react to Ian's confession?
(a) She begins to weep.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She forgives him.
(d) She ignores him.
3. In what room of the house does Marchman spend most of his time with Elizabeth?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The greenhouse.
(d) The study.
4. In what type of terrain is the cabin located?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In a field.
(c) Near the river.
(d) In the desert.
5. When Ian arrives at Jake's house, what has the family forgotten to send from the village?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the party, where does Ian ask Elizabeth to meet him?
2. What is the weather like when Elizabeth and Lucinda sit on the curb outside Jake's house?
3. What strange behavior does Elizabeth act out over dinner with Sir Belhaven?
4. How does Elizabeth respond when Ian kisses her after their first meal together?
5. When Elizabeth receives the unexpected note, where does it ask her to meet someone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't anyone come to Ian's defense with Lord Everly is accusing him of cheating?
2. Who is Duncan?
3. Why does Lord Everly accuse Ian of cheating?
4. Who is Lord John Marchman?
5. Who raised Elizabeth when she was growing up?
6. Who is Sir Frances Belhaven?
7. Why do Elizabeth and Lucinda unexpectedly arrive at the cottage in Scotland?
8. Why does Elizabeth run away from Ian after their meal at the cottage?
9. Why does Elizabeth's family decide that it is time for her to be married?
10. What does the mysterious note that Elizabeth receives tell her to do?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)