|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Elizabeth's friends dare her to do when she meets Ian?
(a) Seduce him.
(b) Steal from him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Dance with him.
2. Who does Elizabeth believe the note requesting a meeting is from?
3. When Robert walks in on Elizabeth and Ian at their meeting place, what is the pair doing?
(b) Playing cards.
(d) Singing hymns.
4. What strange behavior does Elizabeth act out over dinner with Sir Belhaven?
(a) She prays at length.
(b) She has the hiccups.
(c) She pretends to be drunk.
(d) She begins singing loudly.
5. Who is in charge of finding a husband for Elizabeth?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's last name?
2. Which of the following behaviors does Elizabeth partake in during her date with Marchman?
3. After telling Ian that she knows who he is, what does Lucinda request of him?
4. How is Ian related to the town vicar?
5. After touring the cottage, what opinion does Elizabeth have about Ian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth's family decide that it is time for her to be married?
2. What does Ian accuse Elizabeth of when he meets her at the greenhouse?
3. How does Sir Frances Belhaven respond to Elizabeth after their first date?
4. Who is Lord John Marchman?
5. Why does Elizabeth think that Valerie tricked her into meeting Ian at the greenhouse?
6. What happens when Elizabeth attempts to make breakfast for the first time?
7. How does Elizabeth react when she realizes that her traveling group has left without her?
8. Why do Jake and Lucinda abandon Elizabeth and Ian at the cottage?
9. How does Elizabeth respond to being invited to the woodcutter's cottage with Ian?
10. Why is Elizabeth in danger of losing her home?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)