|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word is used to describe Ian on the day when Elizabeth meets him for the first time?
2. What does Marchman promise to send a note to Elizabeth's uncle proclaiming?
(a) That Elizabeth is a liar.
(b) That they are not well-suited for each other.
(c) That he would like to take Elizabeth on vacation.
(d) That they should be married at once.
3. Which of the following charms does Elizabeth often use to get what she wants from men?
(a) Her wit.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Her honesty.
(d) Her beatuy.
4. How does Marchman feel about Belhaven?
(a) He thinks Belhaven would make a good husband for Elizabeth.
(b) He thinks Belhaven is an honest man.
(c) He thinks Belhaven is lecherous.
(d) He thinks Belhaven is a liar.
5. How does Elizabeth fare in her initial debut into high society?
(a) She does not receive any proposals.
(b) She receives two proposals.
(c) She receives many proposals.
(d) She receives one proposal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ian accuse Elizabeth of when she arrives at Jake's home?
2. In what type of terrain is the cabin located?
3. What does Robert confess to Ian after walking in on him with Elizabeth?
4. After re-inviting Elizabeth back into the home after their argument, how does Ian treat her?
5. How old was Elizabeth when she was orphaned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jake and Lucinda abandon Elizabeth and Ian at the cottage?
2. How does Elizabeth's friend, Alex, react when Elizabeth's uncle arranges three dates for her with three different suitors?
3. Why does Lord Everly accuse Ian of cheating?
4. What do Elizabeth and Ian discuss over their first meal together in the cottage?
5. What happens during the duel between Ian and Robert?
6. How does Elizabeth react when she realizes that her traveling group has left without her?
7. How does Elizabeth react the first time Ian kisses her?
8. Why does Elizabeth think that Valerie tricked her into meeting Ian at the greenhouse?
9. How does Ian realize that Elizabeth didn't set him up in the greenhouse, but someone else did?
10. Why doesn't anyone come to Ian's defense with Lord Everly is accusing him of cheating?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)