|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Alex's husband?
2. Which of the following pieces of jewelry does Ian withhold giving to Elizabeth until he is sure she is really in love with him?
(a) A brooch.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
3. On which important day does Elizabeth finally hear back from her private investigator?
(a) On her birthday.
(b) On Independence Day.
(c) On Christmas Day.
(d) On her wedding day.
4. How does Ian's grandfather react to seeing him after so many years away from home?
(a) He ignores Ian's return.
(b) He is angered by Ian's return.
(c) He is pleased by Ian's return.
(d) He is confused by Ian's return.
5. What is the name of Ian's home?
6. According to the contract he signs, which of the following is NOT something Ian inherits when his grandfather dies?
(a) His land.
(b) His debts.
(c) His money.
(d) His title.
7. What is the title Ian holds within his family?
(a) King of England.
(b) Marques of Kensington.
(c) Duke of Stanhope.
(d) Lord Everly.
8. What does Ian offer to buy from Elizabeth's uncle out of anger?
(a) His horses.
(b) His house.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His niece.
9. How does Elizabeth react when she hears that she is now engaged to Ian?
(a) She is pleased.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is outraged.
10. How does Ian convince Elizabeth's family to accept his marriage proposal?
(a) He pays them a large sum of money.
(b) He brings the vicar to pray with them as a family.
(c) He explains that the two are really in love.
(d) He threatens them with physical violence.
11. What does Alex promise to do before Elizabeth gets married?
(a) Save Havenhurst.
(b) Run away with her.
(c) Tell Ian how she truly feels.
(d) Repair her reputation.
12. Why doesn't Elizabeth tell Ian that she is planning to leave him?
(a) Because she has been sworn to secrecy.
(b) Because she doesn't think he will care.
(c) Because Robert threatened her into silence.
(d) Because she is afraid of his temper.
13. Whose engagement proposal forces Elizabeth to leave Ian's cottage and return home?
14. What does Elizabeth promise to refrain from after she is married to Ian?
15. What does Ian agree to let Elizabeth alter in order to appease her about their engagement?
(a) Their finances.
(b) Their wedding contract.
(c) Their guest list.
(d) The date of their wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Roddy Carstairs want to be seen with Elizabeth at the ball?
2. Who does Lucinda confess everything to before leaving Ian's cottage with Elizabeth for the engagement?
3. After their engagement, what does Elizabeth frequently chastise Ian about?
4. What is Ian's grandfather doing when he must wait impatiently before rushing off to find Elizabeth?
5. How long will Ian and Elizabeth court before announcing their engagement?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)