|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following aspects of marriage is most important to Elizabeth when she chooses a suitor?
2. What does Elizabeth promise to refrain from after she is married to Ian?
3. To whom is the Dowager Duchess related?
(a) To Elizabeth.
(b) To Ian.
(c) To Jake.
(d) To Alex.
4. How many women is Ian expected to dance with before he can dance with Elizabeth?
5. What does Robert show to Elizabeth in the hopes of proving his violent stories?
(b) Open wounds.
6. Which of the following committees does Elizabeth join after her wedding?
(a) A hospital committee.
(b) A church committee.
(c) A neighborhood committee.
(d) A school committee.
7. Why doesn't Elizabeth tell Ian the truth about her financial situation with Havenhurst?
(a) Because she does not know the truth herself.
(b) Because she is embarrassed.
(c) Because she has been sworn to secrecy.
(d) Because she doesn't trust Ian.
8. Traditionally, who are the first people to retire after a wedding ceremony?
(a) The children.
(b) The bride and groom.
(c) The benefactors.
(d) The wedding party.
9. Where does Elizabeth discover Ian's childhood treasure box?
(a) In a vault.
(b) Under his childhood bed.
(c) In a tree house.
(d) In the attic of the cottage.
10. How was Ian's family killed?
(a) In an Indian attack.
(b) From small pox.
(c) In a boat accident.
(d) In a house fire.
11. Which of the following adjectives best describes Duncan?
12. Who delivers the news to Elizabeth that she is no longer engaged to Sir Belhaven?
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Sir Belhaven.
13. When Elizabeth enters the ball with her escort, how do the other guests react?
(a) They ignore her.
(b) They toast her for her bravery.
(c) They welcome her to the party.
(d) They gossip about her.
14. What is the name of Alex's husband?
15. Whose memory does Ian keep alive with the contents of the treasure box?
(a) His grandfather's.
(b) His parents'.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His dog's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth agree to give to Ian in exchange for financial support for her home in Havenhurst?
2. How long will Ian and Elizabeth court before announcing their engagement?
3. Whose engagement proposal forces Elizabeth to leave Ian's cottage and return home?
4. After Ian kisses her on a long walk through the woods, why is Elizabeth overcome with embarrassment?
5. What claim about Ian does Robert make upon returning home?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)