|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Roddy Carstairs want to be seen with Elizabeth at the ball?
(a) Because he is afraid of Sir Belhaven's reaction.
(b) Because Elizabeth has such a bad reputation.
(c) Because he thinks Elizabeth is unattractive.
(d) Because Elizabeth is such a bad dancer.
2. Which of the following aspects of marriage is most important to Elizabeth when she chooses a suitor?
3. What is the name of the man Elizabeth finally gets to escort her after Roddy refuses?
4. What does Elizabeth say when she sees her engagement ring for the first time?
(a) That she will never take it off.
(b) That it is clearly too expensive.
(c) That it's the ring she has always dreamed of.
(d) That she does not like the color.
5. Which of the following committees does Elizabeth join after her wedding?
(a) A hospital committee.
(b) A neighborhood committee.
(c) A school committee.
(d) A church committee.
6. What does Elizabeth agree to give to Ian in exchange for financial support for her home in Havenhurst?
(a) Her virginity.
(c) Her hand in marriage.
(d) Her prized stallion.
7. Traditionally, who are the first people to retire after a wedding ceremony?
(a) The wedding party.
(b) The children.
(c) The benefactors.
(d) The bride and groom.
8. What does Ian agree to let Elizabeth alter in order to appease her about their engagement?
(a) Their wedding contract.
(b) The date of their wedding.
(c) Their guest list.
(d) Their finances.
9. Upon returning home with her new husband, what is the first question that crosses Elizabeth's mind?
(a) Who will cook us breakfast?
(b) Where will Ian sleep?
(c) Did Ian enjoy the wedding reception?
(d) Is Ian embarrassed to share our marital bed?
10. What ailment does Elizabeth claim is keeping her from returning to London from Havenhurst?
(c) A head cold.
11. What is Elizabeth doing when Robert returns to Havenhurst?
12. What claim about Ian does Robert make upon returning home?
(a) That Ian is a thief.
(b) That Ian is a murderer.
(c) That Ian is an adulturer.
(d) That Ian is insane.
13. Who delivers the news to Elizabeth that she is no longer engaged to Sir Belhaven?
(a) Sir Belhaven.
(d) Her uncle.
14. Why did Ian have Robert sent away?
(a) Because Robert was dangerous.
(b) Because Robert didn't want Ian to marry his sister.
(c) Because Robert was a thief.
(d) Because Robert asked to be sent away.
15. What is the name of Ian's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city does Ian meet up with his long-lost grandfather?
2. How does Ian react to seeing the items Elizabeth has removed from his treasure box?
3. After arriving to Ian's house, what does Elizabeth promise to teach Ian to do?
4. Which of the following best describes Ian's home?
5. What scene does Ian recreate for Elizabeth on their wedding day?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)