|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ian realize he must do if he wants to marry Elizabeth?
(a) Fight Elizabeth's fiance to the death.
(b) Convince Elizabeth's family that he is the better man.
(c) Make Elizabeth fall in love with him.
(d) Take over his grandfather's title.
2. Which of the following pieces of jewelry does Ian withhold giving to Elizabeth until he is sure she is really in love with him?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A brooch.
(d) A ring.
3. What is the title Ian holds within his family?
(a) Duke of Stanhope.
(b) Marques of Kensington.
(c) Lord Everly.
(d) King of England.
4. How does Elizabeth react when she hears that she is now engaged to Ian?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is pleased.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is confused.
5. In which city does Ian meet up with his long-lost grandfather?
6. What ailment does Elizabeth claim is keeping her from returning to London from Havenhurst?
(d) A head cold.
7. Why doesn't Elizabeth tell Ian the truth about her financial situation with Havenhurst?
(a) Because she does not know the truth herself.
(b) Because she is embarrassed.
(c) Because she has been sworn to secrecy.
(d) Because she doesn't trust Ian.
8. Which of the following objects is NOT hidden in Ian's childhood treasure box?
(a) A seashell.
(b) A diary.
(c) A ring.
(d) A sketchbook.
9. What does Alex promise to do before Elizabeth gets married?
(a) Repair her reputation.
(b) Save Havenhurst.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Tell Ian how she truly feels.
10. What does Elizabeth enjoy most about shopping at the markets in the village?
(a) The walk through the woods.
(b) Bargaining for prices.
(c) The feeling of independence.
(d) The handmade materials.
11. Which of the following men is Valerie betrothed to?
12. Upon returning home with her new husband, what is the first question that crosses Elizabeth's mind?
(a) Is Ian embarrassed to share our marital bed?
(b) Who will cook us breakfast?
(c) Did Ian enjoy the wedding reception?
(d) Where will Ian sleep?
13. What is Ian doing when Elizabeth leaves the cottage to accept her engagement?
14. What claim about Ian does Robert make upon returning home?
(a) That Ian is an adulturer.
(b) That Ian is insane.
(c) That Ian is a thief.
(d) That Ian is a murderer.
15. Who does Ian insult, scaring the man away from Elizabeth for the duration of the ball at his home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What scene does Ian recreate for Elizabeth on their wedding day?
2. Which of the following best describes Ian's home?
3. What does Ian agree to let Elizabeth alter in order to appease her about their engagement?
4. What does Elizabeth think motivated Ian's engagement proposal?
5. What is Ian's grandfather doing when he must wait impatiently before rushing off to find Elizabeth?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)