|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elizabeth enters the ball with her escort, how do the other guests react?
(a) They gossip about her.
(b) They toast her for her bravery.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They welcome her to the party.
2. Where does Elizabeth discover Ian's childhood treasure box?
(a) Under his childhood bed.
(b) In a tree house.
(c) In the attic of the cottage.
(d) In a vault.
3. What does Ian realize is holding Elizabeth back from wanting to court with him straight away?
(a) She does not have proper clothing.
(b) She does not really love him.
(c) She does not know how to dance.
(d) She does not have any friends.
4. Upon returning home with her new husband, what is the first question that crosses Elizabeth's mind?
(a) Who will cook us breakfast?
(b) Where will Ian sleep?
(c) Did Ian enjoy the wedding reception?
(d) Is Ian embarrassed to share our marital bed?
5. Where does Robert claim to have been working during the years he was away from home?
(a) In the mines.
(b) In a potato field.
(c) In a labor camp.
(d) On a lobster boat.
6. Where did Ian have Robert sent after their duel over Elizabeth's honor?
(a) To America.
(b) To a work house.
(c) To prison.
(d) To the caves.
7. What ailment does Elizabeth claim is keeping her from returning to London from Havenhurst?
(d) A head cold.
8. After their engagement, what does Elizabeth frequently chastise Ian about?
(a) His spending habits.
(b) His religious fervor.
(c) His flirtatious nature.
(d) His card playing.
9. What does Alex promise to do before Elizabeth gets married?
(a) Tell Ian how she truly feels.
(b) Repair her reputation.
(c) Save Havenhurst.
(d) Run away with her.
10. What is Ian doing when Elizabeth leaves the cottage to accept her engagement?
11. Why is Elizabeth willing to accept an engagement to a man she is not in love with?
(a) Because she does not believe in love.
(b) Because her family insists on the wedding.
(c) Because she is desperate for money.
(d) Because she is getting old and does not have many romantic options.
12. What is Ian's reaction to Havenhurst the first time he sees it?
(a) He is filled with nostalgia.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is amazed at its splendor.
(d) He is not impressed.
13. Which of the following men is Valerie betrothed to?
14. Where does Alex's husband claim Elizabeth is on the evening Ian cannot find her?
(a) At church.
(b) On a date.
(c) At the theater.
(d) At a ball.
15. How does Ian react to seeing the items Elizabeth has removed from his treasure box?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He is shocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth say when she sees her engagement ring for the first time?
2. Which of the following committees does Elizabeth join after her wedding?
3. Who delivers the news to Elizabeth that she is no longer engaged to Sir Belhaven?
4. Who does the private investigator claim probably killed Robert?
5. Which of the following objects is NOT hidden in Ian's childhood treasure box?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)