|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following committees does Elizabeth join after her wedding?
(a) A hospital committee.
(b) A neighborhood committee.
(c) A school committee.
(d) A church committee.
2. How does Ian react to seeing the items Elizabeth has removed from his treasure box?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is shocked.
3. Which of the following men apologizes to Elizabeth for shaming her two years previously?
(a) Ian Thornton.
(b) Sir Belhaven.
(c) Count Mondevale.
(d) The Duke of Stanhope.
4. Who does the private investigator claim probably killed Robert?
(a) His uncle.
(b) He killed himself.
(d) His gambling bookie.
5. What does Ian realize is holding Elizabeth back from wanting to court with him straight away?
(a) She does not have proper clothing.
(b) She does not really love him.
(c) She does not know how to dance.
(d) She does not have any friends.
6. After Ian kisses her on a long walk through the woods, why is Elizabeth overcome with embarrassment?
(a) Because she does not understand her feelings.
(b) Because she knows she has been lying to Ian.
(c) Because she stole Ian's childhood diary.
(d) Because she is still engaged to another man.
7. What does the investigator dislike most about Ian?
(a) His charm.
(b) His heritage.
(c) His dancing skills.
(d) His wealth.
8. What does Elizabeth agree to give to Ian in exchange for financial support for her home in Havenhurst?
(b) Her prized stallion.
(c) Her virginity.
(d) Her hand in marriage.
9. How does Elizabeth react to seeing Ian's home for the first time?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is shocked.
10. Which of the following objects is NOT hidden in Ian's childhood treasure box?
(a) A seashell.
(b) A ring.
(c) A sketchbook.
(d) A diary.
11. How does Elizabeth react when she hears that she is now engaged to Ian?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is outraged.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is pleased.
12. What does Elizabeth promise to refrain from after she is married to Ian?
13. Which of the following aspects of marriage is most important to Elizabeth when she chooses a suitor?
14. Which of the following best describes Ian's home?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A shack.
(c) A modest house.
(d) A cottage.
15. Where did Ian have Robert sent after their duel over Elizabeth's honor?
(a) To the caves.
(b) To a work house.
(c) To America.
(d) To prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivers the news to Elizabeth that she is no longer engaged to Sir Belhaven?
2. What does Elizabeth sell in order to fund her getaway with Robert?
3. What does Ian agree to let Elizabeth alter in order to appease her about their engagement?
4. How many women is Ian expected to dance with before he can dance with Elizabeth?
5. What does Ian realize he must do if he wants to marry Elizabeth?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)