|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ian have Robert sent away?
(a) Because Robert asked to be sent away.
(b) Because Robert didn't want Ian to marry his sister.
(c) Because Robert was dangerous.
(d) Because Robert was a thief.
2. Which of the following objects is NOT hidden in Ian's childhood treasure box?
(a) A ring.
(b) A diary.
(c) A seashell.
(d) A sketchbook.
3. When Ian cannot find Elizabeth after meeting with her family, where does he go to pass time?
(a) The zoo.
(b) A church.
(c) The library.
(d) A bar.
4. Whose engagement proposal forces Elizabeth to leave Ian's cottage and return home?
5. Who does Ian insult, scaring the man away from Elizabeth for the duration of the ball at his home?
6. Why is Elizabeth willing to accept an engagement to a man she is not in love with?
(a) Because her family insists on the wedding.
(b) Because she is getting old and does not have many romantic options.
(c) Because she does not believe in love.
(d) Because she is desperate for money.
7. Who delivers the news to Elizabeth that she is no longer engaged to Sir Belhaven?
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Sir Belhaven.
8. What does the investigator dislike most about Ian?
(a) His heritage.
(b) His charm.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His dancing skills.
9. What is Ian's grandfather doing when he must wait impatiently before rushing off to find Elizabeth?
(a) He is dressing.
(b) He is bathing.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is reading.
10. In which city does Ian meet up with his long-lost grandfather?
11. What does Ian offer to buy from Elizabeth's uncle out of anger?
(a) His niece.
(b) His horses.
(c) His house.
(d) His shoes.
12. What is the name of Alex's husband?
13. What is Elizabeth doing when Robert returns to Havenhurst?
14. Upon returning home with her new husband, what is the first question that crosses Elizabeth's mind?
(a) Did Ian enjoy the wedding reception?
(b) Is Ian embarrassed to share our marital bed?
(c) Who will cook us breakfast?
(d) Where will Ian sleep?
15. What is the title Ian holds within his family?
(a) Duke of Stanhope.
(b) Marques of Kensington.
(c) Lord Everly.
(d) King of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ian agree to let Elizabeth alter in order to appease her about their engagement?
2. What is the name of the man Elizabeth finally gets to escort her after Roddy refuses?
3. What claim about Ian does Robert make upon returning home?
4. Which of the following men apologizes to Elizabeth for shaming her two years previously?
5. How was Ian's family killed?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)