|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following pieces of jewelry does Ian withhold giving to Elizabeth until he is sure she is really in love with him?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A ring.
(d) A brooch.
2. What does Elizabeth promise to refrain from after she is married to Ian?
3. What does the investigator dislike most about Ian?
(a) His charm.
(b) His heritage.
(c) His dancing skills.
(d) His wealth.
4. What is the name of Alex's husband?
5. Who does Lucinda confess everything to before leaving Ian's cottage with Elizabeth for the engagement?
6. Who does Ian insult, scaring the man away from Elizabeth for the duration of the ball at his home?
7. Which of the following men apologizes to Elizabeth for shaming her two years previously?
(a) Ian Thornton.
(b) Count Mondevale.
(c) The Duke of Stanhope.
(d) Sir Belhaven.
8. What scene does Ian recreate for Elizabeth on their wedding day?
(a) The place where he proposed.
(b) The place where they first met.
(c) The place where they shared their first dance.
(d) The place where they shared their first kiss.
9. Where does Robert claim to have been working during the years he was away from home?
(a) In the mines.
(b) In a labor camp.
(c) On a lobster boat.
(d) In a potato field.
10. How does Ian convince Elizabeth's family to accept his marriage proposal?
(a) He brings the vicar to pray with them as a family.
(b) He threatens them with physical violence.
(c) He pays them a large sum of money.
(d) He explains that the two are really in love.
11. How was Ian's family killed?
(a) In a boat accident.
(b) From small pox.
(c) In an Indian attack.
(d) In a house fire.
12. Who accepts the engagement proposal on Elizabeth's behalf?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her maid.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her uncle.
13. Which of the following objects is NOT hidden in Ian's childhood treasure box?
(a) A ring.
(b) A seashell.
(c) A diary.
(d) A sketchbook.
14. How long will Ian and Elizabeth court before announcing their engagement?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
15. What does Ian realize is holding Elizabeth back from wanting to court with him straight away?
(a) She does not have any friends.
(b) She does not have proper clothing.
(c) She does not really love him.
(d) She does not know how to dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the contract he signs, which of the following is NOT something Ian inherits when his grandfather dies?
2. Why is Elizabeth willing to accept an engagement to a man she is not in love with?
3. What does Alex promise to do before Elizabeth gets married?
4. Which of the following characters officiates the wedding between Ian and Elizabeth?
5. What is the name of Ian's home?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)