|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ian have Robert sent after their duel over Elizabeth's honor?
(a) To the caves.
(b) To prison.
(c) To a work house.
(d) To America.
2. After their engagement, what does Elizabeth frequently chastise Ian about?
(a) His flirtatious nature.
(b) His card playing.
(c) His spending habits.
(d) His religious fervor.
3. What does Elizabeth promise to refrain from after she is married to Ian?
4. Traditionally, who are the first people to retire after a wedding ceremony?
(a) The benefactors.
(b) The children.
(c) The bride and groom.
(d) The wedding party.
5. What is Ian's reaction to Havenhurst the first time he sees it?
(a) He is filled with nostalgia.
(b) He is not impressed.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is amazed at its splendor.
6. What does Ian realize is holding Elizabeth back from wanting to court with him straight away?
(a) She does not really love him.
(b) She does not know how to dance.
(c) She does not have proper clothing.
(d) She does not have any friends.
7. How long will Ian and Elizabeth court before announcing their engagement?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two years.
8. How does Ian's grandfather react to seeing him after so many years away from home?
(a) He is confused by Ian's return.
(b) He is angered by Ian's return.
(c) He ignores Ian's return.
(d) He is pleased by Ian's return.
9. When Ian cannot find Elizabeth after meeting with her family, where does he go to pass time?
(a) A bar.
(b) The zoo.
(c) The library.
(d) A church.
10. Which of the following men apologizes to Elizabeth for shaming her two years previously?
(a) Ian Thornton.
(b) The Duke of Stanhope.
(c) Sir Belhaven.
(d) Count Mondevale.
11. Which of the following aspects of marriage is most important to Elizabeth when she chooses a suitor?
12. Which of the following adjectives best describes Duncan?
13. What does Elizabeth think motivated Ian's engagement proposal?
14. On which important day does Elizabeth finally hear back from her private investigator?
(a) On Independence Day.
(b) On Christmas Day.
(c) On her wedding day.
(d) On her birthday.
15. Which of the following facts about Ian is true?
(a) He is a fast bather.
(b) He is a fast hunter.
(c) He is a fast swimmer.
(d) He is a fast reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Ian and Elizabeth pretend NOT to know one another at the ball at Ian's house?
2. What does Robert show to Elizabeth in the hopes of proving his violent stories?
3. What bombshell does Duncan drop on Ian after Elizabeth leaves the house to accept her engagement?
4. What is Elizabeth doing when Robert returns to Havenhurst?
5. Where does Alex's husband claim Elizabeth is on the evening Ian cannot find her?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)