|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women is Ian expected to dance with before he can dance with Elizabeth?
2. Why doesn't Roddy Carstairs want to be seen with Elizabeth at the ball?
(a) Because he thinks Elizabeth is unattractive.
(b) Because Elizabeth is such a bad dancer.
(c) Because he is afraid of Sir Belhaven's reaction.
(d) Because Elizabeth has such a bad reputation.
3. What does Ian offer to buy from Elizabeth's uncle out of anger?
(a) His niece.
(b) His horses.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His house.
4. How does Ian react to seeing the items Elizabeth has removed from his treasure box?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He is angry.
5. What is the name of Alex's husband?
6. Who does Lucinda confess everything to before leaving Ian's cottage with Elizabeth for the engagement?
7. What does Elizabeth sell in order to fund her getaway with Robert?
(b) Her wedding ring.
(c) Her jewels.
(d) Her prize-winning stallion.
8. Traditionally, who are the first people to retire after a wedding ceremony?
(a) The children.
(b) The benefactors.
(c) The bride and groom.
(d) The wedding party.
9. Which of the following pieces of jewelry does Ian withhold giving to Elizabeth until he is sure she is really in love with him?
(a) A ring.
(b) A brooch.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A necklace.
10. When Elizabeth enters the ball with her escort, how do the other guests react?
(a) They welcome her to the party.
(b) They toast her for her bravery.
(c) They gossip about her.
(d) They ignore her.
11. What is Ian's grandfather doing when he must wait impatiently before rushing off to find Elizabeth?
(a) He is bathing.
(b) He is sleeping.
(c) He is reading.
(d) He is dressing.
12. What does Alex promise to do before Elizabeth gets married?
(a) Save Havenhurst.
(b) Tell Ian how she truly feels.
(c) Repair her reputation.
(d) Run away with her.
13. Who accepts the engagement proposal on Elizabeth's behalf?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her maid.
(d) Her brother.
14. Why doesn't Elizabeth tell Ian that she is planning to leave him?
(a) Because Robert threatened her into silence.
(b) Because she doesn't think he will care.
(c) Because she has been sworn to secrecy.
(d) Because she is afraid of his temper.
15. Upon returning home with her new husband, what is the first question that crosses Elizabeth's mind?
(a) Who will cook us breakfast?
(b) Did Ian enjoy the wedding reception?
(c) Where will Ian sleep?
(d) Is Ian embarrassed to share our marital bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men is Valerie betrothed to?
2. What is Ian's reaction to Havenhurst the first time he sees it?
3. According to the contract he signs, which of the following is NOT something Ian inherits when his grandfather dies?
4. When Ian cannot find Elizabeth after meeting with her family, where does he go to pass time?
5. Why doesn't Elizabeth tell Ian the truth about her financial situation with Havenhurst?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)