|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth react to seeing Ian's home for the first time?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She is shocked.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is confused.
2. What bombshell does Duncan drop on Ian after Elizabeth leaves the house to accept her engagement?
(a) That Elizabeth is very poor.
(b) That Elizabeth never wants to see him again.
(c) That Elizabeth is in love with him.
(d) That Elizabeth has been lying to him.
3. Which of the following committees does Elizabeth join after her wedding?
(a) A hospital committee.
(b) A neighborhood committee.
(c) A church committee.
(d) A school committee.
4. What does Elizabeth promise to refrain from after she is married to Ian?
5. Traditionally, who are the first people to retire after a wedding ceremony?
(a) The benefactors.
(b) The wedding party.
(c) The bride and groom.
(d) The children.
6. What is Elizabeth doing when Robert returns to Havenhurst?
7. How does Elizabeth react when she hears that she is now engaged to Ian?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is outraged.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is pleased.
8. When Elizabeth enters the ball with her escort, how do the other guests react?
(a) They welcome her to the party.
(b) They gossip about her.
(c) They toast her for her bravery.
(d) They ignore her.
9. How long will Ian and Elizabeth court before announcing their engagement?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two days.
10. After their engagement, what does Elizabeth frequently chastise Ian about?
(a) His religious fervor.
(b) His spending habits.
(c) His flirtatious nature.
(d) His card playing.
11. To whom is the Dowager Duchess related?
(a) To Elizabeth.
(b) To Jake.
(c) To Ian.
(d) To Alex.
12. What is Ian's reaction to Havenhurst the first time he sees it?
(a) He is filled with nostalgia.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is amazed at its splendor.
(d) He is not impressed.
13. How does Ian convince Elizabeth's family to accept his marriage proposal?
(a) He brings the vicar to pray with them as a family.
(b) He threatens them with physical violence.
(c) He explains that the two are really in love.
(d) He pays them a large sum of money.
14. What is Ian's grandfather doing when he must wait impatiently before rushing off to find Elizabeth?
(a) He is dressing.
(b) He is bathing.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is reading.
15. Who does Ian insult, scaring the man away from Elizabeth for the duration of the ball at his home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ian realize he must do if he wants to marry Elizabeth?
2. What ailment does Elizabeth claim is keeping her from returning to London from Havenhurst?
3. According to the contract he signs, which of the following is NOT something Ian inherits when his grandfather dies?
4. Upon returning home with her new husband, what is the first question that crosses Elizabeth's mind?
5. When Ian cannot find Elizabeth after meeting with her family, where does he go to pass time?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)