|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following committees does Elizabeth join after her wedding?
(a) A hospital committee.
(b) A church committee.
(c) A school committee.
(d) A neighborhood committee.
2. What does Alex promise to do before Elizabeth gets married?
(a) Tell Ian how she truly feels.
(b) Run away with her.
(c) Repair her reputation.
(d) Save Havenhurst.
3. In which city does Ian meet up with his long-lost grandfather?
4. Which of the following aspects of marriage is most important to Elizabeth when she chooses a suitor?
5. What is the name of Alex's husband?
6. Which of the following best describes Ian's home?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A modest house.
(c) A shack.
(d) A mansion.
7. Where does Elizabeth discover Ian's childhood treasure box?
(a) In a tree house.
(b) Under his childhood bed.
(c) In a vault.
(d) In the attic of the cottage.
8. When Elizabeth enters the ball with her escort, how do the other guests react?
(a) They gossip about her.
(b) They welcome her to the party.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They toast her for her bravery.
9. Why doesn't Elizabeth tell Ian the truth about her financial situation with Havenhurst?
(a) Because she doesn't trust Ian.
(b) Because she is embarrassed.
(c) Because she has been sworn to secrecy.
(d) Because she does not know the truth herself.
10. What is the name of Ian's home?
11. Who accepts the engagement proposal on Elizabeth's behalf?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her maid.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
12. After their engagement, what does Elizabeth frequently chastise Ian about?
(a) His flirtatious nature.
(b) His spending habits.
(c) His card playing.
(d) His religious fervor.
13. What bombshell does Duncan drop on Ian after Elizabeth leaves the house to accept her engagement?
(a) That Elizabeth has been lying to him.
(b) That Elizabeth is very poor.
(c) That Elizabeth never wants to see him again.
(d) That Elizabeth is in love with him.
14. How does Ian's grandfather react to seeing him after so many years away from home?
(a) He ignores Ian's return.
(b) He is angered by Ian's return.
(c) He is confused by Ian's return.
(d) He is pleased by Ian's return.
15. How does Ian convince Elizabeth's family to accept his marriage proposal?
(a) He threatens them with physical violence.
(b) He brings the vicar to pray with them as a family.
(c) He explains that the two are really in love.
(d) He pays them a large sum of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title Ian holds within his family?
2. To whom is the Dowager Duchess related?
3. Traditionally, who are the first people to retire after a wedding ceremony?
4. What is the name of the man Elizabeth finally gets to escort her after Roddy refuses?
5. Where did Ian have Robert sent after their duel over Elizabeth's honor?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)