|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ian kisses her on a long walk through the woods, why is Elizabeth overcome with embarrassment?
(a) Because she does not understand her feelings.
(b) Because she stole Ian's childhood diary.
(c) Because she knows she has been lying to Ian.
(d) Because she is still engaged to another man.
2. What is the title Ian holds within his family?
(a) King of England.
(b) Marques of Kensington.
(c) Duke of Stanhope.
(d) Lord Everly.
3. What scene does Ian recreate for Elizabeth on their wedding day?
(a) The place where he proposed.
(b) The place where they first met.
(c) The place where they shared their first dance.
(d) The place where they shared their first kiss.
4. What does Alex promise to do before Elizabeth gets married?
(a) Repair her reputation.
(b) Save Havenhurst.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Tell Ian how she truly feels.
5. How was Ian's family killed?
(a) In a house fire.
(b) From small pox.
(c) In an Indian attack.
(d) In a boat accident.
6. Where does Robert claim to have been working during the years he was away from home?
(a) In the mines.
(b) In a potato field.
(c) In a labor camp.
(d) On a lobster boat.
7. What does Elizabeth promise to refrain from after she is married to Ian?
8. Who does Ian insult, scaring the man away from Elizabeth for the duration of the ball at his home?
9. What does Ian realize is holding Elizabeth back from wanting to court with him straight away?
(a) She does not have proper clothing.
(b) She does not have any friends.
(c) She does not know how to dance.
(d) She does not really love him.
10. After arriving to Ian's house, what does Elizabeth promise to teach Ian to do?
(a) Bait a fishing hook.
(b) Darn socks.
(c) Bargain at the market.
(d) Cheat at cards.
11. Whose engagement proposal forces Elizabeth to leave Ian's cottage and return home?
12. To whom is the Dowager Duchess related?
(a) To Ian.
(b) To Alex.
(c) To Elizabeth.
(d) To Jake.
13. What does Ian offer to buy from Elizabeth's uncle out of anger?
(a) His house.
(b) His horses.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His niece.
14. Which of the following men apologizes to Elizabeth for shaming her two years previously?
(a) Ian Thornton.
(b) Sir Belhaven.
(c) The Duke of Stanhope.
(d) Count Mondevale.
15. Which of the following aspects of marriage is most important to Elizabeth when she chooses a suitor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ian realize he must do if he wants to marry Elizabeth?
2. What claim about Ian does Robert make upon returning home?
3. What is Ian doing when Elizabeth leaves the cottage to accept her engagement?
4. What ailment does Elizabeth claim is keeping her from returning to London from Havenhurst?
5. How does Elizabeth react to seeing Ian's home for the first time?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)