|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which important day does Elizabeth finally hear back from her private investigator?
(a) On her wedding day.
(b) On her birthday.
(c) On Independence Day.
(d) On Christmas Day.
2. How many women is Ian expected to dance with before he can dance with Elizabeth?
3. What is the title Ian holds within his family?
(a) Lord Everly.
(b) Marques of Kensington.
(c) Duke of Stanhope.
(d) King of England.
4. Which of the following aspects of marriage is most important to Elizabeth when she chooses a suitor?
5. At the time Elizabeth leaves Ian's house to accept the engagement, how much time has passed since the ill-fated meeting in the greenhouse?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two years.
6. What does Elizabeth sell in order to fund her getaway with Robert?
(b) Her prize-winning stallion.
(c) Her jewels.
(d) Her wedding ring.
7. To whom is the Dowager Duchess related?
(a) To Jake.
(b) To Alex.
(c) To Ian.
(d) To Elizabeth.
8. What is the name of Ian's home?
9. Who does Lucinda confess everything to before leaving Ian's cottage with Elizabeth for the engagement?
10. What does Ian realize he must do if he wants to marry Elizabeth?
(a) Take over his grandfather's title.
(b) Fight Elizabeth's fiance to the death.
(c) Convince Elizabeth's family that he is the better man.
(d) Make Elizabeth fall in love with him.
11. How does Ian's grandfather react to seeing him after so many years away from home?
(a) He ignores Ian's return.
(b) He is angered by Ian's return.
(c) He is pleased by Ian's return.
(d) He is confused by Ian's return.
12. Which of the following characters officiates the wedding between Ian and Elizabeth?
13. Where does Alex's husband claim Elizabeth is on the evening Ian cannot find her?
(a) On a date.
(b) At a ball.
(c) At the theater.
(d) At church.
14. How does Ian convince Elizabeth's family to accept his marriage proposal?
(a) He explains that the two are really in love.
(b) He threatens them with physical violence.
(c) He pays them a large sum of money.
(d) He brings the vicar to pray with them as a family.
15. What does Elizabeth think motivated Ian's engagement proposal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth enjoy most about shopping at the markets in the village?
2. Who does the private investigator claim probably killed Robert?
3. Why is Elizabeth willing to accept an engagement to a man she is not in love with?
4. Who does Ian insult, scaring the man away from Elizabeth for the duration of the ball at his home?
5. Where does Robert claim to have been working during the years he was away from home?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)