|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elizabeth doing when Robert returns to Havenhurst?
2. Which of the following best describes Ian's home?
(a) A shack.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A modest house.
(d) A mansion.
3. What does Ian realize he must do if he wants to marry Elizabeth?
(a) Make Elizabeth fall in love with him.
(b) Take over his grandfather's title.
(c) Convince Elizabeth's family that he is the better man.
(d) Fight Elizabeth's fiance to the death.
4. What does Ian agree to let Elizabeth alter in order to appease her about their engagement?
(a) The date of their wedding.
(b) Their wedding contract.
(c) Their finances.
(d) Their guest list.
5. What does Elizabeth agree to give to Ian in exchange for financial support for her home in Havenhurst?
(a) Her hand in marriage.
(b) Her virginity.
(d) Her prized stallion.
6. On which important day does Elizabeth finally hear back from her private investigator?
(a) On Independence Day.
(b) On her wedding day.
(c) On Christmas Day.
(d) On her birthday.
7. Which of the following committees does Elizabeth join after her wedding?
(a) A hospital committee.
(b) A church committee.
(c) A school committee.
(d) A neighborhood committee.
8. What does Elizabeth say when she sees her engagement ring for the first time?
(a) That it is clearly too expensive.
(b) That she does not like the color.
(c) That she will never take it off.
(d) That it's the ring she has always dreamed of.
9. Which of the following aspects of marriage is most important to Elizabeth when she chooses a suitor?
10. Who accepts the engagement proposal on Elizabeth's behalf?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her maid.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her father.
11. How does Elizabeth react to seeing Ian's home for the first time?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is shocked.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is embarrassed.
12. Where does Alex's husband claim Elizabeth is on the evening Ian cannot find her?
(a) On a date.
(b) At the theater.
(c) At church.
(d) At a ball.
13. Which of the following objects is NOT hidden in Ian's childhood treasure box?
(a) A sketchbook.
(b) A diary.
(c) A ring.
(d) A seashell.
14. After Ian kisses her on a long walk through the woods, why is Elizabeth overcome with embarrassment?
(a) Because she is still engaged to another man.
(b) Because she does not understand her feelings.
(c) Because she stole Ian's childhood diary.
(d) Because she knows she has been lying to Ian.
15. How was Ian's family killed?
(a) From small pox.
(b) In a boat accident.
(c) In a house fire.
(d) In an Indian attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ian have Robert sent after their duel over Elizabeth's honor?
2. What does Elizabeth promise to refrain from after she is married to Ian?
3. After their engagement, what does Elizabeth frequently chastise Ian about?
4. According to the contract he signs, which of the following is NOT something Ian inherits when his grandfather dies?
5. What does Robert show to Elizabeth in the hopes of proving his violent stories?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)