|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their duel, where does Robert shoot Ian?
(a) In the neck.
(b) In the foot.
(c) In the leg.
(d) In the arm.
2. How does Elizabeth respond when Ian kisses her after their first meal together?
(a) She enjoys it.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She is shocked, but gives in.
(d) She cries in the corner.
3. After the party, where does Ian ask Elizabeth to meet him?
(a) At the swimming pool.
(b) At the park.
(c) At the greenhouse.
(d) At the woodcutter's cabin.
4. Which of the following women is Elizabeth's best confidant when it comes to discussing romance?
5. What is the name of the home where Elizabeth was raised?
6. Which of the following activities is Jake most concerned with during the weekend at his home?
7. In what type of terrain is the cabin located?
(a) In the woods.
(b) Near the river.
(c) In a field.
(d) In the desert.
8. Where does Ian's friend Jake live?
(a) In Spain.
(b) In Scotland.
(c) In France.
(d) In Wales.
9. In what room of the house do people usually play cards?
(a) In the card room.
(b) In the game room.
(c) In the poker room.
(d) In the recreation room.
10. What is Ian's first impression of Elizabeth at the party?
(a) He thinks she is a silly girl.
(b) He is very attracted to her.
(c) He is not interested in her.
(d) He never meets her.
11. When Robert walks in on Elizabeth and Ian at their meeting place, what is the pair doing?
(c) Singing hymns.
(d) Playing cards.
12. How is Elizabeth related to Robert?
(a) She is his cousin.
(b) She is his stepsister.
(c) She is his half-sister.
(d) She is his sister.
13. Who hosts the party where Elizabeth meets Ian Thornton?
(a) A colleague.
(b) A fellow student.
(c) A cousin.
(d) A friend.
14. How is Ian related to the town vicar?
(a) The vicar is Ian's father.
(b) The vicar is Ian's brother.
(c) The vicar is Ian's cousin.
(d) The vicar is Ian's uncle.
15. What does Marchman promise to send a note to Elizabeth's uncle proclaiming?
(a) That Elizabeth is a liar.
(b) That they should be married at once.
(c) That they are not well-suited for each other.
(d) That he would like to take Elizabeth on vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's last name?
2. During their argument at Jake's house, what does Elizabeth threaten Ian with?
3. Which of the following activities does Elizabeth abstain from while fighting with Ian?
4. When Ian arrives at Jake's house, what has the family forgotten to send from the village?
5. How does Ian react when Elizabeth enters his cabin?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)