|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the duel with Ian, how many men does Elizabeth's uncle set her up on dates with?
2. While dining with Sir Belhaven, what does Elizabeth claim to want to do with all her money?
(a) Donate it to charity.
(b) Spend it on jewels.
(c) Spend it traveling.
(d) Save it in the bank.
3. Who is Lucinda?
(a) Elizabeth's school teacher.
(b) Elizabeth's mother.
(c) Elizabeth's sister.
(d) Elizabeth's duenna.
4. Where is the tassel hanging that Ian shoots off Robert?
(a) His vest.
(b) His tie.
(c) His hat.
(d) His boot.
5. How does Count Mondevale react to the news of the duel between Ian and Robert?
(a) He forbids Elizabeth from speaking with Ian ever again.
(b) He pushes up the wedding date.
(c) He calls off his engagement to Elizabeth.
(d) He has Robert shipped to a labor camp.
6. How does Marchman know that Elizabeth is lying to him about her interests?
(a) Because Marchman belives everyone is lying to him.
(b) Because she smirks when she lies.
(c) Because they met previously.
(d) Because he has read her diary.
7. After breakfast with Ian, where does Elizabeth run to cry?
(a) The garden.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The carriage house.
8. After touring the cottage, what opinion does Elizabeth have about Ian?
(a) That he is poor.
(b) That he is rich.
(c) That he is rugged.
(d) That he is modest.
9. Which of the following activities is Jake most concerned with during the weekend at his home?
10. What type of man does Elizabeth think will give her the most independence in marriage?
(a) An old man.
(b) A poor man.
(c) An honest man.
(d) A religious man.
11. What do Elizabeth's friends dare her to do when she meets Ian?
(a) Dance with him.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Steal from him.
(d) Seduce him.
12. What happens when Jake attempts to make breakfast for his guests, Lucinda and Elizabeth?
(a) He does not have enough food to go around.
(b) He injures himself on the paring knife.
(c) He mistakes sugar for salt.
(d) He burns everything.
13. During their duel, where does Robert shoot Ian?
(a) In the foot.
(b) In the arm.
(c) In the neck.
(d) In the leg.
14. How is Elizabeth related to Robert?
(a) She is his cousin.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his half-sister.
(d) She is his stepsister.
15. How does Robert feel after his duel with Ian?
(a) He is proud.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is subdued.
(d) He is humiliated.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of terrain is the cabin located?
2. Who does Elizabeth believe the note requesting a meeting is from?
3. What strange behavior does Elizabeth act out over dinner with Sir Belhaven?
4. What type of weather forces Elizabeth into a nearby cottage?
5. Who is in charge of finding a husband for Elizabeth?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)