|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ian's friend Jake live?
(a) In Wales.
(b) In France.
(c) In Spain.
(d) In Scotland.
2. Which of the following is true about Elizabeth's father?
(a) He loved to gamble.
(b) He loved to set fires.
(c) He loved to ride horses.
(d) He loved to drink alcohol.
3. What is the name of the home where Elizabeth was raised?
4. Why doesn't Elizabeth leave the party with her traveling group?
(a) Because she would rather travel with Ian.
(b) Because she was not invited.
(c) Becuase she has a prior engagement.
(d) Beause she accidentally oversleeps.
5. What is the one thing Robert claims Elizabeth is missing in her personality?
6. Who accompanies Jake into town to find a cook to bring back to the cottage?
7. After touring the cottage, what opinion does Elizabeth have about Ian?
(a) That he is rich.
(b) That he is modest.
(c) That he is poor.
(d) That he is rugged.
8. Who does Elizabeth confess her indiscretions to after returning from the cabin?
(a) To her priest.
(b) To her maid.
(c) To her best friend.
(d) To her brother.
9. Which of the following characteristics is NOT important in the search for Elizabeth's husband?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His social standing.
(c) His title.
(d) His morals.
10. Who hosts the party where Elizabeth meets Ian Thornton?
(a) A fellow student.
(b) A colleague.
(c) A cousin.
(d) A friend.
11. Who does Elizabeth request to come pick her up early from the excursion?
(a) Her father.
(b) Ian Thornton.
(d) Count Mondevale.
12. What does Marchman promise to send a note to Elizabeth's uncle proclaiming?
(a) That he would like to take Elizabeth on vacation.
(b) That Elizabeth is a liar.
(c) That they should be married at once.
(d) That they are not well-suited for each other.
13. When Elizabeth receives the unexpected note, where does it ask her to meet someone?
(a) At the ship dock.
(b) At the greenhouse.
(c) Under the bridge.
(d) At the town church.
14. After re-inviting Elizabeth back into the home after their argument, how does Ian treat her?
(a) He is friendly and jokes about their fight.
(b) He apologizes to her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He continues to argue with her.
15. How does Elizabeth fare in her initial debut into high society?
(a) She receives one proposal.
(b) She does not receive any proposals.
(c) She receives many proposals.
(d) She receives two proposals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert confess to Ian after walking in on him with Elizabeth?
2. In what room of the house do people usually play cards?
3. Where is the tassel hanging that Ian shoots off Robert?
4. How does Ian react when Elizabeth cooks breakfast for him the first time?
5. What message did Elizabeth receive that she claims was in invitation to Jake's home?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)