|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ian related to the town vicar?
(a) The vicar is Ian's father.
(b) The vicar is Ian's uncle.
(c) The vicar is Ian's cousin.
(d) The vicar is Ian's brother.
2. When Ian arrives at Jake's house, what has the family forgotten to send from the village?
3. After the party, where does Ian ask Elizabeth to meet him?
(a) At the park.
(b) At the swimming pool.
(c) At the woodcutter's cabin.
(d) At the greenhouse.
4. Which of the following characteristics is NOT important in the search for Elizabeth's husband?
(a) His morals.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His title.
(d) His social standing.
5. How does Elizabeth respond when Ian kisses her after their first meal together?
(a) She is shocked, but gives in.
(b) She enjoys it.
(c) She cries in the corner.
(d) She slaps him.
6. Which of the following characters points out that both Elizabeth and Ian are missing from the excursion in the city?
7. When Robert walks in on Elizabeth and Ian at their meeting place, what is the pair doing?
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Singing hymns.
8. How does Marchman know that Elizabeth is lying to him about her interests?
(a) Because she smirks when she lies.
(b) Because they met previously.
(c) Because he has read her diary.
(d) Because Marchman belives everyone is lying to him.
9. Which of the following activities do Elizabeth and Ian partake in during their day alone together at the cottage?
(b) Fox hunting.
(c) Target practice.
(d) Poker playing.
10. Where does Ian's friend Jake live?
(a) In Scotland.
(b) In France.
(c) In Wales.
(d) In Spain.
11. Who does Elizabeth request to come pick her up early from the excursion?
(a) Her father.
(b) Count Mondevale.
(c) Ian Thornton.
12. Which of the following activities is Jake most concerned with during the weekend at his home?
13. Who hosts the party where Elizabeth meets Ian Thornton?
(a) A fellow student.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A colleague.
(d) A friend.
14. If Elizabeth were to leave Jake's house and travel to the nearest city, how long would it take her to arrive there?
(a) One day.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week.
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes Elizabeth's weekend with Ian at Jake's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. While dining with Sir Belhaven, what does Elizabeth claim to want to do with all her money?
2. What is the name of the home where Elizabeth was raised?
3. Which of the following women is Elizabeth's best confidant when it comes to discussing romance?
4. Which of the following is true about Elizabeth's father?
5. Why does Elizabeth turn down Ian's request to meet him after the party?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)