|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the party where Elizabeth meets Ian meant to last?
(a) A weekend.
(b) An evening.
(c) A week.
(d) A day.
2. How does Marchman feel about Belhaven?
(a) He thinks Belhaven is an honest man.
(b) He thinks Belhaven is a liar.
(c) He thinks Belhaven would make a good husband for Elizabeth.
(d) He thinks Belhaven is lecherous.
3. How is Elizabeth related to Robert?
(a) She is his half-sister.
(b) She is his stepsister.
(c) She is his cousin.
(d) She is his sister.
4. After attempting to make breakfast for Ian, what does Elizabeth realize about herself?
(a) That no man will ever love her.
(b) That she will never be capable of loving Ian.
(c) That she is very inexperienced with men.
(d) That she has no sense of humor.
5. Who does Ian realize mistakenly invited Elizabeth to Jake's home?
(a) His friend.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
6. Which of the following characters is so deeply humiliated at the party, that he leaves without turning back?
(a) Sir Frances Belhaven.
(b) Ian Thornton.
(c) Lord Everly.
(d) Robert Cameron.
7. What card game does Ian engage in at the party where he meets Elizabeth?
8. What is Lucinda's last name?
9. What is Ian's first impression of Elizabeth at the party?
(a) He is not interested in her.
(b) He never meets her.
(c) He is very attracted to her.
(d) He thinks she is a silly girl.
10. Where does Ian's friend Jake live?
(a) In Spain.
(b) In France.
(c) In Wales.
(d) In Scotland.
11. After breakfast with Ian, where does Elizabeth run to cry?
(a) The carriage house.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The garden.
12. While dining with Sir Belhaven, what does Elizabeth claim to want to do with all her money?
(a) Spend it on jewels.
(b) Donate it to charity.
(c) Save it in the bank.
(d) Spend it traveling.
13. How does Ian's card game opponent react to being beaten at a party?
(a) He spreads quiet rumors about Ian.
(b) He shakes Ian's hand.
(c) He ignores the game completely.
(d) He accuses Ian of cheating.
14. What is Elizabeth concerned about when she realizes she will be alone with Ian in the cabin?
(a) Her safety.
(b) Her engagements.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her reputation.
15. How does Elizabeth react when she first hears Ian's name?
(a) She is pleased.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She is nervous.
Short Answer Questions
1. After re-inviting Elizabeth back into the home after their argument, how does Ian treat her?
2. When Elizabeth arrives at the meeting place and finds Ian there, what does she think he has come to do?
3. Which of the following activities do Elizabeth and Ian partake in during their day alone together at the cottage?
4. Which of the following behaviors does Elizabeth partake in during her date with Marchman?
5. Who accompanies Jake into town to find a cook to bring back to the cottage?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)