|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like when Elizabeth and Lucinda sit on the curb outside Jake's house?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is windy.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is sunny.
2. Why doesn't Elizabeth leave the party with her traveling group?
(a) Beause she accidentally oversleeps.
(b) Because she would rather travel with Ian.
(c) Becuase she has a prior engagement.
(d) Because she was not invited.
3. Who does Elizabeth bring with her, disguised as her aunt, to chaperon the dates?
(a) Her maid.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her duenna.
4. How is Ian related to the town vicar?
(a) The vicar is Ian's brother.
(b) The vicar is Ian's cousin.
(c) The vicar is Ian's father.
(d) The vicar is Ian's uncle.
5. Which word is used to describe Ian on the day when Elizabeth meets him for the first time?
6. Which of the following activities most interests Sir Belhaven?
7. When Elizabeth receives the unexpected note, where does it ask her to meet someone?
(a) At the town church.
(b) Under the bridge.
(c) At the greenhouse.
(d) At the ship dock.
8. In what type of terrain is the cabin located?
(a) In the desert.
(b) In a field.
(c) Near the river.
(d) In the woods.
9. Where is the tassel hanging that Ian shoots off Robert?
(a) His tie.
(b) His hat.
(c) His boot.
(d) His vest.
10. How does Elizabeth react to being called out as a liar?
(a) She denies everything.
(b) She begs Marchman for help.
(c) She begins weeping.
(d) She ignores Marchman for the rest of the day.
11. How does Elizabeth react when she first hears Ian's name?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She is pleased.
12. Why does Lucinda think Ian is the grandson of the Duke of Stanhope?
(a) Because Ian told her so.
(b) Because she has heard rumors.
(c) Because she remembers when Ian was born.
(d) Because they look very similar.
13. What was Ian seen packing before disappearing from the group?
(b) A change of clothes.
(c) A gun.
(d) A picnic.
14. Which of the following is true about Elizabeth's father?
(a) He loved to gamble.
(b) He loved to drink alcohol.
(c) He loved to set fires.
(d) He loved to ride horses.
15. What is Elizabeth's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ian react when Elizabeth cooks breakfast for him the first time?
2. How does Marchman know that Elizabeth is lying to him about her interests?
3. How does Count Mondevale react to the news of the duel between Ian and Robert?
4. What message did Elizabeth receive that she claims was in invitation to Jake's home?
5. Which of the following activities does Elizabeth abstain from while fighting with Ian?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)