|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucinda's last name?
2. Where is the tassel hanging that Ian shoots off Robert?
(a) His vest.
(b) His boot.
(c) His hat.
(d) His tie.
3. While dining with Sir Belhaven, what does Elizabeth claim to want to do with all her money?
(a) Spend it traveling.
(b) Donate it to charity.
(c) Save it in the bank.
(d) Spend it on jewels.
4. Who does Ian beat mercilessly in cards at the party where he meets Elizabeth?
(a) Sir Frances Belhaven.
(b) Robert Cameron.
(c) Count Mondevale.
(d) Sir Everly.
5. What type of weather forces Elizabeth into a nearby cottage?
6. What is the name of the home where Elizabeth was raised?
7. In what room of the house does Marchman spend most of his time with Elizabeth?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The greenhouse.
(c) The study.
(d) The kitchen.
8. After re-inviting Elizabeth back into the home after their argument, how does Ian treat her?
(a) He is friendly and jokes about their fight.
(b) He apologizes to her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He continues to argue with her.
9. Who is in charge of finding a husband for Elizabeth?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her uncle.
10. What strange behavior does Elizabeth act out over dinner with Sir Belhaven?
(a) She prays at length.
(b) She has the hiccups.
(c) She pretends to be drunk.
(d) She begins singing loudly.
11. What does Marchman promise to send a note to Elizabeth's uncle proclaiming?
(a) That he would like to take Elizabeth on vacation.
(b) That they are not well-suited for each other.
(c) That Elizabeth is a liar.
(d) That they should be married at once.
12. Which of the following men is considered to be the wealthiest?
(a) Sir Frances Belhaven.
(b) Ian Thornton.
(c) Robert Cameron.
(d) Count Mondevale.
13. After attempting to make breakfast for Ian, what does Elizabeth realize about herself?
(a) That she will never be capable of loving Ian.
(b) That she has no sense of humor.
(c) That no man will ever love her.
(d) That she is very inexperienced with men.
14. Which of the following charms does Elizabeth often use to get what she wants from men?
(a) Her honesty.
(b) Her wit.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Her beatuy.
15. Which of the following activities does Elizabeth abstain from while fighting with Ian?
Short Answer Questions
1. During their argument at Jake's house, what does Elizabeth threaten Ian with?
2. What message did Elizabeth receive that she claims was in invitation to Jake's home?
3. What meal are all the guests served at the party where Elizabeth and Ian meet?
4. After touring the cottage, what opinion does Elizabeth have about Ian?
5. Which of the following activities do Elizabeth and Ian partake in during their day alone together at the cottage?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)