|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth travel from one city to another when her group leaves her behind?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) On a horse.
(c) On foot.
(d) By boat.
2. Which of the following women is Elizabeth's best confidant when it comes to discussing romance?
3. How does Ian react when Elizabeth and Lucinda unexpectedly arrive?
(a) He sends them away.
(b) He ignores them.
(c) He welcomes them into the home.
(d) He arranges for them to stay elsewhere.
4. What is the weather like when Elizabeth and Lucinda sit on the curb outside Jake's house?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is windy.
(c) It is sunny.
(d) It is snowing.
5. Who does Elizabeth request to come pick her up early from the excursion?
(a) Count Mondevale.
(c) Ian Thornton.
(d) Her father.
6. In what room of the house does Marchman spend most of his time with Elizabeth?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The study.
(c) The greenhouse.
(d) The kitchen.
7. Who does Elizabeth confess her indiscretions to after returning from the cabin?
(a) To her best friend.
(b) To her priest.
(c) To her brother.
(d) To her maid.
8. Why does Elizabeth turn down Ian's request to meet him after the party?
(a) Because she already has plans.
(b) Because she is not interested in Ian.
(c) Because she misunderstood his request.
(d) Because the meeting would be inappropriate.
9. What is Ian's first impression of Elizabeth at the party?
(a) He is very attracted to her.
(b) He never meets her.
(c) He is not interested in her.
(d) He thinks she is a silly girl.
10. Who is in charge of finding a husband for Elizabeth?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her father.
11. What is the name of the home where Elizabeth was raised?
12. Which of the following activities do Elizabeth and Ian partake in during their day alone together at the cottage?
(a) Fox hunting.
(c) Target practice.
(d) Poker playing.
13. Which of the following characters is so deeply humiliated at the party, that he leaves without turning back?
(a) Ian Thornton.
(b) Sir Frances Belhaven.
(c) Lord Everly.
(d) Robert Cameron.
14. After the party, where does Ian ask Elizabeth to meet him?
(a) At the woodcutter's cabin.
(b) At the swimming pool.
(c) At the greenhouse.
(d) At the park.
15. How old was Elizabeth when she was orphaned?
(a) She was a teenager.
(b) She was an adult.
(c) She was a small child.
(d) She was a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their argument at Jake's house, what does Elizabeth threaten Ian with?
2. How does Ian's card game opponent react to being beaten at a party?
3. Who does Ian beat mercilessly in cards at the party where he meets Elizabeth?
4. After the duel with Ian, how many men does Elizabeth's uncle set her up on dates with?
5. What does Marchman promise to send a note to Elizabeth's uncle proclaiming?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)