|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth turn down Ian's request to meet him after the party?
(a) Because she already has plans.
(b) Because the meeting would be inappropriate.
(c) Because she is not interested in Ian.
(d) Because she misunderstood his request.
2. How does Elizabeth travel from one city to another when her group leaves her behind?
(a) On foot.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) On a horse.
(d) By boat.
3. Why does Lucinda think Ian is the grandson of the Duke of Stanhope?
(a) Because she has heard rumors.
(b) Because Ian told her so.
(c) Because they look very similar.
(d) Because she remembers when Ian was born.
4. Which of the following activities is Jake most concerned with during the weekend at his home?
5. During their argument at Jake's house, what does Elizabeth threaten Ian with?
(a) A gun.
(b) A vase.
(c) A knife.
(d) A rock.
6. How does Ian react when Elizabeth cooks breakfast for him the first time?
(a) He eats it even though it is terrible.
(b) He spits the food into her face.
(c) He claims it to be the best meal he's ever eaten.
(d) He accuses her of trying to poison him.
7. After telling Ian that she knows who he is, what does Lucinda request of him?
(a) A tour of the Duke's palace.
(b) Money to keep her mouth shut.
(c) A wedding engagement.
(d) Proper treatment toward Elizabeth.
8. Which of the following charms does Elizabeth often use to get what she wants from men?
(a) Her beatuy.
(b) Her wit.
(c) Her honesty.
(d) All of the above.
9. How does Marchman know that Elizabeth is lying to him about her interests?
(a) Because she smirks when she lies.
(b) Because he has read her diary.
(c) Because they met previously.
(d) Because Marchman belives everyone is lying to him.
10. Why does Elizabeth's family almost lose their home?
(a) Because of a flood.
(b) Because of an earthquake.
(c) Because of a fire.
(d) Because of their debts.
11. Who does Elizabeth request to come pick her up early from the excursion?
(a) Her father.
(c) Ian Thornton.
(d) Count Mondevale.
12. How is Elizabeth related to Robert?
(a) She is his stepsister.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his cousin.
(d) She is his half-sister.
13. Which word is used to describe Ian on the day when Elizabeth meets him for the first time?
14. How is Ian related to the town vicar?
(a) The vicar is Ian's uncle.
(b) The vicar is Ian's father.
(c) The vicar is Ian's cousin.
(d) The vicar is Ian's brother.
15. What do Elizabeth's friends dare her to do when she meets Ian?
(a) Steal from him.
(b) Seduce him.
(c) Dance with him.
(d) Kiss him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elizabeth react when she sees Ian flirting with other women at the party?
2. What meal are all the guests served at the party where Elizabeth and Ian meet?
3. Who is Lucinda?
4. In what room of the house does Marchman spend most of his time with Elizabeth?
5. How does Count Mondevale react to the news of the duel between Ian and Robert?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)