|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lucinda?
(a) Elizabeth's mother.
(b) Elizabeth's duenna.
(c) Elizabeth's sister.
(d) Elizabeth's school teacher.
2. In what room of the house do people usually play cards?
(a) In the recreation room.
(b) In the game room.
(c) In the poker room.
(d) In the card room.
3. How does Marchman feel about Belhaven?
(a) He thinks Belhaven is a liar.
(b) He thinks Belhaven would make a good husband for Elizabeth.
(c) He thinks Belhaven is lecherous.
(d) He thinks Belhaven is an honest man.
4. What message did Elizabeth receive that she claims was in invitation to Jake's home?
(a) A letter.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A messenger pigeon.
5. After telling Ian that she knows who he is, what does Lucinda request of him?
(a) A tour of the Duke's palace.
(b) Money to keep her mouth shut.
(c) Proper treatment toward Elizabeth.
(d) A wedding engagement.
6. After attempting to make breakfast for Ian, what does Elizabeth realize about herself?
(a) That she will never be capable of loving Ian.
(b) That she is very inexperienced with men.
(c) That she has no sense of humor.
(d) That no man will ever love her.
7. How does Robert feel after his duel with Ian?
(a) He is proud.
(b) He is humiliated.
(c) He is subdued.
(d) He is confused.
8. Who does Elizabeth confess her indiscretions to after returning from the cabin?
(a) To her priest.
(b) To her best friend.
(c) To her brother.
(d) To her maid.
9. Which of the following charms does Elizabeth often use to get what she wants from men?
(a) Her beatuy.
(b) Her honesty.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Her wit.
10. Why does Elizabeth's family almost lose their home?
(a) Because of an earthquake.
(b) Because of their debts.
(c) Because of a fire.
(d) Because of a flood.
11. What happens when Jake attempts to make breakfast for his guests, Lucinda and Elizabeth?
(a) He injures himself on the paring knife.
(b) He burns everything.
(c) He mistakes sugar for salt.
(d) He does not have enough food to go around.
12. Which of the following men is considered to be the wealthiest?
(a) Ian Thornton.
(b) Sir Frances Belhaven.
(c) Count Mondevale.
(d) Robert Cameron.
13. After Elizabeth asks Ian questions over dinner, what does Ian think about her?
(a) That she is immature.
(b) That she is intelligent.
(c) That she is stuck-up.
(d) That she is annoying.
14. Who hosts the party where Elizabeth meets Ian Thornton?
(a) A fellow student.
(b) A friend.
(c) A colleague.
(d) A cousin.
15. How does Marchman know that Elizabeth is lying to him about her interests?
(a) Because Marchman belives everyone is lying to him.
(b) Because he has read her diary.
(c) Because she smirks when she lies.
(d) Because they met previously.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters points out that both Elizabeth and Ian are missing from the excursion in the city?
2. Which of the following activities most interests Sir Belhaven?
3. What does Robert confess to Ian after walking in on him with Elizabeth?
4. Why do Lucinda and Elizabeth arrive at Jake's home?
5. What is the weather like when Elizabeth and Lucinda sit on the curb outside Jake's house?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)