|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth fare in her initial debut into high society?
(a) She does not receive any proposals.
(b) She receives many proposals.
(c) She receives two proposals.
(d) She receives one proposal.
2. After they kiss for the first time, what does Ian confess to Elizabeth?
(a) That he is already married.
(b) That he is a convict.
(c) That she is a terrible kisser.
(d) That he is in love with her.
3. What is a duenna?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A chaperon.
4. Why does Elizabeth's family almost lose their home?
(a) Because of a flood.
(b) Because of their debts.
(c) Because of a fire.
(d) Because of an earthquake.
5. After breakfast with Ian, where does Elizabeth run to cry?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The carriage house.
(c) The garden.
(d) The bathroom.
6. How does Elizabeth react when she sees Ian flirting with other women at the party?
(a) She is amused.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is jealous.
(d) She ignores him completely.
7. Who does Ian realize mistakenly invited Elizabeth to Jake's home?
(a) His friend.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His secretary.
8. After the duel with Ian, how many men does Elizabeth's uncle set her up on dates with?
9. What happens when Jake attempts to make breakfast for his guests, Lucinda and Elizabeth?
(a) He burns everything.
(b) He injures himself on the paring knife.
(c) He mistakes sugar for salt.
(d) He does not have enough food to go around.
10. How long is the party where Elizabeth meets Ian meant to last?
(a) An evening.
(b) A weekend.
(c) A week.
(d) A day.
11. When Robert walks in on Elizabeth and Ian at their meeting place, what is the pair doing?
(b) Singing hymns.
(c) Playing cards.
12. Which of the following charms does Elizabeth often use to get what she wants from men?
(a) Her beatuy.
(b) Her honesty.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Her wit.
13. What is Ian's first impression of Elizabeth at the party?
(a) He is very attracted to her.
(b) He thinks she is a silly girl.
(c) He is not interested in her.
(d) He never meets her.
14. Which of the following women is Elizabeth's best confidant when it comes to discussing romance?
15. Who hosts the party where Elizabeth meets Ian Thornton?
(a) A fellow student.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A friend.
(d) A colleague.
Short Answer Questions
1. While dining with Sir Belhaven, what does Elizabeth claim to want to do with all her money?
2. What type of weather forces Elizabeth into a nearby cottage?
3. During their duel, where does Robert shoot Ian?
4. Why doesn't Elizabeth leave the party with her traveling group?
5. Who does Elizabeth believe the note requesting a meeting is from?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)