|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like when Elizabeth and Lucinda sit on the curb outside Jake's house?
(a) It is windy.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is sunny.
(d) It is snowing.
2. How does Elizabeth travel from one city to another when her group leaves her behind?
(a) On foot.
(b) By boat.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) On a horse.
3. During their argument at Jake's house, what does Elizabeth threaten Ian with?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A vase.
(d) A rock.
4. What meal are all the guests served at the party where Elizabeth and Ian meet?
5. After re-inviting Elizabeth back into the home after their argument, how does Ian treat her?
(a) He continues to argue with her.
(b) He apologizes to her.
(c) He is friendly and jokes about their fight.
(d) He ignores her.
6. Which of the following characteristics is NOT important in the search for Elizabeth's husband?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His morals.
(c) His title.
(d) His social standing.
7. While dining with Sir Belhaven, what does Elizabeth claim to want to do with all her money?
(a) Spend it on jewels.
(b) Save it in the bank.
(c) Donate it to charity.
(d) Spend it traveling.
8. What strange behavior does Elizabeth act out over dinner with Sir Belhaven?
(a) She pretends to be drunk.
(b) She begins singing loudly.
(c) She has the hiccups.
(d) She prays at length.
9. What is Ian's first impression of Elizabeth at the party?
(a) He is not interested in her.
(b) He never meets her.
(c) He is very attracted to her.
(d) He thinks she is a silly girl.
10. How does Count Mondevale react to the news of the duel between Ian and Robert?
(a) He has Robert shipped to a labor camp.
(b) He pushes up the wedding date.
(c) He forbids Elizabeth from speaking with Ian ever again.
(d) He calls off his engagement to Elizabeth.
11. After Elizabeth asks Ian questions over dinner, what does Ian think about her?
(a) That she is annoying.
(b) That she is immature.
(c) That she is intelligent.
(d) That she is stuck-up.
12. When Robert walks in on Elizabeth and Ian at their meeting place, what is the pair doing?
(a) Playing cards.
(d) Singing hymns.
13. After touring the cottage, what opinion does Elizabeth have about Ian?
(a) That he is modest.
(b) That he is rugged.
(c) That he is poor.
(d) That he is rich.
14. Which of the following activities most interests Lord Marchman?
15. Who accompanies Jake into town to find a cook to bring back to the cottage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ian seen packing before disappearing from the group?
2. After attempting to make breakfast for Ian, what does Elizabeth realize about herself?
3. Which word is used to describe Ian on the day when Elizabeth meets him for the first time?
4. What type of man does Elizabeth think will give her the most independence in marriage?
5. Who hosts the party where Elizabeth meets Ian Thornton?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)