|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sir Belahaven's final impression of Elizabeth when he watches her leave?
(a) He decides to propose immediately.
(b) He is unsure whether he wants to marry her or not.
(c) He decides to call off the courtship.
(d) He decides he only wants to bed her, and then forget about her.
2. How does Ian react when Elizabeth enters his cabin?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He is angered.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is confused.
3. Why does Elizabeth turn down Ian's request to meet him after the party?
(a) Because she misunderstood his request.
(b) Because the meeting would be inappropriate.
(c) Because she is not interested in Ian.
(d) Because she already has plans.
4. Which word is used to describe Ian on the day when Elizabeth meets him for the first time?
5. What is Ian's first impression of Elizabeth at the party?
(a) He is not interested in her.
(b) He is very attracted to her.
(c) He never meets her.
(d) He thinks she is a silly girl.
6. What does Robert confess to Ian after walking in on him with Elizabeth?
(a) That Elizabeth is a thief.
(b) That Elizabeth is in love with him.
(c) That Elizabeth is very poor.
(d) That Elizabeth is already engaged.
7. How does Elizabeth fare in her initial debut into high society?
(a) She receives many proposals.
(b) She receives two proposals.
(c) She receives one proposal.
(d) She does not receive any proposals.
8. In what room of the house do people usually play cards?
(a) In the recreation room.
(b) In the game room.
(c) In the card room.
(d) In the poker room.
9. How does Marchman feel about Belhaven?
(a) He thinks Belhaven is an honest man.
(b) He thinks Belhaven is lecherous.
(c) He thinks Belhaven is a liar.
(d) He thinks Belhaven would make a good husband for Elizabeth.
10. What meal are all the guests served at the party where Elizabeth and Ian meet?
11. What does Ian accuse Elizabeth of when she arrives at Jake's home?
(a) Trying to have him killed.
(b) Stalking him.
(c) Lying about her engagement.
(d) Setting him up for embarrassment.
12. What type of weather forces Elizabeth into a nearby cottage?
13. What message did Elizabeth receive that she claims was in invitation to Jake's home?
(a) A letter.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A messenger pigeon.
(d) A phone call.
14. How does Elizabeth dress when she arrives at Sir Francis Belhaven's home?
(a) In rags.
(b) In a very modest dress.
(c) In a flashy, short dress.
(d) In furs and jewels.
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes Elizabeth's weekend with Ian at Jake's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. After breakfast with Ian, where does Elizabeth run to cry?
2. How does Count Mondevale react to the news of the duel between Ian and Robert?
3. What is Lucinda's last name?
4. How does Ian react when Elizabeth cooks breakfast for him the first time?
5. Who does Elizabeth believe the note requesting a meeting is from?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)