|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ian accuse Elizabeth of when she arrives at Jake's home?
(a) Lying about her engagement.
(b) Stalking him.
(c) Setting him up for embarrassment.
(d) Trying to have him killed.
2. How old was Elizabeth when she was orphaned?
(a) She was a baby.
(b) She was an adult.
(c) She was a teenager.
(d) She was a small child.
3. What strange behavior does Elizabeth act out over dinner with Sir Belhaven?
(a) She pretends to be drunk.
(b) She has the hiccups.
(c) She begins singing loudly.
(d) She prays at length.
4. How does Marchman feel about Belhaven?
(a) He thinks Belhaven would make a good husband for Elizabeth.
(b) He thinks Belhaven is lecherous.
(c) He thinks Belhaven is a liar.
(d) He thinks Belhaven is an honest man.
5. Which of the following characteristics is NOT important in the search for Elizabeth's husband?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His social standing.
(c) His morals.
(d) His title.
6. How does Elizabeth react when she sees Ian flirting with other women at the party?
(a) She is amused.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She ignores him completely.
(d) She is jealous.
7. Which of the following activities most interests Lord Marchman?
8. Which of the following activities is Jake most concerned with during the weekend at his home?
9. Which of the following activities most interests Sir Belhaven?
10. How does Elizabeth react when she first hears Ian's name?
(a) She is nervous.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She is pleased.
11. What is the one thing Robert claims Elizabeth is missing in her personality?
12. After re-inviting Elizabeth back into the home after their argument, how does Ian treat her?
(a) He continues to argue with her.
(b) He is friendly and jokes about their fight.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He apologizes to her.
13. Which word is used to describe Ian on the day when Elizabeth meets him for the first time?
14. What is a duenna?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A chaperon.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A police officer.
15. What does Robert confess to Ian after walking in on him with Elizabeth?
(a) That Elizabeth is in love with him.
(b) That Elizabeth is very poor.
(c) That Elizabeth is already engaged.
(d) That Elizabeth is a thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elizabeth receives the unexpected note, where does it ask her to meet someone?
2. After breakfast with Ian, where does Elizabeth run to cry?
3. How does Elizabeth react to Ian's confession?
4. What happens when Jake attempts to make breakfast for his guests, Lucinda and Elizabeth?
5. Who does Elizabeth believe the note requesting a meeting is from?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)