|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of man does Elizabeth think will give her the most independence in marriage?
(a) A poor man.
(b) A religious man.
(c) An old man.
(d) An honest man.
2. Who does Elizabeth confess her indiscretions to after returning from the cabin?
(a) To her maid.
(b) To her brother.
(c) To her priest.
(d) To her best friend.
3. How does Ian's card game opponent react to being beaten at a party?
(a) He ignores the game completely.
(b) He spreads quiet rumors about Ian.
(c) He shakes Ian's hand.
(d) He accuses Ian of cheating.
4. Where is the tassel hanging that Ian shoots off Robert?
(a) His boot.
(b) His tie.
(c) His hat.
(d) His vest.
5. Which of the following activities is Jake most concerned with during the weekend at his home?
6. Who does Ian realize mistakenly invited Elizabeth to Jake's home?
(a) His brother.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His father.
(d) His friend.
7. Which of the following women is Elizabeth's best confidant when it comes to discussing romance?
8. Which of the following activities do Elizabeth and Ian partake in during their day alone together at the cottage?
(a) Target practice.
(b) Poker playing.
(c) Fox hunting.
9. Who is Lucinda?
(a) Elizabeth's mother.
(b) Elizabeth's school teacher.
(c) Elizabeth's duenna.
(d) Elizabeth's sister.
10. How does Elizabeth fare in her initial debut into high society?
(a) She does not receive any proposals.
(b) She receives many proposals.
(c) She receives two proposals.
(d) She receives one proposal.
11. Why does Elizabeth's family almost lose their home?
(a) Because of their debts.
(b) Because of a flood.
(c) Because of a fire.
(d) Because of an earthquake.
12. In what room of the house do people usually play cards?
(a) In the card room.
(b) In the recreation room.
(c) In the poker room.
(d) In the game room.
13. What is Elizabeth's last name?
14. After the party, where does Ian ask Elizabeth to meet him?
(a) At the woodcutter's cabin.
(b) At the greenhouse.
(c) At the swimming pool.
(d) At the park.
15. During their duel, where does Robert shoot Ian?
(a) In the foot.
(b) In the leg.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elizabeth react when she first hears Ian's name?
2. What message did Elizabeth receive that she claims was in invitation to Jake's home?
3. After re-inviting Elizabeth back into the home after their argument, how does Ian treat her?
4. What does Marchman promise to send a note to Elizabeth's uncle proclaiming?
5. When Elizabeth arrives at the meeting place and finds Ian there, what does she think he has come to do?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)