|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After telling Ian that she knows who he is, what does Lucinda request of him?
(a) Money to keep her mouth shut.
(b) A tour of the Duke's palace.
(c) A wedding engagement.
(d) Proper treatment toward Elizabeth.
2. How does Elizabeth react when she first hears Ian's name?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She is pleased.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is nervous.
3. When Robert walks in on Elizabeth and Ian at their meeting place, what is the pair doing?
(a) Singing hymns.
(b) Playing cards.
4. During their duel, where does Robert shoot Ian?
(a) In the neck.
(b) In the foot.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the leg.
5. Which of the following activities most interests Sir Belhaven?
6. Which of the following charms does Elizabeth often use to get what she wants from men?
(a) Her wit.
(b) Her beatuy.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Her honesty.
7. What was Ian seen packing before disappearing from the group?
(a) A change of clothes.
(b) A gun.
(c) A picnic.
8. Who was primarily in charge of raising Elizabeth when she was a young girl?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her siblings.
(c) Her servants.
(d) She raised herself.
9. Who hosts the party where Elizabeth meets Ian Thornton?
(a) A cousin.
(b) A fellow student.
(c) A colleague.
(d) A friend.
10. What card game does Ian engage in at the party where he meets Elizabeth?
11. How long is the party where Elizabeth meets Ian meant to last?
(a) A weekend.
(b) An evening.
(c) A day.
(d) A week.
12. What is Ian's first impression of Elizabeth at the party?
(a) He never meets her.
(b) He thinks she is a silly girl.
(c) He is very attracted to her.
(d) He is not interested in her.
13. After the party, where does Ian ask Elizabeth to meet him?
(a) At the park.
(b) At the greenhouse.
(c) At the woodcutter's cabin.
(d) At the swimming pool.
14. Who accepts Count Mondevale's proposal to marry Elizabeth?
(c) The Uncle.
15. How does Elizabeth travel from one city to another when her group leaves her behind?
(a) By boat.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) On a horse.
(d) On foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of terrain is the cabin located?
2. Who does Elizabeth confess her indiscretions to after returning from the cabin?
3. What type of man does Elizabeth think will give her the most independence in marriage?
4. Which of the following characteristics is NOT important in the search for Elizabeth's husband?
5. Which of the following is true about Elizabeth's father?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)