|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elizabeth concerned about when she realizes she will be alone with Ian in the cabin?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her safety.
(c) Her engagements.
(d) Her reputation.
2. How does Elizabeth react to Ian's confession?
(a) She begins to weep.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She forgives him.
(d) She ignores him.
3. Who does Elizabeth believe the note requesting a meeting is from?
4. After attempting to make breakfast for Ian, what does Elizabeth realize about herself?
(a) That she has no sense of humor.
(b) That she will never be capable of loving Ian.
(c) That she is very inexperienced with men.
(d) That no man will ever love her.
5. What do Elizabeth's friends dare her to do when she meets Ian?
(a) Steal from him.
(b) Seduce him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Dance with him.
6. Who hosts the party where Elizabeth meets Ian Thornton?
(a) A cousin.
(b) A fellow student.
(c) A friend.
(d) A colleague.
7. What strange behavior does Elizabeth act out over dinner with Sir Belhaven?
(a) She has the hiccups.
(b) She pretends to be drunk.
(c) She prays at length.
(d) She begins singing loudly.
8. Which of the following activities most interests Lord Marchman?
9. How does Robert feel after his duel with Ian?
(a) He is proud.
(b) He is humiliated.
(c) He is subdued.
(d) He is confused.
10. If Elizabeth were to leave Jake's house and travel to the nearest city, how long would it take her to arrive there?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week.
11. What does Robert confess to Ian after walking in on him with Elizabeth?
(a) That Elizabeth is in love with him.
(b) That Elizabeth is already engaged.
(c) That Elizabeth is a thief.
(d) That Elizabeth is very poor.
12. Who does Elizabeth request to come pick her up early from the excursion?
(a) Ian Thornton.
(b) Her father.
(c) Count Mondevale.
13. After they kiss for the first time, what does Ian confess to Elizabeth?
(a) That he is already married.
(b) That he is in love with her.
(c) That she is a terrible kisser.
(d) That he is a convict.
14. During their duel, where does Robert shoot Ian?
(a) In the foot.
(b) In the neck.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the leg.
15. Which of the following is true about Elizabeth's father?
(a) He loved to set fires.
(b) He loved to ride horses.
(c) He loved to gamble.
(d) He loved to drink alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ian's card game opponent react to being beaten at a party?
2. Where does Ian's friend Jake live?
3. How does Marchman know that Elizabeth is lying to him about her interests?
4. What is the one thing Robert claims Elizabeth is missing in her personality?
5. What happens when Jake attempts to make breakfast for his guests, Lucinda and Elizabeth?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)