|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth request to come pick her up early from the excursion?
(b) Ian Thornton.
(c) Count Mondevale.
(d) Her father.
2. In what room of the house does Marchman spend most of his time with Elizabeth?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The study.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The greenhouse.
3. If Elizabeth were to leave Jake's house and travel to the nearest city, how long would it take her to arrive there?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
4. Why doesn't Elizabeth leave the party with her traveling group?
(a) Becuase she has a prior engagement.
(b) Because she would rather travel with Ian.
(c) Because she was not invited.
(d) Beause she accidentally oversleeps.
5. Why does Elizabeth's family almost lose their home?
(a) Because of their debts.
(b) Because of a fire.
(c) Because of a flood.
(d) Because of an earthquake.
6. Which of the following behaviors does Elizabeth partake in during her date with Marchman?
7. Where does Ian's friend Jake live?
(a) In Wales.
(b) In France.
(c) In Spain.
(d) In Scotland.
8. Which of the following activities do Elizabeth and Ian partake in during their day alone together at the cottage?
(a) Fox hunting.
(c) Poker playing.
(d) Target practice.
9. What type of weather forces Elizabeth into a nearby cottage?
10. Who does Elizabeth confess her indiscretions to after returning from the cabin?
(a) To her priest.
(b) To her brother.
(c) To her best friend.
(d) To her maid.
11. Which of the following characters eavesdrops and overhears Ian discussing his first impressions of Elizabeth?
12. How does Elizabeth dress when she arrives at Sir Francis Belhaven's home?
(a) In a very modest dress.
(b) In a flashy, short dress.
(c) In furs and jewels.
(d) In rags.
13. What does Ian accuse Elizabeth of when she arrives at Jake's home?
(a) Trying to have him killed.
(b) Stalking him.
(c) Setting him up for embarrassment.
(d) Lying about her engagement.
14. When Elizabeth arrives at the meeting place and finds Ian there, what does she think he has come to do?
(a) Tease her.
(b) Seduce her.
(c) Argue with her.
(d) Propose to her.
15. What is Elizabeth's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marchman know that Elizabeth is lying to him about her interests?
2. Which of the following men is considered to be the wealthiest?
3. How does Count Mondevale react to the news of the duel between Ian and Robert?
4. Who does Ian beat mercilessly in cards at the party where he meets Elizabeth?
5. What type of man does Elizabeth think will give her the most independence in marriage?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)