|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following activities most interests Sir Belhaven?
2. After they kiss for the first time, what does Ian confess to Elizabeth?
(a) That he is already married.
(b) That he is in love with her.
(c) That she is a terrible kisser.
(d) That he is a convict.
3. What happens when Jake attempts to make breakfast for his guests, Lucinda and Elizabeth?
(a) He injures himself on the paring knife.
(b) He mistakes sugar for salt.
(c) He burns everything.
(d) He does not have enough food to go around.
4. How does Elizabeth fare in her initial debut into high society?
(a) She does not receive any proposals.
(b) She receives two proposals.
(c) She receives many proposals.
(d) She receives one proposal.
5. How does Ian react when Elizabeth cooks breakfast for him the first time?
(a) He claims it to be the best meal he's ever eaten.
(b) He eats it even though it is terrible.
(c) He spits the food into her face.
(d) He accuses her of trying to poison him.
6. Which of the following activities does Elizabeth abstain from while fighting with Ian?
7. What is Elizabeth concerned about when she realizes she will be alone with Ian in the cabin?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her safety.
(c) Her engagements.
(d) Her reputation.
8. What was Ian seen packing before disappearing from the group?
(b) A picnic.
(c) A gun.
(d) A change of clothes.
9. How does Marchman know that Elizabeth is lying to him about her interests?
(a) Because they met previously.
(b) Because he has read her diary.
(c) Because Marchman belives everyone is lying to him.
(d) Because she smirks when she lies.
10. Which of the following characters eavesdrops and overhears Ian discussing his first impressions of Elizabeth?
11. How does Robert feel after his duel with Ian?
(a) He is subdued.
(b) He is proud.
(c) He is humiliated.
(d) He is confused.
12. Who does Elizabeth bring with her, disguised as her aunt, to chaperon the dates?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her duenna.
(c) Her maid.
(d) Her best friend.
13. How does Count Mondevale react to the news of the duel between Ian and Robert?
(a) He has Robert shipped to a labor camp.
(b) He pushes up the wedding date.
(c) He calls off his engagement to Elizabeth.
(d) He forbids Elizabeth from speaking with Ian ever again.
14. Who is in charge of finding a husband for Elizabeth?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her uncle.
15. Which of the following is true about Elizabeth's father?
(a) He loved to drink alcohol.
(b) He loved to set fires.
(c) He loved to ride horses.
(d) He loved to gamble.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ian's card game opponent react to being beaten at a party?
2. How does Elizabeth dress when she arrives at Sir Francis Belhaven's home?
3. When Ian arrives at Jake's house, what has the family forgotten to send from the village?
4. Who is Lucinda?
5. Who accepts Count Mondevale's proposal to marry Elizabeth?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)