|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth travel from one city to another when her group leaves her behind?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) On a horse.
(c) On foot.
(d) By boat.
2. After breakfast with Ian, where does Elizabeth run to cry?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The carriage house.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The garden.
3. What is the one thing Robert claims Elizabeth is missing in her personality?
4. What is Ian's first impression of Elizabeth at the party?
(a) He never meets her.
(b) He is not interested in her.
(c) He thinks she is a silly girl.
(d) He is very attracted to her.
5. How does Ian's card game opponent react to being beaten at a party?
(a) He spreads quiet rumors about Ian.
(b) He shakes Ian's hand.
(c) He accuses Ian of cheating.
(d) He ignores the game completely.
6. Which of the following behaviors does Elizabeth partake in during her date with Marchman?
7. In what room of the house does Marchman spend most of his time with Elizabeth?
(a) The study.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The greenhouse.
8. When Robert walks in on Elizabeth and Ian at their meeting place, what is the pair doing?
(a) Singing hymns.
(c) Playing cards.
9. How is Elizabeth related to Robert?
(a) She is his cousin.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his half-sister.
(d) She is his stepsister.
10. After touring the cottage, what opinion does Elizabeth have about Ian?
(a) That he is rugged.
(b) That he is rich.
(c) That he is modest.
(d) That he is poor.
11. How does Elizabeth react to Ian's confession?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She begins to weep.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She forgives him.
12. After they kiss for the first time, what does Ian confess to Elizabeth?
(a) That he is already married.
(b) That he is a convict.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That she is a terrible kisser.
13. If Elizabeth were to leave Jake's house and travel to the nearest city, how long would it take her to arrive there?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One day.
(d) Two days.
14. After the duel with Ian, how many men does Elizabeth's uncle set her up on dates with?
15. How long is the party where Elizabeth meets Ian meant to last?
(a) A week.
(b) A day.
(c) An evening.
(d) A weekend.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ian arrives at Jake's house, what has the family forgotten to send from the village?
2. Which of the following characters points out that both Elizabeth and Ian are missing from the excursion in the city?
3. Where is the tassel hanging that Ian shoots off Robert?
4. How does Robert feel after his duel with Ian?
5. Which of the following charms does Elizabeth often use to get what she wants from men?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)