|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Elizabeth related to Robert?
(a) She is his half-sister.
(b) She is his stepsister.
(c) She is his cousin.
(d) She is his sister.
2. Which word is used to describe Ian on the day when Elizabeth meets him for the first time?
3. After they kiss for the first time, what does Ian confess to Elizabeth?
(a) That he is a convict.
(b) That she is a terrible kisser.
(c) That he is already married.
(d) That he is in love with her.
4. Who is Lucinda?
(a) Elizabeth's school teacher.
(b) Elizabeth's mother.
(c) Elizabeth's duenna.
(d) Elizabeth's sister.
5. How does Elizabeth travel from one city to another when her group leaves her behind?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) On a horse.
(c) On foot.
(d) By boat.
6. Who accompanies Jake into town to find a cook to bring back to the cottage?
7. What is Elizabeth concerned about when she realizes she will be alone with Ian in the cabin?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her reputation.
(c) Her safety.
(d) Her engagements.
8. Who hosts the party where Elizabeth meets Ian Thornton?
(a) A fellow student.
(b) A friend.
(c) A colleague.
(d) A cousin.
9. Which of the following characteristics is NOT important in the search for Elizabeth's husband?
(a) His morals.
(b) His title.
(c) His social standing.
(d) His wealth.
10. How does Elizabeth respond when Ian kisses her after their first meal together?
(a) She enjoys it.
(b) She is shocked, but gives in.
(c) She cries in the corner.
(d) She slaps him.
11. What strange behavior does Elizabeth act out over dinner with Sir Belhaven?
(a) She has the hiccups.
(b) She begins singing loudly.
(c) She prays at length.
(d) She pretends to be drunk.
12. While dining with Sir Belhaven, what does Elizabeth claim to want to do with all her money?
(a) Save it in the bank.
(b) Donate it to charity.
(c) Spend it on jewels.
(d) Spend it traveling.
13. What is Sir Belahaven's final impression of Elizabeth when he watches her leave?
(a) He decides to propose immediately.
(b) He decides to call off the courtship.
(c) He is unsure whether he wants to marry her or not.
(d) He decides he only wants to bed her, and then forget about her.
14. What type of weather forces Elizabeth into a nearby cottage?
15. Who does Elizabeth request to come pick her up early from the excursion?
(a) Count Mondevale.
(b) Her father.
(c) Ian Thornton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Lucinda and Elizabeth arrive at Jake's home?
2. How old was Elizabeth when she was orphaned?
3. What card game does Ian engage in at the party where he meets Elizabeth?
4. What meal are all the guests served at the party where Elizabeth and Ian meet?
5. Who is in charge of finding a husband for Elizabeth?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)