|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth dress when she arrives at Sir Francis Belhaven's home?
(a) In furs and jewels.
(b) In rags.
(c) In a very modest dress.
(d) In a flashy, short dress.
2. How does Elizabeth react to Ian's confession?
(a) She forgives him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She begins to weep.
(d) She runs away.
3. Where does Ian's friend Jake live?
(a) In Scotland.
(b) In France.
(c) In Wales.
(d) In Spain.
4. What strange behavior does Elizabeth act out over dinner with Sir Belhaven?
(a) She pretends to be drunk.
(b) She prays at length.
(c) She has the hiccups.
(d) She begins singing loudly.
5. How does Ian react when Elizabeth cooks breakfast for him the first time?
(a) He accuses her of trying to poison him.
(b) He spits the food into her face.
(c) He eats it even though it is terrible.
(d) He claims it to be the best meal he's ever eaten.
6. Which of the following characters is so deeply humiliated at the party, that he leaves without turning back?
(a) Robert Cameron.
(b) Ian Thornton.
(c) Lord Everly.
(d) Sir Frances Belhaven.
7. Who is in charge of finding a husband for Elizabeth?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her father.
8. When Elizabeth receives the unexpected note, where does it ask her to meet someone?
(a) At the greenhouse.
(b) At the ship dock.
(c) At the town church.
(d) Under the bridge.
9. Which of the following activities most interests Lord Marchman?
10. Which of the following characteristics is NOT important in the search for Elizabeth's husband?
(a) His social standing.
(b) His title.
(c) His morals.
(d) His wealth.
11. What card game does Ian engage in at the party where he meets Elizabeth?
12. What is the name of the home where Elizabeth was raised?
13. Who was primarily in charge of raising Elizabeth when she was a young girl?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her servants.
(c) She raised herself.
(d) Her siblings.
14. When Ian arrives at Jake's house, what has the family forgotten to send from the village?
15. What is Elizabeth concerned about when she realizes she will be alone with Ian in the cabin?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her reputation.
(c) Her engagements.
(d) Her safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about Elizabeth's father?
2. When Elizabeth arrives at the meeting place and finds Ian there, what does she think he has come to do?
3. What does Marchman promise to send a note to Elizabeth's uncle proclaiming?
4. During their duel, where does Robert shoot Ian?
5. How does Robert feel after his duel with Ian?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)