|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the duel with Ian, how many men does Elizabeth's uncle set her up on dates with?
2. What is Ian's first impression of Elizabeth at the party?
(a) He never meets her.
(b) He is not interested in her.
(c) He is very attracted to her.
(d) He thinks she is a silly girl.
3. Who hosts the party where Elizabeth meets Ian Thornton?
(a) A colleague.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A friend.
(d) A fellow student.
4. What was Ian seen packing before disappearing from the group?
(b) A change of clothes.
(c) A gun.
(d) A picnic.
5. How does Ian react when Elizabeth cooks breakfast for him the first time?
(a) He eats it even though it is terrible.
(b) He claims it to be the best meal he's ever eaten.
(c) He spits the food into her face.
(d) He accuses her of trying to poison him.
6. What is Sir Belahaven's final impression of Elizabeth when he watches her leave?
(a) He decides to call off the courtship.
(b) He is unsure whether he wants to marry her or not.
(c) He decides to propose immediately.
(d) He decides he only wants to bed her, and then forget about her.
7. How long is the party where Elizabeth meets Ian meant to last?
(a) An evening.
(b) A week.
(c) A day.
(d) A weekend.
8. How does Elizabeth respond when Ian kisses her after their first meal together?
(a) She is shocked, but gives in.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She cries in the corner.
(d) She enjoys it.
9. Which of the following characters is so deeply humiliated at the party, that he leaves without turning back?
(a) Ian Thornton.
(b) Lord Everly.
(c) Robert Cameron.
(d) Sir Frances Belhaven.
10. How does Elizabeth react when she first hears Ian's name?
(a) She is pleased.
(b) She is embarrassed.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) She is excited.
11. What is a duenna?
(a) A chaperon.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A nurse.
12. What happens when Jake attempts to make breakfast for his guests, Lucinda and Elizabeth?
(a) He burns everything.
(b) He injures himself on the paring knife.
(c) He mistakes sugar for salt.
(d) He does not have enough food to go around.
13. After breakfast with Ian, where does Elizabeth run to cry?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The carriage house.
(d) The garden.
14. Which of the following adjectives best describes Elizabeth's weekend with Ian at Jake's home?
15. In what room of the house does Marchman spend most of his time with Elizabeth?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The study.
(d) The greenhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their duel, where does Robert shoot Ian?
2. Which of the following activities is Jake most concerned with during the weekend at his home?
3. Who does Elizabeth bring with her, disguised as her aunt, to chaperon the dates?
4. What meal are all the guests served at the party where Elizabeth and Ian meet?
5. Who does Elizabeth request to come pick her up early from the excursion?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)