|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elizabeth concerned about when she realizes she will be alone with Ian in the cabin?
(a) Her safety.
(b) Her engagements.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her reputation.
2. After breakfast with Ian, where does Elizabeth run to cry?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The carriage house.
(c) The garden.
(d) The bathroom.
3. Who does Ian beat mercilessly in cards at the party where he meets Elizabeth?
(a) Sir Everly.
(b) Count Mondevale.
(c) Robert Cameron.
(d) Sir Frances Belhaven.
4. Which of the following characters eavesdrops and overhears Ian discussing his first impressions of Elizabeth?
5. How does Elizabeth react to Ian's confession?
(a) She begins to weep.
(b) She forgives him.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She ignores him.
6. Why do Lucinda and Elizabeth arrive at Jake's home?
(a) Because they mistakenly thought it was someone else's home.
(b) Beacause they were lost.
(c) Because Elizabeth wanted to see Ian again.
(d) Because their carriage has broken down.
7. Who accepts Count Mondevale's proposal to marry Elizabeth?
(a) The Uncle.
8. Which of the following activities does Elizabeth abstain from while fighting with Ian?
9. What is the weather like when Elizabeth and Lucinda sit on the curb outside Jake's house?
(a) It is windy.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is sunny.
10. How long is the party where Elizabeth meets Ian meant to last?
(a) An evening.
(b) A weekend.
(c) A week.
(d) A day.
11. What strange behavior does Elizabeth act out over dinner with Sir Belhaven?
(a) She has the hiccups.
(b) She pretends to be drunk.
(c) She begins singing loudly.
(d) She prays at length.
12. Which of the following behaviors does Elizabeth partake in during her date with Marchman?
13. Which of the following characters is so deeply humiliated at the party, that he leaves without turning back?
(a) Robert Cameron.
(b) Sir Frances Belhaven.
(c) Lord Everly.
(d) Ian Thornton.
14. What do Elizabeth's friends dare her to do when she meets Ian?
(a) Dance with him.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Steal from him.
(d) Seduce him.
15. While dining with Sir Belhaven, what does Elizabeth claim to want to do with all her money?
(a) Donate it to charity.
(b) Spend it on jewels.
(c) Save it in the bank.
(d) Spend it traveling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Ian related to the town vicar?
2. Why does Lucinda think Ian is the grandson of the Duke of Stanhope?
3. Who does Elizabeth bring with her, disguised as her aunt, to chaperon the dates?
4. Who does Elizabeth request to come pick her up early from the excursion?
5. How does Ian react when Elizabeth cooks breakfast for him the first time?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)