|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After touring the cottage, what opinion does Elizabeth have about Ian?
(a) That he is poor.
(b) That he is rich.
(c) That he is rugged.
(d) That he is modest.
2. Who does Elizabeth confess her indiscretions to after returning from the cabin?
(a) To her priest.
(b) To her best friend.
(c) To her brother.
(d) To her maid.
3. How does Elizabeth travel from one city to another when her group leaves her behind?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) On foot.
(c) By boat.
(d) On a horse.
4. Which of the following behaviors does Elizabeth partake in during her date with Marchman?
5. Who does Elizabeth request to come pick her up early from the excursion?
(a) Count Mondevale.
(c) Ian Thornton.
(d) Her father.
6. When Ian arrives at Jake's house, what has the family forgotten to send from the village?
7. What does Robert confess to Ian after walking in on him with Elizabeth?
(a) That Elizabeth is already engaged.
(b) That Elizabeth is a thief.
(c) That Elizabeth is in love with him.
(d) That Elizabeth is very poor.
8. What is Ian's first impression of Elizabeth at the party?
(a) He never meets her.
(b) He is not interested in her.
(c) He thinks she is a silly girl.
(d) He is very attracted to her.
9. What is Elizabeth concerned about when she realizes she will be alone with Ian in the cabin?
(a) Her engagements.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her reputation.
(d) Her safety.
10. Who is in charge of finding a husband for Elizabeth?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her uncle.
11. Who was primarily in charge of raising Elizabeth when she was a young girl?
(a) Her servants.
(b) She raised herself.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her siblings.
12. What is Elizabeth's last name?
13. After re-inviting Elizabeth back into the home after their argument, how does Ian treat her?
(a) He is friendly and jokes about their fight.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He continues to argue with her.
(d) He apologizes to her.
14. After attempting to make breakfast for Ian, what does Elizabeth realize about herself?
(a) That she is very inexperienced with men.
(b) That she has no sense of humor.
(c) That no man will ever love her.
(d) That she will never be capable of loving Ian.
15. Why doesn't Elizabeth leave the party with her traveling group?
(a) Becuase she has a prior engagement.
(b) Because she would rather travel with Ian.
(c) Because she was not invited.
(d) Beause she accidentally oversleeps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth believe the note requesting a meeting is from?
2. Who does Ian beat mercilessly in cards at the party where he meets Elizabeth?
3. How does Ian react when Elizabeth cooks breakfast for him the first time?
4. After the duel with Ian, how many men does Elizabeth's uncle set her up on dates with?
5. Who accepts Count Mondevale's proposal to marry Elizabeth?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)