|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth react when she sees Ian flirting with other women at the party?
(a) She is amused.
(b) She ignores him completely.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is jealous.
2. How does Ian react when Elizabeth enters his cabin?
(a) He is angered.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is pleased.
3. What does Robert confess to Ian after walking in on him with Elizabeth?
(a) That Elizabeth is in love with him.
(b) That Elizabeth is a thief.
(c) That Elizabeth is very poor.
(d) That Elizabeth is already engaged.
4. Which of the following characters is so deeply humiliated at the party, that he leaves without turning back?
(a) Ian Thornton.
(b) Lord Everly.
(c) Sir Frances Belhaven.
(d) Robert Cameron.
5. When Elizabeth receives the unexpected note, where does it ask her to meet someone?
(a) At the greenhouse.
(b) At the town church.
(c) Under the bridge.
(d) At the ship dock.
6. How old was Elizabeth when she was orphaned?
(a) She was a teenager.
(b) She was an adult.
(c) She was a small child.
(d) She was a baby.
7. How does Elizabeth react to being called out as a liar?
(a) She begs Marchman for help.
(b) She denies everything.
(c) She ignores Marchman for the rest of the day.
(d) She begins weeping.
8. What does Ian accuse Elizabeth of when she arrives at Jake's home?
(a) Stalking him.
(b) Trying to have him killed.
(c) Setting him up for embarrassment.
(d) Lying about her engagement.
9. How does Ian react when Elizabeth cooks breakfast for him the first time?
(a) He claims it to be the best meal he's ever eaten.
(b) He accuses her of trying to poison him.
(c) He eats it even though it is terrible.
(d) He spits the food into her face.
10. Which of the following activities most interests Lord Marchman?
11. Which of the following behaviors does Elizabeth partake in during her date with Marchman?
12. How does Robert feel after his duel with Ian?
(a) He is humiliated.
(b) He is subdued.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is proud.
13. What is Ian's first impression of Elizabeth at the party?
(a) He is not interested in her.
(b) He is very attracted to her.
(c) He thinks she is a silly girl.
(d) He never meets her.
14. Why do Lucinda and Elizabeth arrive at Jake's home?
(a) Because they mistakenly thought it was someone else's home.
(b) Because Elizabeth wanted to see Ian again.
(c) Beacause they were lost.
(d) Because their carriage has broken down.
15. How does Ian react when Elizabeth and Lucinda unexpectedly arrive?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He arranges for them to stay elsewhere.
(c) He sends them away.
(d) He welcomes them into the home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following charms does Elizabeth often use to get what she wants from men?
2. What message did Elizabeth receive that she claims was in invitation to Jake's home?
3. How does Marchman feel about Belhaven?
4. Who is in charge of finding a husband for Elizabeth?
5. During their duel, where does Robert shoot Ian?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)