|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hosts the party where Elizabeth meets Ian Thornton?
(a) A friend.
(b) A colleague.
(c) A cousin.
(d) A fellow student.
2. Which of the following activities do Elizabeth and Ian partake in during their day alone together at the cottage?
(a) Fox hunting.
(b) Target practice.
(d) Poker playing.
3. Why does Elizabeth turn down Ian's request to meet him after the party?
(a) Because she is not interested in Ian.
(b) Because the meeting would be inappropriate.
(c) Because she already has plans.
(d) Because she misunderstood his request.
4. What does Robert confess to Ian after walking in on him with Elizabeth?
(a) That Elizabeth is very poor.
(b) That Elizabeth is already engaged.
(c) That Elizabeth is in love with him.
(d) That Elizabeth is a thief.
5. What is Elizabeth concerned about when she realizes she will be alone with Ian in the cabin?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her safety.
(c) Her engagements.
(d) Her reputation.
6. While dining with Sir Belhaven, what does Elizabeth claim to want to do with all her money?
(a) Spend it traveling.
(b) Save it in the bank.
(c) Spend it on jewels.
(d) Donate it to charity.
7. How does Ian react when Elizabeth and Lucinda unexpectedly arrive?
(a) He arranges for them to stay elsewhere.
(b) He sends them away.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He welcomes them into the home.
8. Which of the following characters is so deeply humiliated at the party, that he leaves without turning back?
(a) Robert Cameron.
(b) Sir Frances Belhaven.
(c) Ian Thornton.
(d) Lord Everly.
9. How does Marchman know that Elizabeth is lying to him about her interests?
(a) Because Marchman belives everyone is lying to him.
(b) Because he has read her diary.
(c) Because she smirks when she lies.
(d) Because they met previously.
10. Where does Ian's friend Jake live?
(a) In Scotland.
(b) In Spain.
(c) In Wales.
(d) In France.
11. Who does Ian beat mercilessly in cards at the party where he meets Elizabeth?
(a) Count Mondevale.
(b) Sir Frances Belhaven.
(c) Sir Everly.
(d) Robert Cameron.
12. After telling Ian that she knows who he is, what does Lucinda request of him?
(a) A wedding engagement.
(b) Money to keep her mouth shut.
(c) Proper treatment toward Elizabeth.
(d) A tour of the Duke's palace.
13. Who does Elizabeth believe the note requesting a meeting is from?
14. Which of the following characters points out that both Elizabeth and Ian are missing from the excursion in the city?
15. During their duel, where does Robert shoot Ian?
(a) In the arm.
(b) In the leg.
(c) In the neck.
(d) In the foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucinda think Ian is the grandson of the Duke of Stanhope?
2. When Ian arrives at Jake's house, what has the family forgotten to send from the village?
3. If Elizabeth were to leave Jake's house and travel to the nearest city, how long would it take her to arrive there?
4. Which of the following activities does Elizabeth abstain from while fighting with Ian?
5. Where is the tassel hanging that Ian shoots off Robert?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)