|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was primarily in charge of raising Elizabeth when she was a young girl?
(a) Her servants.
(b) Her parents.
(c) She raised herself.
(d) Her siblings.
2. In what room of the house do people usually play cards?
(a) In the game room.
(b) In the card room.
(c) In the recreation room.
(d) In the poker room.
3. Who does Elizabeth bring with her, disguised as her aunt, to chaperon the dates?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her maid.
(c) Her duenna.
(d) Her best friend.
4. What was Ian seen packing before disappearing from the group?
(a) A picnic.
(c) A change of clothes.
(d) A gun.
5. Which of the following activities do Elizabeth and Ian partake in during their day alone together at the cottage?
(a) Poker playing.
(b) Fox hunting.
(d) Target practice.
6. Which of the following charms does Elizabeth often use to get what she wants from men?
(a) Her honesty.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Her wit.
(d) Her beatuy.
7. What message did Elizabeth receive that she claims was in invitation to Jake's home?
(a) A messenger pigeon.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A letter.
8. When Elizabeth arrives at the meeting place and finds Ian there, what does she think he has come to do?
(a) Argue with her.
(b) Tease her.
(c) Propose to her.
(d) Seduce her.
9. What is Elizabeth's last name?
10. What meal are all the guests served at the party where Elizabeth and Ian meet?
11. Who does Ian beat mercilessly in cards at the party where he meets Elizabeth?
(a) Robert Cameron.
(b) Sir Everly.
(c) Count Mondevale.
(d) Sir Frances Belhaven.
12. Who does Elizabeth believe the note requesting a meeting is from?
13. After Elizabeth asks Ian questions over dinner, what does Ian think about her?
(a) That she is immature.
(b) That she is annoying.
(c) That she is intelligent.
(d) That she is stuck-up.
14. How does Marchman know that Elizabeth is lying to him about her interests?
(a) Because she smirks when she lies.
(b) Because they met previously.
(c) Because he has read her diary.
(d) Because Marchman belives everyone is lying to him.
15. How does Ian react when Elizabeth and Lucinda unexpectedly arrive?
(a) He arranges for them to stay elsewhere.
(b) He welcomes them into the home.
(c) He sends them away.
(d) He ignores them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Elizabeth when she was orphaned?
2. Which of the following behaviors does Elizabeth partake in during her date with Marchman?
3. Why do Lucinda and Elizabeth arrive at Jake's home?
4. What does Marchman promise to send a note to Elizabeth's uncle proclaiming?
5. How does Elizabeth react when she first hears Ian's name?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)