|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the home where Elizabeth was raised?
2. While dining with Sir Belhaven, what does Elizabeth claim to want to do with all her money?
(a) Donate it to charity.
(b) Spend it on jewels.
(c) Spend it traveling.
(d) Save it in the bank.
3. How does Elizabeth fare in her initial debut into high society?
(a) She receives one proposal.
(b) She receives two proposals.
(c) She receives many proposals.
(d) She does not receive any proposals.
4. Which of the following activities most interests Lord Marchman?
5. How does Ian react when Elizabeth cooks breakfast for him the first time?
(a) He claims it to be the best meal he's ever eaten.
(b) He accuses her of trying to poison him.
(c) He eats it even though it is terrible.
(d) He spits the food into her face.
6. Which of the following women is Elizabeth's best confidant when it comes to discussing romance?
7. If Elizabeth were to leave Jake's house and travel to the nearest city, how long would it take her to arrive there?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
8. How does Ian's card game opponent react to being beaten at a party?
(a) He ignores the game completely.
(b) He spreads quiet rumors about Ian.
(c) He shakes Ian's hand.
(d) He accuses Ian of cheating.
9. After breakfast with Ian, where does Elizabeth run to cry?
(a) The garden.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The carriage house.
(d) The bedroom.
10. Why does Elizabeth's family almost lose their home?
(a) Because of an earthquake.
(b) Because of a fire.
(c) Because of a flood.
(d) Because of their debts.
11. What is Lucinda's last name?
12. Who does Ian realize mistakenly invited Elizabeth to Jake's home?
(a) His brother.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His father.
(d) His friend.
13. Why does Elizabeth turn down Ian's request to meet him after the party?
(a) Because she is not interested in Ian.
(b) Because the meeting would be inappropriate.
(c) Because she misunderstood his request.
(d) Because she already has plans.
14. How does Elizabeth react to Ian's confession?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She forgives him.
(d) She begins to weep.
15. What is the one thing Robert claims Elizabeth is missing in her personality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth confess her indiscretions to after returning from the cabin?
2. During their argument at Jake's house, what does Elizabeth threaten Ian with?
3. How long is the party where Elizabeth meets Ian meant to last?
4. During their duel, where does Robert shoot Ian?
5. After telling Ian that she knows who he is, what does Lucinda request of him?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)