|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characteristics is NOT important in the search for Elizabeth's husband?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His social standing.
(c) His title.
(d) His morals.
2. While dining with Sir Belhaven, what does Elizabeth claim to want to do with all her money?
(a) Spend it on jewels.
(b) Save it in the bank.
(c) Donate it to charity.
(d) Spend it traveling.
3. How does Robert feel after his duel with Ian?
(a) He is subdued.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He is humiliated.
4. How does Elizabeth dress when she arrives at Sir Francis Belhaven's home?
(a) In a very modest dress.
(b) In furs and jewels.
(c) In rags.
(d) In a flashy, short dress.
5. After they kiss for the first time, what does Ian confess to Elizabeth?
(a) That he is in love with her.
(b) That he is already married.
(c) That he is a convict.
(d) That she is a terrible kisser.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their duel, where does Robert shoot Ian?
2. How old was Elizabeth when she was orphaned?
3. What do Elizabeth's friends dare her to do when she meets Ian?
4. Why doesn't Elizabeth leave the party with her traveling group?
5. What type of man does Elizabeth think will give her the most independence in marriage?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)