|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth turn down Ian's request to meet him after the party?
(a) Because she misunderstood his request.
(b) Because she is not interested in Ian.
(c) Because the meeting would be inappropriate.
(d) Because she already has plans.
2. What is Elizabeth concerned about when she realizes she will be alone with Ian in the cabin?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her safety.
(c) Her engagements.
(d) Her reputation.
3. Which of the following is true about Elizabeth's father?
(a) He loved to gamble.
(b) He loved to ride horses.
(c) He loved to set fires.
(d) He loved to drink alcohol.
4. Which of the following characters is so deeply humiliated at the party, that he leaves without turning back?
(a) Sir Frances Belhaven.
(b) Ian Thornton.
(c) Robert Cameron.
(d) Lord Everly.
5. Who hosts the party where Elizabeth meets Ian Thornton?
(a) A cousin.
(b) A fellow student.
(c) A friend.
(d) A colleague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's last name?
2. What meal are all the guests served at the party where Elizabeth and Ian meet?
3. What card game does Ian engage in at the party where he meets Elizabeth?
4. In what room of the house do people usually play cards?
5. How is Elizabeth related to Robert?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)