|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of terrain is the cabin located?
(a) In a field.
(b) In the woods.
(c) Near the river.
(d) In the desert.
2. What is Elizabeth concerned about when she realizes she will be alone with Ian in the cabin?
(a) Her safety.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her reputation.
(d) Her engagements.
3. How does Count Mondevale react to the news of the duel between Ian and Robert?
(a) He forbids Elizabeth from speaking with Ian ever again.
(b) He calls off his engagement to Elizabeth.
(c) He pushes up the wedding date.
(d) He has Robert shipped to a labor camp.
4. Who does Elizabeth request to come pick her up early from the excursion?
(a) Ian Thornton.
(b) Her father.
(d) Count Mondevale.
5. How does Ian's card game opponent react to being beaten at a party?
(a) He accuses Ian of cheating.
(b) He spreads quiet rumors about Ian.
(c) He shakes Ian's hand.
(d) He ignores the game completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elizabeth react when she sees Ian flirting with other women at the party?
2. In what room of the house does Marchman spend most of his time with Elizabeth?
3. How does Elizabeth react to Ian's confession?
4. What do Elizabeth's friends dare her to do when she meets Ian?
5. Why does Elizabeth's family almost lose their home?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)