|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jake attempts to make breakfast for his guests, Lucinda and Elizabeth?
(a) He does not have enough food to go around.
(b) He burns everything.
(c) He injures himself on the paring knife.
(d) He mistakes sugar for salt.
2. What does Ian realize he must do if he wants to marry Elizabeth?
(a) Take over his grandfather's title.
(b) Convince Elizabeth's family that he is the better man.
(c) Fight Elizabeth's fiance to the death.
(d) Make Elizabeth fall in love with him.
3. How is Ian related to the town vicar?
(a) The vicar is Ian's cousin.
(b) The vicar is Ian's father.
(c) The vicar is Ian's uncle.
(d) The vicar is Ian's brother.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Elizabeth's weekend with Ian at Jake's home?
5. What bombshell does Duncan drop on Ian after Elizabeth leaves the house to accept her engagement?
(a) That Elizabeth has been lying to him.
(b) That Elizabeth never wants to see him again.
(c) That Elizabeth is very poor.
(d) That Elizabeth is in love with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal are all the guests served at the party where Elizabeth and Ian meet?
2. How does Elizabeth react when she sees Ian flirting with other women at the party?
3. How does Ian react when Elizabeth enters his cabin?
4. After Elizabeth asks Ian questions over dinner, what does Ian think about her?
5. During their argument at Jake's house, what does Elizabeth threaten Ian with?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)