|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jake attempts to make breakfast for his guests, Lucinda and Elizabeth?
(a) He injures himself on the paring knife.
(b) He burns everything.
(c) He mistakes sugar for salt.
(d) He does not have enough food to go around.
2. When Elizabeth receives the unexpected note, where does it ask her to meet someone?
(a) At the greenhouse.
(b) At the town church.
(c) At the ship dock.
(d) Under the bridge.
3. Which of the following activities is Jake most concerned with during the weekend at his home?
4. How does Robert feel after his duel with Ian?
(a) He is subdued.
(b) He is humiliated.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is proud.
5. At the time Elizabeth leaves Ian's house to accept the engagement, how much time has passed since the ill-fated meeting in the greenhouse?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth turn down Ian's request to meet him after the party?
2. What is the title Ian holds within his family?
3. Who does Ian beat mercilessly in cards at the party where he meets Elizabeth?
4. Which of the following charms does Elizabeth often use to get what she wants from men?
5. What meal are all the guests served at the party where Elizabeth and Ian meet?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)