|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth react when she hears that she is now engaged to Ian?
(a) She is pleased.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is confused.
2. Who does Elizabeth bring with her, disguised as her aunt, to chaperon the dates?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her duenna.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her maid.
3. Why do Lucinda and Elizabeth arrive at Jake's home?
(a) Because they mistakenly thought it was someone else's home.
(b) Beacause they were lost.
(c) Because Elizabeth wanted to see Ian again.
(d) Because their carriage has broken down.
4. Whose engagement proposal forces Elizabeth to leave Ian's cottage and return home?
5. Whose memory does Ian keep alive with the contents of the treasure box?
(a) His grandfather's.
(b) His parents'.
(c) His dog's.
(d) His brother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ian's reaction to Havenhurst the first time he sees it?
2. Who is Lucinda?
3. What does Ian realize is holding Elizabeth back from wanting to court with him straight away?
4. How does Marchman know that Elizabeth is lying to him about her interests?
5. What does Elizabeth promise to refrain from after she is married to Ian?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)