|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marchman know that Elizabeth is lying to him about her interests?
(a) Because she smirks when she lies.
(b) Because he has read her diary.
(c) Because Marchman belives everyone is lying to him.
(d) Because they met previously.
2. What does Ian offer to buy from Elizabeth's uncle out of anger?
(a) His horses.
(b) His house.
(c) His niece.
(d) His shoes.
3. Who accepts the engagement proposal on Elizabeth's behalf?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her maid.
4. Which of the following aspects of marriage is most important to Elizabeth when she chooses a suitor?
5. Why do Lucinda and Elizabeth arrive at Jake's home?
(a) Beacause they were lost.
(b) Because Elizabeth wanted to see Ian again.
(c) Because their carriage has broken down.
(d) Because they mistakenly thought it was someone else's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following pieces of jewelry does Ian withhold giving to Elizabeth until he is sure she is really in love with him?
2. Whose memory does Ian keep alive with the contents of the treasure box?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Duncan?
4. What does Elizabeth agree to give to Ian in exchange for financial support for her home in Havenhurst?
5. How long will Ian and Elizabeth court before announcing their engagement?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)