|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the poster that the men are so fascinated about?
2. What does Kropp have at home?
3. Where do the men think they will be going?
4. What part of 1918 is the bloodiest yet?
5. Distinctions between the men, such as level of education, can be an advantage, but what else do they bring?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that describes what you think it would be like to join the military and go through boot camp. Be sure to describe some imaginary situations that show your reactions.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining the causes of World War I, including a time-line of events, and all the responsible people, parties, and governments.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that chooses at least two examples of symbolism from the book. Be sure to explain what the elements symbolize, and why you think the author chose them.
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)