|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men's thoughts like?
(a) Gunfire, because that is what shapes them.
(b) Clay, because they can be shaped by events.
(c) Fire, because they burn through the night.
(d) Bricks, because they are heavy.
2. What weapon are the men newly afraid of?
3. Distinctions between the men, such as level of education, can be an advantage, but what else do they bring?
(a) A full dinner.
(b) Promotions within the army.
(c) Prejudices that have to be overcome.
(d) Welcome remarks and comments.
4. What did the army reports say on the day Paul died?
(a) Nothing more to report.
(b) No enemy activity at this time.
(c) All quiet on the western front.
(d) Paul Baumer is dead.
5. What will the generation that grows up after Paul's do with his generation?
(a) Send them to prison.
(b) Push them aside.
(c) Give them support.
(d) Use them as cheap labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last survivor of the original group?
2. Who brought in Haie Westhus when he was wounded?
3. What do eight of the men have to guard in particular?
4. What are the men given a shot for in the ambulance wagon?
5. What is missing from the naked soldier sitting in the tree, other than his clothes?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)