|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men use to cool their machine-gun when they run out of water?
2. What does Kat say is good for loose bowels?
3. What are the men given a shot for in the ambulance wagon?
4. What kind of accent does the singing wireless-man have?
5. What was Leer good at in school, though it could not save him?
(a) Sport shooting.
(b) Gym class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than their legs, what does the men's new duty allow them to stretch?
2. What does Kropp have at home?
3. Who brought in Haie Westhus when he was wounded?
4. What are the only things that Baumer can talk about with his family before he leaves?
5. What has Baumer's mother been all her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Baumer skin his elbows?
2. How is nature described throughout All Quiet on the Western Front? What does this symbolism mean?
3. How does this book make you feel about war?
4. What does Paul think about after the man dies? What does this say about his character?
5. How does the French girl make Baumer feel?
6. How does Baumer feel towards the prisoners? Why? What does he think about the reasons for considering them an enemy?
7. How does Paul say his generation has been changed, based on his descriptions of the entire book?
8. What type of situation does Baumer's family face over his mother's illness?
9. Why are the men feeling so ill? How are the enemy troops faring?
10. What does Baumer expect to face when the war ends? What does he not know?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)