|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Detering try to do?
(a) Escape and go home.
(b) Kill Himmelstoss and himself.
(c) Steal Paul's bread.
(d) Run away to Holland.
2. Why does Paul want to let the months and years come?
(a) He has nothing more they can take from him.
(b) He feels happy because of the possibility of peace.
(c) He is optimistic about the future.
(d) He wants to do some more fighting.
3. In what month was Paul killed?
4. What did everyone in the world say "yes" to?
(a) Less power for the Kaiser.
(b) More rations.
(c) The war.
(d) The payment of war reparations from Germany.
5. Why was Paul glad when he died?
(a) The end had finally come.
(b) He liked pain.
(c) He was going to rejoin his friends.
(d) The war would soon end.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than their legs, what does the men's new duty allow them to stretch?
2. What does Baumer trade to a sergeant-major for a place with Kropp on the hospital train?
3. What are all the soldiers hoping for?
4. What is wrong with Paul's mother?
5. How many days leave does Baumer get in total?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)