|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul kill the man in the shell-hole?
(a) With his rifle.
(b) With his knife.
(c) With his revolver.
(d) With his bare hands.
2. What weapon are the men newly afraid of?
3. What is known about Paul's death?
(a) He did not suffer long.
(b) He cried and begged until the bitter end.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He died heroically.
4. Who is the last survivor of the original group?
5. What does Baumer trade to a sergeant-major for a place with Kropp on the hospital train?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Paul glad when he died?
2. What is wrong with Paul's mother?
3. How does the French girl react when Baumer tells her he will never be able to see her again?
4. What do the men decide to do after seeing the poster?
5. What was Leer good at in school, though it could not save him?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)