|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flowers fill the meadow that the men are sitting in?
2. What game to the men play while locked up?
3. According to Haie, what is revenge?
(a) White pudding.
(b) Black pudding.
(c) Christmas pudding.
(d) Chocolate pudding.
4. Who is fatally wounded in the back?
5. What was the name of the other soldier who wet the bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kemmerich died, what did his eyes resemble?
2. What does Himmelstoss threaten to do to Tjaden?
3. Who does the crying, fair-haired recruit remind Baumer of?
4. What is Lohne?
5. What pattern is on the bedding in the men's barracks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Baumer feel at the end of this chapter?
2. How does Detering he react to the wounded horses, and why? What is his opinion of horses in warfare?
3. What does Kropp think war should be like?
4. Do you think that it is immoral for Müller to want Kemmerich's boots?
5. Why does Tjaden have a special grudge against Himmelstoss?
6. How did Baumer narrowly escape death in the dug-outs?
7. What is the difference between the younger and older men?
8. How does Baumer describe the front? What can save them from danger?
9. Baumer says that being forced to do things in public restores the innocent nature of all things. What is he talking about?
10. How did the men finally outwit the rats?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)