|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beside Baumer's training camp there is a prison of soldiers from what country?
2. What gives the men terrible bowel troubles?
(a) The constant shelling.
(b) The rotten vegetables.
(c) The potato-cakes.
(d) The pigs.
3. Other than their legs, what does the men's new duty allow them to stretch?
(a) Their skin.
(b) Their patience.
(c) Their souls.
(d) Barbed wire.
4. Who is wounded by shellfire while evacuating a village?
5. What weapon are the men newly afraid of?
6. How many reinforcements does the company need?
(a) More than the Kaiser can supply.
(b) At least eighty.
(c) Over a hundred.
7. Why does Baumer go out on patrol?
(a) To keep the enemy on guard.
(b) Because he feels an attachment to his comrades.
(c) To keep him feeling like a soldier.
(d) To help collect the dead soldiers.
8. Why was Paul glad when he died?
(a) He was going to rejoin his friends.
(b) The end had finally come.
(c) The war would soon end.
(d) He liked pain.
9. What class is Paul mother in in the hospital?
10. What do the men use to cool their machine-gun when they run out of water?
11. What type of license allows a man to do what he wants?
(a) Hunting license.
(b) License to kill.
(c) Unlimited license.
(d) Shooting license.
12. What will Baumer's mother undergo for her cancer?
(a) Faith healing.
(b) An operation.
(d) No treatment.
13. Who brought in Haie Westhus when he was wounded?
14. Who does Baumer fail to notice on the street?
(a) His former girlfriend, who is annoyed by him.
(b) His old school friend, who is happy to see him.
(c) His father, who is furious with him.
(d) A major, who gets angry at him.
15. What is known about Paul's death?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He did not suffer long.
(c) He died heroically.
(d) He cried and begged until the bitter end.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month was Paul killed?
2. What did everyone in the world say "yes" to?
3. What type of expression was on Paul's face when he died?
4. What disease do the prisoners have?
5. Why does Paul have two weeks off?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)