|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men make a grater?
(a) By breaking off bits of a knife-blade.
(b) By punching holes in a pot-lid.
(c) By tying together several bayonets.
(d) By packing a bunch of barbed wire.
2. What did everyone in the world say "yes" to?
(a) Less power for the Kaiser.
(b) The war.
(c) The payment of war reparations from Germany.
(d) More rations.
3. What makes seven?
(a) Six men and two half-wits.
(b) Four and a half-wits.
(c) Four plus three.
(d) Three whole-wits plus eight half-wits.
4. How does Paul kill the man in the shell-hole?
(a) With his knife.
(b) With his rifle.
(c) With his bare hands.
(d) With his revolver.
5. Who is the last survivor of the original group?
6. What class is Paul mother in in the hospital?
7. What type of license allows a man to do what he wants?
(a) Shooting license.
(b) Unlimited license.
(c) Hunting license.
(d) License to kill.
8. What before-battle activity was heavily debated between Baumer, Kat, and Tjaden?
(a) Singing the German national anthem.
(b) Praying to God.
(c) Eating a full meal.
(d) Putting on the heavy chest-armor issued to all the men.
9. What will Baumer's mother undergo for her cancer?
(a) No treatment.
(b) Faith healing.
(c) An operation.
10. In what month was Paul killed?
11. What are the men given a shot for in the ambulance wagon?
12. Who is dead?
13. What happens on a foggy morning at the training camp?
(a) Baumer's mother dies.
(b) Paul gets word that Kantorek has been killed at the front.
(c) One of the Territorials shoots a prisoner.
(d) One of the Russians is buried.
14. What did Detering try to do?
(a) Steal Paul's bread.
(b) Run away to Holland.
(c) Escape and go home.
(d) Kill Himmelstoss and himself.
15. How was Müller killed?
(a) He steps on a mine.
(b) He is shot in the stomach.
(c) His is nailed in the head by a sniper.
(d) He is obliterated by artillery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many reinforcements does the company need?
2. What type of expression was on Paul's face when he died?
3. What is known about Paul's death?
4. How many chapters does All Quiet on the Western Front have?
5. What are all the soldiers hoping for?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)