|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What class is Paul mother in in the hospital?
2. What are the men's thoughts like?
(a) Clay, because they can be shaped by events.
(b) Gunfire, because that is what shapes them.
(c) Fire, because they burn through the night.
(d) Bricks, because they are heavy.
3. What makes seven?
(a) Four plus three.
(b) Six men and two half-wits.
(c) Three whole-wits plus eight half-wits.
(d) Four and a half-wits.
4. What happens on a foggy morning at the training camp?
(a) Baumer's mother dies.
(b) One of the Russians is buried.
(c) Paul gets word that Kantorek has been killed at the front.
(d) One of the Territorials shoots a prisoner.
5. What does Kat say is good for loose bowels?
6. How many reinforcements does the company need?
(a) Over a hundred.
(b) More than the Kaiser can supply.
(c) At least eighty.
7. How many chapters does All Quiet on the Western Front have?
8. What is known about Paul's death?
(a) He did not suffer long.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He died heroically.
(d) He cried and begged until the bitter end.
9. Who is the first family member to see Paul when he returns home on leave?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
10. Who tricks the Russian prisoners into giving them their clothes and crafts?
(b) The Territorials.
(c) The Sergeant-Major.
11. What did Detering try to do?
(a) Escape and go home.
(b) Steal Paul's bread.
(c) Kill Himmelstoss and himself.
(d) Run away to Holland.
12. Who brought in Haie Westhus when he was wounded?
13. What does Baumer trade to a sergeant-major for a place with Kropp on the hospital train?
14. What kind of accent does the singing wireless-man have?
15. What happened to Kat and Kropp while Baumer was away on leave?
(a) No one knows.
(c) Kropp was mortally wounded.
(d) Kat was killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men given a shot for in the ambulance wagon?
2. Who is the last survivor of the original group?
3. Other than their legs, what does the men's new duty allow them to stretch?
4. Where do the men think they will be going?
5. What is on the poster that the men are so fascinated about?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)