|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men find prepared for them on the way to the front?
(a) An American unit.
(b) A victory celebration.
2. What flowers fill the meadow that the men are sitting in?
3. Who is fatally wounded in the back?
4. According to Haie, what is revenge?
(a) Christmas pudding.
(b) Chocolate pudding.
(c) Black pudding.
(d) White pudding.
5. What was the name of the other soldier who wet the bed?
6. What does Baumer grab for the men's dinner?
(a) A goose.
(b) A bulldog.
(c) A pig.
(d) A bag of apples.
7. What does Himmelstoss threaten to do to Tjaden?
(a) Have him sent to the front lines.
(b) Shoot him personally.
(c) Stab him in the gut.
(d) Court-martial him.
8. What does Kropp call the new reinforcements?
9. What did Katczinsky trade Ginger for the beans and beef?
(a) Parachute silk.
(b) Gun cotton.
(c) Balloon canvas.
(d) Uniform linen.
10. What do the men have to watch out for while riding back in the lorries?
(d) Hanging wires.
11. What platoon did Baumer, Kropp, Müller, and Kemmerich join?
12. Why is Müller in a good mood?
(a) He has new boots.
(b) He has a ticket home.
(c) He ate a good meal.
(d) He found an English rifle.
13. What pattern is on the bedding in the men's barracks?
(a) Stars and stripes.
(c) A patchwork quilt of war-scenes.
14. What did Baumer say Kemmerich had about him?
(a) Something special.
(b) Something of a soldier.
(c) Something of the girl.
(d) Something of the man.
15. What does every soldier believe in and trust?
(c) His rifle.
(d) His comrades.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the orderly glance at Kemmerich and then leave?
2. What is the men's sole ambition?
3. Who is Stanislaus Katczinsky?
4. Where are the soldiers who are not in the mess line or the dressing-station?
5. What is the last thing the men see before falling asleep?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)