|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bed is Kemmerich in?
2. What does Baumer fall in when counter-attacking the French?
(a) Love with a French girl.
(b) Someone's belly.
(c) A dug-out.
(d) A trench.
3. What are the French famous for on the front?
(a) Up-to-date weaponry.
(b) Corned beef.
(c) Vicious attacks.
(d) Well-trained soldiers.
4. What is the men's sole ambition?
(a) To kick the pants off a police officer.
(b) To pull the wool over the eyes of a general.
(c) To knock the conceit out of a postman.
(d) To send the dog after a salesman.
5. What is Tjaden's national dish?
(a) Liver and onions.
(b) Sauerkraut and chicken.
(c) Lima beans and beef.
(d) Broad beans and bacon.
6. Why is Müller in a good mood?
(a) He has new boots.
(b) He found an English rifle.
(c) He ate a good meal.
(d) He has a ticket home.
7. Who is Stanislaus Katczinsky?
(a) The laughing-stock of the group.
(b) The leader of the group.
(c) The follower of the group.
(d) The poet of the group.
8. What does Himmelstoss threaten to do to Tjaden?
(a) Stab him in the gut.
(b) Court-martial him.
(c) Have him sent to the front lines.
(d) Shoot him personally.
9. What type of animal does Kat notice and want to eat?
10. How many deaths does the orderly think there will be on the day Kemmerich dies?
11. When Kemmerich died, what did his eyes resemble?
(a) Yellow dandelions.
(b) Yellow horn buttons.
(c) Yellow gold coins.
(d) Yellow old ivory coasters.
12. What new danger do the men face while taking cover?
(a) The living dead.
(c) Incendiary rounds.
13. Who arrives at the front lines?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(c) The Kaiser.
14. What word describes almost all sergeant-majors?
15. What does Haie often dream of?
(a) Going home and forgetting about the war.
(b) Being killed in battle.
(c) The beating they gave to Himmelstoss.
(d) The abuse he received at the hands of Himmelstoss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does an old buffer describe the men as?
2. What type of cheese are the men given?
3. Why does the orderly glance at Kemmerich and then leave?
4. What punishment do the men receive for insulting Himmelstoss?
5. What job is Müller well suited for?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)