|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does an old buffer describe the men as?
(a) Young trouble-makers.
(b) Young heroes.
(c) Young idiots.
(d) Too young to know better.
2. What do the men have to watch out for while riding back in the lorries?
(b) Hanging wires.
3. How do gunpowder fumes taste?
4. When do the English gunners usually start firing?
(a) Eleven o'clock.
(b) Ten o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Eight thirty.
5. What did Katczinsky trade Ginger for the beans and beef?
(a) Gun cotton.
(b) Balloon canvas.
(c) Uniform linen.
(d) Parachute silk.
6. What word does Baumer use to describe Tjaden at the beginning of the chapter?
7. What is the men's sole ambition?
(a) To pull the wool over the eyes of a general.
(b) To kick the pants off a police officer.
(c) To knock the conceit out of a postman.
(d) To send the dog after a salesman.
8. What are there rumors of?
(a) A new British weapon.
(b) Volunteer duty.
(c) A spy.
(d) An offensive.
9. What do the men fear more than tanks and low-flying planes?
(b) Special forces.
10. According to Kat, why does a trained dog snap at a piece of meat?
(b) Because he was trained to.
(c) He's always hungry.
(d) It's his nature.
11. What do the men do with the leftover goose?
(a) They ate it all, there were no leftovers.
(b) They give it to Himmelstoss.
(c) They bring it back to the hut.
(d) They take it to Tjaden and Kropp.
12. Who has a special reason to hate Himmelstoss?
13. How many deaths does the orderly think there will be on the day Kemmerich dies?
14. What card game are the men playing?
15. What type of animal does Kat notice and want to eat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name do the men call the British?
2. What does Leer prefer?
3. What does Baumer grab for the men's dinner?
4. What is it a tedious exercise to kill?
5. What are the French famous for on the front?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)