|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lohne?
(a) The most dangerous area of the front.
(b) A railway junction.
(c) A library.
(d) Baumer's hometown.
2. What are the French famous for on the front?
(a) Up-to-date weaponry.
(b) Vicious attacks.
(c) Corned beef.
(d) Well-trained soldiers.
3. When Baumer and Kropp spilled raw sewage on Himmelstoss, what did he say it meant for them?
4. What do the men do with the leftover goose?
(a) They bring it back to the hut.
(b) They ate it all, there were no leftovers.
(c) They take it to Tjaden and Kropp.
(d) They give it to Himmelstoss.
5. What word describes almost all sergeant-majors?
6. What are the men at rest five miles from?
(a) The beach.
(d) The front.
7. What is Tjaden's national dish?
(a) Sauerkraut and chicken.
(b) Lima beans and beef.
(c) Broad beans and bacon.
(d) Liver and onions.
8. Who is coming to the front?
9. How does Baumer feel towards Kat?
(a) He resents him.
(b) He is indifferent towards him.
(c) He loves him.
(d) He tolerates him.
10. Why does the orderly glance at Kemmerich and then leave?
(a) He is doing the rounds.
(b) He is checking up on him.
(c) He is preparing to euthanize him.
(d) He is waiting, and wants the bed.
11. When do the English gunners usually start firing?
(a) Ten o'clock.
(b) Eight thirty.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Eleven o'clock.
12. What is it a tedious exercise to kill?
(c) The bacteria that cause trench-foot.
(d) Flamethrower troops.
13. What is the men's sole ambition?
(a) To kick the pants off a police officer.
(b) To pull the wool over the eyes of a general.
(c) To send the dog after a salesman.
(d) To knock the conceit out of a postman.
14. Why is Müller in a good mood?
(a) He has new boots.
(b) He found an English rifle.
(c) He ate a good meal.
(d) He has a ticket home.
15. What card game are the men playing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the crying, fair-haired recruit remind Baumer of?
2. How does Baumer hurt his hand?
3. What was the name of the other soldier who wet the bed?
4. What nation's troops rush the men's line?
5. What punishment do the men receive for insulting Himmelstoss?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)