|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is coming to the front?
2. What nation's troops rush the men's line?
3. What type of cheese are the men given?
4. What personal problem does Tjaden have?
(a) He is claustrophobic.
(b) He is an alcoholic.
(c) He isn't very smart.
(d) He is a bed-wetter.
5. What does every soldier believe in and trust?
(a) His rifle.
(b) His comrades.
6. When Baumer and Kropp spilled raw sewage on Himmelstoss, what did he say it meant for them?
7. What is the main character's name?
(a) Stanislaus Katczinsky.
(b) Haie Westhus
(c) Paul Baumer.
(d) Albert Kropp.
8. What is Tjaden's national dish?
(a) Broad beans and bacon.
(b) Sauerkraut and chicken.
(c) Liver and onions.
(d) Lima beans and beef.
9. How do gunpowder fumes taste?
10. What does Himmelstoss threaten to do to Tjaden?
(a) Shoot him personally.
(b) Court-martial him.
(c) Have him sent to the front lines.
(d) Stab him in the gut.
11. What name do the men call the British?
12. How long does Kropp say the men have had to endure shells and bombs?
(a) Two years.
(b) Thirty-seven months.
(c) A year and a half.
(d) One year.
13. What do the men salvage for parts to send home?
(a) Transport vehicles.
(d) Parachute bombs.
14. What do the men do with the leftover goose?
(a) They take it to Tjaden and Kropp.
(b) They bring it back to the hut.
(c) They give it to Himmelstoss.
(d) They ate it all, there were no leftovers.
15. How many deaths does the orderly think there will be on the day Kemmerich dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kat so worried about?
2. What word describes almost all sergeant-majors?
3. Who hates Himmelstoss the most?
4. The men were trained to be heroes as if they were...
5. What is there a lot more of now in the trenches?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)