|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the men's sole ambition?
(a) To pull the wool over the eyes of a general.
(b) To knock the conceit out of a postman.
(c) To send the dog after a salesman.
(d) To kick the pants off a police officer.
2. What are the French famous for on the front?
(a) Vicious attacks.
(b) Corned beef.
(c) Up-to-date weaponry.
(d) Well-trained soldiers.
3. How do the men refer to Germany?
(a) The Disneyland.
(b) The Fatherland.
(c) The Homeland.
(d) The Motherland.
4. What was Detering before he was a soldier?
5. What does a double ration of sausage and bread put a man in?
(a) A happy place.
(b) A decent state.
(c) A hospital bed.
(d) A fine trim.
6. What do the men throw at the enemy soldiers?
(b) Empty rifles with bayonets.
7. Who has his head torn off beside Baumer?
(a) A sergeant.
(c) A recruit.
(d) A lance-corporal.
8. What do Baumer and Kat want to do to the wounded young recruit?
(a) Disinfect his wounds with rum.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Carry him to the hospital.
(d) Leave him to die.
9. What is Kropp's first name?
10. How many men were wounded by friendly fire in the first night at the front?
(b) A dozen.
11. What was the name of the men's platoon leader during training?
12. What do the men have to watch out for while riding back in the lorries?
(a) Hanging wires.
13. Who arrives at the front lines?
(b) The Kaiser.
(c) Winston Churchill.
14. What does Baumer grab for the men's dinner?
(a) A goose.
(b) A bulldog.
(c) A pig.
(d) A bag of apples.
15. What nation's troops rush the men's line?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are there rumors of?
2. Who has a special reason to hate Himmelstoss?
3. What was the name of the other soldier who wet the bed?
4. What does Tjaden call Himmelstoss?
5. How does Baumer feel towards Kat?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)