|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Kemmerich?
(a) Almost twenty-one.
(b) Nineteen and a half.
(c) Not a day over twenty.
2. What did Baumer and Kemmerich used to catch in the lane of poplars by the Klosterbach?
3. What are the men at rest five miles from?
(b) The front.
(d) The beach.
4. What is the cook's name?
(a) The sergeant-cook.
(d) All of the above.
5. Who died of an inflammation of the lung?
6. What do the men try to find for two days?
(a) A little sleep.
(b) The cognac they stole from the French.
(c) A wounded man.
(d) Their helmets.
7. What word does Baumer use to describe Tjaden at the beginning of the chapter?
8. What card game are the men playing?
9. Where are the soldiers who are not in the mess line or the dressing-station?
(a) Tending to the wounded.
(b) Fighting on the front-lines.
(c) Pushing up daisies.
(d) Eating breakfast.
10. Why does Kat think they are losing the war?
(a) The British artillery is too accurate.
(b) They spend too much time sleeping.
(c) They salute too well.
(d) The commanders are incompetent.
11. Who is bothered the most by the sound of the wounded horses?
(b) The fair-haired recruit.
12. Who arrives at the front lines?
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) The Kaiser.
13. What does a double ration of sausage and bread put a man in?
(a) A hospital bed.
(b) A happy place.
(c) A decent state.
(d) A fine trim.
14. Who is coming to the front?
15. What does Tjaden call Himmelstoss?
(a) A dirty hound.
(b) A stupid cow.
(c) A squawking bird.
(d) A stinky pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men take cover from the heavy shelling?
2. What does Müller carry?
3. What does Himmelstoss threaten to do to Tjaden?
4. Who is fatally wounded in the back?
5. What bed is Kemmerich in?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)