|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it a tedious exercise to kill?
(a) The bacteria that cause trench-foot.
(d) Flamethrower troops.
2. Who has his head torn off beside Baumer?
(a) A lance-corporal.
(b) A sergeant.
(c) A recruit.
3. Who or what do the soldiers have to thank for their good fortune?
(a) The Prussian.
(b) A miscalculation.
(c) The weather.
(d) The turning tide of the war.
4. Why is Müller in a good mood?
(a) He has a ticket home.
(b) He has new boots.
(c) He found an English rifle.
(d) He ate a good meal.
5. What new danger do the men face while taking cover?
(b) The living dead.
(d) Incendiary rounds.
6. What is Lohne?
(a) Baumer's hometown.
(b) A library.
(c) The most dangerous area of the front.
(d) A railway junction.
7. What do the men throw at the enemy soldiers?
(d) Empty rifles with bayonets.
8. What is the men's sole ambition?
(a) To knock the conceit out of a postman.
(b) To kick the pants off a police officer.
(c) To send the dog after a salesman.
(d) To pull the wool over the eyes of a general.
9. Kat's masterpiece was four boxes of...
(a) Canned tuna.
10. When men such as Himmelstoss get a star or a stripe, it is as though they have swallowed...
11. What did Katczinsky trade Ginger for the beans and beef?
(a) Balloon canvas.
(b) Parachute silk.
(c) Uniform linen.
(d) Gun cotton.
12. When Baumer and Kropp spilled raw sewage on Himmelstoss, what did he say it meant for them?
13. What are the French famous for on the front?
(a) Corned beef.
(b) Well-trained soldiers.
(c) Vicious attacks.
(d) Up-to-date weaponry.
14. What does Baumer grab for the men's dinner?
(a) A pig.
(b) A bag of apples.
(c) A goose.
(d) A bulldog.
15. How many days ago did the soldiers have to relieve the front line?
Short Answer Questions
1. What flowers fill the meadow that the men are sitting in?
2. What does Leer prefer?
3. What do the men do with the leftover goose?
4. What nation's troops rush the men's line?
5. What is the last thing the men see before falling asleep?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)