|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do gunpowder fumes taste?
2. What is there a lot more of now in the trenches?
(b) High spirits.
3. According to Kat, why does a trained dog snap at a piece of meat?
(a) It's his nature.
(b) He's always hungry.
(d) Because he was trained to.
4. What is Kat so worried about?
5. How does Baumer feel towards Kat?
(a) He loves him.
(b) He tolerates him.
(c) He is indifferent towards him.
(d) He resents him.
6. What was the name of the men's platoon leader during training?
7. What do the men salvage for parts to send home?
(a) Parachute bombs.
(c) Transport vehicles.
8. What does Baumer grab for the men's dinner?
(a) A goose.
(b) A pig.
(c) A bag of apples.
(d) A bulldog.
9. What is Kropp's first name?
10. Who hates Himmelstoss the most?
11. What does every soldier believe in and trust?
(a) His rifle.
(b) His comrades.
12. Why was the fair-haired recruit so embarrassed?
(a) His pants had fallen down.
(b) He was crying.
(c) He had let one of his comrades die.
(d) He soiled himself.
13. What did Kropp lose in his bet about the German airplane?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A bottle of beer.
(c) Ten German marks.
(d) His boots.
14. Who has a special reason to hate Himmelstoss?
15. What does Müller carry?
(a) A heavy weight on his shoulders.
(b) A French rifle.
(d) Pictures of his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What never exists at the front?
2. Who arrives at the front lines?
3. What did Baumer and Kemmerich used to catch in the lane of poplars by the Klosterbach?
4. What haunts Baumer as he stands on guard after the attack?
5. What does Leer prefer?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)