|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do with the leftover goose?
(a) They take it to Tjaden and Kropp.
(b) They ate it all, there were no leftovers.
(c) They bring it back to the hut.
(d) They give it to Himmelstoss.
2. What is Kat so worried about?
3. How long does Kropp say the men have had to endure shells and bombs?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) Two years.
(c) Thirty-seven months.
(d) One year.
4. Katczinsky said the war wouldn't be so bad if they could just get enough...
5. Who is bothered the most by the sound of the wounded horses?
(c) The fair-haired recruit.
6. What was the name of the other soldier who wet the bed?
7. According to Haie, what is revenge?
(a) Chocolate pudding.
(b) White pudding.
(c) Black pudding.
(d) Christmas pudding.
8. When do the English gunners usually start firing?
(a) Eleven o'clock.
(b) Eight thirty.
(c) Ten o'clock.
(d) Five o'clock.
9. Who has his head torn off beside Baumer?
(a) A recruit.
(c) A sergeant.
(d) A lance-corporal.
10. Why does Haie prefer military life to his normal job?
(a) He likes working with explosives.
(b) It gives him an opportunity to kill people.
(c) He enjoys following orders and can't think for himself.
(d) It is clean and fairly comfortable.
11. What word describes almost all sergeant-majors?
12. When Baumer leaves the hospital, what does he suddenly think of?
(a) Maids, grassy fields, and grasshoppers.
(b) Women, alehouses, and golden sunsets.
(c) Ladies, blue skies, and romantic evenings.
(d) Girls, flowery meadows, and white clouds.
13. What is the name of the play that Baumer was writing?
(c) Mein Strudel.
14. The men were trained to be heroes as if they were...
15. What job is Müller well suited for?
(a) Police officer.
(c) Couch potato.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men survived the last day at the front?
2. What was the name of the men's platoon leader during training?
3. What new danger do the men face while taking cover?
4. Who is Tjaden?
5. According to Kat, why does a trained dog snap at a piece of meat?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)