|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Baumer go out on patrol?
(a) To keep the enemy on guard.
(b) To keep him feeling like a soldier.
(c) To help collect the dead soldiers.
(d) Because he feels an attachment to his comrades.
2. What new danger do the men face while taking cover?
(b) The living dead.
(d) Incendiary rounds.
3. Who or what do the soldiers have to thank for their good fortune?
(a) The turning tide of the war.
(b) The Prussian.
(c) A miscalculation.
(d) The weather.
4. What is it a tedious exercise to kill?
(c) Flamethrower troops.
(d) The bacteria that cause trench-foot.
5. What does every soldier believe in and trust?
(a) His comrades.
(b) His rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Baumer fail to notice on the street?
2. Beside Baumer's training camp there is a prison of soldiers from what country?
3. Who tricks the Russian prisoners into giving them their clothes and crafts?
4. What do the men bring to the French girls as presents?
5. Katczinsky said the war wouldn't be so bad if they could just get enough...
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)