|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the only things that Baumer can talk about with his family before he leaves?
(a) How wonderful it was to be home and some soldier's jokes.
(b) How strange it was to be back home, and some soldier's jokes.
(c) The weather and some soldier's jokes.
(d) His mother's illness and some soldier's jokes.
2. What is the name of the play that Baumer was writing?
(b) Mein Strudel.
3. What are there rumors of?
(a) An offensive.
(b) Volunteer duty.
(c) A spy.
(d) A new British weapon.
4. What do the men find to eat?
(a) Eggs, chickens, and corn.
(b) Eggs, pickles, and sauerkraut.
(c) Bread, sausage, and bacon.
(d) Eggs, pigs, and butter.
5. What pattern is on the bedding in the men's barracks?
(a) Stars and stripes.
(d) A patchwork quilt of war-scenes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kemmerich died, what did his eyes resemble?
2. What platoon did Baumer, Kropp, Müller, and Kemmerich join?
3. What does an old buffer describe the men as?
4. Why does Kat think they are losing the war?
5. What haunts Baumer as he stands on guard after the attack?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)