|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes seven?
(a) Four plus three.
(b) Six men and two half-wits.
(c) Three whole-wits plus eight half-wits.
(d) Four and a half-wits.
2. What do the men wrap Himmelstoss in when they beat him?
(a) Tow cable.
(b) Wire bedding.
(c) A bed cover.
(d) A pillowcase.
3. Who is Kantorek?
(a) The men's old bartender.
(b) The men's old friend.
(c) The men's old schoolmaster.
(d) The men's old barber.
4. How long does Kropp say the men have had to endure shells and bombs?
(a) One year.
(b) Thirty-seven months.
(c) Two years.
(d) A year and a half.
5. What is the men's sole ambition?
(a) To pull the wool over the eyes of a general.
(b) To send the dog after a salesman.
(c) To knock the conceit out of a postman.
(d) To kick the pants off a police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beside Baumer's training camp there is a prison of soldiers from what country?
2. What name do the men call the British?
3. What type of expression was on Paul's face when he died?
4. What nation's troops rush the men's line?
5. Why does Paul have two weeks off?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)