|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a double ration of sausage and bread put a man in?
(a) A hospital bed.
(b) A happy place.
(c) A decent state.
(d) A fine trim.
2. How does Baumer feel towards Kat?
(a) He resents him.
(b) He is indifferent towards him.
(c) He loves him.
(d) He tolerates him.
3. Who is Tjaden?
(a) A young student.
(b) A rough dockworker.
(c) A skinny locksmith.
(d) A fat accountant.
4. What did Detering try to do?
(a) Run away to Holland.
(b) Escape and go home.
(c) Kill Himmelstoss and himself.
(d) Steal Paul's bread.
5. What does every soldier believe in and trust?
(b) His comrades.
(d) His rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Baumer and Kropp spilled raw sewage on Himmelstoss, what did he say it meant for them?
2. How does Paul kill the man in the shell-hole?
3. How many reinforcements does the company need?
4. What has Baumer's mother been all her life?
5. How many men survived the last day at the front?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)