|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baumer trade to a sergeant-major for a place with Kropp on the hospital train?
2. How many reinforcements does the company need?
(a) Over a hundred.
(b) At least eighty.
(c) More than the Kaiser can supply.
3. Where do the men take cover from the heavy shelling?
(a) The house where Kat saw the geese.
(b) The burned-out lorries.
(c) The woods.
(d) A graveyard.
4. What is wrong with Paul's mother?
(a) She has cancer.
(b) She has gone insane.
(c) She is angry that Paul did not bring more food.
(d) She cannot remember her son.
5. What do Baumer and Kat want to do to the wounded young recruit?
(a) Leave him to die.
(b) Disinfect his wounds with rum.
(c) Carry him to the hospital.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are there rumors of?
2. What "game" did Himmelstoss used to make the men play?
3. What disease do the prisoners have?
4. What do the men find to eat?
5. Other than their legs, what does the men's new duty allow them to stretch?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)