|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lohne?
(a) A library.
(b) The most dangerous area of the front.
(c) Baumer's hometown.
(d) A railway junction.
2. What does an old buffer describe the men as?
(a) Young trouble-makers.
(b) Too young to know better.
(c) Young heroes.
(d) Young idiots.
3. Why does Haie prefer military life to his normal job?
(a) It is clean and fairly comfortable.
(b) He likes working with explosives.
(c) He enjoys following orders and can't think for himself.
(d) It gives him an opportunity to kill people.
4. Who is coming to the front?
5. What do the men have to watch out for while riding back in the lorries?
(b) Hanging wires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has his head torn off beside Baumer?
2. How many cakes does Baumer give to the Russians?
3. What do the men fear more than tanks and low-flying planes?
4. What type of animal does Kat notice and want to eat?
5. What is the last thing the men see before falling asleep?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)