|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do gunpowder fumes taste?
2. How does Paul kill the man in the shell-hole?
(a) With his knife.
(b) With his rifle.
(c) With his revolver.
(d) With his bare hands.
3. What was the name of the men's platoon leader during training?
4. Who is Haie Westhus?
(a) A field-worker.
(b) A construction worker.
(c) A peat-digger.
(d) A gardener.
5. What are the French famous for on the front?
(a) Up-to-date weaponry.
(b) Corned beef.
(c) Vicious attacks.
(d) Well-trained soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kemmerich?
2. What gives the men terrible bowel troubles?
3. How many men were wounded by friendly fire in the first night at the front?
4. What is the main character's name?
5. What new danger do the men face while taking cover?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)