|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Baumer and Kemmerich used to catch in the lane of poplars by the Klosterbach?
2. Katczinsky said the war wouldn't be so bad if they could just get enough...
3. What word does Baumer use to describe Tjaden at the beginning of the chapter?
4. What does Baumer's mother send to him before he leaves?
(a) Sausage and bread.
(b) Woolen underwear.
(c) New boots.
(d) Potato-cakes and jam.
5. Where are the soldiers who are not in the mess line or the dressing-station?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Fighting on the front-lines.
(c) Pushing up daisies.
(d) Tending to the wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many reinforcements does the company need?
2. What do Baumer and Kat want to do to the wounded young recruit?
3. Why does Haie prefer military life to his normal job?
4. Who is wounded by shellfire while evacuating a village?
5. What haunts Baumer as he stands on guard after the attack?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)