|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paul hesitate to get in the bed in the hospital train?
(a) It is an officer's bed.
(b) He doesn't want to get in without giving the sergeant-major the cigars.
(c) The sheets are too clean.
(d) It is covered with blood from the previous occupant.
2. What type of license allows a man to do what he wants?
(a) Hunting license.
(b) License to kill.
(c) Unlimited license.
(d) Shooting license.
3. How long does Kropp say the men have had to endure shells and bombs?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Thirty-seven months.
4. Who is Kantorek?
(a) The men's old barber.
(b) The men's old bartender.
(c) The men's old friend.
(d) The men's old schoolmaster.
5. What "game" did Himmelstoss used to make the men play?
(a) The cook-house game.
(b) Parts of the 98 rifle.
(c) Change at Lohne.
(d) Fall forward.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days leave does Baumer get in total?
2. What happens to Paul when he is in the shell-holes?
3. Other than their legs, what does the men's new duty allow them to stretch?
4. How many reinforcements does the company need?
5. Why does Baumer go out on patrol?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)