|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do with the leftover goose?
(a) They bring it back to the hut.
(b) They ate it all, there were no leftovers.
(c) They give it to Himmelstoss.
(d) They take it to Tjaden and Kropp.
2. What was the name of the other soldier who wet the bed?
3. Why does Baumer go out on patrol?
(a) To help collect the dead soldiers.
(b) To keep the enemy on guard.
(c) Because he feels an attachment to his comrades.
(d) To keep him feeling like a soldier.
4. What is Lohne?
(a) A library.
(b) Baumer's hometown.
(c) The most dangerous area of the front.
(d) A railway junction.
5. Why does Paul hesitate to get in the bed in the hospital train?
(a) He doesn't want to get in without giving the sergeant-major the cigars.
(b) The sheets are too clean.
(c) It is an officer's bed.
(d) It is covered with blood from the previous occupant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baumer grab for the men's dinner?
2. Who is the first family member to see Paul when he returns home on leave?
3. When do the men return to the lorries?
4. What are the French famous for on the front?
5. What nation's troops rush the men's line?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)