|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Baumer use to describe Tjaden at the beginning of the chapter?
2. What distinguishes Kropp from the other characters?
(a) He is the bravest.
(b) He is the clearest thinker.
(c) He is the most cowardly.
(d) He is the tallest.
3. How does Baumer hurt his hand?
(a) He uses it to shield himself from shrapnel.
(b) Cutting and removing barbed wire.
(c) Unrolling barbed wire.
(d) Crawling through barbed wire.
4. How do the men make a grater?
(a) By breaking off bits of a knife-blade.
(b) By punching holes in a pot-lid.
(c) By packing a bunch of barbed wire.
(d) By tying together several bayonets.
5. Why do the men know they are near the sea?
(a) They can hear seabirds.
(b) They find a boat.
(c) They can smell the water.
(d) They can feel the cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Haie, what is revenge?
2. What happened to Kat and Kropp while Baumer was away on leave?
3. What class is Paul mother in in the hospital?
4. What does Baumer do with the prisoners?
5. What does Baumer's mother send to him before he leaves?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)