|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Baumer use to describe Tjaden at the beginning of the chapter?
2. What does Müller carry?
(a) A French rifle.
(b) A heavy weight on his shoulders.
(d) Pictures of his family.
3. When men such as Himmelstoss get a star or a stripe, it is as though they have swallowed...
4. Why is Müller in a good mood?
(a) He has new boots.
(b) He has a ticket home.
(c) He ate a good meal.
(d) He found an English rifle.
5. What does a double ration of sausage and bread put a man in?
(a) A happy place.
(b) A hospital bed.
(c) A fine trim.
(d) A decent state.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the soldiers who are not in the mess line or the dressing-station?
2. How many cakes does Baumer give to the Russians?
3. When the men enlisted, what did many of them do for the first time before going to the barracks?
4. What did Himmelstoss force Baumer and Kropp to clean the Corporals' Mess with?
5. What do the men wrap Himmelstoss in when they beat him?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)