|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lohne?
(a) A library.
(b) A railway junction.
(c) Baumer's hometown.
(d) The most dangerous area of the front.
2. What will Baumer's mother undergo for her cancer?
(b) An operation.
(c) Faith healing.
(d) No treatment.
3. Why was the fair-haired recruit so embarrassed?
(a) He had let one of his comrades die.
(b) He soiled himself.
(c) His pants had fallen down.
(d) He was crying.
4. How does Baumer feel towards Kat?
(a) He is indifferent towards him.
(b) He tolerates him.
(c) He resents him.
(d) He loves him.
5. What happens on a foggy morning at the training camp?
(a) One of the Russians is buried.
(b) Baumer's mother dies.
(c) One of the Territorials shoots a prisoner.
(d) Paul gets word that Kantorek has been killed at the front.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing the men see before falling asleep?
2. What does every soldier believe in and trust?
3. Why does Kat think they are losing the war?
4. How does Baumer hurt his hand?
5. Who is Stanislaus Katczinsky?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)