|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease do the prisoners have?
(c) The plague.
2. According to Kat, why does a trained dog snap at a piece of meat?
(b) It's his nature.
(c) Because he was trained to.
(d) He's always hungry.
3. What are the only things that Baumer can talk about with his family before he leaves?
(a) How wonderful it was to be home and some soldier's jokes.
(b) How strange it was to be back home, and some soldier's jokes.
(c) His mother's illness and some soldier's jokes.
(d) The weather and some soldier's jokes.
4. What was Detering before he was a soldier?
5. How many men survived the last day at the front?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a double ration of sausage and bread put a man in?
2. When the men enlisted, what did many of them do for the first time before going to the barracks?
3. Katczinsky said the war wouldn't be so bad if they could just get enough...
4. What does an old buffer describe the men as?
5. What does Baumer's mother send to him before he leaves?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)