|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main character's name?
(a) Paul Baumer.
(b) Haie Westhus
(c) Stanislaus Katczinsky.
(d) Albert Kropp.
2. What will Baumer's mother undergo for her cancer?
(a) No treatment.
(b) An operation.
(d) Faith healing.
3. How old is Kemmerich?
(a) Almost twenty-one.
(c) Not a day over twenty.
(d) Nineteen and a half.
4. Why does the orderly glance at Kemmerich and then leave?
(a) He is preparing to euthanize him.
(b) He is doing the rounds.
(c) He is waiting, and wants the bed.
(d) He is checking up on him.
5. What is the cook's name?
(a) All of the above.
(b) The sergeant-cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Baumer's mother been all her life?
2. Why do the men know they are near the sea?
3. What word describes almost all sergeant-majors?
4. How many deaths does the orderly think there will be on the day Kemmerich dies?
5. What is Tjaden's national dish?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)