|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word describes almost all sergeant-majors?
2. What does a double ration of sausage and bread put a man in?
(a) A happy place.
(b) A fine trim.
(c) A decent state.
(d) A hospital bed.
3. What is the name of the play that Baumer was writing?
(d) Mein Strudel.
4. What does Kropp have at home?
(a) An expensive tie.
(c) Dress shoes.
(d) White trousers.
5. Who is Stanislaus Katczinsky?
(a) The follower of the group.
(b) The leader of the group.
(c) The poet of the group.
(d) The laughing-stock of the group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Katczinsky trade Ginger for the beans and beef?
2. What flowers fill the meadow that the men are sitting in?
3. When the men enlisted, what did many of them do for the first time before going to the barracks?
4. Who is Tjaden?
5. What platoon did Baumer, Kropp, Müller, and Kemmerich join?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)