|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word describes almost all sergeant-majors?
2. What is Tjaden's national dish?
(a) Sauerkraut and chicken.
(b) Broad beans and bacon.
(c) Liver and onions.
(d) Lima beans and beef.
3. Where do the men take cover from the heavy shelling?
(a) The woods.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) The burned-out lorries.
(d) The house where Kat saw the geese.
4. What was the name of the other soldier who wet the bed?
5. Why was the fair-haired recruit so embarrassed?
(a) His pants had fallen down.
(b) He soiled himself.
(c) He was crying.
(d) He had let one of his comrades die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "game" did Himmelstoss used to make the men play?
2. When men such as Himmelstoss get a star or a stripe, it is as though they have swallowed...
3. How many men were wounded by friendly fire in the first night at the front?
4. What does Tjaden call Himmelstoss?
5. What type of animal does Kat notice and want to eat?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)