|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kropp's first name?
2. Why does Kat think they are losing the war?
(a) They salute too well.
(b) The British artillery is too accurate.
(c) The commanders are incompetent.
(d) They spend too much time sleeping.
3. Why does Haie prefer military life to his normal job?
(a) He likes working with explosives.
(b) He enjoys following orders and can't think for himself.
(c) It is clean and fairly comfortable.
(d) It gives him an opportunity to kill people.
4. What bed is Kemmerich in?
5. When Baumer leaves the hospital, what does he suddenly think of?
(a) Maids, grassy fields, and grasshoppers.
(b) Ladies, blue skies, and romantic evenings.
(c) Girls, flowery meadows, and white clouds.
(d) Women, alehouses, and golden sunsets.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the men enlisted, what did many of them do for the first time before going to the barracks?
2. What card game are the men playing?
3. What game to the men play while locked up?
4. How many deaths does the orderly think there will be on the day Kemmerich dies?
5. Who is Haie Westhus?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)