|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has his head torn off beside Baumer?
(a) A lance-corporal.
(b) A sergeant.
(c) A recruit.
2. What is the last thing the men see before falling asleep?
(a) Himmelstoss' face.
(b) The flashing of the explosions at the front.
(c) The outlines of the huts.
(d) The bones of the goose.
3. What personal problem does Tjaden have?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He is a bed-wetter.
(c) He is claustrophobic.
(d) He isn't very smart.
4. How does Baumer hurt his hand?
(a) Unrolling barbed wire.
(b) Crawling through barbed wire.
(c) Cutting and removing barbed wire.
(d) He uses it to shield himself from shrapnel.
5. Who is bothered the most by the sound of the wounded horses?
(c) The fair-haired recruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Haie often dream of?
2. What did Baumer and Kemmerich used to catch in the lane of poplars by the Klosterbach?
3. What haunts Baumer as he stands on guard after the attack?
4. What are the French famous for on the front?
5. How many deaths does the orderly think there will be on the day Kemmerich dies?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)