|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment do the men receive for insulting Himmelstoss?
(a) House arrest.
(c) Solitary confinement.
(d) Open arrest.
2. When Baumer and Kropp spilled raw sewage on Himmelstoss, what did he say it meant for them?
3. What does Baumer fall in when counter-attacking the French?
(a) A trench.
(b) Love with a French girl.
(c) Someone's belly.
(d) A dug-out.
4. Who is Tjaden?
(a) A young student.
(b) A fat accountant.
(c) A skinny locksmith.
(d) A rough dockworker.
5. Why does Kat think they are losing the war?
(a) They salute too well.
(b) The British artillery is too accurate.
(c) The commanders are incompetent.
(d) They spend too much time sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the English gunners usually start firing?
2. Why was the fair-haired recruit so embarrassed?
3. How do gunpowder fumes taste?
4. What personal problem does Tjaden have?
5. Why do the men know they are near the sea?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)