|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the men's sole ambition?
(a) To knock the conceit out of a postman.
(b) To send the dog after a salesman.
(c) To pull the wool over the eyes of a general.
(d) To kick the pants off a police officer.
2. Why is Müller in a good mood?
(a) He ate a good meal.
(b) He has a ticket home.
(c) He found an English rifle.
(d) He has new boots.
3. Who is Kantorek?
(a) The men's old barber.
(b) The men's old friend.
(c) The men's old schoolmaster.
(d) The men's old bartender.
4. Who is Haie Westhus?
(a) A gardener.
(b) A construction worker.
(c) A peat-digger.
(d) A field-worker.
5. According to Kat, why does a trained dog snap at a piece of meat?
(a) Because he was trained to.
(b) It's his nature.
(d) He's always hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flowers fill the meadow that the men are sitting in?
2. What word does Baumer use to describe Tjaden at the beginning of the chapter?
3. What type of animal does Kat notice and want to eat?
4. Why does Kat think they are losing the war?
5. What is Tjaden's national dish?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)