|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tjaden's national dish?
(a) Broad beans and bacon.
(b) Sauerkraut and chicken.
(c) Lima beans and beef.
(d) Liver and onions.
2. What was the name of the men's platoon leader during training?
3. Who arrives at the front lines?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) The Kaiser.
4. What is it a tedious exercise to kill?
(a) Flamethrower troops.
(d) The bacteria that cause trench-foot.
5. Who or what do the soldiers have to thank for their good fortune?
(a) The Prussian.
(b) The weather.
(c) The turning tide of the war.
(d) A miscalculation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Baumer and Kropp spilled raw sewage on Himmelstoss, what did he say it meant for them?
2. Who has a special reason to hate Himmelstoss?
3. Who is Haie Westhus?
4. What word does Baumer use to describe Tjaden at the beginning of the chapter?
5. Why was the fair-haired recruit so embarrassed?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)