|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leer prefer?
(a) The girls from the hospital.
(b) The girls from the clubs in Munich.
(c) The girls from the officers' brothels.
(d) The girls from the English brothels.
2. What is the main character's name?
(a) Stanislaus Katczinsky.
(b) Paul Baumer.
(c) Albert Kropp.
(d) Haie Westhus
3. What does Müller carry?
(a) A heavy weight on his shoulders.
(b) A French rifle.
(c) Pictures of his family.
4. When Baumer leaves the hospital, what does he suddenly think of?
(a) Girls, flowery meadows, and white clouds.
(b) Maids, grassy fields, and grasshoppers.
(c) Ladies, blue skies, and romantic evenings.
(d) Women, alehouses, and golden sunsets.
5. What do the men wrap Himmelstoss in when they beat him?
(a) Wire bedding.
(b) A pillowcase.
(c) A bed cover.
(d) Tow cable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the play that Baumer was writing?
2. What word does Baumer use to describe Tjaden at the beginning of the chapter?
3. Who or what do the soldiers have to thank for their good fortune?
4. Why was the fair-haired recruit so embarrassed?
5. Why does Haie prefer military life to his normal job?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)