|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment do the men receive for insulting Himmelstoss?
(a) Open arrest.
(b) House arrest.
(c) Solitary confinement.
2. Why is Müller in a good mood?
(a) He has new boots.
(b) He found an English rifle.
(c) He ate a good meal.
(d) He has a ticket home.
3. How does Baumer feel towards Kat?
(a) He is indifferent towards him.
(b) He resents him.
(c) He tolerates him.
(d) He loves him.
4. How many deaths does the orderly think there will be on the day Kemmerich dies?
5. What is the men's sole ambition?
(a) To send the dog after a salesman.
(b) To knock the conceit out of a postman.
(c) To kick the pants off a police officer.
(d) To pull the wool over the eyes of a general.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "game" did Himmelstoss used to make the men play?
2. Where are the soldiers who are not in the mess line or the dressing-station?
3. What do the men have to watch out for while riding back in the lorries?
4. How does Baumer hurt his hand?
5. What do Baumer and Kat want to do to the wounded young recruit?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)