|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the English gunners usually start firing?
(a) Eight thirty.
(b) Ten o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Eleven o'clock.
2. According to Haie, what is revenge?
(a) Chocolate pudding.
(b) Black pudding.
(c) Christmas pudding.
(d) White pudding.
3. Where are the soldiers who are not in the mess line or the dressing-station?
(a) Pushing up daisies.
(b) Fighting on the front-lines.
(c) Eating breakfast.
(d) Tending to the wounded.
4. When the men enlisted, what did many of them do for the first time before going to the barracks?
(d) Have sex.
5. What do Baumer and Kat want to do to the wounded young recruit?
(a) Leave him to die.
(b) Carry him to the hospital.
(c) Disinfect his wounds with rum.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men know they are near the sea?
2. What job is Müller well suited for?
3. What did Katczinsky trade Ginger for the beans and beef?
4. Who died of an inflammation of the lung?
5. Who is coming to the front?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)