|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kat think they are losing the war?
(a) They spend too much time sleeping.
(b) The commanders are incompetent.
(c) The British artillery is too accurate.
(d) They salute too well.
2. Who or what do the soldiers have to thank for their good fortune?
(a) A miscalculation.
(b) The turning tide of the war.
(c) The weather.
(d) The Prussian.
3. Katczinsky said the war wouldn't be so bad if they could just get enough...
4. What did Baumer and Kemmerich used to catch in the lane of poplars by the Klosterbach?
5. Who is Stanislaus Katczinsky?
(a) The laughing-stock of the group.
(b) The follower of the group.
(c) The poet of the group.
(d) The leader of the group.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the men enlisted, what did many of them do for the first time before going to the barracks?
2. When Baumer and Kropp spilled raw sewage on Himmelstoss, what did he say it meant for them?
3. What are the men at rest five miles from?
4. What platoon did Baumer, Kropp, Müller, and Kemmerich join?
5. When Baumer leaves the hospital, what does he suddenly think of?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)