|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kemmerich died, what did his eyes resemble?
(a) Yellow gold coins.
(b) Yellow horn buttons.
(c) Yellow old ivory coasters.
(d) Yellow dandelions.
2. How many days ago did the soldiers have to relieve the front line?
3. How many men survived the last day at the front?
4. Who is Stanislaus Katczinsky?
(a) The leader of the group.
(b) The follower of the group.
(c) The laughing-stock of the group.
(d) The poet of the group.
5. What personal problem does Tjaden have?
(a) He isn't very smart.
(b) He is claustrophobic.
(c) He is an alcoholic.
(d) He is a bed-wetter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kat think they are losing the war?
2. What did Kropp lose in his bet about the German airplane?
3. How old is Kemmerich?
4. What "game" did Himmelstoss used to make the men play?
5. What did Himmelstoss force Baumer and Kropp to clean the Corporals' Mess with?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)