|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Kemmerich?
(a) Almost twenty-one.
(b) Nineteen and a half.
(d) Not a day over twenty.
2. Why does Kat think they are losing the war?
(a) The British artillery is too accurate.
(b) They spend too much time sleeping.
(c) The commanders are incompetent.
(d) They salute too well.
3. What did Himmelstoss force Baumer and Kropp to clean the Corporals' Mess with?
(a) Nothing but their hands.
(b) A fine comb.
(c) A single paper towel.
(d) A toothbrush.
4. Kat's masterpiece was four boxes of...
(d) Canned tuna.
5. How many deaths does the orderly think there will be on the day Kemmerich dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Katczinsky trade Ginger for the beans and beef?
2. How many days ago did the soldiers have to relieve the front line?
3. What distinguishes Kropp from the other characters?
4. What "game" did Himmelstoss used to make the men play?
5. How many men survived the last day at the front?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)