|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Baumer and Kropp spilled raw sewage on Himmelstoss, what did he say it meant for them?
2. What do the men wrap Himmelstoss in when they beat him?
(a) Tow cable.
(b) A bed cover.
(c) A pillowcase.
(d) Wire bedding.
3. What is the cook's name?
(a) All of the above.
(c) The sergeant-cook.
4. When Baumer leaves the hospital, what does he suddenly think of?
(a) Girls, flowery meadows, and white clouds.
(b) Ladies, blue skies, and romantic evenings.
(c) Maids, grassy fields, and grasshoppers.
(d) Women, alehouses, and golden sunsets.
5. Why does Kat think they are losing the war?
(a) The British artillery is too accurate.
(b) They salute too well.
(c) The commanders are incompetent.
(d) They spend too much time sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Baumer and Kemmerich used to catch in the lane of poplars by the Klosterbach?
2. Who is Tjaden?
3. What did Himmelstoss force Baumer and Kropp to clean the Corporals' Mess with?
4. According to Kat, why does a trained dog snap at a piece of meat?
5. What does a double ration of sausage and bread put a man in?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)