|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Haie, what is revenge?
(a) Chocolate pudding.
(b) White pudding.
(c) Black pudding.
(d) Christmas pudding.
2. What is Tjaden's national dish?
(a) Lima beans and beef.
(b) Liver and onions.
(c) Sauerkraut and chicken.
(d) Broad beans and bacon.
3. Why does the orderly glance at Kemmerich and then leave?
(a) He is checking up on him.
(b) He is preparing to euthanize him.
(c) He is doing the rounds.
(d) He is waiting, and wants the bed.
4. What is the main character's name?
(a) Haie Westhus
(b) Albert Kropp.
(c) Stanislaus Katczinsky.
(d) Paul Baumer.
5. What personal problem does Tjaden have?
(a) He is claustrophobic.
(b) He is an alcoholic.
(c) He is a bed-wetter.
(d) He isn't very smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leer prefer?
2. The men were trained to be heroes as if they were...
3. Katczinsky said the war wouldn't be so bad if they could just get enough...
4. What is the cook's name?
5. What does Müller carry?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)