|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many deaths does the orderly think there will be on the day Kemmerich dies?
2. What is the cook's name?
(b) The sergeant-cook.
(c) All of the above.
3. When Baumer leaves the hospital, what does he suddenly think of?
(a) Women, alehouses, and golden sunsets.
(b) Girls, flowery meadows, and white clouds.
(c) Maids, grassy fields, and grasshoppers.
(d) Ladies, blue skies, and romantic evenings.
4. What did Baumer and Kemmerich used to catch in the lane of poplars by the Klosterbach?
5. When Kemmerich died, what did his eyes resemble?
(a) Yellow old ivory coasters.
(b) Yellow dandelions.
(c) Yellow gold coins.
(d) Yellow horn buttons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what do the soldiers have to thank for their good fortune?
2. How many days ago did the soldiers have to relieve the front line?
3. What was the name of the men's platoon leader during training?
4. How many men survived the last day at the front?
5. What does a double ration of sausage and bread put a man in?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)