|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the play that Baumer was writing?
(a) Mein Strudel.
2. How many deaths does the orderly think there will be on the day Kemmerich dies?
3. What distinguishes Kropp from the other characters?
(a) He is the tallest.
(b) He is the bravest.
(c) He is the most cowardly.
(d) He is the clearest thinker.
4. Who or what do the soldiers have to thank for their good fortune?
(a) The weather.
(b) The turning tide of the war.
(c) The Prussian.
(d) A miscalculation.
5. How do the men refer to Germany?
(a) The Fatherland.
(b) The Homeland.
(c) The Motherland.
(d) The Disneyland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kantorek?
2. Why does the orderly glance at Kemmerich and then leave?
3. What did Baumer and Kemmerich used to catch in the lane of poplars by the Klosterbach?
4. Where are the soldiers who are not in the mess line or the dressing-station?
5. The men were trained to be heroes as if they were...
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)