|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the orderly glance at Kemmerich and then leave?
(a) He is preparing to euthanize him.
(b) He is doing the rounds.
(c) He is checking up on him.
(d) He is waiting, and wants the bed.
2. What did Baumer say Kemmerich had about him?
(a) Something of a soldier.
(b) Something special.
(c) Something of the man.
(d) Something of the girl.
3. Katczinsky said the war wouldn't be so bad if they could just get enough...
4. What distinguishes Kropp from the other characters?
(a) He is the bravest.
(b) He is the clearest thinker.
(c) He is the most cowardly.
(d) He is the tallest.
5. When the men enlisted, what did many of them do for the first time before going to the barracks?
(b) Have sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Himmelstoss force Baumer and Kropp to clean the Corporals' Mess with?
2. Who is Stanislaus Katczinsky?
3. How many days ago did the soldiers have to relieve the front line?
4. How many men survived the last day at the front?
5. Who is Kantorek?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)