|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died of an inflammation of the lung?
2. When Baumer leaves the hospital, what does he suddenly think of?
(a) Women, alehouses, and golden sunsets.
(b) Ladies, blue skies, and romantic evenings.
(c) Girls, flowery meadows, and white clouds.
(d) Maids, grassy fields, and grasshoppers.
3. What is the main character's name?
(a) Albert Kropp.
(b) Haie Westhus
(c) Paul Baumer.
(d) Stanislaus Katczinsky.
4. Who is Stanislaus Katczinsky?
(a) The leader of the group.
(b) The laughing-stock of the group.
(c) The follower of the group.
(d) The poet of the group.
5. What are the men at rest five miles from?
(a) The beach.
(d) The front.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cook's name?
2. When Kemmerich died, what did his eyes resemble?
3. How do the men refer to Germany?
4. What is the name of the play that Baumer was writing?
5. When Baumer and Kropp spilled raw sewage on Himmelstoss, what did he say it meant for them?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)