|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the front lines?
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) The Kaiser.
2. What is missing from the naked soldier sitting in the tree, other than his clothes?
(a) His helmet.
(b) His arms.
(c) His head.
(d) His legs.
3. What "game" did Himmelstoss used to make the men play?
(a) Fall forward.
(b) The cook-house game.
(c) Change at Lohne.
(d) Parts of the 98 rifle.
4. What do the men find to eat?
(a) Bread, sausage, and bacon.
(b) Eggs, pigs, and butter.
(c) Eggs, pickles, and sauerkraut.
(d) Eggs, chickens, and corn.
5. What are the French famous for on the front?
(a) Up-to-date weaponry.
(b) Corned beef.
(c) Vicious attacks.
(d) Well-trained soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first family member to see Paul when he returns home on leave?
2. When Baumer leaves the hospital, what does he suddenly think of?
3. What is Kat so worried about?
4. Who is fatally wounded in the back?
5. What do the men have to watch out for while riding back in the lorries?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)