|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many recruits die for each one veteran killed?
(a) One to two.
(b) Five to ten.
(c) Five to seven.
(d) Three to four.
2. What class is Paul mother in in the hospital?
3. What are the only things that Baumer can talk about with his family before he leaves?
(a) How strange it was to be back home, and some soldier's jokes.
(b) His mother's illness and some soldier's jokes.
(c) How wonderful it was to be home and some soldier's jokes.
(d) The weather and some soldier's jokes.
4. What do the men decide to do after seeing the poster?
(a) Get deloused and find some clean clothes.
(b) Sleep, because they are depressed.
(c) Go to town and find prostitutes.
(d) Destroy the picture of the girl.
5. Why does the orderly glance at Kemmerich and then leave?
(a) He is doing the rounds.
(b) He is waiting, and wants the bed.
(c) He is checking up on him.
(d) He is preparing to euthanize him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kat's masterpiece was four boxes of...
2. What game to the men play while locked up?
3. How many days ago did the soldiers have to relieve the front line?
4. Who is wounded by shellfire while evacuating a village?
5. When Baumer leaves the hospital, what does he suddenly think of?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)