|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the fair-haired recruit so embarrassed?
(a) He was crying.
(b) He had let one of his comrades die.
(c) He soiled himself.
(d) His pants had fallen down.
2. What is Kat so worried about?
3. What is the cook's name?
(c) All of the above.
(d) The sergeant-cook.
4. What "game" did Himmelstoss used to make the men play?
(a) Change at Lohne.
(b) Fall forward.
(c) The cook-house game.
(d) Parts of the 98 rifle.
5. What is the name of the play that Baumer was writing?
(a) Mein Strudel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kemmerich died, what did his eyes resemble?
2. Who does the crying, fair-haired recruit remind Baumer of?
3. What distinguishes Kropp from the other characters?
4. What did Himmelstoss force Baumer and Kropp to clean the Corporals' Mess with?
5. What are the men at rest five miles from?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)