|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Baumer say Kemmerich had about him?
(a) Something special.
(b) Something of a soldier.
(c) Something of the man.
(d) Something of the girl.
2. How do the men refer to Germany?
(a) The Fatherland.
(b) The Homeland.
(c) The Motherland.
(d) The Disneyland.
3. What does a double ration of sausage and bread put a man in?
(a) A decent state.
(b) A hospital bed.
(c) A happy place.
(d) A fine trim.
4. What pattern is on the bedding in the men's barracks?
(b) A patchwork quilt of war-scenes.
(d) Stars and stripes.
5. Who is Kantorek?
(a) The men's old barber.
(b) The men's old bartender.
(c) The men's old schoolmaster.
(d) The men's old friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kat think they are losing the war?
2. Who is Stanislaus Katczinsky?
3. Kat's masterpiece was four boxes of...
4. What does an old buffer describe the men as?
5. What did Himmelstoss force Baumer and Kropp to clean the Corporals' Mess with?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)