|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kat's masterpiece was four boxes of...
(d) Canned tuna.
2. When Baumer leaves the hospital, what does he suddenly think of?
(a) Maids, grassy fields, and grasshoppers.
(b) Women, alehouses, and golden sunsets.
(c) Ladies, blue skies, and romantic evenings.
(d) Girls, flowery meadows, and white clouds.
3. What do Baumer and Kat want to do to the wounded young recruit?
(a) Carry him to the hospital.
(b) Disinfect his wounds with rum.
(c) Leave him to die.
(d) Kill him.
4. Why do the men know they are near the sea?
(a) They can feel the cold.
(b) They find a boat.
(c) They can hear seabirds.
(d) They can smell the water.
5. Who is bothered the most by the sound of the wounded horses?
(a) The fair-haired recruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. When men such as Himmelstoss get a star or a stripe, it is as though they have swallowed...
2. Why does the orderly glance at Kemmerich and then leave?
3. How does Baumer hurt his hand?
4. How do the men refer to Germany?
5. What did Katczinsky trade Ginger for the beans and beef?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)