|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main character's name?
(a) Paul Baumer.
(b) Stanislaus Katczinsky.
(c) Haie Westhus
(d) Albert Kropp.
2. What did Himmelstoss force Baumer and Kropp to clean the Corporals' Mess with?
(a) A toothbrush.
(b) A fine comb.
(c) Nothing but their hands.
(d) A single paper towel.
3. What platoon did Baumer, Kropp, Müller, and Kemmerich join?
4. What is Kat so worried about?
5. Where are the soldiers who are not in the mess line or the dressing-station?
(a) Tending to the wounded.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) Pushing up daisies.
(d) Fighting on the front-lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died of an inflammation of the lung?
2. When do the English gunners usually start firing?
3. What does Leer prefer?
4. What word does Baumer use to describe Tjaden at the beginning of the chapter?
5. When Baumer leaves the hospital, what does he suddenly think of?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)