|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does an old buffer describe the men as?
(a) Too young to know better.
(b) Young heroes.
(c) Young trouble-makers.
(d) Young idiots.
2. How many days ago did the soldiers have to relieve the front line?
3. Who or what do the soldiers have to thank for their good fortune?
(a) The weather.
(b) The Prussian.
(c) The turning tide of the war.
(d) A miscalculation.
4. What does Müller offer Baumer a fine piece of?
(a) Red pudding.
5. What do the men have to watch out for while riding back in the lorries?
(d) Hanging wires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the other soldier who wet the bed?
2. According to Kat, why does a trained dog snap at a piece of meat?
3. What was the name of the men's platoon leader during training?
4. Who does the crying, fair-haired recruit remind Baumer of?
5. Who died of an inflammation of the lung?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)