|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Haie, what is revenge?
(a) Christmas pudding.
(b) Chocolate pudding.
(c) Black pudding.
(d) White pudding.
2. How does Baumer hurt his hand?
(a) Crawling through barbed wire.
(b) He uses it to shield himself from shrapnel.
(c) Cutting and removing barbed wire.
(d) Unrolling barbed wire.
3. What is Kat so worried about?
4. What is the main character's name?
(a) Stanislaus Katczinsky.
(b) Paul Baumer.
(c) Albert Kropp.
(d) Haie Westhus
5. How do the men refer to Germany?
(a) The Fatherland.
(b) The Disneyland.
(c) The Homeland.
(d) The Motherland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flowers fill the meadow that the men are sitting in?
2. Who is Kantorek?
3. What do the men wrap Himmelstoss in when they beat him?
4. What do Baumer and Kat want to do to the wounded young recruit?
5. How many deaths does the orderly think there will be on the day Kemmerich dies?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)