|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nation's troops rush the men's line?
2. What new danger do the men face while taking cover?
(a) The living dead.
(d) Incendiary rounds.
3. Who does Baumer fail to notice on the street?
(a) His old school friend, who is happy to see him.
(b) His father, who is furious with him.
(c) A major, who gets angry at him.
(d) His former girlfriend, who is annoyed by him.
4. What does an old buffer describe the men as?
(a) Young trouble-makers.
(b) Too young to know better.
(c) Young idiots.
(d) Young heroes.
5. What do Baumer and Kat want to do to the wounded young recruit?
(a) Disinfect his wounds with rum.
(b) Leave him to die.
(c) Carry him to the hospital.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lohne?
2. Who is the first family member to see Paul when he returns home on leave?
3. Why do the men know they are near the sea?
4. Why was the fair-haired recruit so embarrassed?
5. How many men were wounded by friendly fire in the first night at the front?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)