|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul kill the man in the shell-hole?
(a) With his rifle.
(b) With his bare hands.
(c) With his revolver.
(d) With his knife.
2. What is Tjaden's national dish?
(a) Liver and onions.
(b) Sauerkraut and chicken.
(c) Broad beans and bacon.
(d) Lima beans and beef.
3. What nation's troops rush the men's line?
4. What pattern is on the bedding in the men's barracks?
(a) Stars and stripes.
(b) A patchwork quilt of war-scenes.
5. What happens to Paul when he is in the shell-holes?
(a) He kills a man.
(b) He is caught in an enemy attack and must hide.
(c) All of the above.
(d) He is overcome by fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the man that Baumer kills do for a living?
2. What was the name of the other soldier who wet the bed?
3. What haunts Baumer as he stands on guard after the attack?
4. What is missing from the naked soldier sitting in the tree, other than his clothes?
5. What type of cheese are the men given?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)