|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing from the naked soldier sitting in the tree, other than his clothes?
(a) His helmet.
(b) His head.
(c) His legs.
(d) His arms.
2. What must the men do with their new uniforms?
(a) Give them back.
(b) Fold them all as punishment for disrespecting the Kaiser.
(c) Tear them apart for spare material.
(d) Keep them clean or be punished.
3. What pattern is on the bedding in the men's barracks?
(b) A patchwork quilt of war-scenes.
(d) Stars and stripes.
4. What was the name of the other soldier who wet the bed?
5. What is Tjaden's national dish?
(a) Sauerkraut and chicken.
(b) Broad beans and bacon.
(c) Liver and onions.
(d) Lima beans and beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men were wounded by friendly fire in the first night at the front?
2. When men such as Himmelstoss get a star or a stripe, it is as though they have swallowed...
3. What exasperates the men more than the front line?
4. What did the man that Baumer kills do for a living?
5. What is Lohne?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)