1. What are the men at rest five miles from?
(c) The front.
(d) The beach.
2. What does a double ration of sausage and bread put a man in?
(a) A hospital bed.
(b) A fine trim.
(c) A decent state.
(d) A happy place.
3. Who or what do the soldiers have to thank for their good fortune?
(a) A miscalculation.
(b) The turning tide of the war.
(c) The Prussian.
(d) The weather.
4. How many days ago did the soldiers have to relieve the front line?
5. How many men survived the last day at the front?
6. Katczinsky said the war wouldn't be so bad if they could just get enough...
7. What distinguishes Kropp from the other characters?
(a) He is the bravest.
(b) He is the most cowardly.
(c) He is the clearest thinker.
(d) He is the tallest.
8. What does Müller carry?
(a) A heavy weight on his shoulders.
(b) A French rifle.
(c) Pictures of his family.
This section contains 3,645 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)