1. What are the men at rest five miles from?
(b) The beach.
(c) The front.
2. What does a double ration of sausage and bread put a man in?
(a) A hospital bed.
(b) A happy place.
(c) A decent state.
(d) A fine trim.
3. Who or what do the soldiers have to thank for their good fortune?
(a) The Prussian.
(b) The weather.
(c) The turning tide of the war.
(d) A miscalculation.
4. How many days ago did the soldiers have to relieve the front line?
5. How many men survived the last day at the front?
6. Katczinsky said the war wouldn't be so bad if they could just get enough...
7. What distinguishes Kropp from the other characters?
(a) He is the bravest.
(b) He is the clearest thinker.
(c) He is the tallest.
(d) He is the most cowardly.
8. What does Müller carry?
(a) Pictures of his family.
(c) A heavy weight on his shoulders.
(d) A French rifle.
This section contains 3,645 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)