|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does George want to contact to corroborate his story?
2. Who storms out of the house at the end of the act?
3. What did Joe expect to happen to the bad cylinder heads?
4. Who announces to Chris that George has arrived?
5. What noise sends the whole neighborhood into panic at the end of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kate Keller's conception of the war is presented in the play as a great disordering of arrangements. Write an essay on Kate's struggle against this disordering, using Larry's engagement to Ann and George Deever's infatuation with Lydia as a framing device for the essay.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Joe Keller kill himself? Write an essay on this topic, citing three specific realizations that Joe has in the last act of the play, leading to his going into the house to kill himself.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the Keller family's place in the community at the beginning of the play. How do they believe they are perceived by the neighborhood and how are they perceived in reality? How do they maintain their supposed status? Cite specific moments in the play to corroborate your answer.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)