|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joe Keller indicate he intends to go?
2. What do people say Chris was in the war?
3. What point about the people that worked for the war does Joe desperately make in this section?
4. For what did Joe Keller check every day before leaving the factory?
5. Who announces to Chris that George has arrived?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Arthur Miller's attitude toward America after the Second World War? Does he believe there is any hope that it can retain its ideals? Use three examples from the text of All My Sons to justify your understanding of Miller's world view?
Essay Topic 2
Two characters that never actually appear onstage are central drivers of action in All My Sons. Write an essay on the effect that these two characters have on the plot of the play, citing conversations that other characters have regarding them.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Joe Keller kill himself? Write an essay on this topic, citing three specific realizations that Joe has in the last act of the play, leading to his going into the house to kill himself.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)