|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Chris say this town is full of?
2. Who does Chris say he would have gone to see if he had known of his father's culpability in the scandal?
3. Who informed Steve Deever that the cylinder heads were cracked?
4. By what does Kate grab Ann while they argue about Larry's death?
5. In what type of investment did Steve Deever lose a lot of money?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Steve Deever and Joe Keller. The two are often compared and analyzed by Joe and others. Which is the more dominant in the relationship and how does each's attitude toward the other affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Several objects in the play serve the purpose of reminding present characters of characters that are absent. At times they serve this purpose in a destructive way, stymieing the lives of those they touch and other illuminate the reality of life and free characters to move on. Write a three-part essay on the following objects:
Part 1) Larry's tree
Part 2) The hat George wears
Part 3) Larry's letter to Ann
Essay Topic 3
What is Arthur Miller's attitude toward America after the Second World War? Does he believe there is any hope that it can retain its ideals? Use three examples from the text of All My Sons to justify your understanding of Miller's world view?
This section contains 1,755 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)