|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill did Steve Deever never learn in all the time Joe knew him?
2. Where does Chris leave the car that he drove around?
3. According to Ann, what part of George is filthy?
4. For what did Joe Keller check every day before leaving the factory?
5. Who does Chris say he would have gone to see if he had known of his father's culpability in the scandal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the Keller family's place in the community at the beginning of the play. How do they believe they are perceived by the neighborhood and how are they perceived in reality? How do they maintain their supposed status? Cite specific moments in the play to corroborate your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is Arthur Miller's attitude toward America after the Second World War? Does he believe there is any hope that it can retain its ideals? Use three examples from the text of All My Sons to justify your understanding of Miller's world view?
Essay Topic 3
Kate Keller is the most stalwart advocate of the deluded system that is the Keller household. This results in a growing paranoia in her character throughout the play. Write an essay on the growing desperation that Kate experiences throughout the play, citing three specific examples in the text.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)