|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ann describe Chris' attitude since she arrived?
2. What does Kate like about Chris's removal of the fallen tree?
3. What was Chris' nickname in the war?
4. What belonging of Larry's has Kate recently found?
5. What does Kate say she will do if Larry is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joe feel about Ann's visiting the family?
2. What is Joe's reasoning that Larry was not one of the pilots killed because of his factory's mistake?
3. How do Joe and Chris view the world differently?
4. Why is Ann upset with Chris after her conversation with Sue?
5. How does George describe his father?
6. What does Bert report to Joe Keller in Act 1?
7. How does Chris describe the girl that Kate wants to set George up with?
8. Why is Kate annoyed at Joe when she comes out of the house?
9. Why is Frank Lubey drawing up a horoscope?
10. Why did Frank Lubey not go to war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Two characters that never actually appear onstage are central drivers of action in All My Sons. Write an essay on the effect that these two characters have on the plot of the play, citing conversations that other characters have regarding them.
Essay Topic 2
Kate Keller is the most stalwart advocate of the deluded system that is the Keller household. This results in a growing paranoia in her character throughout the play. Write an essay on the growing desperation that Kate experiences throughout the play, citing three specific examples in the text.
Essay Topic 3
Several objects in the play serve the purpose of reminding present characters of characters that are absent. At times they serve this purpose in a destructive way, stymieing the lives of those they touch and other illuminate the reality of life and free characters to move on. Write a three-part essay on the following objects:
Part 1) Larry's tree
Part 2) The hat George wears
Part 3) Larry's letter to Ann
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)