|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Kate Keller want Sue Bayliss to take up?
2. What does Kate Keller still do regularly in preparation for Larry's return?
(a) Shines his shoes
(b) Dusts his books
(c) Cooks his favorite dinner every week
(d) Makes his bed
3. What "job" has Joe Keller given Bert?
4. What sarcastic expression does Sue use to refer to the Kellers?
(a) The band of thieves
(b) The United Nations
(c) The holy family
(d) The three little pigs
5. What object is Frank Lubey carrying when he talks to Ann in Act 1?
(a) A wheelbarrow
(b) A ladder
(c) A sack of potatoes
(d) A potted plant
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said a dirty word, according to Bert?
2. What does Chris always find in every person he meets, according to Ann?
3. How long does Chris tell Ann he expected her to stay with the Kellers?
4. Which of the following is not a career that Joe Keller says was an option as a child?
5. Which of the following is not a military rank listed among Joe Keller's factory staff?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Joe Keller's logic for Steve Deever's "mistake" at the factory.
2. What is Chris doing at the beginning of the act, and how does Kate feel about it?
3. Describe the dream that Kate had the night before the play begins.
4. Describe Frank Lubey and Ann's interchange.
5. What favor does Ann ask of Kate and why?
6. What is the significance of the fallen tree in the Kellers' yard?
7. Why does Kate have to go into the house?
8. How did Larry die, according to his letter?
9. What is strange about George being in Columbus?
10. Explain the roots of Chris' sense of guilt after the war?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)