|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only part of the paper that Joe Keller reads?
(a) The sports section
(b) The want ads
(c) The obituaries
(d) The world news
2. According to Kate, what does Joe Keller do when he is worried?
(b) Read the paper
3. Joe Keller says a doctor could make a million dollars if he could bring a boy into the world without what body part?
(a) Index finger
(c) Right foot
4. What does Chris always find in every person he meets, according to Ann?
(a) A challenge
(b) A flaw
(c) A distinction
(d) A debtor
5. Which of the following is not a career that Joe Keller says was an option as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate like about Chris's removal of the fallen tree?
2. To what amusement park does Joe Keller compare his backyard?
3. Who said a dirty word, according to Bert?
4. According to Sue, what is Jim turning Chris into?
5. What object is Frank Lubey carrying when he talks to Ann in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ann upset with Chris after her conversation with Sue?
2. Explain Joe Keller's logic for Steve Deever's "mistake" at the factory.
3. What is Chris doing at the beginning of the act, and how does Kate feel about it?
4. How does Kate recommend Joe make amends to Chris?
5. What was Kate Keller's advice to George regarding Lydia?
6. Explain the roots of Chris' sense of guilt after the war?
7. What is Chris's plan now that he knows the truth about his family?
8. Explain the significance of the title of the play as a thematic element?
9. What did Joe think would happen after the faulty cylinder heads went out?
10. How does Joe feel about Ann's visiting the family?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)