|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said a dirty word, according to Bert?
(a) Lydia Lubey
(b) Chris Keller
(c) Tommy Bayliss
(d) Jim Bayliss
2. According to Chris in his monologue, what should have been born out of all the death in the war?
(a) Lingering hate
(b) A sense of religious faith
(c) Social responsibility
(d) A new nationalism
3. What appliance does Lydia accidentally plug in?
(b) Bread maker
(d) Malted mixer
4. Why does Chris leave the backyard in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) To have something to eat
(b) To put on a shirt
(c) To take a nap
(d) To take a shower
5. What part of Ann's body does Kate think has gotten bigger?
(a) Her nose
(b) Her waist
(c) Her head
(d) Her hips
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris offer to his mother several times in Act 1?
2. Where has a long-lost American soldier recently turned up, according to Kate?
3. What section of the paper is Chris always reading?
4. Why does Sue think she should have been born a man?
5. How does Ann describe Chris' attitude since she arrived?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ann upset with Chris after her conversation with Sue?
2. Describe the relationship between George and Kate.
3. Why does Joe lash out at Ann?
4. Why does George believe that Chris already knows Joe is guilty?
5. Describe Jim Bayliss' relationship with his wife.
6. What does Kate warn Ann of, regarding Chris?
7. Why does Joe only read the want ads in the paper?
8. Why is Frank Lubey drawing up a horoscope?
9. What is Steve Deever's side of the cylinder head story?
10. What is George's attitude toward the setting?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)