|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the play take place?
2. To what does Chris compare Larry when he implored Kate to forget him in Act 1?
(a) A ram on a mountainside
(b) A car stalled on the side of the road
(c) A train that never arrives
(d) A scarecrow in a field
3. How does Chris kiss Ann, according to Ann?
(a) Like his father
(b) Like Larry's brother
(c) Like her friend
(d) Like a long-awaited lover
4. According to Kate, what does Joe Keller do when he is worried?
(d) Read the paper
5. How long ago did Chris return from the war?
(a) Five years ago
(b) Two years ago
(c) Fifteen year ago
(d) Ten years ago
Short Answer Questions
1. What mechanical part did Joe Keller and Steve Deever's factory make?
2. What order does Kate Keller repeatedly give Joe Keller at the end of the act?
3. Who asked Ann Deever to visit?
4. What does Joe Keller want for dinner?
5. What occupation did Susie have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kate annoyed at Joe when she comes out of the house?
2. What is George's attitude toward the setting?
3. Why does Joe only read the want ads in the paper?
4. What is Steve Deever's side of the cylinder head story?
5. What story does Kate tell to demonstrate her intuitive connection with Larry?
6. How does Joe explain Steve Deever's version of events?
7. What is the thrust of Chris's final argument to his father?
8. Why does Kate have to believe that Larry is still alive?
9. Why is Joe asleep at the beginning of Act 2?
10. Describe the story that Jim tells about the year he left his family.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)