|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what amusement park does Joe Keller compare his backyard?
(a) Atlantic City
(c) Disney Land
2. What does Joe Keller fear is George Deever's intention by visiting his father?
(a) He wants to warn his father about Chris's intentions to Ann
(b) He wants to reopen the case
(c) He wants to break him out
(d) He wants so tell him off
3. How many times has George Deever gone to see his father at the prison before today?
(a) Two times
(c) Over a hundred times
(d) About twenty times
4. Why does Joe go back into the house at the end of this scene?
(a) To shave
(b) To shower
(c) To dress
(d) To eat
5. What does Joe say that Steve Deever is instead of a murderer?
(a) A fool
(b) A patsy
(c) A friend
(d) A martyr
Short Answer Questions
1. What object is Frank Lubey carrying when he talks to Ann in Act 1?
2. What type of whether does the paper forecast for the evening?
3. At what time did Chris see his mother standing in the yard?
4. What does Kate Keller bring out in a pitcher at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What are Ann and Chris doing when Joe Keller comes out of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kate have to go into the house?
2. Why is Kate annoyed at Joe when she comes out of the house?
3. What statement destroys the good will building between George and Joe?
4. How does Chris describe the girl that Kate wants to set George up with?
5. For what crime is Ann's father in prison?
6. Describe Frank Lubey and Ann's interchange.
7. Explain the roots of Chris' sense of guilt after the war?
8. What plans does Joe Keller make for the evening?
9. Why does Joe take his own life?
10. How does George describe his father?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)