|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris think that he and Joe should tell Kate?
(a) That Larry is likely dead
(b) That Joe's factory is closing
(c) That Chris loves Ann
(d) That Joe would like to move
2. When Ann enters in Act 1, what does Chris tell her is better in their town than in New York?
(a) The food
(b) The air
(c) The sunshine
(d) The friendship
3. What does Kate like about Chris's removal of the fallen tree?
(a) It isn't blocking the back entrance
(b) It lets more light in
(c) The stump makes a nice seat
(d) She can plant a garden
4. What emotion does Joe fear Chris feels regarding his money?
5. What is different about the Kellers' yard at the beginning of the play
(a) It has been mowed
(b) The hammock is broken
(c) A large picnic is going on
(d) A tree has fallen
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank Lubey's career?
2. What is George Deever's profession?
3. What belonging of Larry's has Kate recently found?
4. What item is Ann sad to see is missing from her old backyard?
5. To which playwright does Chris compare his father jokingly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is strange about George being in Columbus?
2. Why is Joe asleep at the beginning of Act 2?
3. Describe the relationship between George and Kate.
4. Explain Joe Keller's logic for Steve Deever's "mistake" at the factory.
5. Why is Kate annoyed at Joe when she comes out of the house?
6. What is Kate's concern about Ann?
7. How does Ann break Kate's resolve that Larry is alive?
8. What plans does Joe Keller make for the evening?
9. What promise does Joe make Chris regarding Ann and why?
10. What is Joe and Kate Keller's concern about George Deever coming to their house?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)