|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will it be until Steve Deever is free?
(a) Four or five years
(b) A year to 18 months
(c) At least ten years
(d) 5 months
2. What does Kate Keller bring out in a pitcher at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Ice tea
(d) Grape juice
3. What was Chris' nickname in the war?
(a) Lil' Chris Lug-Nut
(b) Chris McGuts
(c) Pee-wee Keller
(d) Mother McKeller
4. Where is George Deever calling from at the end of Act 1?
(c) New York
5. Why does Joe go back into the house at the end of this scene?
(a) To dress
(b) To shower
(c) To eat
(d) To shave
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sue, a person can never owe someone money without what?
2. What does Joe Keller fear is George Deever's intention by visiting his father?
3. What did Ann nearly do two years ago?
4. What does Kate say she will do if Larry is dead?
5. How often has Ann written her father since he's been in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Frank Lubey not go to war?
2. What was Kate Keller's advice to George regarding Lydia?
3. Why does George believe that Chris already knows Joe is guilty?
4. In this section of Act 1, what deal do Joe and Chris strike regarding Chris's staying with the family business?
5. How does Ann break Kate's resolve that Larry is alive?
6. What promise does Chris make Ann after proposing, and how does this promise relate to his omnipresent guilt?
7. What does George Deever tell Ann when he arrives at the Kellers'?
8. What does Kate warn Ann of, regarding Chris?
9. Describe the story that Jim tells about the year he left his family.
10. Why does Kate have to believe that Larry is still alive?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)