|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Joe fear Chris feels regarding his money?
2. What was Larry doing in the dream Kate had?
(a) Dancing with Ann
(b) Sitting in the yard
(c) Playing football
(d) Piloting a plane
3. How did George travel from New York to Columbus?
4. When Ann enters in Act 1, what does Chris tell her is better in their town than in New York?
(a) The sunshine
(b) The air
(c) The food
(d) The friendship
5. Why could Larry not have been killed by a faulty part from Joe Keller's factory?
(a) He never flew in a P-40
(b) He didn't fight in the Pacific
(c) He was not a pilot
(d) He died before the shipment of bad parts went out
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ann describe Chris' attitude since she arrived?
2. What does Chris think that he and Joe should tell Kate?
3. Which of the following is not a military rank listed among Joe Keller's factory staff?
4. What belonging of Larry's has Kate recently found?
5. Whose son constantly takes people's temperatures?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joe and Kate Keller's concern about George Deever coming to their house?
2. What is the significance of the fallen tree in the Kellers' yard?
3. Why is Joe asleep at the beginning of Act 2?
4. How do Joe and Chris view the world differently?
5. Why does George believe that Chris already knows Joe is guilty?
6. How did Larry die, according to his letter?
7. Describe Jim Bayliss' relationship with his wife.
8. Why did Frank Lubey not go to war?
9. Why does Joe take his own life?
10. Why does Kate have to go into the house?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)