|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sarcastic expression does Sue use to refer to the Kellers?
(a) The three little pigs
(b) The band of thieves
(c) The United Nations
(d) The holy family
2. Why does Sue think she should have been born a man?
(a) She is over six feet tall
(b) She is better at carpentry than her husband
(c) She relates to men better than women
(d) She is always introduced to beautiful women
3. Why does Kate think that Chris has no right to marry Ann, according to Joe?
(a) She doesn't like Ann
(b) She was his sister-in-law
(c) It would sully Larry's memory
(d) She thinks that Larry is still alive
4. What section of the paper is Chris always reading?
(a) The stocks
(b) The book section
(c) The movie times
(d) The obituaries
5. With whom does Jim say he wants to play golf?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe Keller want for dinner?
2. According to Kate, what does Joe Keller do when he is worried?
3. What occupation did Susie have?
4. What is the only part of the paper that Joe Keller reads?
5. What type of whether does the paper forecast for the evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chris describe the girl that Kate wants to set George up with?
2. Describe the relationship between George and Kate.
3. What story does Kate tell to demonstrate her intuitive connection with Larry?
4. Explain Joe Keller's logic for Steve Deever's "mistake" at the factory.
5. Explain the roots of Chris' sense of guilt after the war?
6. What is strange about George being in Columbus?
7. Why does George believe that Chris already knows Joe is guilty?
8. Explain the significance of the title of the play as a thematic element?
9. What request does Sue Bayliss make of Ann and why?
10. Describe the dream that Kate had the night before the play begins.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)