|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sarcastic expression does Sue use to refer to the Kellers?
(a) The holy family
(b) The band of thieves
(c) The United Nations
(d) The three little pigs
2. What does Chris offer to his mother several times in Act 1?
(a) A cup of tea
(b) An aspirin
(c) A glass of water
(d) A warm compress
3. What does the block need more of, according to Jim?
(b) Stop signs
(d) Pretty girls
4. What object is Frank Lubey carrying when he talks to Ann in Act 1?
(a) A potted plant
(b) A sack of potatoes
(c) A wheelbarrow
(d) A ladder
5. How many times has Annie been married?
(a) One time
(c) Two times
(d) Three times
Short Answer Questions
1. How often has Ann written her father since he's been in prison?
2. To what does Chris compare Larry when he implored Kate to forget him in Act 1?
3. What does Joe Keller want for dinner?
4. What section of the paper is Chris always reading?
5. What does Chris always find in every person he meets, according to Ann?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dream that Kate had the night before the play begins.
2. Why did Frank Lubey not go to war?
3. Why does Joe only read the want ads in the paper?
4. What does Bert report to Joe Keller in Act 1?
5. What does Ann tell George about her leaving the Kellers?
6. Why does Joe take his own life?
7. Why is Joe asleep at the beginning of Act 2?
8. What is Chris doing at the beginning of the act, and how does Kate feel about it?
9. What is Joe's reasoning that Larry was not one of the pilots killed because of his factory's mistake?
10. What promise does Joe make Chris regarding Ann and why?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)