|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Jim say he wants to play golf?
2. What does Kate say she will do if Larry is dead?
(a) Never leave the house
(b) Kill herself
(c) Leave the state
(d) Divorce Joe
3. What does Chris offer to his mother several times in Act 1?
(a) A warm compress
(b) A cup of tea
(c) A glass of water
(d) An aspirin
4. What emotion does Joe fear Chris feels regarding his money?
5. What appliance does Lydia accidentally plug in?
(a) Malted mixer
(c) Bread maker
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Chris' nickname in the war?
2. Which of the following is not a military rank listed among Joe Keller's factory staff?
3. Where is Chris thinking of moving after he marries?
4. How many P-40s are supposed to have crashed as a result of Joe Keller's factory?
5. What does Kate Keller bring out in a pitcher at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joe only read the want ads in the paper?
2. Why is Ann upset with Chris after her conversation with Sue?
3. How does Kate recommend Joe make amends to Chris?
4. Describe Jim Bayliss' relationship with his wife.
5. Explain the roots of Chris' sense of guilt after the war?
6. Explain the significance of the title of the play as a thematic element?
7. What does Bert report to Joe Keller in Act 1?
8. Describe the dream that Kate had the night before the play begins.
9. How did Larry die, according to his letter?
10. How does Joe defend himself to Chris regarding the money he made?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)