|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Chris' nickname in the war?
(a) Pee-wee Keller
(b) Chris McGuts
(c) Lil' Chris Lug-Nut
(d) Mother McKeller
2. How did George travel from New York to Columbus?
3. Who said a dirty word, according to Bert?
(a) Chris Keller
(b) Tommy Bayliss
(c) Jim Bayliss
(d) Lydia Lubey
4. Where has a long-lost American soldier recently turned up, according to Kate?
5. What mechanical part did Joe Keller and Steve Deever's factory make?
(b) Coolant hoses
(c) Cylinder heads
(d) Siding plates
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sue, a person can never owe someone money without what?
2. Which of the following is not a career that Joe Keller says was an option as a child?
3. Where is George Deever calling from at the end of Act 1?
4. What does Kate say she will do if Larry is dead?
5. What is the only part of the paper that Joe Keller reads?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George describe his father?
2. Why does Joe lash out at Ann?
3. What was Kate Keller's advice to George regarding Lydia?
4. Why does Joe take his own life?
5. Explain Joe Keller's logic for Steve Deever's "mistake" at the factory.
6. Why is Kate annoyed at Joe when she comes out of the house?
7. How do Joe and Chris view the world differently?
8. What is the significance of the fallen tree in the Kellers' yard?
9. What is George's attitude toward the setting?
10. What story does Kate tell to demonstrate her intuitive connection with Larry?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)