|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe Keller promise at the end of the act?
(a) To check in on Steve Deever
(b) To stay out of his life
(c) Never to rename the business
(d) To convince Kate to approve his marriage
2. With whom does Jim say he wants to play golf?
3. Whose son constantly takes people's temperatures?
4. What is the only part of the paper that Joe Keller reads?
(a) The obituaries
(b) The want ads
(c) The sports section
(d) The world news
5. What does Chris think that he and Joe should tell Kate?
(a) That Joe's factory is closing
(b) That Larry is likely dead
(c) That Chris loves Ann
(d) That Joe would like to move
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time did Chris see his mother standing in the yard?
2. What does Kate Keller still do regularly in preparation for Larry's return?
3. According to Sue, a person can never owe someone money without what?
4. Where does Kate Keller have a pain in Act 1?
5. What did Ann nearly do two years ago?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does George believe that Chris already knows Joe is guilty?
2. What is Kate's concern about Ann?
3. How do Joe and Chris view the world differently?
4. In this section of Act 1, what deal do Joe and Chris strike regarding Chris's staying with the family business?
5. What story does Kate tell to demonstrate her intuitive connection with Larry?
6. What does Kate warn Ann of, regarding Chris?
7. What is the significance of the fallen tree in the Kellers' yard?
8. Describe Joe Keller.
9. Describe the story that Jim tells about the year he left his family.
10. What does Bert report to Joe Keller in Act 1?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)