|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the play take place?
2. Ann tells Chris that doing what upsets her stomach?
(b) Ignoring the truth
3. What is different about the Kellers' yard at the beginning of the play
(a) The hammock is broken
(b) A tree has fallen
(c) A large picnic is going on
(d) It has been mowed
4. What does the block need more of, according to Jim?
(a) Stop signs
(c) Pretty girls
5. What does Joe Keller hand out to children in the neighborhood?
(a) Toy planes
(b) Tiny prayerbooks
(c) Licorice sticks
(d) Toy police badges
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is George Deever calling from at the end of Act 1?
2. What does Chris always find in every person he meets, according to Ann?
3. Who asked Ann Deever to visit?
4. What is the only part of the paper that Joe Keller reads?
5. What emotion does Joe fear Chris feels regarding his money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the significance of the title of the play as a thematic element?
2. Why does Joe only read the want ads in the paper?
3. Describe Joe Keller.
4. Why is Kate unwilling to acknowledge Larry's death, according to Joe?
5. Why does Kate have to go into the house?
6. What is the thrust of Chris's final argument to his father?
7. What does Kate warn Ann of, regarding Chris?
8. What request does Sue Bayliss make of Ann and why?
9. What does George suggest at the end of the scene to prove his story?
10. What is George's attitude toward the setting?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)