|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is George Deever's profession?
(c) Professor of French
(d) Police Detective
2. According to Chris in his monologue, what should have been born out of all the death in the war?
(a) Lingering hate
(b) Social responsibility
(c) A new nationalism
(d) A sense of religious faith
3. What instrument does Kate Keller want Sue Bayliss to take up?
4. How often has Ann written her father since he's been in prison?
(a) Every day
(b) Every week
5. Why does Chris leave the backyard in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) To have something to eat
(b) To take a nap
(c) To take a shower
(d) To put on a shirt
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the current name of Joe Keller's business?
2. What does Joe say that Steve Deever is instead of a murderer?
3. How long does Chris tell Ann he expected her to stay with the Kellers?
4. Which of the following is not a career that Joe Keller says was an option as a child?
5. With whom does Jim say he wants to play golf?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kate's concern about Ann?
2. What promise does Chris make Ann after proposing, and how does this promise relate to his omnipresent guilt?
3. What story does Kate tell to demonstrate her intuitive connection with Larry?
4. Describe Frank Lubey and Ann's interchange.
5. How does Joe explain Steve Deever's version of events?
6. What statement destroys the good will building between George and Joe?
7. What does George Deever tell Ann when he arrives at the Kellers'?
8. In this section of Act 1, what deal do Joe and Chris strike regarding Chris's staying with the family business?
9. Describe Joe Keller.
10. How does Ann break Kate's resolve that Larry is alive?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)