|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe Keller promise at the end of the act?
(a) To convince Kate to approve his marriage
(b) To stay out of his life
(c) Never to rename the business
(d) To check in on Steve Deever
2. Why could Larry not have been killed by a faulty part from Joe Keller's factory?
(a) He never flew in a P-40
(b) He didn't fight in the Pacific
(c) He died before the shipment of bad parts went out
(d) He was not a pilot
3. What did people in the neighborhood shout at Joe Keller after he was exonerated by the court?
(b) Welcome Back
(d) War Profiteer
4. What occupation did Susie have?
(a) Bus driver
(d) Factory worker
5. How long does Chris tell Ann he expected her to stay with the Kellers?
(a) Two week
(b) A day
(c) Three days
(d) A week
Short Answer Questions
1. What is George Deever's profession?
2. How often has Ann written her father since he's been in prison?
3. What does Joe Keller want for dinner?
4. How long ago did Chris return from the war?
5. Why is Lydia coming over to the Kellers' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. In this section of Act 1, what deal do Joe and Chris strike regarding Chris's staying with the family business?
2. Explain the significance of the title of the play as a thematic element?
3. What request does Sue Bayliss make of Ann and why?
4. What does Ann tell George about her leaving the Kellers?
5. Describe Frank Lubey and Ann's interchange.
6. What news does Frank Lubey bring to the Keller house?
7. Explain Joe Keller's logic for Steve Deever's "mistake" at the factory.
8. What is Steve Deever's side of the cylinder head story?
9. How do Joe and Chris view the world differently?
10. Why does Joe only read the want ads in the paper?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)