|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness did Joe Keller have the day the faulty cylinder heads went out?
(b) A migraine
(d) A stomach bug
2. Joe say Kate has been talking _____________ for three and a half years?
(a) Like a martyr
(b) Like a newspaper
(c) Like a ghost
(d) Like a maniac
3. Who announces to Chris that George has arrived?
4. Where does Chris intend to move?
(b) St. Louis
5. What does Joe Keller call himself as he rails about the money he made for Chris?
(a) A patsy
(b) A dead man
(c) A dog
(d) A loser
6. According to his character description, how does George generally speak?
7. What caveat does Chris give George about staying?
(a) No talk of his father
(b) No arguments
(c) No drinking
(d) No sleeping in Larry's room
8. According to Ann, what did George do before she left?
(a) Help her with her bags
(b) Not say a word
(c) Kiss her goodbye
(d) Curse her
9. What has George come to the Kellers' house to do?
(a) Take Ann home
(b) Ask for a job
(c) Serve Joe with a subpoena
(d) Speak his piece
10. What does Joe claim a man cannot be in this world?
(b) A hermit
(c) A stone
(d) A saint
11. When was the last time Joe Keller was sick, according to Kate?
(b) Fifteen years ago
(c) Last year
(d) Five years ago
12. What item did Larry Keller receive that upset him so greatly?
(a) A gift from Kate
(b) A newspaper
(c) A false notice that Chris had died
(d) A letter from Ann
13. Who reads Larry's letter to the family?
14. What is the first thing that Kate Keller notices about George when she enters the scene?
(a) His gray hair
(b) His dirty shirt
(c) His height
(d) His nice suit
15. Who informed Steve Deever that the cylinder heads were cracked?
(a) The night foreman
(b) His assistant manager
(c) Joe Keller
(d) One of his part-time employees
Short Answer Questions
1. To what food does Jim compare his patients?
2. Who does Ann say is the only person who can tell her to leave the house?
3. What does Ann tell George before he leaves?
4. What did Joe expect to happen to the bad cylinder heads?
5. What skill did Steve Deever never learn in all the time Joe knew him?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)