|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ann, what did George do before she left?
(a) Curse her
(b) Not say a word
(c) Help her with her bags
(d) Kiss her goodbye
2. How long has Joe put into the company?
(a) Forty years
(b) Fifteen years
(c) Twenty years
(d) Fifty years
3. To where did Jim Bayliss run off?
(a) Los Angeles
(c) New Orleans
(d) Salt Lake City
4. By what does Kate grab Ann while they argue about Larry's death?
(a) Her wrists
(b) Her neck
(c) Her shoulders
(d) Her hair
5. What is the "emergency" from which Jim has just returned?
(a) A headache
(b) A sour knee
(c) A fit of insomnia
(d) A stomach pain
6. For what did Joe Keller check every day before leaving the factory?
(a) Lights left on
(b) Employees asleep in the break room
(c) Trash needing to be tossed
(d) Strange noises in the machine motors
7. Who are the only people, according to Chris, who are not practical in the world?
(a) Those who believe in God
(b) Those who love someone
(c) Those who are dead
(d) Those who are destitute
8. What does Joe Keller call himself as he rails about the money he made for Chris?
(a) A loser
(b) A dead man
(c) A dog
(d) A patsy
9. Joe say Kate has been talking _____________ for three and a half years?
(a) Like a martyr
(b) Like a maniac
(c) Like a newspaper
(d) Like a ghost
10. What do people say Chris was in the war?
(a) A pacifist
(b) A killer
(c) A coward
(d) A leader
11. Who does Ann say is the only person who can tell her to leave the house?
12. How many children does Lydia have?
13. What does Ann tell George before he leaves?
(a) She tells him she loves him
(b) She tells him to stay
(c) She tells him she hates him
(d) She tells him to go
14. Which of the following characters tells Ann to leave?
15. What does Kate Keller tell George Deever he needs to stop being?
(a) A coward
(b) A philosopher
(c) A soldier
(d) A lawyer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate force upon George?
2. What did Joe expect to happen to the bad cylinder heads?
3. What does Frank Lubey have with him when he arrives in the neighbor's yard in this scene?
4. What happened to the neighborhood the day George was born?
5. Who informed Steve Deever that the cylinder heads were cracked?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)