|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Kate, what does Larry's being dead mean?
(a) Only one of her sons deserved to live
(b) Joe killed him
(c) There is no God
(d) The war was meaningless
2. What illness did Joe Keller have the day the faulty cylinder heads went out?
(c) A stomach bug
(d) A migraine
3. Which of the following is not among the foods Kate mentions having in her refrigerator?
4. By what does Kate grab Ann while they argue about Larry's death?
(a) Her neck
(b) Her shoulders
(c) Her hair
(d) Her wrists
5. According to Frank, why could Larry not have died on November 25th?
(a) No casualties were reported in his unit that day
(b) He sent Frank a letter dated December 12
(c) It was his favorable day
(d) He did not fly a mission that day
6. What does Kate Keller tell George Deever he needs to stop being?
(a) A philosopher
(b) A lawyer
(c) A soldier
(d) A coward
7. On how much money does Joe claim that he could live if he didn't have a family?
(a) Two hundred dollars a year
(b) FIve dollars a week
(c) A quarter a day
(d) Fifty dollars a month
8. What item did Larry Keller receive that upset him so greatly?
(a) A gift from Kate
(b) A letter from Ann
(c) A false notice that Chris had died
(d) A newspaper
9. When was the last time Joe Keller was sick, according to Kate?
(a) Last year
(c) Fifteen years ago
(d) Five years ago
10. Joe say Kate has been talking _____________ for three and a half years?
(a) Like a ghost
(b) Like a maniac
(c) Like a newspaper
(d) Like a martyr
11. What is the first thing that Ann notices about Chris when he enters in Act 3?
(a) His red cheeks
(b) His perspiration
(c) His dirty shirt
(d) His shaking hands
12. Why did George believe the court report for so long?
(a) Because he wanted a job
(b) Because he hates his father
(c) Because Chris believed it
(d) Because Ann believed it
13. Where does Joe Keller indicate he intends to go?
(a) The park
(c) The Deever house
14. How did Joe find out about the plane crashes?
(b) Steve Deever
(c) The paper
(d) His army contacts
15. For what did Joe Keller check every day before leaving the factory?
(a) Lights left on
(b) Employees asleep in the break room
(c) Strange noises in the machine motors
(d) Trash needing to be tossed
Short Answer Questions
1. What gesture does Kate suggest Joe make to Chris?
2. In what type of investment did Steve Deever lose a lot of money?
3. What does Chris mockingly call George in this scene?
4. What could Chris never do, according to Jim?
5. What has George come to the Kellers' house to do?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)