|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what company does Joe Keller compare his factory when he describes it to George?
(d) General Motors
2. What form of transportation does Sue sarcastically suggest Jim used to pick up George?
(a) Pontoon boat
(d) Bullet train
3. According to his character description, how does George generally speak?
4. Which of the following is not something Joe Keller recommends Chris do with his money if he thinks it's dirty?
(a) Throw it in the sewer
(b) Give it to the police
(c) Burn it
(d) Give it to charity
5. What happens to a factory that admits a bad product, according to Joe?
(a) It ends up in the papers
(b) It loses money
(c) It closes
(d) It undergoes restructuring
6. In what state is George at the end of the day?
7. When did Larry write the letter Ann shows the family?
(a) The week before he died
(b) The day before he died
(c) The day he died
(d) His birthday
8. In what type of investment did Steve Deever lose a lot of money?
(a) Fine art
(b) Oil stocks
(c) War bonds
(d) Real estate
9. What does Jim say he sees in George's eyes?
10. How long has Joe put into the company?
(a) Fifty years
(b) Forty years
(c) Twenty years
(d) Fifteen years
11. What did Joe expect to happen to the bad cylinder heads?
(a) He thought the war would end before they were used
(b) He thought the army would catch them
(c) He thought the welding would hold
(d) He thought they would get lost in transit
12. What does Ann tell George before he leaves?
(a) She tells him to stay
(b) She tells him to go
(c) She tells him she hates him
(d) She tells him she loves him
13. To whom does Chris tell Kate that she and Dad are responsible?
(a) The soldiers
(b) The neighborhood
14. Joe say Kate has been talking _____________ for three and a half years?
(a) Like a ghost
(b) Like a martyr
(c) Like a newspaper
(d) Like a maniac
15. What caveat does Chris give George about staying?
(a) No arguments
(b) No talk of his father
(c) No sleeping in Larry's room
(d) No drinking
Short Answer Questions
1. What has George come to the Kellers' house to do?
2. What is the significance of George's hat?
3. How many children does Lydia have?
4. What happens to big men who make mistakes, according to Joe?
5. What is Joe Keller wearing when he comes out of the house in Act 3?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)