|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate force upon George?
(a) An apology
(b) A sandwich
(c) A glass of juice
(d) A kiss on the cheek
2. On how much money does Joe claim that he could live if he didn't have a family?
(a) FIve dollars a week
(b) Fifty dollars a month
(c) A quarter a day
(d) Two hundred dollars a year
3. What does Joe Keller call himself as he rails about the money he made for Chris?
(a) A loser
(b) A dead man
(c) A patsy
(d) A dog
4. Who are the only people, according to Chris, who are not practical in the world?
(a) Those who are destitute
(b) Those who are dead
(c) Those who believe in God
(d) Those who love someone
5. What does Ann ask Kate to do when Chris returns home?
(a) Give him permission to marry her
(b) Give him permission to leave town
(c) Apologize to him for the lying
(d) Tell him that Larry is dead
6. Where does Chris intend to move?
(d) St. Louis
7. What happens to a factory that admits a bad product, according to Joe?
(a) It undergoes restructuring
(b) It ends up in the papers
(c) It closes
(d) It loses money
8. What does Frank Lubey have with him when he arrives in the neighbor's yard in this scene?
(a) A bottle of wine
(b) His ladder
(c) A hat
(d) The horoscope
9. To where did Jim Bayliss run off?
(a) Los Angeles
(c) New Orleans
(d) Salt Lake City
10. What does Jim say he sees in George's eyes?
11. What has George come to the Kellers' house to do?
(a) Speak his piece
(b) Serve Joe with a subpoena
(c) Ask for a job
(d) Take Ann home
12. What noise sends the whole neighborhood into panic at the end of the play?
(a) A scream
(b) A shot
(c) A thunderclap
(d) A crash
13. What illness did Joe Keller have the day the faulty cylinder heads went out?
(b) A migraine
(d) A stomach bug
14. Where is Ann at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) In her room
(b) Wandering the neighborhood
(c) In the backyard
(d) In the kitchen
15. Who does Ann say is the only person who can tell her to leave the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what animal does George Deever compare his father?
2. What happened to the neighborhood the day George was born?
3. Why did George believe the court report for so long?
4. Who reads Larry's letter to the family?
5. What does Kate tell Chris in this scene that she has never told him before in his life?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)