|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to his character description, how does George generally speak?
2. In what state is George at the end of the day?
3. How does Kate think Ann knows about Joe's secret?
(a) Jim told her
(b) She overheard the conversation in the yard
(c) She saw Chris fleeing the house
(d) Joe told her
4. How did Joe find out about the plane crashes?
(a) His army contacts
(b) Steve Deever
(c) The paper
5. What does Jim say he sees in George's eyes?
6. How many children does Lydia have?
7. What could Chris never do, according to Jim?
(d) Admit defeat
8. To Kate, what does Larry's being dead mean?
(a) There is no God
(b) Joe killed him
(c) Only one of her sons deserved to live
(d) The war was meaningless
9. What animal does Chris say this town is full of?
10. Who does George want to contact to corroborate his story?
(a) Kate Keller
(b) Steve Deever
(c) Steve's defence attorney
(d) Joe Keller
11. What does Joe Keller call himself as he rails about the money he made for Chris?
(a) A dead man
(b) A loser
(c) A patsy
(d) A dog
12. Where does Joe Keller indicate he intends to go?
(a) The park
(c) The Deever house
13. What is the significance of George's hat?
(a) He bought it during the war
(b) It hides his eyes
(c) He is balding
(d) It is Steve's
14. How far ahead of the draft was Frank Lubey?
(a) Three years
(b) Two years
(c) One year
(d) Six months
15. In what type of investment did Steve Deever lose a lot of money?
(a) Real estate
(b) War bonds
(c) Oil stocks
(d) Fine art
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces to Chris that George has arrived?
2. What is the first thing that Kate Keller notices about George when she enters the scene?
3. Which of the following is not something Joe Keller recommends Chris do with his money if he thinks it's dirty?
4. What does Kate force upon George?
5. When did Larry write the letter Ann shows the family?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)