|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Mr. Marcy resemble, according to Chris?
(a) A gorilla
(b) A bear
(c) A Lion
(d) A python
2. To what animal does George Deever compare his father?
(a) A mouse
(b) A dog
(c) A possum
(d) A deer
3. What animal does Chris say this town is full of?
4. What point about the people that worked for the war does Joe desperately make in this section?
(a) No one worked for free
(b) They were all on the same side
(c) No one but the soldiers did any of the fighting
(d) They all had a responsibility to the soldiers
5. How did Joe find out about the plane crashes?
(b) His army contacts
(c) The paper
(d) Steve Deever
6. What does Chris accuse his father of at the end of the act?
(d) War profiteering
7. What noise sends the whole neighborhood into panic at the end of the play?
(a) A scream
(b) A shot
(c) A thunderclap
(d) A crash
8. In what type of investment did Steve Deever lose a lot of money?
(a) War bonds
(b) Real estate
(c) Fine art
(d) Oil stocks
9. In what state is George at the end of the day?
10. Where does Chris leave the car that he drove around?
(a) In the street
(b) At the park
(c) In the front lawn of the Kellers' house
(d) In the Kellers' garage
11. At what age does Joe claim he was "put out" to work?
12. What has George come to the Kellers' house to do?
(a) Take Ann home
(b) Ask for a job
(c) Serve Joe with a subpoena
(d) Speak his piece
13. Which of the following is not among the foods Kate mentions having in her refrigerator?
14. What do people say Chris was in the war?
(a) A pacifist
(b) A killer
(c) A leader
(d) A coward
15. Who storms out of the house at the end of the act?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the neighborhood the day George was born?
2. What has Kate done for Ann when the driver arrives?
3. Which of the following characters tells Ann to leave?
4. What does Kate force upon George?
5. When did Larry write the letter Ann shows the family?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)