|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informed Steve Deever that the cylinder heads were cracked?
(a) His assistant manager
(b) Joe Keller
(c) One of his part-time employees
(d) The night foreman
2. How long did it take Lydia to make the hat she wears when she enters the scene?
(a) Three days
(b) Two hours
(c) Nearly a month
(d) Ten minutes
3. Where does Chris intend to move?
(c) St. Louis
4. For what did Joe Keller check every day before leaving the factory?
(a) Employees asleep in the break room
(b) Strange noises in the machine motors
(c) Trash needing to be tossed
(d) Lights left on
5. To Kate, what does Larry's being dead mean?
(a) The war was meaningless
(b) Joe killed him
(c) There is no God
(d) Only one of her sons deserved to live
6. When was the last time Joe Keller was sick, according to Kate?
(a) Five years ago
(b) Last year
(c) Fifteen years ago
7. What is the "emergency" from which Jim has just returned?
(a) A stomach pain
(b) A fit of insomnia
(c) A sour knee
(d) A headache
8. When did Larry write the letter Ann shows the family?
(a) The day he died
(b) The week before he died
(c) His birthday
(d) The day before he died
9. According to his character description, how does George generally speak?
10. How long has Joe put into the company?
(a) Fifty years
(b) Forty years
(c) Fifteen years
(d) Twenty years
11. What caveat does Chris give George about staying?
(a) No arguments
(b) No drinking
(c) No talk of his father
(d) No sleeping in Larry's room
12. How old is Joe Keller?
13. What has George come to the Kellers' house to do?
(a) Serve Joe with a subpoena
(b) Take Ann home
(c) Ask for a job
(d) Speak his piece
14. What could Chris never do, according to Jim?
(a) Admit defeat
15. How many children does Lydia have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann ask Kate to do when Chris returns home?
2. Which of the following is not something Joe Keller recommends Chris do with his money if he thinks it's dirty?
3. Which of the following characters tells Ann to leave?
4. Who are the only people, according to Chris, who are not practical in the world?
5. According to Frank, what did the greatest men who ever lived believe in?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)