|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris mockingly call George in this scene?
(a) The avenging warrior
(b) The voice of God
(c) The hand of fate
(d) The white knight
2. How old is Joe Keller?
3. According to Jim, what is the star that every man has?
(a) His name
(b) His family
(c) His honesty
(d) His honor
4. What does Ann ask Kate to do when Chris returns home?
(a) Apologize to him for the lying
(b) Give him permission to leave town
(c) Tell him that Larry is dead
(d) Give him permission to marry her
5. At what age does Joe claim he was "put out" to work?
6. Who storms out of the house at the end of the act?
7. What is Joe Keller wearing when he comes out of the house in Act 3?
(a) His work suit
(b) His robe
(c) His golf outfit
(d) His dressing gown
8. Who informed Steve Deever that the cylinder heads were cracked?
(a) The night foreman
(b) One of his part-time employees
(c) His assistant manager
(d) Joe Keller
9. When does George plan to leave with Ann?
(b) That evening
(c) The next morning
(d) In a couple of days
10. To where did Jim Bayliss run off?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) Salt Lake City
(d) New Orleans
11. How long has Joe put into the company?
(a) Fifty years
(b) Fifteen years
(c) Forty years
(d) Twenty years
12. To what food does Jim compare his patients?
13. What point about the people that worked for the war does Joe desperately make in this section?
(a) No one worked for free
(b) They were all on the same side
(c) They all had a responsibility to the soldiers
(d) No one but the soldiers did any of the fighting
14. Where is Ann at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) In the kitchen
(b) In her room
(c) In the backyard
(d) Wandering the neighborhood
15. According to Frank, what did the greatest men who ever lived believe in?
(a) The stars
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Ann notices about Chris when he enters in Act 3?
2. What does Frank Lubey have with him when he arrives in the neighbor's yard in this scene?
3. What skill did Steve Deever never learn in all the time Joe knew him?
4. What do people say Chris was in the war?
5. How long did it take Lydia to make the hat she wears when she enters the scene?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)