|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what food does Jim compare his patients?
2. According to his character description, how does George generally speak?
3. What does Kate Keller tell George Deever he needs to stop being?
(a) A coward
(b) A philosopher
(c) A soldier
(d) A lawyer
4. To what company does Joe Keller compare his factory when he describes it to George?
(c) General Motors
5. To Kate, what does Larry's being dead mean?
(a) There is no God
(b) Joe killed him
(c) The war was meaningless
(d) Only one of her sons deserved to live
6. Which of the following is not something Joe Keller recommends Chris do with his money if he thinks it's dirty?
(a) Give it to charity
(b) Burn it
(c) Throw it in the sewer
(d) Give it to the police
7. According to Jim, what is the star that every man has?
(a) His honesty
(b) His name
(c) His honor
(d) His family
8. What does Larry say he would do to Joe if they were in the same room?
(a) Punch him
(b) Forgive him
(c) Hug him
(d) Kill him
9. Who announces to Chris that George has arrived?
10. Who are the only people, according to Chris, who are not practical in the world?
(a) Those who believe in God
(b) Those who are destitute
(c) Those who love someone
(d) Those who are dead
11. When does George plan to leave with Ann?
(a) That evening
(c) In a couple of days
(d) The next morning
12. What form of transportation does Sue sarcastically suggest Jim used to pick up George?
(b) Bullet train
(c) Pontoon boat
13. What is the "emergency" from which Jim has just returned?
(a) A fit of insomnia
(b) A sour knee
(c) A stomach pain
(d) A headache
14. What does Kate tell Chris in this scene that she has never told him before in his life?
(a) I love you
(c) I'm disappointed in you
15. Who storms out of the house at the end of the act?
Short Answer Questions
1. On how much money does Joe claim that he could live if he didn't have a family?
2. How does Kate think Ann knows about Joe's secret?
3. What does Ann ask Kate to do when Chris returns home?
4. What has George come to the Kellers' house to do?
5. What noise sends the whole neighborhood into panic at the end of the play?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)