|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann tell George before he leaves?
(a) She tells him to stay
(b) She tells him to go
(c) She tells him she hates him
(d) She tells him she loves him
2. Until when does Chris forbid any talk of Larry returning?
(a) Until Christ comes
(b) Until hell freezes over
(c) Until Larry actually returns
(d) Until Chris dies
3. Which of the following characters tells Ann to leave?
4. How does George describe his father to Ann?
5. What is the first thing that Ann notices about Chris when he enters in Act 3?
(a) His perspiration
(b) His dirty shirt
(c) His shaking hands
(d) His red cheeks
6. How many children does Lydia have?
7. Which of the following is not something Joe Keller recommends Chris do with his money if he thinks it's dirty?
(a) Throw it in the sewer
(b) Give it to charity
(c) Burn it
(d) Give it to the police
8. To what company does Joe Keller compare his factory when he describes it to George?
(c) General Motors
9. What gesture does Kate suggest Joe make to Chris?
(a) Offer to donate his earnings from the factory
(b) Offer to make a public apology
(c) Offer to go to prison
(d) Offer him money
10. What is the significance of George's hat?
(a) He bought it during the war
(b) It is Steve's
(c) It hides his eyes
(d) He is balding
11. What animal does Mr. Marcy resemble, according to Chris?
(a) A Lion
(b) A gorilla
(c) A bear
(d) A python
12. Who does Chris say he would have gone to see if he had known of his father's culpability in the scandal?
(a) His army contact
(b) The district attorney
(c) Steve Deever
(d) A priest
13. What does Joe Keller call himself as he rails about the money he made for Chris?
(a) A dead man
(b) A dog
(c) A patsy
(d) A loser
14. What noise sends the whole neighborhood into panic at the end of the play?
(a) A shot
(b) A crash
(c) A thunderclap
(d) A scream
15. What skill did Steve Deever never learn in all the time Joe knew him?
(a) Making cylinder heads
(b) Taking blame
(c) Being assertive
(d) Delegating responsibility
Short Answer Questions
1. What could Chris never do, according to Jim?
2. In what state is George at the end of the day?
3. Where is Ann at the beginning of Act 3?
4. According to Jim, what is the star that every man has?
5. According to his character description, how does George generally speak?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)