|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Joe find out about the plane crashes?
(a) The paper
(c) His army contacts
(d) Steve Deever
2. What happened to the neighborhood the day George was born?
(a) The water went out
(b) A house caught fire
(c) It rained all day
(d) Steve Deever crashed his car
3. What advice did Kate give George before he left for the war?
(a) Always keep a bible close
(b) Stay at the back of the charge
(c) Come back in one piece
(d) Don't try for any medals
4. What is the first thing that Ann notices about Chris when he enters in Act 3?
(a) His dirty shirt
(b) His shaking hands
(c) His red cheeks
(d) His perspiration
5. What is the "emergency" from which Jim has just returned?
(a) A stomach pain
(b) A sour knee
(c) A fit of insomnia
(d) A headache
6. How does Kate think Ann knows about Joe's secret?
(a) She overheard the conversation in the yard
(b) Jim told her
(c) Joe told her
(d) She saw Chris fleeing the house
7. Who are the only people, according to Chris, who are not practical in the world?
(a) Those who are dead
(b) Those who believe in God
(c) Those who love someone
(d) Those who are destitute
8. What does Kate force upon George?
(a) A kiss on the cheek
(b) A sandwich
(c) A glass of juice
(d) An apology
9. Who informed Steve Deever that the cylinder heads were cracked?
(a) Joe Keller
(b) The night foreman
(c) One of his part-time employees
(d) His assistant manager
10. What does Joe claim a man cannot be in this world?
(b) A saint
(c) A stone
(d) A hermit
11. Which of the following characters tells Ann to leave?
12. To whom does Chris tell Kate that she and Dad are responsible?
(a) The soldiers
(b) The neighborhood
13. According to Ann, where did Larry's plane crash?
(a) New Zealand
14. Why did George believe the court report for so long?
(a) Because Ann believed it
(b) Because he hates his father
(c) Because Chris believed it
(d) Because he wanted a job
15. According to Ann, what did George do before she left?
(a) Help her with her bags
(b) Curse her
(c) Kiss her goodbye
(d) Not say a word
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last time Joe Keller was sick, according to Kate?
2. Who reads Larry's letter to the family?
3. To Kate, what does Larry's being dead mean?
4. What does Ann ask Kate to do when Chris returns home?
5. According to Frank, what did the greatest men who ever lived believe in?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)