|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Joe Keller?
2. What has George come to the Kellers' house to do?
(a) Ask for a job
(b) Speak his piece
(c) Serve Joe with a subpoena
(d) Take Ann home
3. Where does Joe Keller indicate he intends to go?
(b) The Deever house
(d) The park
4. According to Jim, what is the star that every man has?
(a) His honesty
(b) His name
(c) His family
(d) His honor
5. Where is Ann at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) In the kitchen
(b) In her room
(c) Wandering the neighborhood
(d) In the backyard
6. Which of the following is not something Joe Keller recommends Chris do with his money if he thinks it's dirty?
(a) Throw it in the sewer
(b) Burn it
(c) Give it to the police
(d) Give it to charity
7. What does Joe Keller call himself as he rails about the money he made for Chris?
(a) A patsy
(b) A dog
(c) A loser
(d) A dead man
8. What happened to the neighborhood the day George was born?
(a) Steve Deever crashed his car
(b) A house caught fire
(c) It rained all day
(d) The water went out
9. To Kate, what does Larry's being dead mean?
(a) Joe killed him
(b) The war was meaningless
(c) Only one of her sons deserved to live
(d) There is no God
10. What happens to big men who make mistakes, according to Joe?
(a) They don't get elected president
(b) They get a nice pension
(c) The are executed
(d) They become ambassadors
11. Who announces to Chris that George has arrived?
12. By what does Kate grab Ann while they argue about Larry's death?
(a) Her hair
(b) Her wrists
(c) Her shoulders
(d) Her neck
13. Why did George believe the court report for so long?
(a) Because he hates his father
(b) Because he wanted a job
(c) Because Chris believed it
(d) Because Ann believed it
14. For what did Joe Keller check every day before leaving the factory?
(a) Lights left on
(b) Trash needing to be tossed
(c) Strange noises in the machine motors
(d) Employees asleep in the break room
15. What time is it at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Ten o'clock
(b) Four o'clock
(c) Two o'clock
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the only people, according to Chris, who are not practical in the world?
2. Which of the following is not among the foods Kate mentions having in her refrigerator?
3. What do people say Chris was in the war?
4. To what food does Jim compare his patients?
5. Joe say Kate has been talking _____________ for three and a half years?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)