|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of whether does the paper forecast for the evening?
(d) Clear skies
2. What is George Deever's profession?
(c) Professor of French
(d) Police Detective
3. What did Ann nearly do two years ago?
(a) Get married
(b) Call Chris
(c) Search for Larry in Australia
(d) Kill herself
4. According to Sue, what is Jim turning Chris into?
(a) A golfing buddy
(b) A statue
(c) A protege
(d) A son
5. Why does Jim have to leave Joe Keller's yard at the beginning of the first act?
(a) His wife cannot work the toaster
(b) Mrs. Adams calls him
(c) He has to work on this roof
(d) He has to see Mr. Hubbard
6. Why does Kate think that Chris has no right to marry Ann, according to Joe?
(a) It would sully Larry's memory
(b) She was his sister-in-law
(c) She thinks that Larry is still alive
(d) She doesn't like Ann
7. Why could Larry not have been killed by a faulty part from Joe Keller's factory?
(a) He never flew in a P-40
(b) He didn't fight in the Pacific
(c) He was not a pilot
(d) He died before the shipment of bad parts went out
8. What item can Lydia not figure out when she enters in Act 1?
(a) The french press
(b) The radio
(c) The toaster
(d) The lawnmower
9. Which of the following is not a career that Joe Keller says was an option as a child?
10. Whose son constantly takes people's temperatures?
11. What did people in the neighborhood shout at Joe Keller after he was exonerated by the court?
(c) Welcome Back
(d) War Profiteer
12. To what does Chris compare Larry when he implored Kate to forget him in Act 1?
(a) A train that never arrives
(b) A car stalled on the side of the road
(c) A ram on a mountainside
(d) A scarecrow in a field
13. What was Larry doing in the dream Kate had?
(a) Sitting in the yard
(b) Playing football
(c) Dancing with Ann
(d) Piloting a plane
14. What instrument does Kate Keller want Sue Bayliss to take up?
15. What belonging of Larry's has Kate recently found?
(a) His purple heart
(b) His Sunday suit
(c) His bible
(d) His baseball glove
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe go back into the house at the end of this scene?
2. What does Joe Keller want for dinner?
3. Where is George Deever calling from at the end of Act 1?
4. What does Joe Keller fear is George Deever's intention by visiting his father?
5. What does Joe Keller promise at the end of the act?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)