|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrived in town yesterday to stay with the Kellers?
2. What did Ann nearly do two years ago?
(a) Get married
(b) Kill herself
(c) Search for Larry in Australia
(d) Call Chris
3. What is reported in the paper once a month, according to Joe Keller?
(a) A factory like his is forced to close
(b) A murder happens in town
(c) An MIA soldier returns home
(d) A want ad appears for old dictionaries
4. What type of whether does the paper forecast for the evening?
(d) Clear skies
5. What is George Deever's profession?
(b) Police Detective
(d) Professor of French
6. Why does Kate think that Chris has no right to marry Ann, according to Joe?
(a) She was his sister-in-law
(b) She doesn't like Ann
(c) It would sully Larry's memory
(d) She thinks that Larry is still alive
7. Where did Jim Bayliss refuse to drive Sue because of the heat?
(a) The movies
(b) The store
(c) The park
(d) The beach
8. What is the only part of the paper that Joe Keller reads?
(a) The want ads
(b) The sports section
(c) The obituaries
(d) The world news
9. Which of the following is not something Joe lists as being something people must do with Steve Deever to show them he is not a murderer?
(a) Pray with him
(b) Smile with him
(c) Play cards with him
(d) Talk with him
10. Why does Chris leave the backyard in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) To take a nap
(b) To put on a shirt
(c) To take a shower
(d) To have something to eat
11. Which of the following is not a career that Joe Keller says was an option as a child?
12. What does the block need more of, according to Jim?
(b) Pretty girls
(d) Stop signs
13. What sarcastic expression does Sue use to refer to the Kellers?
(a) The United Nations
(b) The holy family
(c) The three little pigs
(d) The band of thieves
14. Where does Kate Keller have a pain in Act 1?
(a) Her feet
(b) Her head
(c) Her chest
(d) Her neck
15. What did people in the neighborhood shout at Joe Keller after he was exonerated by the court?
(a) Welcome Back
(c) War Profiteer
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Larry doing in the dream Kate had?
2. What section of the paper is Chris always reading?
3. What does Chris always find in every person he meets, according to Ann?
4. What instrument does Kate Keller want Sue Bayliss to take up?
5. What emotion does Joe fear Chris feels regarding his money?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)