|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrived in town yesterday to stay with the Kellers?
2. Who asked Ann Deever to visit?
(a) Chris Keller
(b) Joe Keller
(c) Herbert Deever
(d) Kate Keller
3. What object is Frank Lubey carrying when he talks to Ann in Act 1?
(a) A sack of potatoes
(b) A ladder
(c) A wheelbarrow
(d) A potted plant
4. Which of the following is not a career that Joe Keller says was an option as a child?
5. What does Kate Keller bring out in a pitcher at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Ice tea
(b) Grape juice
6. Joe Keller says a doctor could make a million dollars if he could bring a boy into the world without what body part?
(a) Right foot
(c) Index finger
7. How many times has George Deever gone to see his father at the prison before today?
(b) Over a hundred times
(c) About twenty times
(d) Two times
8. What was Larry doing in the dream Kate had?
(a) Playing football
(b) Dancing with Ann
(c) Piloting a plane
(d) Sitting in the yard
9. To what does Chris compare Larry when he implored Kate to forget him in Act 1?
(a) A ram on a mountainside
(b) A train that never arrives
(c) A car stalled on the side of the road
(d) A scarecrow in a field
10. Chris tells a story about the unit he commanded in the war. A young soldier gives him something. What is it?
(b) Foot rations
(c) A cross
(d) A letter
11. How does Chris kiss Ann, according to Ann?
(a) Like a long-awaited lover
(b) Like his father
(c) Like her friend
(d) Like Larry's brother
12. How long ago did Chris return from the war?
(a) Five years ago
(b) Ten years ago
(c) Two years ago
(d) Fifteen year ago
13. Where did Jim Bayliss refuse to drive Sue because of the heat?
(a) The store
(b) The movies
(c) The beach
(d) The park
14. How long will it be until Steve Deever is free?
(a) At least ten years
(b) 5 months
(c) A year to 18 months
(d) Four or five years
15. What action has Ann's mother recently decided against?
(a) Moving to New York
(b) Having another child
(c) Getting a divorce
(d) Converting to Catholicism
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe go back into the house at the end of this scene?
2. What French expression does Chris use to refer to Joe in Act 2?
3. What does Kate like about Chris's removal of the fallen tree?
4. Whose son constantly takes people's temperatures?
5. When Ann enters in Act 1, what does Chris tell her is better in their town than in New York?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)