|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object is Frank Lubey carrying when he talks to Ann in Act 1?
(a) A wheelbarrow
(b) A potted plant
(c) A sack of potatoes
(d) A ladder
2. According to Chris in his monologue, what should have been born out of all the death in the war?
(a) A sense of religious faith
(b) A new nationalism
(c) Lingering hate
(d) Social responsibility
3. Joe Keller says a doctor could make a million dollars if he could bring a boy into the world without what body part?
(c) Right foot
(d) Index finger
4. Where is George Deever calling from at the end of Act 1?
(c) New York
5. How many times has George Deever gone to see his father at the prison before today?
(a) About twenty times
(b) Two times
(d) Over a hundred times
6. Where is Chris thinking of moving after he marries?
(b) New York
7. Why does Sue think she should have been born a man?
(a) She relates to men better than women
(b) She is over six feet tall
(c) She is always introduced to beautiful women
(d) She is better at carpentry than her husband
8. To what does Chris compare Larry when he implored Kate to forget him in Act 1?
(a) A car stalled on the side of the road
(b) A train that never arrives
(c) A ram on a mountainside
(d) A scarecrow in a field
9. What does Joe Keller fear is George Deever's intention by visiting his father?
(a) He wants so tell him off
(b) He wants to reopen the case
(c) He wants to warn his father about Chris's intentions to Ann
(d) He wants to break him out
10. What does Joe Keller hand out to children in the neighborhood?
(a) Toy police badges
(b) Toy planes
(c) Licorice sticks
(d) Tiny prayerbooks
11. What did Ann nearly do two years ago?
(a) Kill herself
(b) Call Chris
(c) Search for Larry in Australia
(d) Get married
12. To what amusement park does Joe Keller compare his backyard?
(a) Atlantic City
(c) Disney Land
13. What order does Kate Keller repeatedly give Joe Keller at the end of the act?
(a) Stay put
(b) Stay quiet
(c) Trust no one
(d) Be smart
14. Which of the following is not a military rank listed among Joe Keller's factory staff?
15. According to Sue, a person can never owe someone money without what?
(a) Resenting them
(b) Other people knowing
(c) Hating himself
(d) Worrying about it
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Ann's body does Kate think has gotten bigger?
2. Why is Lydia coming over to the Kellers' house?
3. What is George Deever's profession?
4. What was Larry doing in the dream Kate had?
5. What emotion does Joe fear Chris feels regarding his money?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)