|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation did Susie have?
(c) Bus driver
(d) Factory worker
2. What type of whether does the paper forecast for the evening?
(b) Clear skies
3. What French expression does Chris use to refer to Joe in Act 2?
4. Why does Sue think she should have been born a man?
(a) She relates to men better than women
(b) She is always introduced to beautiful women
(c) She is better at carpentry than her husband
(d) She is over six feet tall
5. What does Chris always find in every person he meets, according to Ann?
(a) A challenge
(b) A flaw
(c) A debtor
(d) A distinction
6. What is different about the Kellers' yard at the beginning of the play
(a) It has been mowed
(b) A tree has fallen
(c) The hammock is broken
(d) A large picnic is going on
7. What does Joe Keller promise at the end of the act?
(a) Never to rename the business
(b) To convince Kate to approve his marriage
(c) To check in on Steve Deever
(d) To stay out of his life
8. What section of the paper is Chris always reading?
(a) The movie times
(b) The stocks
(c) The book section
(d) The obituaries
9. What does Joe say that Steve Deever is instead of a murderer?
(a) A fool
(b) A patsy
(c) A martyr
(d) A friend
10. What order does Kate Keller repeatedly give Joe Keller at the end of the act?
(a) Stay quiet
(b) Trust no one
(c) Stay put
(d) Be smart
11. What does Joe want to offer George?
(a) A house
(c) An apology
(d) A job
12. What is the only part of the paper that Joe Keller reads?
(a) The want ads
(b) The obituaries
(c) The world news
(d) The sports section
13. What sarcastic expression does Sue use to refer to the Kellers?
(a) The band of thieves
(b) The holy family
(c) The United Nations
(d) The three little pigs
14. Why is Lydia coming over to the Kellers' house?
(a) To help make dessert
(b) To speak with Kate about the horoscope
(c) To hem Ann's dress
(d) To do Kate's hair
15. According to Sue, what is Jim turning Chris into?
(a) A protege
(b) A son
(c) A golfing buddy
(d) A statue
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris think that he and Joe should tell Kate?
2. Who asked Ann Deever to visit?
3. What did Ann nearly do two years ago?
4. Who said a dirty word, according to Bert?
5. Why does Chris leave the backyard in the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)