|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a military rank listed among Joe Keller's factory staff?
2. How often has Ann written her father since he's been in prison?
(a) Every day
(b) Every week
3. Who said a dirty word, according to Bert?
(a) Jim Bayliss
(b) Tommy Bayliss
(c) Lydia Lubey
(d) Chris Keller
4. Where is Chris thinking of moving after he marries?
(c) New York
5. Where has a long-lost American soldier recently turned up, according to Kate?
6. Why does Joe go back into the house at the end of this scene?
(a) To dress
(b) To shave
(c) To eat
(d) To shower
7. Why does Chris leave the backyard in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) To take a shower
(b) To have something to eat
(c) To take a nap
(d) To put on a shirt
8. According to Kate, what does Joe Keller do when he is worried?
(d) Read the paper
9. With whom does Jim say he wants to play golf?
10. What is George Deever's profession?
(b) Police Detective
(d) Professor of French
11. According to Sue, a person can never owe someone money without what?
(a) Worrying about it
(b) Hating himself
(c) Other people knowing
(d) Resenting them
12. Which of the following is not something Joe lists as being something people must do with Steve Deever to show them he is not a murderer?
(a) Play cards with him
(b) Talk with him
(c) Pray with him
(d) Smile with him
13. How many times has Annie been married?
(a) One time
(c) Two times
(d) Three times
14. To which playwright does Chris compare his father jokingly?
15. When Ann enters in Act 1, what does Chris tell her is better in their town than in New York?
(a) The friendship
(b) The sunshine
(c) The food
(d) The air
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will it be until Steve Deever is free?
2. What does Kate Keller bring out in a pitcher at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What is the current name of Joe Keller's business?
4. What action has Ann's mother recently decided against?
5. Where does Kate Keller have a pain in Act 1?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)