|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What section of the paper is Chris always reading?
(a) The stocks
(b) The book section
(c) The movie times
(d) The obituaries
2. Why does Kate think that Chris has no right to marry Ann, according to Joe?
(a) It would sully Larry's memory
(b) She doesn't like Ann
(c) She thinks that Larry is still alive
(d) She was his sister-in-law
3. In what month does the play take place?
4. When Ann enters in Act 1, what does Chris tell her is better in their town than in New York?
(a) The friendship
(b) The sunshine
(c) The air
(d) The food
5. What does Kate Keller still do regularly in preparation for Larry's return?
(a) Dusts his books
(b) Shines his shoes
(c) Cooks his favorite dinner every week
(d) Makes his bed
6. Which of the following is not something that Chris groups in with the "loot" he took from the war?
(a) His soul
(b) His refrigerator
(d) His car
7. According to Sue, what is Jim turning Chris into?
(a) A protege
(b) A golfing buddy
(c) A statue
(d) A son
8. What occupation did Susie have?
(c) Factory worker
(d) Bus driver
9. Where does Kate Keller have a pain in Act 1?
(a) Her head
(b) Her feet
(c) Her chest
(d) Her neck
10. What item is Ann sad to see is missing from her old backyard?
(a) A tree-house
(b) A picnic table
(c) A dog house
(d) A hammock
11. Where is Chris thinking of moving after he marries?
(a) New York
12. What belonging of Larry's has Kate recently found?
(a) His baseball glove
(b) His bible
(c) His Sunday suit
(d) His purple heart
13. What does Chris offer to his mother several times in Act 1?
(a) A warm compress
(b) A cup of tea
(c) A glass of water
(d) An aspirin
14. How many times has George Deever gone to see his father at the prison before today?
(a) Two times
(b) Over a hundred times
(d) About twenty times
15. What sarcastic expression does Sue use to refer to the Kellers?
(a) The band of thieves
(b) The holy family
(c) The three little pigs
(d) The United Nations
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only part of the paper that Joe Keller reads?
2. What does Chris always find in every person he meets, according to Ann?
3. What object is Frank Lubey carrying when he talks to Ann in Act 1?
4. At what time did Chris see his mother standing in the yard?
5. How does Ann describe Chris' attitude since she arrived?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)