|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What order does Kate Keller repeatedly give Joe Keller at the end of the act?
(a) Be smart
(b) Trust no one
(c) Stay put
(d) Stay quiet
2. What "job" has Joe Keller given Bert?
3. To which playwright does Chris compare his father jokingly?
4. How does Chris kiss Ann, according to Ann?
(a) Like a long-awaited lover
(b) Like his father
(c) Like her friend
(d) Like Larry's brother
5. How long ago did Chris return from the war?
(a) Five years ago
(b) Two years ago
(c) Ten years ago
(d) Fifteen year ago
6. How often has Ann written her father since he's been in prison?
(a) Every day
(d) Every week
7. How did George travel from New York to Columbus?
8. What is Frank Lubey's career?
(d) Civic planner
9. According to Sue, a person can never owe someone money without what?
(a) Hating himself
(b) Worrying about it
(c) Other people knowing
(d) Resenting them
10. What object is Frank Lubey carrying when he talks to Ann in Act 1?
(a) A ladder
(b) A sack of potatoes
(c) A wheelbarrow
(d) A potted plant
11. Which of the following is not something that Chris groups in with the "loot" he took from the war?
(b) His soul
(c) His car
(d) His refrigerator
12. What item can Lydia not figure out when she enters in Act 1?
(a) The radio
(b) The toaster
(c) The french press
(d) The lawnmower
13. Why does Jim have to leave Joe Keller's yard at the beginning of the first act?
(a) Mrs. Adams calls him
(b) He has to work on this roof
(c) He has to see Mr. Hubbard
(d) His wife cannot work the toaster
14. On what day is Larry Keller supposed to have died?
(a) June 19
(b) November 25
(c) May 1
(d) January 21
15. How many times has Annie been married?
(a) Two times
(c) One time
(d) Three times
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of whether does the paper forecast for the evening?
2. Who said a dirty word, according to Bert?
3. What was Chris' nickname in the war?
4. Why does Kate think that Chris has no right to marry Ann, according to Joe?
5. What does Chris offer to his mother several times in Act 1?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)