|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the Kellers' yard at the beginning of the play
(a) A tree has fallen
(b) It has been mowed
(c) A large picnic is going on
(d) The hammock is broken
2. Why could Larry not have been killed by a faulty part from Joe Keller's factory?
(a) He didn't fight in the Pacific
(b) He was not a pilot
(c) He died before the shipment of bad parts went out
(d) He never flew in a P-40
3. What emotion does Joe fear Chris feels regarding his money?
4. What does the block need more of, according to Jim?
(a) Pretty girls
(b) Stop signs
5. What does Joe want to offer George?
(a) A house
(c) An apology
(d) A job
6. What does Joe say that Steve Deever is instead of a murderer?
(a) A martyr
(b) A fool
(c) A patsy
(d) A friend
7. According to Kate, what does Joe Keller do when he is worried?
(b) Read the paper
8. Where is Chris thinking of moving after he marries?
(a) New York
9. What type of whether does the paper forecast for the evening?
(a) Clear skies
10. What did people in the neighborhood shout at Joe Keller after he was exonerated by the court?
(b) Welcome Back
(c) War Profiteer
11. Why does Kate think that Chris has no right to marry Ann, according to Joe?
(a) She thinks that Larry is still alive
(b) She was his sister-in-law
(c) It would sully Larry's memory
(d) She doesn't like Ann
12. What action has Ann's mother recently decided against?
(a) Having another child
(b) Moving to New York
(c) Converting to Catholicism
(d) Getting a divorce
13. What sarcastic expression does Sue use to refer to the Kellers?
(a) The three little pigs
(b) The band of thieves
(c) The United Nations
(d) The holy family
14. How does Chris kiss Ann, according to Ann?
(a) Like a long-awaited lover
(b) Like Larry's brother
(c) Like his father
(d) Like her friend
15. Where is George Deever calling from at the end of Act 1?
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sue, what is Jim turning Chris into?
2. Why does Sue think she should have been born a man?
3. At what time did Chris see his mother standing in the yard?
4. What was Larry doing in the dream Kate had?
5. What is the only part of the paper that Joe Keller reads?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)