|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim have to leave Joe Keller's yard at the beginning of the first act?
(a) He has to work on this roof
(b) His wife cannot work the toaster
(c) He has to see Mr. Hubbard
(d) Mrs. Adams calls him
2. What action has Ann's mother recently decided against?
(a) Converting to Catholicism
(b) Having another child
(c) Moving to New York
(d) Getting a divorce
3. Whose son constantly takes people's temperatures?
4. Who arrived in town yesterday to stay with the Kellers?
5. According to Chris in his monologue, what should have been born out of all the death in the war?
(a) A sense of religious faith
(b) Social responsibility
(c) A new nationalism
(d) Lingering hate
6. What French expression does Chris use to refer to Joe in Act 2?
7. At what time did Chris see his mother standing in the yard?
(a) Four in the morning
(c) Eight in the morning
8. To which playwright does Chris compare his father jokingly?
9. What order does Kate Keller repeatedly give Joe Keller at the end of the act?
(a) Trust no one
(b) Be smart
(c) Stay quiet
(d) Stay put
10. How does Ann describe Chris' attitude since she arrived?
11. Where has a long-lost American soldier recently turned up, according to Kate?
12. What mechanical part did Joe Keller and Steve Deever's factory make?
(a) Coolant hoses
(b) Siding plates
(c) Cylinder heads
13. What item can Lydia not figure out when she enters in Act 1?
(a) The lawnmower
(b) The french press
(c) The toaster
(d) The radio
14. What does Chris think that he and Joe should tell Kate?
(a) That Chris loves Ann
(b) That Larry is likely dead
(c) That Joe's factory is closing
(d) That Joe would like to move
15. Why does Kate think that Chris has no right to marry Ann, according to Joe?
(a) She thinks that Larry is still alive
(b) She doesn't like Ann
(c) She was his sister-in-law
(d) It would sully Larry's memory
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a military rank listed among Joe Keller's factory staff?
2. Who said a dirty word, according to Bert?
3. With whom does Jim say he wants to play golf?
4. What does Kate Keller still do regularly in preparation for Larry's return?
5. What belonging of Larry's has Kate recently found?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)