|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item can Lydia not figure out when she enters in Act 1?
(a) The french press
(b) The radio
(c) The lawnmower
(d) The toaster
2. To which playwright does Chris compare his father jokingly?
3. What emotion does Joe fear Chris feels regarding his money?
4. What is reported in the paper once a month, according to Joe Keller?
(a) A factory like his is forced to close
(b) An MIA soldier returns home
(c) A want ad appears for old dictionaries
(d) A murder happens in town
5. What does Joe say that Steve Deever is instead of a murderer?
(a) A fool
(b) A martyr
(c) A patsy
(d) A friend
6. Why does Kate think that Chris has no right to marry Ann, according to Joe?
(a) She was his sister-in-law
(b) She thinks that Larry is still alive
(c) It would sully Larry's memory
(d) She doesn't like Ann
7. What does Chris offer to his mother several times in Act 1?
(a) A cup of tea
(b) A warm compress
(c) A glass of water
(d) An aspirin
8. What is George Deever's profession?
(c) Police Detective
(d) Professor of French
9. How does Ann describe Chris' attitude since she arrived?
10. What does the block need more of, according to Jim?
(a) Stop signs
(c) Pretty girls
11. What order does Kate Keller repeatedly give Joe Keller at the end of the act?
(a) Stay quiet
(b) Be smart
(c) Stay put
(d) Trust no one
12. With whom does Jim say he wants to play golf?
13. Ann tells Chris that doing what upsets her stomach?
(b) Ignoring the truth
14. Where is Chris thinking of moving after he marries?
(c) New York
15. In what month does the play take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Ann's body does Kate think has gotten bigger?
2. Who asked Ann Deever to visit?
3. How often has Ann written her father since he's been in prison?
4. Who said a dirty word, according to Bert?
5. What is different about the Kellers' yard at the beginning of the play
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)