|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what amusement park does Joe Keller compare his backyard?
(a) Atlantic City
(c) Disney Land
2. What item is Ann sad to see is missing from her old backyard?
(a) A tree-house
(b) A dog house
(c) A hammock
(d) A picnic table
3. What does Kate say she will do if Larry is dead?
(a) Divorce Joe
(b) Never leave the house
(c) Leave the state
(d) Kill herself
4. Where is George Deever calling from at the end of Act 1?
(c) New York
5. What French expression does Chris use to refer to Joe in Act 2?
6. How many times has Annie been married?
(b) One time
(c) Two times
(d) Three times
7. Who said a dirty word, according to Bert?
(a) Jim Bayliss
(b) Lydia Lubey
(c) Tommy Bayliss
(d) Chris Keller
8. In what month does the play take place?
9. Which two words does Joe confuse when talking to Ann and Chris about George?
(a) Abberant and apparent
(b) Brooch and broach
(c) Skittish and Scottish
(d) Attend and offend
10. Why does Sue think she should have been born a man?
(a) She is always introduced to beautiful women
(b) She is over six feet tall
(c) She is better at carpentry than her husband
(d) She relates to men better than women
11. What does Joe Keller want for dinner?
12. To what does Chris compare Larry when he implored Kate to forget him in Act 1?
(a) A ram on a mountainside
(b) A train that never arrives
(c) A car stalled on the side of the road
(d) A scarecrow in a field
13. What does Kate like about Chris's removal of the fallen tree?
(a) It isn't blocking the back entrance
(b) It lets more light in
(c) The stump makes a nice seat
(d) She can plant a garden
14. How long will it be until Steve Deever is free?
(a) 5 months
(b) Four or five years
(c) A year to 18 months
(d) At least ten years
15. What does Joe say that Steve Deever is instead of a murderer?
(a) A friend
(b) A martyr
(c) A patsy
(d) A fool
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sue, a person can never owe someone money without what?
2. At what time did Chris see his mother standing in the yard?
3. Who asked Ann Deever to visit?
4. What sarcastic expression does Sue use to refer to the Kellers?
5. What is Frank Lubey's career?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)